As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    1 10 roll, 1 fucking Kuzuki CE.

Sigh.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, I got a couple of CEs and that was it. I'd love to replace Carmilla, but I'd rather save for a slim chance at MHXA I guess...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    17 tickets and 90 budgeted quartz. No Gramps, but my very first ticket was my first copy of Waver. A very acceptable consolation prize, and probably an overall more useful get to begin with.

Not a fun spooky skeleton man who is humanity's collective understanding of death itself, but it's hard to be disappointed.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    My friend got Musashi in his first ten roll, and today he got Gramps in another first ten roll.

Envy will be my demise one of these days.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Got Tammy is bond three. Did her quests and upgrades, threw her on my support list, only lvl 81 for now. Still need more QP for getting Fox Wedding to 10.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Now that I have Merlin maxed out and on the support list I actually pull in roughly 1k FP a day. It's weird.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    So I was feeling the need for another game, and I think I had tried FGO briefly when it was first released but didn't play for more than a couple minutes. I didn't give it my full attention.

I decided to give it another try earlier this week, and it's a lot of fun so far. I'm not a fan of the rerolling thing so I've stuck with my initial roll. That was 4* Marsha, Rider version. She's working pretty well. But I've been able to clear a bunch of early stuff by using high level Friend Servants. Lvl90 or 100 ones just kind of stomp on everything :) .

For most of the Story stuff I've been using the Guest Servants, just to get an idea on how to actually play the game. I did pull in a Friend one for the Vlad and Bathory fights in France, as I didn't feel like messing around with them. I lost the first time I fought them.

I've only done the one 10 SQ pull so far, and I've got 60-ish SQ at the moment. I see the First Hassan banner is the only "special" banner up right now. Should I pull on that one or the normal Story banner?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Never pull on the Story banner

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Never pull on the Story banner

Pretty much.

Hassan is pretty good if you get him.

Martha isn't bad - she ends up with both buff and debuff clearing abilities that let her simplifiy a nber of fights. More of a support than damage option.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Selner wrote: »
    So I was feeling the need for another game, and I think I had tried FGO briefly when it was first released but didn't play for more than a couple minutes. I didn't give it my full attention.

I decided to give it another try earlier this week, and it's a lot of fun so far. I'm not a fan of the rerolling thing so I've stuck with my initial roll. That was 4* Marsha, Rider version. She's working pretty well. But I've been able to clear a bunch of early stuff by using high level Friend Servants. Lvl90 or 100 ones just kind of stomp on everything :) .

For most of the Story stuff I've been using the Guest Servants, just to get an idea on how to actually play the game. I did pull in a Friend one for the Vlad and Bathory fights in France, as I didn't feel like messing around with them. I lost the first time I fought them.

I've only done the one 10 SQ pull so far, and I've got 60-ish SQ at the moment. I see the First Hassan banner is the only "special" banner up right now. Should I pull on that one or the normal Story banner?

Welcome to the game!

Martha is fun and good, as Polarite said, she's useful for buff/debuff clearing or general AoE wave clearing.

I'd recommend working through the story, doing some ember grinding to level up your servants, and using your quartz on the First Hassan banner.

If you pull him, that's excellent. If not, there's lots of more common servants that are extremely good too. That's one of the best parts about FGO- even the lower rarity servants can be good enough to clear everything.

I'd be on the lookout for Robin Hood, David, Medea, and Cu Chulainn (the one with the red spear, not the green spear "proto" cu), all of which are three stars. Among the bronze servants you can get from the friend point banner, Hans Christen Andersen, Mozart, and Cursed Arm hassan are all very strong.

And if you pull any gold servants, even better!

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

Post your friend ID, so we can add you! Taking strong support servants can go a long way to carry you through the early game.

I generally don't recommend rolling on the story banner. The Hassan one would definitely be better right now, or you can save up for some kind of event banner. Event banners usually include craft essences that give you some kind of boost for the event, which can be nice. Right now, though, a plain banner like the Hassan one might be a good idea, since a lot of the regular 5* craft essences would be useful to pick up.

• Options

Post your friend ID, so we can add you! Taking strong support servants can go a long way to carry you through the early game.

I generally don't recommend rolling on the story banner. The Hassan one would definitely be better right now, or you can save up for some kind of event banner. Event banners usually include craft essences that give you some kind of boost for the event, which can be nice. Right now, though, a plain banner like the Hassan one might be a good idea, since a lot of the regular 5* craft essences would be useful to pick up.

Oh yeah, Friend ID: 085,840,356.

I've probably got Mash set on there, I should figure out how to change that.

And thanks for the advice on not doing the Story pull. In other games that's not the type of banner to pull on, so I wasn't going to pull there unless I read advice saying to.

