Options

[WoW] UI screenies, mods and macro discussion

• Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Search this thread for "grid video" or something like that, someone posted a good link.

Medopine on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Okay what the fuck? It's so hard to configure that it requires a video?

Sorry that's lame as hell.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    For mouseover attacks:
    /cast [harm,target=mouseover] [] Viper Sting

Thanks, got anything for pet attacking?

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    It's not hard per se, it's just very powerful and there a ton of ways to customize. It takes time to figure them all out if you don't know what you're doing at first.

Medopine on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Kind of like Pitbull and Infinitybar

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    ED! wrote: »
    I didn't think of that. Honestly I'm just an idiot with UI's and basically just hope something works when I install it.

Thanks man - got it. Only think broke is Elk's buff bar - doesnt show time anymore, and I dont like the way the new version looks. :/

I actually just upgraded to the new version myself, you can make it look like the old one pretty easily. Simply change the settings on group 1 on it, toggle the ugly anchor off and then change the font size for text topright and topleft to something smaller.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is there a way to make Grid track lifeblooms? Got it mostly set up the way I want, but there doesn't seem to be an option that lets me track them like I can track rejuvs and regrowths.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I want to set up a kickass UI, but the problem is that during the week when I raid, I raid at a netcafe, so the best I can do is jump on quickly before the raid, install a threatmeter, get the DEFAULT interface looking the way I likes it (party interface OFF during raids, all the raid groups dragged out to replace it, actionbars locked, set up my mouse-wheel hotkeys), and install Ventrilo.

On the weekends I can play at home, with all my addons, but the problem is that I don't want to have to adjust to a default UI during the week and a kickass UI at home.

It also makes it easier for me on patch day. everyoen else is sitting in Shattrath fixing their UIs, I'm IN YOR ELEMENTAL PLATEUZ, GRINDING UR PRIMALZ

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Could you save your UI onto a flash drive? And transfer the files over when you do play at the net cafe?

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Is there a way to make Grid track lifeblooms? Got it mostly set up the way I want, but there doesn't seem to be an option that lets me track them like I can track rejuvs and regrowths.

there should be an option for spells that show up on certain boxes

I'll check on mine when I get on tomorrow

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    There isn't an option to have it track lifeblooms in the default.

There is, however, a module that does it (GridStatusLifebloom or something like that.) Which I have. So it's all better.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    There isn't an option to have it track lifeblooms in the default.

There is, however, a module that does it (GridStatusLifebloom or something like that.) Which I have. So it's all better.

I was gonna say, if there's no automatic way, there should be a way to manually set it to track something. That's how I got mine to track Earth Shield.

Edit: Yeah, you can manually create your own status-trackings in the basic Grid UI.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    Once upon a time I had a mod that added a list of stuff you could craft with it to the tooltip. Anyone remember the name of it?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    Once upon a time I had a mod that added a list of stuff you could craft with it to the tooltip. Anyone remember the name of it?
    Mendeleev, I believe.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    Aaah, that's just the one I used. Thanks.

Echo on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Edit: Fixed it.

Arrath on
  • Options
    suttbeckssuttbecks Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    my current UI:
    WoWScrnShot_123007_123144.jpg
    I'm holding off on adding anything else before I get to the arena/raiding stage of the game

suttbecks on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Any other OneBag users having problems with your inventory grayed out and unselectable when you log in?

Like this:
    grayedbagsjz2.png

It's tough to tell, but all the inventory slots are a darker gray than normal and I can't select or move anything.

And it's only for certain characters and it eventually goes away given enough time. I can log into alts and their bags are fine, and then switch back to the character having a problem and his bags are still fucked. But fifteen minutes later I could reload my UI and it goes away. Or I could reload my UI over and over again and it stays fucked. It only seems to happen to characters with large bags and a lot in them, I don't think I've ever had this problem on a character with small bags that are mostly empty.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Give Bagnon a shot, it's more or less the same thing as what you have now, and it's been reliable for ages.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is there a add-on that gives you warning when a certain buff runs out? or if you are losing aggro?

<3 on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    (=3 wrote: »
    Is there a add-on that gives you warning when a certain buff runs out? or if you are losing aggro?

Hm, Omen measures threat per second, there may be a feature in it which tells you if your threat per second falls below your DPS.

I'm not sure what you mean by "losing aggro". Do you mean...that warns if you've LOST aggro?

Because if you just mean "losing aggro", what circumstances could construe losing aggro?

If your threat per second falls below the DPS' threat per second that could be you about to lose aggro, or it could just mean that you're about to cast another Consecrate...I think an addon based on your threat per second being lower would give you way too many warnings.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    You can set omen's bars to display the TPS each player is generating, which makes it easy enough to see who's on pace to overtake the tank.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    You can set omen's bars to display the TPS each player is generating, which makes it easy enough to see who's on pace to overtake the tank.

Omen's bars do this automatically I believe...set to default.

Unless I configured it when I first installed it and forgot about it.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I just started playing my hunter again, who is level 49. I'm looking for a couple nice newb macros - something to fire all my cooldowns at once so I don't have to bother tracking down when they're ready again... uber micro is not something I have. this is what I'm working with right now:

/petattack
    /cast Attack
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /stopcasting
    /cast Blood Fury
    /stopcasting
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /stopcasting
    /cast Intimidation
    /stopcasting
    /startattack

it seems to cast the first 3 cooldowns on press 1 and then intimidation by itself on press 2. I'm guessing it has something to do with the global cooldown but who knows. just wondering if there's a way to streamline it (are all the /stopcastings necessary?), and if I will run into trouble when I get trinkets to add in there as well =p

also, I'd love an all in one melee macro... I've tried this:

/cast Raptor Strike
    /cast Mongoose Bite
    /cast Wing Clip

but wing clip never goes off for some reason. and if I put Wing Clip first I'm pretty sure mongoose bite will never go off, but at least that makes sense to me, because clip has no cooldown and they're both on the GCD (right?) so it would make sense for mongoose bite to never go off in that case.

