Options

Dinos and Druids, A Tasty Romp through Table Top Games

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    so far in today's C Team game Amy has rolled (in a row) a 20, a 20 and a 19.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Stilts wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I think I was supposed to get something done, like....a week ago

Results are in for the final round of the 2019 SE++ Tabletop Claw & Maw Class Clash!

Vote Tallies:
    Paladin - 26
    Rogue - 21
    Warlord - 21
    Sorcerer - 21
    Cleric - 11
    Artificer - 10

With 26 votes, Paladin is officially the best D&D class!

But what about our runners-up? You goddamn nerds made it a three-way tie between Rogue, Warlord, and Sorcerer, which means it comes down to the tie-breaker question: who fucks the best?

Artificer only got 1 vote, which I feel like is almost worse than getting 0 votes.
    Sorcerer received 8 votes, because I guess magic doesn't matter much if you don't also have variety.
    Paladin got 9 votes and is the middle of the pack. Sure, they can give you a holy touch, but they prefer missionary style with the lights on so their god can watch.
    Warlord got 11 votes, 'cuz y'all are all bottoms looking for a skilled top.
    And Rogue...also got 11 votes.

Y'all are killing me.

So in the power vested in me arbitrarily, here are the official rankings

1st Place: Paladin
    2nd Place: Warlord and Rogue
    3rd Place: Sorcerer

I can live happy with these results.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Okay but aren't y'all playing a d% game now?

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

we're playing 5e

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I think I was supposed to get something done, like....a week ago

Results are in for the final round of the 2019 SE++ Tabletop Claw & Maw Class Clash!

Vote Tallies:
    Paladin - 26
    Rogue - 21
    Warlord - 21
    Sorcerer - 21
    Cleric - 11
    Artificer - 10

With 26 votes, Paladin is officially the best D&D class!

But what about our runners-up? You goddamn nerds made it a three-way tie between Rogue, Warlord, and Sorcerer, which means it comes down to the tie-breaker question: who fucks the best?

Artificer only got 1 vote, which I feel like is almost worse than getting 0 votes.
    Sorcerer received 8 votes, because I guess magic doesn't matter much if you don't also have variety.
    Paladin got 9 votes and is the middle of the pack. Sure, they can give you a holy touch, but they prefer missionary style with the lights on so their god can watch.
    Warlord got 11 votes, 'cuz y'all are all bottoms looking for a skilled top.
    And Rogue...also got 11 votes.

Y'all are killing me.

So in the power vested in me arbitrarily, here are the official rankings

1st Place: Paladin
    2nd Place: Warlord and Rogue
    3rd Place: Sorcerer

THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED BURN IT ALL DOWN
    well actually bards didn't place and I like the threesome of runner-ups so I guess I can live with it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Doobh wrote: »
    Butler wrote: »
    Possible spoilers for STK:
    I'm the lizard barbarian on the stairs, Irhtos Goldfellow.

Irhtos at the start of the fight: "You make a pretty storm, dragon. But all the storms of the world cannot match MY fury!"

Irhtos after taking a few blows to the head: "Augh! Bite me? I'll bite you!" *Bites dragon*

I'm mad I didn't realize I wanted to play a lizardfolk barbarian sooner, like before I played that ranger

Yeah they're kind of tailor-made for barbing, but you could probably roll a pretty decent lizardfolk rogue, too. Pump some points into DEX and with the natural armour trait you've got 17, 18 AC buck nekkid in broad daylight.

Butler on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Doobh wrote: »
    Possible spoilers for STK:
    I'm the lizard barbarian on the stairs, Irhtos Goldfellow.

Irhtos at the start of the fight: "You make a pretty storm, dragon. But all the storms of the world cannot match MY fury!"

Irhtos after taking a few blows to the head: "Augh! Bite me? I'll bite you!" *Bites dragon*

I'm mad I didn't realize I wanted to play a lizardfolk barbarian sooner, like before I played that ranger

Yeah they're kind of tailor-made for barbing, but you could probably roll a pretty decent lizardfolk rogue, too. Pump some points into DEX and with the natural armour trait you've got 17, 18 AC buck nekkid in broad daylight.

I went with a archery ranger so I'm very familiar with the DEX rush

it's also the big reason I'm gonna house rule "point buy 25, and +1 to a stat you're not already getting a racial bonus to"

catching up key stats kinda sucks!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    how many of you went straight to the white wolf wiki to see the floppy titted spider lady

I thought you were being facetious but after this post I went and checked! Those titties are not floppy, Tube. You have committed the cardinal sin of lying.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    how many of you went straight to the white wolf wiki to see the floppy titted spider lady

I thought you were being facetious but after this post I went and checked! Those titties are not floppy, Tube. You have committed the cardinal sin of lying.