So I pulled on the First Hassan banner... and out pops First Hassan. My first 5*. Woo.
    Also got two more 4* Essences too, Gem Magecraft: Antumdra and Art of the Posionous Snake. Stuff has odd names in this game.

My other 4* Essence is Imaginary Element, got that from the first pull.

The 3*s I have so far (not sure if they're worth anything): Ushiwakamaru, David, Boudica, Cu Chalainn/Caster, Gilles de Rais, Alexander, Henry Jekyll/Hyde.

There's a handful of 2s and 1s. Should I just enhance them into the others?
    I do have Mozart and Cursed Arm (from friend points). They are 1* and 2* though, so I wasn't sure if they were any good.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Congrats! First Hassan is a tremendous pull.

Level him up and you'll be able to use him to cut through most anything.

As for your 3*, David and Ushi are your best bets. The others are fine, but not terrific.

As for dupes, use them to level Noble Phantasms. (Do this through the NP enhancement menu, feeding them for EXP won't raise the NP).

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    FGO is unlike 95% of other gacha games. Low stars are actually useful here. The only other game where I feel that's the case is Azur Lane.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

There's a handful of 2s and 1s. Should I just enhance them into the others?
    I do have Mozart and Cursed Arm (from friend points). They are 1* and 2* though, so I wasn't sure if they were any good.
    We just had this conversation a little bit up thread - out of all the servants in the game, you can count on one hand the servants that are actually bad. It's a good idea to build a strong back bench because while they don't kick ass as hard as the golds, they are still quite strong and useful.

• Options
    Ah, one thing to mention.

Mash is actually one of the best servants in the game. Partly because she has zero cost, partly because she has really good support skills.

But her upgrades are basically all story events, so you mainly just worry about giving her XP (and eventually maybe upgrading her skills).

• Options
    Congrats! First Hassan is a tremendous pull.

Level him up and you'll be able to use him to cut through most anything.

As for your 3*, David and Ushi are your best bets. The others are fine, but not terrific.

As for dupes, use them to level Noble Phantasms. (Do this through the NP enhancement menu, feeding them for EXP won't raise the NP).

I guess I need to farm the xp dungeon things, the ember ones?

I've been doing the low levels ones that last couple of days, for the prisms. As I read online that you need those prisms to get summon tickets. But I also need the ember things, to get my levels up.

Good to know on what to do with the dupes. I've been using Martha's NP a lot, since it's multi-target. The spinning dragon is a little silly though.
    Some of the NPs are awesome though. The animation is super cool.

Since I have a couple more characters, I guess I should start paying attention to the rock/paper/scissors stuff too. The lvl90 Friend Servants I bring in aren't as useful if they are resisted.

• Options
    Yeah, mana prisms are used to buy the free tickets each month, plus some other upgrade items. Outside of events the daily bonuses are where you get them.

If you borrow a level 90 with type advantage it should be able to handle the 40 AP embers node on its own basically.

• Options
    Martha's NP is definitely silly.

It has nothing on her summer version's NP, though.

https://youtu.be/f60DPvPwBts

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Welcome to the game!

Here's a brief primer on some of the systems that I found confusing when I first started playing.

Content is roughly divided into three categories: Singularities, Chaldea Gate, and Events.

Singularities are the story content of the game. They develop the central plot and characters (including you), and provide you with numerous rewards such as Saint Quartz, QP, enhancement mats, and so on. When you clear a node in a Singularity, you unlock one or more Free Quests. Free Quests will reward you with a single Saint Quartz upon completion, and also serve as infinitely repeatable sources of other enhancement materials. Completing a Singularity not only unlocks the next one, but provides you with a free copy of a Servant central to that Singularity's plot, and at a certain point begins providing Mash with enhancements as well.

Chaldea Gate is often referred to as dailies. Within it you'll find Daily Quests, Interludes, and Rank Up Quests.
    • Daily Quests come in three flavors and rotate out each day. Ember Gathering provides Ember cards of various rarities (the more rare, the more xp) which are used to level up your Servants. Training Grounds reward gems of various rarities for various classes, used to increase skills. Treasure Vault rewards QP. For the first two types of dailies, each day a different set of quests are available which pays out items for various classes. On Sundays it's random and will reward random class embers/items. The first time you clear any Daily Quest, you get some bonus Mana Prisms.
    • Interludes unlock at specific Bond levels and Ascension levels for various Servants, and also require you to have completed the map node that the Interlude takes place on. (You're basically visiting an old battlefield with your Servant.) Interludes can only be completed once, and in addition to more flavor text for Servants, it will reward you with Saint Quartz, and on occasion will also enhance the Servant's Noble Phantasm in some way, usually increasing damage output. Not all Servants get Interludes, and not all Interludes enhance an NP.
    • Rank Up Quests are somewhat similar to Interludes, but instead modify a Servant's skills. Sometimes they are enhanced, and other times they are changed completely. Some more common Servants even get brand new skills added. (Common Servants often have two skills, rarer Servants like 5* always have three.)

