Options

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Most adjustable ball caps don't fit me.

Most ushankas don't either. Or they cut into my head a bit...

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm a 7 and 3/8, which I think comes to about 24 inches, and most single sized hats won't fit me

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Bonobos had a big sale so I bought some dark maroon slacks and I hope they look good and also that this isn't just a crappy brand that got big because of Facebook marketing.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Bonobos makes relatively good quality products in my experience

poo
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    25" is serious business. I'm about 24", which is usually right between XL and XXL according to most places (or between 7-5/8 and 7-3/4 in standard US fitted hat sizes). "One size fits all" hats usually just barely fit me (or don't).

25" is probably like a size 8 / XXXL.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I was looking for pretty-print workout leggings - they are surprisingly hard to find! And then I found this wild thing for $13 and was like...yes. Give this to me.

61c2zK8cQ6L._UY741_.jpg

They are very comfortable and I love them! And this is the LOUDEST thing I own and it's great.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    My initial instinct was to hate that the model is wearing heels in yoga pants

But uhh also I definitely have forgotten to bring flats or flip-flops to work and had to walk to yoga wearing yoga clothes and high heels, so I guess I can't throw stones

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I cannot deal with pointy shoes, mens or womens. Don't know why, but give me all the square toes.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Yeah I think these were marketed as like "going out" leggings, hence the heels :P

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    what is this, the 90s?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Yeah I think these were marketed as like "going out" leggings, hence the heels :P

HMMM well that gives me opinions

E: to be clear, the pants are great and I'm fine with crazy print leggings to go out, I just don't think those heels and those leggings appeal as a Look at all

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I've seen ladies in a look like that before

But you'd want heels that go up to the ankle so there's nothing showing

Because 1) scandalous and 2) it looks better

As workout leggings though? Hell yeah.

• Options
    I wore them yesterday with black sneakers and it was goooood

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    You would probably be amazed (or maybe not) at how often leggings, even athletic leggings, are pictured on models in high heels. I’ve been looking at leggings of various types lately and absolutely giggling at the models in leggings and heels but no shirt. Somehow it just looks incredibly silly. I’m sure it’s to have good leg/calf definition for the pictures, but it’s so ridiculous looking.

• Options
    Hm this used shirt I bought online is not in as good condition as I expected
    Alas

Hey does anyone wanna buy a denim jacket that is too small for me
    Small bois only

Btw this corduroy thing I posted on last page is super rad and soft
    Just steamed the wrinkles out of it from it being in a shipping envelope so long

poo
  • Options
    I made a bracelet today! Glass, crystal, agate, 14k gold-filled findings.

pnxn6gqvj6pq.jpg

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That really pretty, NightDragon!

In stark contrast, here is my face and beard

What should do I with the beard? The chin hair grows in much thicker than the sides.

https://imgur.com/a/0sE8y1q

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I think it looks good from the sides but a little too long from the front? So maybe just trim the chin part down so its only slightly longer than the sides and give the sides time to catch up

Or you could nix the sides altogether and just do a goatee but even then I think you'd want to cut the chin hairs shorter

Edit but like besides the length disparity I think its a good beard overall

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    With that kind of beard too you could totally rock a shaved head.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    If I had any criticism, maybe from the front there's a sort of concave curve going from your jawline to your chin; perhaps you could round that out a bit? Otherwise it's a fine looking beard.

I'm home on paternity leave right now and haven't shaved for about 2 weeks now (other than cleaning up some neckbeard) and discovered that my chin grows a lot more grey hairs than it did the last time I had a beard :bigfrown:

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    okay, in trying to find those leggings via GIS, i just end up on amazon looking at randos, and discover some regrettable "scrunch"/ruched leggings

wtf!

who wants it to look like fabric has gone directly into their ass?! this is specifically a situation i try to avoid!
    well-made thongs aside. but their benefit is being unobtrusive in all senses. i don't wear them often --and imagining wearing these leggings bothers me-- because of sensory issues.

and bubble butt, okay, sure. no body shaming from me.
    (though i inherently have issue with body-types as fad/fashion and the socialized pursuit of the 'ideal' form, so push-up bras inhabit a similarly problematic space. i also have conflicting feelings about purely cosmetic surgery, but hey, who am i to judge if a double eyelid truly makes someone feel better about their body?)

but i would prefer to not see every crevice well-delineated, in general.

it just seems like yet more marketing relying on body shame/exposure & oversexualization.
    with a ludicrously silly bonus implication of the butt forciby sucking in fabric to create such ruching.

so i get it, i just don't get it.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    pooka wrote: »
    okay, in trying to find those leggings via GIS, i just end up on amazon looking at randos, and discover some regrettable "scrunch"/ruched leggings

wtf!

who wants it to look like fabric has gone directly into their ass?! this is specifically a situation i try to avoid!
    well-made thongs aside. but their benefit is being unobtrusive in all senses. i don't wear them often --and imagining wearing these leggings bothers me-- because of sensory issues.

and bubble butt, okay, sure. no body shaming from me.
    (though i inherently have issue with body-types as fad/fashion and the socialized pursuit of the 'ideal' form, so push-up bras inhabit a similarly problematic space. i also have conflicting feelings about purely cosmetic surgery, but hey, who am i to judge if a double eyelid truly makes someone feel better about their body?)

but i would prefer to not see every crevice well-delineated, in general.

it just seems like yet more marketing relying on body shame/exposure & oversexualization.
    with a ludicrously silly bonus implication of the butt forciby sucking in fabric to create such ruching.

so i get it, i just don't get it.