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    rvrv Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I didn't actually read through them all, but a good place to start would be http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros_for_hunters

Even if they don't have exactly what you're looking for you can find something close and mod it, most likely.

I assume what's messing your first macro up is Rapid Fire and Intimidation both have a global cooldown which will prevent the stopcasting thing from working, but I'm not sure.

rv on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is there an SCT pet plugin? I want my pets damage to be shown in a different frame to my damage, but apparently I'm not allowed :(

exis on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    exis wrote: »
    Is there an SCT pet plugin? I want my pets damage to be shown in a different frame to my damage, but apparently I'm not allowed :(

I don't think SCT has a plugin for it, but I remember being able to do this with MSBT.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Before this thread gets locked, I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand finding some interface mods...

Right now on my shaman I use totemus, and I LOVE it....

the only problem Is that I HATE Necrosis on my lock, cryolysis on my mage, and sabella for rogues.

So What I want is something with movable, circular buttons/ bars because I really got used to the look of totemus and like I said, I LOVE it.

Also, I am clinically retarded when it comes to working bar mods, so something really easy would be appreciated.

I also love the circular health bars everyone has around their character....is there one that doesnt overwrite the default HUD??

Anyway thanks for the help in advance, and feel free to PM me your responses!

Arch on
  • Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    2176592469_ac1f7b3867.jpg
    I am having hard time updating my UI, I keep getting this empty row of empty cells which I cannot close through bartender.Does anyone know how to get rid of it without messing up another row?

Thank you

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Check to see if the blizz actionbars are turned on in the Interface menu. "Lower Right Action Bar" etc

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    okay new question-

How do I get cyCircled to work with bartender?

Arch on
  • Options
    NezzarNezzar Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Should be working out of the box. Have you accidentally turned off the bartender-plugin in the game?

Nezzar on
  • Options
    KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    hay doggies. i was wondering if anyone knew of an addon that would display all my cooldowns in a list? i'm a druiddd, so i wanna keep track of barkskin CD, NS, swiftmend, that sort of thing. right now i have omniCC which is pretty nice, but i want to be able to look to one place to see ALL my cooldowns.

thanks in advance friends.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    AtlasLoot Enhanced won't work for me anymore, presumably unless I go back to an old version. :(

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    My current set up consists of (can't take a screenie for obvious reasons):

- Lightheaded + TomTom

- Bongos 2

- Atlas Loot

- Auctioneer

- Nature Enemy Castbar

There might be a few small add-ons mixed in there, but those are the big ones. I <3 my setup.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Shabutie wrote: »
    hay doggies. i was wondering if anyone knew of an addon that would display all my cooldowns in a list? i'm a druiddd, so i wanna keep track of barkskin CD, NS, swiftmend, that sort of thing. right now i have omniCC which is pretty nice, but i want to be able to look to one place to see ALL my cooldowns.

thanks in advance friends.

I'm not sure what a standalone one is called... There's a cooldown timer built into Dotimer that will show a list of bars ticking down, pretty customizable, and if you don't care about seeing your DoTs and CC you could always hide that pane.

You may also be interested in SCT Cooldowns if you use SCT. It will flash a text warning in the SCT frame when your cooldown for something is up.

P.S. Lightheaded is fucking HAX, oh my god. I started using it on my hunter because I don't know shit about Alliance quests and I'm amazed. The integration with Cartographer plus the fact that I'm playing a hunter is like "hmm it's been ten minutes, ding!"

riz on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Arch wrote: »
    Before this thread gets locked, I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand finding some interface mods...

Right now on my shaman I use totemus, and I LOVE it....

the only problem Is that I HATE Necrosis on my lock, cryolysis on my mage, and sabella for rogues.

So What I want is something with movable, circular buttons/ bars because I really got used to the look of totemus and like I said, I LOVE it.

Also, I am clinically retarded when it comes to working bar mods, so something really easy would be appreciated.

I also love the circular health bars everyone has around their character....is there one that doesnt overwrite the default HUD??

Anyway thanks for the help in advance, and feel free to PM me your responses!

as far as a warlock replacement goes, you could check out Forte Warlock - it seems to be all the rage lately. http://www.fortegaming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=31
    I actually preferred Necrosis but it hasn't been updated in a year -_- Forte doesn't seem to look exactly the way you want it to, but it does have a lot of convenient features.
    you could also try LyLock, which I haven't tried, but it looks good and popular too: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/5048/

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Nezzar wrote: »
    Should be working out of the box. Have you accidentally turned off the bartender-plugin in the game?

This is gonna sound dumb, but do I just install cyCircled like normal, or do I have to put the folder in someplace other than the general interface folder?

Arch on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    exis wrote: »

I don't think SCT has a plugin for it, but I remember being able to do this with MSBT.

Pretty much perfect, <3

exis on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I kind of want to redo all my keybindings but I'm scared. Does anyone here use ESDF instead of WASD?

Medopine on
This discussion has been closed.