Events are special events that last for generally around ten days. There are usually one or two every month. Events are well worth doing as they offer all sorts of rewards including enhancement materials, Saint Quartz, and often a free 4* Servant, often referred to as Welfare Servants. Despite the name, welfares are often surprisingly useful, in part because if you fully clear an event, you get their Noble Phantasm fully leveled up. (Generally not easy to do with 4* Servants.) They may also be useful due to their skill set.

Making your Servants stronger.
    In the Enhancement menu, you'll find a number of options.
    • Servant allows you to level up a selected Servant, up to their current level cap. You can burn Embers, or extra copies of Servants to do this. Using Embers or Servants of the same class as the Servant you're leveling up gives an xp bonus. Additionally, in this menu you can select Fou cards to increase a Servant's Attack and HP values. Sun Fou cards increase Attack. Star Fou cards increase HP. This also costs QP. Rarely, a bonus to the xp received will happen with a Great Success, or Super Success.
    • Skill allows you to increase a Servant's skills. Every Servant has up to three skills, each skill starts at level one and maxes at ten, and the specific materials to enhance the skill vary from Servant to Servant. At low levels, skills require Gems of the Servant's class, then require Secret Gems, then Magic Gems, then any of a number of other mats acquired through general play, events, and farming. To max level a skill, a more rare item, Crystallized Lore, is needed In addition to increasing the strength of a skill, the cooldown of a skill is decreased by one turn at level 6, and an additional turn at level 10. This also uses QP.
    • Craft Essence allows you to level up your Craft Essences by burning extra copies of unwanted CEs, in a method similar to the Servant enhancement above. Burning an extra copy of the same CE will increase the level cap of your source CE, allowing extra attack or HP (or more rarely, both). A Max Limit Broken CE (MLB CE) will also modify the equipped effect of that CE. For example, The Imaginary Element's equipped effect is "Starts battle with 60% NP gauge." An MLB copy of The Imaginary Element is: "Starts battle with 75% NP gauge." For a new player, CEs can generally be ignored for now. QP is used here too.
    • Ascension (Servant Evolution) allows a Servant who has reached their current level cap to Ascend to a higher one by sacrificing items and QP. Generally, this always includes statues (and later emblems) appropriate to the Servant's class, with more Servants of higher rarity, and higher Ascensions, requiring additional items. Ascending a Servant increases their level cap, often changes their appearance ("Saint Graph" in Fate's borderline-nonsense nomenclature), and unlocks additional skills. Every Servant can be Ascended a total of four times. Ascension always increases the level cap by ten levels. The level cap is higher for more rare Servants--5* cap out at level 90, 4* at 80, and so on--but the total number of Ascensions is unchanged.
    • Noble Phantasm lets you sacrifice additional copies of a Servant to increase their NP level, up to level 5. Increasing an NP is always worth it, as it makes the NP hit harder, and if an NP has additional effects such as debuffing enemies, it also increases the chance of that happening. This of course consumes the extra copy of the Servant, and QP like all the other enhancements.
    • Palingenesis allows you to increase the maximum level of a Servant after they've been fully Ascended and leveled. This consumes a Holy Grail and a very large amount of QP. For 4* Servants and below, doing this increases the cap by five levels, up to level 90. For 5* Servants, who naturally cap out at level 90, performing Palingenesis increases the cap by two levels. The maximum possible level for any Servant is 100. This process allows you to increase a Servant's overall Attack and HP values past their normal restrictions. Because Holy Grails are extraordinarily uncommon, it is highly advised to be very economical with your Grails. Most people reserve them for their absolute favorite Servants only, whether that's due to how useful they judge a Servant to be, or if they generally just like the character.

Some things to focus on right now are clearing Singularity F, Fuyuki, due to a great deal of content, events especially, requiring that to participate. Additionally, try out Servants as you get them--the daily free Friend Point summon is a great early source of Servants--to figure out who you like and who works well together. You can then start leveling them up to start forming your core team. As your Master Level increases, your Cost will go up, which will allow you to take more Servants, more rare Servants, and more Servants with CEs equipped, into battle. It's for this reason that early on, more rare Servants are something of a bad pick, since it's often more useful to take a large total number in your party than one or two heavy hitters. On the other hand, via Friend Servants you'll also have access to maxed 5* Servants at any point, and they'll be doing nearly all of the heavy lifting right now.

Consult the OP and find the spreadsheet with our friend codes and request us!

[edit] Make sure you lock your first copy of every Servant and Craft Essence so you avoid accidentally destroying them.

IronKnuckle's Ghost on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I’ve only realized recently how rare AOE arts NPs are outside of the Caster class.

