Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Is this a double valor week, too? Or just Iron Babar?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »

Per TWAB:
    Iron Banner and Valor Bonus
    Begins: January 15, 2019
    Ends: January 22, 2019

Not sure if it's doing the whole double then triple thing though.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    god novawarp is dogshit and I can't believe it's still not fucking nerfed

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

Per TWAB:

The unfortunate part is that, assuming you got Redrix last season, there is almost zero value to grinding Valor this season. When the biggest reward for you is the masterwork cores at Legend, they should have probably thought about some other chase style weapon for the valor playlist.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »

its going to be nerfed next sandbox patch

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    "Slightly."

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Well I went digging into items and armor perks to get a sense of what I should look for and then I learned that there are three different levels, normal, “slightly increases” and “greatly increases” (the latter of which I had only seen on one of my exotics, so I thought it was exotic only).

Which is a bit annoying because specific pieces of gear are rare enough that if you get what you need and then it has the perk you need, it can be the crappy version of that perk.

There are only really 2 levels. The "slight increase" (ie - the lowest level) only shows up in specific types of perks (energy reloader or the like). You can just ignore those perks for that reason.

The weapon specific ones (like Sniper Rifle loader) and the weapon-type specific ones (like Light Arms Loader) are equivalent. You want one of those.

Just look at the enhanced perks as a little bonus you can sometimes snag. They only roll on raid or Dreaming City gear anyway.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    squall99x wrote: »

Per TWAB:

The unfortunate part is that, assuming you got Redrix last season, there is almost zero value to grinding Valor this season. When the biggest reward for you is the masterwork cores at Legend, they should have probably thought about some other chase style weapon for the valor playlist.

In general there's a real lack of Seasonal rewards in S5.

You know, some people are complaining about the Black Armory content but imo the Black Armory stuff, given what it is, is overall fairly solid. Some bad decisions and a little sparse in a few spots but some good ideas too.

What really feels lacking is new seasonal stuff. New armour sets and weapons and things to chase. We got like 1 pinnacle reward per activity and they have silly requirements and that's it.

Like, they had a perfect system for Vanguard rewards with the Nightfall rank and this season it's just not there.

shryke on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I don't understand why armor ornaments have gone out the window (I mean I do I guess, all cosmetic enhancements across the board are Eververse), earning them was at least something to do. Armor in general this season is weak, neither the raid armor or the Black Armory armor are particularly noteworthy, and the Iron Banner armor is similarly meh. Love or hate the year 1 raid and Iron banner armor, it at least had a very distinctive look to it that's missing now. The raid and Iron Banner armor in Foresaken and BA has been middle of the road boring technogarbage.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Easy transmogrification would be allowing you to fit any armor look into the ornament slot on a piece of gear

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Easy transmogrification would be allowing you to fit any armor look into the ornament slot on a piece of gear

Monkey's Paw: Transmog styles are consumables

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    "Slightly."

Fewer pops, less damage and lower speed should make a noticable difference. No word on whether it'll still go through walls or not, though.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

That's fine though because you can earn Transmog styles by combining 10 Transmog Bolts, which can be earned by completing Transmog Bolt quests, which have a random chance to drop every time you delete a stack of 10 shaders at the Cryptarch.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

That's fine though because you can earn Transmog styles by combining 10 Transmog Bolts, which can be earned by completing Transmog Bolt quests, which have a random chance to drop every time you delete a stack of 10 shaders at the Cryptarch.

You forgot that it's all only during Cryptarch Engram Rally which is every 6 weeks

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Anyone on the XB1 wanna get together for some Gambit?

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Suraya, upon choosing a Clan Bounty: “Ahh-oooh, nice ... choice.”

Bitch, you’re the one offering this shit! Don’t fucking judge me based on your offerings.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

Bitch, you’re the one offering this shit! Don’t fucking judge me based on your offerings.

For all of D2 it's been weird to me that the bounty-giving vendor messages all seem themed around the assumption that they're in response to you buying an item from them when 99.alotofthenine% of the time you're getting a bounty. I can understand Devrim responding as though you're buying a blue sniper rifle all the time because he didn't always have bounties but Hawthrone makes no sense.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options

For all of D2 it's been weird to me that the bounty-giving vendor messages all seem themed around the assumption that they're in response to you buying an item from them when 99.alotofthenine% of the time you're getting a bounty. I can understand Devrim responding as though you're buying a blue sniper rifle all the time because he didn't always have bounties but Hawthrone makes no sense.

Hawthorne started off just selling green weapons, right?

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options

Hawthorne started off just selling green weapons, right?

Still sells them. Kinda surprised she doesn't offer some clan-friendly gear by the time you're at the endgame.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Clan gear would have been baller

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    One eyed mask just dropped after a random iron banner match. It's me, I'm part of the problem now.

Peen on
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ronzo wrote: »

felt like their big week long pvp event would have been a good time to release the balance changes :P

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »

felt like their big week long pvp event would have been a good time to release the balance changes :P

They do it once a month, it's the opposite of a "big" event.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Clan gear would have been baller

What, how could that be better than the clan … pole you get each season. A fancy new pole for your flag that... you never see?

