As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »
    I really, really wish Dak was good at throwing the football.

Like, it's a real shame.

Did you see that throw he just made on the move?

He makes those sometimes.

He misses routine easy throws at least 5 times a game

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I really, really wish Dak was good at throwing the football.

Like, it's a real shame.

Did you see that throw he just made on the move?

He makes those sometimes.

He misses routine easy throws at least 5 times a game

Prescott hasn't learned/mastered touch throws.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    what on earth are the rams doing with these 4th down plays. even if you get the offsides you get a foot and still have 4th and goal.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Why didn't the Saints play today? You would think the #1 seeds would play on saturday giving them an extra day of rest for the championship game.

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    Why didn't the Saints play today? You would think the #1 seeds would play on saturday giving them an extra day of rest for the championship game.

One #1 seed plays today, one #1 seed plays tomorrow. That's how it's been since Yale introduced the forward pass.

• Options
    kilnborn wrote: »

One #1 seed plays today, one #1 seed plays tomorrow. That's how it's been since Yale introduced the forward pass.

I guess I've never really thought about it until today. Recovery times and looking ahead are a thing. Seems like playing and winnning on saturday is advantageous compared to Sunday.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

I guess I've never really thought about it until today. Recovery times and looking ahead are a thing. Seems like playing and winnning on saturday is advantageous compared to Sunday.

your opponent gets one less day of rest from the wild card though, which is an advantage for winning in the divisional.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

your opponent gets one less day of rest from the wild card though, which is an advantage for winning in the divisional.

That's another thing that's always bothered me. Divisional. The name comes from before wildcards much like baseball, but sense it's now a meaningless name, couldn't they come up with something cool? Thunder bowl weekend!

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Dont think I've ever rooted for the bolts, but today is that day. Go go Rivers boat!

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Indy and Dallas both went Saturday to Saturday from wild card to divisional.

The teams that played on Saturday will get an extra day before the conference championships, that's it. Not sure why they don't split it AFC/NFC between Saturday and Sunday, but I'm guessing it's TV related.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Honestly Rivers’s schtick has held up over a long career and is now endearing. He’s America’s QB.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Dont think I've ever rooted for the bolts, but today is that day. Go go Rivers boat!

Agreed. Hell, the only reason I was rooting for the Chiefs yesterday, was because if the Chargers "Charger", that'd mean the Pats got another home game.

Yes, my hatred is irrational. Don't care. Sports fandom in general is irrational.

• Options
    I was pulling for KC in hopes we might have new teams in the Superb Owl. Though I admit I'm pulling for the Saints; Brees is the man.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I was pulling for KC in hopes we might have new teams in the Superb Owl. Though I admit I'm pulling for the Saints; Brees is the man.

Its going to be pats eagles this year and pats win outright. Book it awfully done.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    KC has been to the SB

like the first one ever and they won the 4th ever

It’s only been 50 years come on man

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I think he meant like in recent memory, not like ever.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah that’s the joke

Also in researching said bad joke I discovered that KC is the original “Texans”- they started as the Dallas Texans and moved to KC when Lamar Hunt realized that the Cowboys were better for Dallas and the AFL would be better with a new market

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I think he meant like in recent memory, not like ever.

This guy gets it.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Kansas City v New Orleans please

Like nothing against the Rams players or staff but their owner should never know joy again so they can't go

No iggles

No Pat's

No full quivers

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    I guess the Bolts forgot how to play defense.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    The truest day of football fandom, rooting against the patriots!

Fuck the Patriots!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Welp this game is over. Time to find something else to do until the Saints game. Maybe I'll clean the garage.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Chargers line forgot how to block as well. That bodes well.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    I'm so goddamn sick of the Patriots winning.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

If only the rest of the nfl gave a shit about finding good coaching talent

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

They haven’t won yet.

I mean, statistically it’s pretty likely at the moment.

But there’s a reason why they play 60 minutes (or more).

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Fuck you, San Diego.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Is Rivers the only Charger who woke up knowing there was a game today?

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

They haven’t won yet.

I meant in general.

• Options
    Is Rivers the only Charger who woke up knowing there was a game today?

• Options
    Lord, I dislike the Patriots so much. I lived in Boston for four years and they are just insufferable fans.

But, their division is just horseshit. Just give the Patriots a week 19 annual bye week so we don't have to watch this shit.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

They haven’t won yet.

Yeah, but the Patriots have one of the best half-time adjustments coaches ever, and the Chargers are essentially the AFC Bengals in regards to playing relatively consistently just above average, but never being truly good when it matters.

I mean, I expected the Chargers to lose, but I at least expected them to make shit interesting first, before blowing it in the fourth quarter.

• Options
    Chargers just had the ball for 32 seconds to start the fourth quarter before punting.

• Options
    Er, third quarter not that it matters.

• Options
    Suppose I have time to make cookies or something before the next game starts.

• Options
    Whatever the definition of 'football move' includes it clearly isn't 'run five yards with possession of the ball'.

lolrefs

• Options
    Whatever the definition of 'football move' includes it clearly isn't 'run five yards with possession of the ball'.

lolrefs

I think we are at a point where no one actually knows whether or not a play counts.

• Options
    I have a question. I remember when I was a kid in the 80''s they would throw flags for crowd noise at times. I was just thinking about that because the new Orleans crowd got pretty loud there. Now stadiums are designed for crowd noise. Is it still a rule?

• Options
    Ummm wasn't that textbook PI?