As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Kingdom Hearts] Melody of Melancholy

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    baby don't you leak twice

Hmm hmm nope that's a bad one

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

So apparently in light of the leaks the epilogue and secret movie to KH3 aren't being released until a later date.

Not sure how that works guessing they already weren't on the disc and were gonna be in a day one patch.

I would guess "at a later date" probably means whatever patch was originally going to get put up on the console's patch system a while before the release date to be ready. And now they'll probably hold it till just before.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Also in a surprise to no one the person doing this has been caught.

So he undoubtedly lost his job and has to pay whatever fines are associated with this all over an attempt to make $1000.

People are so smart.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    I'm playing through the first KH

Is this game bad? I think it might be bad

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Sanctuary
    I'm playing through the first KH

Is this game bad? I think it might be bad

It's a 3d action RPG from 2002.

So at the time no.

Compared to anything modern it's not gonna hold up super great.

So it really depends on how you're looking at it.

• Options
    Sanctuary
    I mean this isn't my first time playing it

I got it for Christmas with KH2, played up to the final boss, then immediately started KH2 and never looked back

I seem to remember less bullshit platforming in that one

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    KH2 IIRC doesn't have ANY platforming at all. Which is good if you ask me.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Sanctuary
    I mean this isn't my first time playing it

I got it for Christmas with KH2, played up to the final boss, then immediately started KH2 and never looked back

I seem to remember less bullshit platforming in that one

KH2 did a lot to improve the game no doubt. If you are playing the original KH1 it doesn't even have camera movement on a stick. That's how old that shit is.

The PS4 version at least cleans up some of that but only so much. Camera can still be quite janky. And after you've played the 2nd one with all the improvements I can imagine it would be very hard to go back to the first one. But yea, it's very much a product of it's time and the second one just feels so much better.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    KH2 IIRC doesn't have ANY platforming at all. Which is good if you ask me.

Until the final mix versions which added collectible stickers and a bonus dungeon that heavily uses the movement skills from Drive forms.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    KH2 just has too much emphasis on Reactions in combat

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    New trailer with some endgame stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz1w_uW3lSE

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    Sanctuary
    Man, ok honest question. Is Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage available stand alone and worth it? It's the only one I haven't played yet.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Man, ok honest question. Is Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage available stand alone and worth it? It's the only one I haven't played yet.

AFP is only available on the compilations (specifically, the one containing 3D and the Chi movie).

It’s only a couple hours long, so I’d say it’s mostly just worth it as a bonus thing on the compilation, rather than if it were standalone.

• Options
    Sanctuary
    It got me super hyped to play 3 since it was made for PS4 and just felt so good and Kingdom Heartsy to be bashing on those shadows.

So for that alone it was worth it.

• Options
    Sanctuary
    I'll see if I find it cheap. I did everything I could in DDD back when it was released on 3DS so I have no need to replay that one.

• Options
    Sanctuary
    I've only played 1 and 2

So this collection is kind of perfect

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i hope buzz lightyear gets norted

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    The entire trailer is unbelievably good and emotional but I was too busy laughing at Buzz Lightyear being fucking dead as hell

• Options
    Sanctuary
    I want to click that.

But I must stay strong. Going into this as blind as possible wrt to trailer stuff.

Still haven't even heard either of the released songs to get the most impact when I first put that disk in.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    I’ve been watching all the trailers but I won’t watch this one

I’ve seen enough

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    It's good that they showed us this trailer now. I'll definitely forget about the details in a month.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Sanctuary
    Have to say seeing Sora display an emotion that isn't unrelenting optimistism is weird.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Boy that new voice actor for Big Nort is...

not good

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    I mean anything after Nimoy was gonna be a downgrade.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    ugh I forgot Leonard Nimoy passed away
    damn it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Boy that new voice actor for Big Nort is...

not good

I think he is fine.

I mean no one is going to be able to top Nimoy for that role but he sounds perfectly ok to me.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    I picked up the 1.5+2.5 collection for $20 to play BBS and 2.

BBS has some terrifying lips

• Options
    Sanctuary

Really? It's been a while I can hardly remember.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    I think there's still enough time to play through the series and finish in time for 3 if I start today

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Simple & Clean
    I am very excited for this, but also I can't believe its happening? Like I am fully expecting on the 20th for them to be like "Ok well next year we promise"

• Options
    Sanctuary
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I am very excited for this, but also I can't believe its happening? Like I am fully expecting on the 20th for them to be like "Ok well next year we promise"

That's the one almost positive thing that came of the leaked copies.

We know it's like.. legit for real and completely done.

Which is really crazy honestly.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Simple & Clean

inb4 Asura's Wrath style DLC with the true ending

• Options
    IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    Thetheroo wrote: »

inb4 Asura's Wrath style DLC with the true ending

that or sora gets trapped or something and it is another 16 years and 9 games to get him fully put back together. I just want kairi and sora to share the damn paopu fruit already.

• Options
    Sanctuary
    Look, I'm positive that I'm gonna feel the same way I did back in 2002 when I beat KH.
    mudderfukers give me my happy ending what do you mean there's another sequel?!?!?!?!

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Simple & Clean

Really? It's been a while I can hardly remember.

It's mostly Ven since the prologue focuses on him a lot more.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I tried starting KH1 on PS4 and I don't know if I can handle this camera...

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Sanctuary
    I just played KH3

It’s dope, it’s more KH

The demo was fifteen minutes but I was able to take out the Rock Titan in about ten

• Options
    Sanctuary
    I'm nearing the end of KH1

God, I can't wait to be done with KH1

I kept telling myself that this time I'd do ALL the content, but man, I'm so sick of this thing, especially since I've got the Superior In Every Way KH2 on the same disc, just sitting there