As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Sword and Shield: Out now. Mark your spoilers!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The actual Silph Co. headquarters section is kind of a slog by the end, but in my head it plays out like a really tense Dredd or The Raid scenario of kicking ass all the way up this skyscraper

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Playing through that part reminded me "Oh yeah, most of the Silph scientists are turncoats, huh"

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Playing through that part reminded me "Oh yeah, most of the Silph scientists are turncoats, huh"

Typical tech sector

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Let's Go Hitmonchan and Let's Go Hitmonlee

these are both actually about my quest, as a human in the world of pokemon, to best hitmonchan and hitmonlee respectively in interspecies kumite

Is Machamp Chong Li in this scenario?

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Had to GTS to get some of my farm team for my friend tournament. Wasn't terrible actually. Only around 50% asking for legendaries for pokemon like Mareep, instead of the 75% it was a couple of years ago when I looked.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Is anyone still playing pokemon go? I need some more friends to send presents to.

My trainer code is 6605 7711 5415

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I am! I sent a request over.

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    @MulysaSempronius Would you like to become Best Friends at the same time, so we can both have an egg active (in case you still care about XP)?

I was also going to suggest this to @Blake T but unfortunately I absent-mindedly went ahead and accepted his present because I'm dizzy

[edit]
    Going to bed now though

Platy on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I dusted this off and finished off the last gym + E4, I liked this game a lot more than I thought I would. I cheesed the Chansey Master Trainer but I don't think I'm going to engage too much with that otherwise. It felt like a Neat Idea that was on a Game Freak whiteboard for ages, but the levels are way too high to bother with it, especially with the minimal reward. If it rounded down to 50 then maybe.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    @MulysaSempronius Would you like to become Best Friends at the same time, so we can both have an egg active (in case you still care about XP)?

I was also going to suggest this to @Blake T but unfortunately I absent-mindedly went ahead and accepted his present because I'm dizzy

[edit]
    Going to bed now though

Thanks for the offer, but I'm pretty sure I'm too lazy to make this work. I'll not open your present for the next day or so, though, so you can go for the XP when you open a present

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Oh shoot

I forgot it’s Mewtwo’s birthday

It’s almost over

Happy birthday to the coolest Pokémon, if not the best
    The best is Shedinja

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Don't have high hopes for this tbh. Pokemon company isn't the best at directs.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    It's only 7 minutes so it's not gonna be a lot anyway.

Hell at only 7 minutes I could see this being a "this is taking longer than we expected so the game won't be out this year" announcement. They've mentioned previously that the team was having difficulty adjusting to development on Switch.

I don't want that to be the case, I'm real ready for a new Pokemon game y'all, but I'm preparing for the possibility.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    The X and Y and Sun and Moon announcement directs were both about that long, if I remember right.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Oh sure it could easily be "here's a name and here's a first look at the new starters" or some such shit. Just wouldn't be surprised by a delay is all.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

Hell at only 7 minutes I could see this being a "this is taking longer than we expected so the game won't be out this year" announcement. They've mentioned previously that the team was having difficulty adjusting to development on Switch.

I don't want that to be the case, I'm real ready for a new Pokemon game y'all, but I'm preparing for the possibility.

I like to believe that if the game were getting a delay they wouldn't host a Direct for it and instead would just put out an announcement video, ala Metroid Prime 4

We'll see in twenty-three-ish hours, though

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Oh sure it could easily be "here's a name and here's a first look at the new starters" or some such shit. Just wouldn't be surprised by a delay is all.

The new starters are South American themed
    Smondor , Hordycep, and Tirhana. Fire, grass, and water respectively

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

I like to believe that if the game were getting a delay they wouldn't host a Direct for it and instead would just put out an announcement video, ala Metroid Prime 4

I mean the Metroid Prime thing was a pretty extreme example. That game was scrapped and restarted from scratch under a new studio. They typically use directs to just say "hey this is taking longer than we expected".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

Could be both, like they did with Fire Emblem.

'Hey, here's some gameplay footage! Look at all this cool stuff! Also the game is taking us longer than expected so here's a new, later release date'

• Options
    Javen wrote: »

Could be both, like they did with Fire Emblem.

'Hey, here's some gameplay footage! Look at all this cool stuff! Also the game is taking us longer than expected so here's a new, later release date'

Yeah that's definitely how I figure it'd go if it is a delay.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I just wouldn't put money on it being delayed just yet, especially based on the length

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Aw, c'mon, you know I don't throw all in on speculations. I'm just considering the possibilities here.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'll put money on it, who wants in on this action

• Options
    I will however put a fiver on there being no bird or reptile* themed starters this time around.

(*contrary to my usual stance on the matter I am including amphibians in this)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Five Funbucks on no delay.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Broke: speculation bingo
    Woke: speculation GAMBLING

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Aren't amphibians reptiles according to taxonomy nowadays? Also birds???

Anyway I understand what you mean and I'm curious what you think they'll have instead

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Aren't amphibians reptiles according to taxonomy nowadays? Also birds???

Anyway I understand what you mean and I'm curious what you think they'll have instead

Yeah it's a point of contention because of the different ways and contexts in which we classify things (see also the fruit v. vegetable arguments), which is why I specified.

As for what they will have, that's a practically infinite range of possibilities, but given the trends for starter designs, I'm thinking mammals and maybe a bug or a proper "just a sentient plant" grass starter for once. No real reason why, just thought it would be interesting if they branched out a bit (heh)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    when are they going to give us a water starter that's just a fish

we haven't even had a three stage fish yet!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I have a couple of good turtles

Now they are to give me a bear, or possibly a rabbit

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I'm gonna be honest, I want way more turtles. They don't gotta be starters but I have so many spec designs for them

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm going all on on pokemon is done and available for download now

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    One thing I'm confident on, we're gonna see the first forms of the new starters tomorrow. Which makes it kind of surprising there haven't been any big leak rumors lately.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    No more fish.

Every fish pokemon is bad.

Except Magikarp.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106 wrote: »
    No more fish.

Except Magikarp.

The entire Horsea line, Staryu/Starmie, Remoraid, Feebas/Milotic, Corphish (yeah yeah it's a crab but it's got "phish" in the name), Wishiwashi, Chinchou/Lantern, Carvanha/Sharpedo, Qwilfish, Whiscash, Skrelp, and Dragalgae are all cool in my book

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    the direct is a personal congratulations to me for finally catching a shiny

in pokemon go, sure, but it still counts

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    No more fish.

Except Magikarp.

This is an extremely poor take. Just among my favorites are Lanturn, Alomomola, Relicanth, Lumineon, and Wishiwashi. And many of the others are still very good--hell, I even like Basculin. Fish b good

I walked away before finishing this post and the fact that Bagel and I only overlapped twice on our lists show how many good fishes there are!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.