You sound disappointed

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Update on my wife doing DMing for the first time

She and I are going to run though a little one on one thing tonight, just to get a feel for it, and she just sent me a text that reads:

"My dude I just wrote a poem riddle"

I think she's going to be juuuuust fine

• Options
    a little one on one roleplaying with the wife, eh? nice :winky:

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    a little one on one roleplaying with the wife, eh? nice :winky:

The one time where I don't want to be first in initiative

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    As with any group, my online 5E D&D group has an occasional open slot because the DM gets sick. This has resulted in simply cancelling that session, but there's interest in running one-shots. None of us have DM'ed before. Of the group, I'm the one with the most time and probably the most will, so I figure it's time to start learning some DM skills and prepping a one-shot. Are there specific one-shots out there that people would recommend?

The one-shot would need to accommodate 5-6 players. Character level should probably be 4-6 to make things easier on myself and the players. We all have the D&D mechanics essentially down, but there are still some fine points being learned (last session, one player learned they can cast spells using higher, not just equal, level spell slots). The venue is roll20 and I need to do my homework concerning the available DM tools. I think the group would be pretty flexible on both theme and balance between RP/combat.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Tips for a one shot:

Aim for 5 encounters total, 2 skill 3 combats (1 easy, 1 medium, 1 hard). If the failure state for your skill based encounter can be combat make them easy. Make sure to write the session like a bottle episode for a genre TV show. You're writing filler not plot. Make the threat new and easily resolved within the session, with few if any implications towards a grander campaign.

I find that if I stick to these general guidelines I can rail out a 1 shot session no problem.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    My tip for a one shot would be to play a different game. Play a Fiasco or something.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    My experience with one-shots is that you will have time for maybe a third of what you think you will have time for

So don't plan too much if you want to actually wrap up the story

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

we're playing 5e

Oh yes, I'm just used to you regaling us about Vampire.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod

you and I have very different definitions of floppy

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    The bottom image guys, the human form. Of course the Lilian form isn't floppy, it has a chitinous exoskeleton! Also floppy is not a pejorative in this sense, I have nothing but respect for the floppy titted spider lady and will not be taking further questions on the subject of the floppy titted spider lady.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Tube those are very perky breasts.

• Options
    I am uncomfortable with how long this discussion has gone on for

• Options
    let's talk about presidential fuckstyles instead right

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    My experience with one-shots is that you will have time for maybe a third of what you think you will have time for

So don't plan too much if you want to actually wrap up the story

Yeah as an amendment to the 5 encounters thing the other thing to remember is that you're looking for brevity.

Get ready to cut stuff if one of the encounters run long. Figure out your beginning and end game, and try to make the middle somewhat variable. Make it so that jumping from any of your encounters straight to the end won't be totally terrible.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Straightzi wrote: »
    My tip for a one shot would be to play a different game. Play a Fiasco or something.

A one-shot is a great opportunity to do something different for a change and maybe have an experience that's memorable instead of perfunctory.

Off the top of my head, along with Fiasco, you could also try

Paranoia
    One Last Job
    Lasers and Feelings
    Dread
    Cartoon Action Hour

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Play with Paranoia mechanics but re-theme it to be about D&D adventurers who really do have the backing and full support of their god.

A petty, incompetent one.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    The bottom image guys, the human form. Of course the Lilian form isn't floppy, it has a chitinous exoskeleton! Also floppy is not a pejorative in this sense, I have nothing but respect for the floppy titted spider lady and will not be taking further questions on the subject of the floppy titted spider lady.

floppy implies droop and sag, like a bloodhound's ears

these are firm and supple, just hanging in a downward fashion, as a breast would tend to do when the torso is in such a position

if anything they are flopped, but hardly floppy

I could maybe accept pendulous or weighty, but floppy is right out.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Are they rude though?

• Options
    the only thing that is rude is tube, with his implicit judgement in referring to this nice spider lady's supple form as floppy

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    but no, yeah, these titties rude as heck

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    I think people saying that I'm body shaming the floppy titted spider lady are projecting tbh

• Options
    oh so now you're shaming me for my floppy bits

I see how it is

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    They are shameful imo

• Options
    oh, yeah, no, for sure, my body is a nightmare of hanging skin, neglect and abuse

but that don't mean it's okay to use the same words for a nice spider lady's hot rockin jugs than you would for my doughmess

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Quick everyone start posting about something else real fast all at once so we can discuss literally anything but spider tiddies

• Options
    Should male Ananasi manifest a dong as part of his man-spider form y/n

• Options
    Quick everyone start posting about something else real fast all at once so we can discuss literally anything but spider tiddies

Prude

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular

Does the anadongsi have fangs and/or spinnerets, this is important

• Options

Oh absolutely

• Options
    Denada wrote: »

Does the anadongsi have fangs and/or spinnerets, this is important

Both genders of Ananasi have fangs and spinnerets but the females are much larger and more intimidating. Also, an Ananasi can change the type of spider they turn into by eating an enormous volume of spiders of that type. So that's nice.

• Options
    The rules as written would allow an Ananasi to turn into a horde of spiders, crawl up to someone and then have some of those spiders turn into a penis that is being carried aloft by the other spiders.

I am so, so mad that I don't play in an Ananasi game.