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    One eyed mask just dropped after a random iron banner match. It's me, I'm part of the problem now.

Titan Exotics are a false flag operation, just like round earth and the moon landing. You are clearly one of the lizard people

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

I was sucking it up in the Banner last night when you got matchmade into my team, and we won the match while I had a negative KD. I think you avenged me at some point.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

I got one recently too!

I haven't used it in PvP yet, but it felt pretty OP when I was attacked by a thrall.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I got D2 for my brother for Christmas, and playing with a complete beginner has been interesting. I've been playing so long, sometimes I forget how weird and wonky this game can be. Like last night, we had the whole discussion about how Power Level isn't the same as damage, not directly anyways, and that damage is actually called 'Impact' because of reasons, oh but also it's not exactly accurate to compare the Impact of, say, a Sidearm to an Auto Rifle because they behave very differently, oh and also also there's an inverse relationship between Impact and RoF so you really have to look at both...look don't overthink it, just use what feels good and/or has the highest power level, ok?

Yeah, it's a lot of stuff to take in when you're just starting.

Doing the early missions is a lot of fun, though, because it's a lot of him just looking around at the incredible environments like "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT GIANT WORM THING" and "WHOA THERE ARE BIRDS ON THIS PLANET!" or even just him staring at a weirdo Vex construct for five minutes.

awsimo on
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

I was sucking it up in the Banner last night when you got matchmade into my team, and we won the match while I had a negative KD. I think you avenged me at some point.

I didn't have a good game either but luckily the two guys at the top carried us along!

I've never had a straight post match drop, it was very exciting. OEM feels like a comp and rumble exotic, quickplay is chaotic enough that I'm not sure I'm feeling the benefits. Also I had four straight matches on Vostok and Radiant Cliffs after I got it so I didn't really get to knife fight with it and I think that's where I'll see the benefits.

• Options
    I got D2 for my brother for Christmas, and playing with a complete beginner has been interesting. I've been playing so long, sometimes I forget how weird and wonky this game can be. Like last night, we had the whole discussion about how Power Level isn't the same as damage, not directly anyways, and that damage is actually called 'Impact' because of reasons, oh but also it's not exactly accurate to compare the Impact of, say, a Sidearm to an Auto Rifle because they behave very differently, oh and also also there's an inverse relationship between Impact and RoF so you really have to look at both...look don't overthink it, just use what feels good and/or has the highest power level, ok?

Doing the early missions is a lot of fun, though, because it's a lot of him just looking around at the incredible environments like "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT GIANT WORM THING" and "WHOA THERE ARE BIRDS ON THIS PLANET!" or even just him looking at a weirdo Vex construct for five minutes.

You oughta show him the opening cinematic for the Taken King if just to see if he wants to give D1 a try. If he asks if he can get on Oryx's ship afterwards, you know you got a chance.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular

I didn't have a good game either but luckily the two guys at the top carried us along!

I've never had a straight post match drop, it was very exciting. OEM feels like a comp and rumble exotic, quickplay is chaotic enough that I'm not sure I'm feeling the benefits. Also I had four straight matches on Vostok and Radiant Cliffs after I got it so I didn't really get to knife fight with it and I think that's where I'll see the benefits.

OEM is definitely great for Comp and Rumble (probably the best choice), but I think yeah, for QP you can make other exotics do work as well (I still run Doomfangs a lot for QP)).

TrueVanguard has been using OEM a lot with Fusions and it seems to do a lot of work to help you prefire. I tended to us it similarly with Cerberus to pluck shotgun rushers out of their charge. Bows also do similarly well with spiked damage by knowing when your opponent will peek.

I think OEM needs tuning, but I'd also rather have them tune up some other Exotics to try and give more reason to pick not OEM.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I’ve been back to running a hunter with workhusk. It’s still good, even if it’s not broken.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

Doing the early missions is a lot of fun, though, because it's a lot of him just looking around at the incredible environments like "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT GIANT WORM THING" and "WHOA THERE ARE BIRDS ON THIS PLANET!" or even just him staring at a weirdo Vex construct for five minutes.

What did he say about the rabbit that runs across the road between Trostland and Outskirts? I MUST KNOW.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Complete second powerful frame in a week
    Get a second Monarch to go with my first
    Have a sad :(

Epilogue:
    Brother texts me about how fun Jotun is in Gambit
    Have another sad :(

• Options
    Xagar wrote: »

Epilogue:

To verify: You're forging your frames in Bergusia, correct?

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I still believe that the current thread title is the best one we've had since I started playing.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »

Epilogue:

To verify: You're forging your frames in Bergusia, correct?

I figured the forge the achievement referred to would suffice but I guess not?

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Is there any version of the D1 starter ship available in D2? I really like the design but I haven't found one yet in D2.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

The vanilla campaign is all half baked gameplay but there’s some hot shit visual design. The journey to the center of the arcology is straight up jaw dropping

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I'd always hoped the Arcology would get heavily fleshed out for the Savathun DLC.