Yeeeeeeeah, I hate those butt-floss leggings too! But there's enough of them out there where I figure they must be making money on them, so some people are buying them. But yeah, not for me either.

Here's the link to the leggings I got on Amazon :)
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074GPT1VT/

Also oh, here's the same leggings but with a higher waist and different waistband (and NO HEELS on the model!):
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0788MMD4T/

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i feel like that bowtie should be smaller or absent
    i know it's a basic take, but maybe a colorful pocketsquare, too? that's a lot of unmitigated black velvet, and the shirt doesn't feel like enough of a counterpoint on its own
    strong look, regardless, though probably the point is likely less about the execution itself

also, on the first page of ruched leggings, these popped up (possibly because i am frequently a sucker for knit-patterned goods, and obnoxiously bright things), so i'm also annoyed that i cannot find the print in a non-ruched option. so i may eventually cave and get them despite aforementioned misgivings.

71WvAoWsQXL._UY445_.jpg

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    That reminds me of the book I saw multiple times at the library for knitting your own underwear.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    what is this, the 90s?

I'm getting a very "school background in the 90s" feel from it that's for sure.

Or like one of those paper cups with the turquoise zig zag on it.

I dig that nostalgia factor though.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    i feel like that bowtie should be smaller or absent
    i know it's a basic take, but maybe a colorful pocketsquare, too? that's a lot of unmitigated black velvet, and the shirt doesn't feel like enough of a counterpoint on its own
    strong look, regardless, though probably the point is likely less about the execution itself

Yeah I actually have a bunch of critiques of the look (and it certainly wasn't my favorite men's look of the night)

But ultimately that all kind of gets washed aside just due to the boldness of the look

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    I made a terrible mistake. I bought a couple of packs of new super-comfy undershirts and assumed that they wouldn't shrink because I wash everything in cold water. This was not correct and now they are impossibly small.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    The back up barbershop is a quality establishment as well, I think

https://imgur.com/a/ZE2RWzc

Feels good

Wow, I'm still Very Bad at selfies

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    I made a terrible mistake. I bought a couple of packs of new super-comfy undershirts and assumed that they wouldn't shrink because I wash everything in cold water. This was not correct and now they are impossibly small.

I’ve been learning my lessons about shrinkage of clothes (a bit late tbh because I’ve certainly ruined some things or over shrank them)
    I hang dry almost all my t shirts / most other shirts now except like exercise stuff
    I hand wash a lot of things

Or with like these other t shirts I have i just buy bigger ones with the expectation I’ll shrink them

Lesson learned I guess

Though I still fuck up sometimes

poo
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    It's the time of year again where I try unsuccessfully to find a some kind of lightweight jacket to wear at work that is slightly dressy and will go well with anything from t-shirts to oxford shirts. I was actually able to find something mid-weight last year and it's worn well now through almost two Fall/Winters. Finding something for Spring and early Fall is really hard though.

Has anyone felt, tried on, or own the moto full zip jacket from American Rag? It looks great to me but I'm concerned it's going to be too heavy or just as heavy as my current jacket. I'm looking for something in a similar style but in a similar weight to a track jacket. I'd prefer not to spend too much over $100 if possible. Ideally black or dark grey and without a hood.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Harrington jacket

poo
  • Options
    I l o v e that tuxedo dress A LOT

Also sort of related to clothes shrinking, I fuckin hate unfitted/unisex t-shirts

Like what the cock, who looks good in these? The small percentage of humans whose torsos are a perfect square?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah unisex t-shirts aggravate the hell out of me. I can't really wear them on account of my shoulders being too broad for the rest of me, but they also look very baggy around the bottom

Shame as a lot of websites have great designs which are only in unisex t sizes

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I wear the shapeless sacks to hide my hairy, flabby shame.

It's somewhat effective!

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    4d6queue5xus.jpg

Ok my beard is getting into weird mountain man territory.

Shaping our Styling suggestions anyone?

I will say that I enjoy it on the long side, especially now with this bossman beard oil jelly stuff (also the conditioner and balm) which works much better for me than the honest amish stuff I was using and smells a little bit better (less sweet)

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular

Thanks! That style looks really good. I'll have to see what else I can find in that style that's in my size.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    I l o v e that tuxedo dress A LOT

Also sort of related to clothes shrinking, I fuckin hate unfitted/unisex t-shirts

Like what the cock, who looks good in these? The small percentage of humans whose torsos are a perfect square?

Unisex t-shirts are pretty much designed for taking a pair of scissors to

A lot of bad t-shirts make good tank tops