Off the top of my head, there are only 6 in Global (Nero, Saber Shiki, Phantom of the Opera, Fionn, Shuten, and Summer Mordred).

I suppose it’s because Arts Spam could get really out of hand with powerful AOE NPs, but I was a bit surprised at just how few options there were.

• Options
    Welcome to the game!

Here's a brief primer on some of the systems that I found confusing when I first started playing.

That was super helpful and awesome, thanks!

Story-wise I'm a little ways into France, having just defeated Martha.
    After every Story mission I'm going back and doing the repeatable version for the SQ. I mis-spoke earlier, I was around 50 SQ before pulling on that banner. So I'm back at 20 now.

The only Fuyuki one I didn't do looked too high level for me. There's a rec level thing on the missions, and it said something like 20 or 40 or something. I guess I'll go back to that one at some point :) .

I forget my actual level, but my cost is up to 45 o 46.

For the Craft Essences I've been enhancing my 4* CEs with all the 1 and 2* CEs I get from the Friend Summons.

And question, I notice that the Friend Servants all seem to have +Support on them. And I found the menu where you can select one Servant of every type for something. What does that actually do? The menu didn't have any sort of explanation that I could find.

• Options
    Welcome to the game!

And question, I notice that the Friend Servants all seem to have +Support on them. And I found the menu where you can select one Servant of every type for something. What does that actually do? The menu didn't have any sort of explanation that I could find.

It's for Servants that you want others to use as their Supports, which would give you Friend Points.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I’ve only realized recently how rare AOE arts NPs are outside of the Caster class.

Off the top of my head, there are only 6 in Global (Nero, Saber Shiki, Phantom of the Opera, Fionn, Shuten, and Summer Mordred).

I suppose it’s because Arts Spam could get really out of hand with powerful AOE NPs, but I was a bit surprised at just how few options there were.

Also Summer Helena, Summer Jeanne, Summer Nitocris, Kiara, Salieri, Hokusai, and technically Angra. But yeah, they're generally pretty rare.

Also, fun fact: there are no Casters with a Quick NP!

• Options
    I'd recommend you concentrate on just the regular story missions instead of the 'free quests' they unlock after. The repeatable ones. Some of the special events require you to have beaten certain chapters to participate, so you want to try to progress as quickly as possible. You can always go back to clear those for quartz later. Sometimes they even run events that set all the free quests to cost half AP, which is a great time to catch up on them. A lot of the time when a new chapter of the story comes out they set all the earlier story quests at half AP as well, which would be helpful for you right now. I don't think there's more story for another month or two, though...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If we follow roughly the same schedule, the next chapter will be in late February

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Moon Goddess event starts just before PAX South apparently. That's gonna be a bit rough but it's not like I don't sometimes take an hour or two to get off my feet during the day at the con.

• Options
    Today was day 500 so I did a ten draw. Gold assassin pops up.

Stheno.

This game is Bad Civilization

• Options
    19 days since I started playing, my Herc got 6th bond level, as he never left my starting party.

How long should it take to get to 10th level with him? From what I read, he is the only one with a good CE gained after maximizing his bond.

• Options
    Bond 10 takes a very, very long time. Make sure Herc is in every party you run, in the back line if you don't intend to actually use him.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    For Herc, it takes a total of 260,000 Bond points to reach Bond 6. It takes a total of 1,490,000 Bond points to reach Bond 10.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Herc's one of the few offensive characters with a good Bond CE. Cu Alter is another (though his isn't as good). Most support characters have great Bond CEs.

The problem with offensive character Bond CEs is they only have +100Atk/HP on them. So the benefits don't always outweigh the +2000 or more Atk you can get from another CE.

• Options
    Huh, so I should get that sweet sweet CE not earlier than during summer. Oh well, its not like I expected it to be easy anyway.

• Options
    If it makes you feel better, I've been playing for over a year and don't have a single Servant at max bond.

• Options
    If it makes you feel better, I've been playing for over a year and don't have a single Servant at max bond.

I only got Waver to bond 10 during Solomon, myself

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I've been playing since day 1 and only have 6 characters at Bond 10.

Do note that Bond 10 is both a curse and a blessing. While Bond CE Herc is broken, every battle you bring him into is a battle where you could have someone else gain bond and maybe get you some Quartz.

• Options
    Neveron wrote: »

Do note that Bond 10 is both a curse and a blessing. While Bond CE Herc is broken, every battle you bring him into is a battle where you could have someone else gain bond and maybe get you some Quartz.

That's why we will get levels 11 - 15 in a distant future, from what I read?

Im scared to think how long each level will take by then...

• Options
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Neveron wrote: »

That's why we will get levels 11 - 15 in a distant future, from what I read?

Im scared to think how long each level will take by then...

Bond 11 is about the Bond Points of levels 1-8.5/9

• Options
    It also requires the equivalent of "bond grails"