As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [GIF] Thread is home to all, but will always be (NSF56K)

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    "hey! you! otters! we got this baby? and we don't want it? do you want this baby?"

"*otter agreement noises*"

"Okay well I'm just gonna... *chuck*"

i'd bet the throw actually has something to do with clearing the boat, yeah? cuz otherwise that just seems like a thing one shouldn't do to a tiny little baby otter!

i'm not a marine biologist though.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I honestly couldn't tell if that was a real baby otter or just a stuffed animal and they were having a fuckin giggle at the otter.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    my step-dad related a story to me wherein some guys that were DEFINITELY NOT him and his buddies got super stoned at a concert in Germany and then had a baggage cart race at a mostly-abandoned German train station at like 1 am while he was stationed there

if a bunch of cross-faded 20-something army mechanics can have chariot races with em, they're probably built pretty solid

I would absolutely 100% buy German manufactured carts would be able to do that. American-manufactured carts probably get a wobbly wheel with a busted ring washer out of the factory.

What makes you think they're made in America?

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    "hey! you! otters! we got this baby? and we don't want it? do you want this baby?"

"*otter agreement noises*"

"Okay well I'm just gonna... *chuck*"

i'd bet the throw actually has something to do with clearing the boat, yeah? cuz otherwise that just seems like a thing one shouldn't do to a tiny little baby otter!

i'm not a marine biologist though.

i assume they got it as far away as they could in case the parent was unwilling to get too close. and i would imagine even young marine mammals don't have much problem falling into the water from a couple feet up. hell, i've had young cousins that have yelled at me to throw them as high and far as possible into a lake.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Sea otters are very cool

Use tools

have densest fur in animal kingdom

care diligently for their young

hang out in social groups

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Seal was warned for this.
    Content warning: vehicular roboslaughter

https://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/desktopnews/safe-passage-new-ratings-address-pedestrian-crashes

Rankenphile on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    hey rad I wanted to jump all the way out of my fucking chair at work, thanks for the heads up

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Wow, not cool. I was raised by crash test dummies.

Also that's not fair to the BMW system. It's capable of breaking in time, but it's so advanced it knows a BMW always has right of way.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Damn, that robokid got all the way fucked up!

In other news, cosplayers in character:

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Fleeb wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    *OSHA intensifies*

My first ever job was setting up a new department store (a Canadian chain that eventually got bought by Target) and during the store setup we would frequently have pallet jack races when the supervisors weren't looking

that isn't the worst OHS violation I saw though, by a longshot

no, that would be when some dumbass thought it would be cute to throw a shopping card into the trash compactor, and when it got stuck, decided to climb into the shaft to dislodge/retrieve it. The one saving grace is that it had only been compacting packaging materials that couldn't otherwise be recycled, so it wasn't slick with food waste and broken glass and whatnot yet.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »

That this doesn't have sound is criminal.

You mean you can't hear it?

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

if he wants to be taken seriously as an internet artist who gets reposted without credit he needs to swap that dude out for a waifu in her underwear

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

The world needs more mime construction workers.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

The world needs more mime construction workers.

The main problem would be all your buildings would have no glass.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I went to try to find a Detective Pikachu gif of Mr. Mime using invisible walls on Pikachu... but I failed at google-fu. :(

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    sound optional

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    D:

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Long, but satisfying. Seriously, this is a minute and a half.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    sound optional

this dude literally did the Wilhelm scream

• Options

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    sound optional

As would a lot of people in that scenario, I suspect - one of those fibreglass poles whipping into your nards at ~100km/h would be a fairly bad day if you were wearing a cup, and I don't think downhill skiers wear cups...

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    sound optional

As would a lot of people in that scenario, I suspect - one of those fibreglass poles whipping into your nards at ~100km/h would be a fairly bad day if you were wearing a cup, and I don't think downhill skiers wear cups...

I don't think anyone was doubting the necessity of some sort of reaction.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Huou7Gh.gif

(seems to be old, but it's new to me)

• Options

Saint this person.

• Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

Saint this person.

I hate this societal assumption that the other car MUST have been a dick. Maybe they were also getting the last spot after someone else parked over the line? Maybe they were having an unlucky day, or just got some bad news? Why make the world a worse place just because you decide you deserve to be self-righteous to a stranger you know nothing about?

Edit: My mother-in-law is in a wheelchair. Back when she could drive, if there was no handicapped parking, she would have to park like that. Nowadays I drop her off at the curb and then park myself, but this just makes me so sad...

Sunrize on
  • Options
    BlarghyBlarghy Registered User regular
    Sunrize wrote: »

Saint this person.

I hate this societal assumption that the other car MUST have been a dick. Maybe they were also getting the last spot after someone else parked over the line? Maybe they were having an unlucky day, or just got some bad news? Why make the world a worse place just because you decide you deserve to be self-righteous to a stranger you know nothing about?

Edit: My mother-in-law is in a wheelchair. Back when she could drive, if there was no handicapped parking, she would have to park like that. Nowadays I drop her off at the curb and then park myself, but this just makes me so sad...

There's something called the 5% "rule", where if a certain circumstance occurs less than 5% of the time, you should generally discount it when you have no way to know either way. Its certainly -possible- that the person in the gif has some issue that legitimately prevented them from parking inside of the lines, but in the vast majority of the circumstances involved, having to climb into their passenger door because they parked on the line is probably deserved karma.

• Options

Saint this person.

Nah they took the time to back in.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Once I saw a lady in a Mercedes SLK park horizontally across three vertical handicapped spaces and go into a convenience store to buy cigarettes.

• Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    They are all parked in backwards except for one car. It's required in some areas. And I don't care if it is an accident "only 5%" of the time, like you have statistics proving that somehow? Finding narrower and narrower justifications for being a dick to a stranger is the exact opposite of what these boards are for. Sorry ya'll feel it's okay.

Sunrize on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    They are all parked in backwards except for one car. It's required in some areas. And I don't care if it is an accident "only 5%" of the time, like you have statistics proving that somehow? Finding narrower and narrower justifications for being a dick to a stranger is the exact opposite of what these boards are for. Sorry ya'll feel it's okay.

you must be new here given what this place used to be

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Yeah, but I don't think that's a reputation that we're all trying to advertise or cling to.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

parking in a parking spot properly isn't being a dick

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Oghulk wrote: »

you must be new here given what this place used to be

If the rules thread is accurate, the glorious edict was created in 2012, which is around the same time the boards started getting their act together and not being a total shithole. I don't think you have to be new to see this place as mostly positive and supportive.

I totally get the instinctive desire to get someone back for doing something that seems shitty, it's a nice moment of catharsis. But I think Sunrize has a good point about making assumptions and celebrating petty revenge.

That being said, obviously there's pretty much no justification for taking a handicapped spot you don't need, let alone three, so in that case I'm pretty much fine with whatever karma has in store for them.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

The person being the dick, if there even is a dick in this situation, is the person who parked on the line.

The person doing their best to park correctly so as not to damage the car next to them when they exit their vehicle is doing the correct thing. At worst, the individual in the improperly parked car will be momentarily put out by having to enter their car from the passenger side.

So EITHER the person who parked abnormally is a lazy prick and will be minorly inconvenienced OR they did the best they could and will similarly be... minorly inconvenienced. And people having a visceral reaction on the internet doesn't matter either way and they don't need to be scolded for it.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »

that person's got shit figured out

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    There could have also been snow early in the day that melted and caused those lines to be mostly invisible.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

This discussion has been closed.