Options

Would Wolverine's Healing Factor Reverse His Circumcision?

-Tal-Tal Registered User regular

PNk1Ml4.png

Would Wolverine's Healing Factor Reverse His Circumcision? 111 votes

Yes
68%
MachwingShortyDarmakAshcroftMulysaSemproniusRaijin QuickfootTayaJasconiusDescendant XDevlin_DragonusKane Red RobeGreenUndead ScottsmansarukunNightDragontsplitterShadowfireJayKaosDepressperadoCrimson King 76 votes
No
31%
A duck!Garlic BreadMysstLindsay LohaniguanacusPerrsunHappylilElfTheySlashThemDaMoonRulzmrpakukriegsStraightziTransporterRhesus PositiveMarathonCentipede DamascusZonugalHeadCreepsJedocHawkstone 35 votes

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yes
    I haven't actually read any comics where he loses a limb or whatever, but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the Deadpool doubt.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Yes
    Who says he is circumcised

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Who says he is circumcised

wolverine is 100% all natural

except for the mutations and the skeleton thing

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    No
    Assuming he got circumcised at a young age, no. He's not a changeling.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I recall this being a problem for somebody else in a comic. Surgery wouldn't take.

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    If he is circumcised then can he cut his hog off to regrow a circumcised on? Would he then be cursed/blessed with an uncircumcised heathen dick?

I just realized the question was not is Wolverine circumcised and instead rephrased the thread.

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    No
    Phasen wrote: »
    If he is circumcised then can he cut his hog off to regrow a circumcised on? Would he then be cursed/blessed with an uncircumcised heathen dick?

That is a roundabout 'yes' that may as well be 'no'

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Due to the comic book code no one in Marvel has genitals.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Marvel stopped using the code a while ago.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    No
    More importantly will he also start regrowing his umbilical cord?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Yes
    I'm pretty sure circumcision was not very prevalent when james was born in Americas hat

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    No
    Damn, I just remembered that his healing factor is genetic and not the result of an experiment

Still no, because he's not circumcised (I'm guessing)

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Wolverine isn't Jewish and was born before Kellogg started peddling his bullshit.

He ain't circumcised.

• Options
    Yes

All the male characters are stuffing their spandex. Would make more sense considering the shape of the spandex.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    No
    To me it makes sense that his body isn't going to go back and "re-heal" wounds that have already long-since healed on their own. But, y'know, the exact nature of his powers varies from writer to writer so it's impossible to say for sure. But also I'm pretty sure Western circumcision didn't really become a thing until the 1900s so it'd be surprising if he was cut at all to begin with

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Yes
    It seems Circumcision began in ancient egypt. Is apocalypse circumcised and does he have a techno organic foreskin now?

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Anyway, No while he has his Metal Skeleton, but when he had it ripped out of him and his Healing Factor went into overdrive, it regrew.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Yes
    Anyway, No while he has his Metal Skeleton, but when he had it ripped out of him and his Healing Factor went into overdrive, it regrew.

Did his penis regress to an animalistic state like the rest of him?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

that doesn't make sense, his donger doesn't contain literal bone. Unless that's an additional mutant power.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    No
    Nope, was done as infant, powers manifested at puberty.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yes
    He got a tattoo shortly before he died, I recall that not instantly healing.

Anyway since a penis is a boner and his bones are metal, wolverine has a metal dong.

Snikt indeed

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    No
    I don't know enough about when his powers first showed up.
    If years after the circumcision, the skin's healed over and there's nothing for the mutation to heal.
    If he has his powers before the circumcision then he grows it back.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    tal I refuse to dignify this thread with a response

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    WAIT SHIT

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Yes
    As a geneticist I always figured Wolverine's healing factor reverted wolverine back to what his dna says his body should be composed of. Ergo dick chopped off uncircumcised dick shows up.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    No
    if he got circumcised it wouldn't take but if he was already circumcised he'd stay circumcised

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    No
    As a geneticist I always figured Wolverine's healing factor reverted wolverine back to what his dna says his body should be composed of. Ergo dick chopped off uncircumcised dick shows up.

I feel like this would affect a lot more than his dick though

Like, what else happens when he regenerates because of this?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    No
    Even if it did he could always redo it himself. He's got the tools right there!

• Options
    Yes
    3clipse wrote: »

Cicision

• Options

It'd just keep rehealing

• Options
    Yes
    Straightzi wrote: »

I feel like this would affect a lot more than his dick though

Like, what else happens when he regenerates because of this?

Wolverine can actually regrow from his cut off donger. Thats how he was in every comic. He kept cutting his dong off.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Yes
    This really depends on the exact nature of his regeneration. For example, if it was reactivating latent developmental genes then he would have foreskin but also webbed hands and toes. So that can’t be the mechanism. If the regeneration is solely based on regenerating to a set body plan, then it could be that the body plan was established before the mutant gene activated. So its “zero state” is whatever was right before. So it would grow back if he got circumcised post mutant activation. But it wouldn’t grow back if it was circumcised pre mutation. As others have pointed out, circumcision is a historical trend and unless Logan’s parents were Jewish, it is highly unlikely he was circumcised. Given that he was born in Canada in 1880, his parents or parents parents would be British, and circumcision as a practice typically mimics the cut/uncut status of the parent. Moreover, Canada’s current rate of circumcision is a paltry 30%. And given that global circumcision rates have been steadily falling we could back calculate an even lower circumcision rate in the 1880s.

Thus, there are two fundamental questions that both must be answered.

Question 1: Was Wolverine, nee James Howlett AKA Logan circumcised in the first place?

Question 2: What exactly is the fundamental nature and etiology of Wolverine’s regenerative powers?

In this essay I,

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    No
    Xaquin wrote: »

It'd just keep rehealing

When Wolverine tried to convert to Judaism, his life was an unending nightmare.

• Options
    No
    I would argue that the phrasing of this question at the top of the thread implies that Wolverine has been circumcised

The use of possessive language, defining Wolverine's circumcision as being his, creates the idea that it is a procedure that has been internalized and is a part of him

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Professor Wolverine Patch Lucky Jim Howlett Logan weapon X Grey Summers Creed Parker is in fact uncut.

He was a frail boy you see

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yes
    Spiderman has no dick (barring the radioactive semen story).

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    No
    I wonder if Wolverine resents the fact that he cannot get any lasting piercings

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Spiderman has no dick (barring the radioactive semen story).

Radioactive semen is canon as of Spider Island.

Also he apparently just raw dogged with MJ even in the altered timeline .

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yes
    I think it'd depend on whether he can regrow body parts. Comics seem to go back and forward on that.

If he can't then he'd have to go on a quest to find his foreskin, which would have survived all these years thanks to his mutant healing. But once he found it he could just hold it in place and bloop, his foreskin would reattach itself.

• Options
    I wonder if Wolverine resents the fact that he cannot get any lasting piercings

why not? it'd just heal around his hoop earrings, not force them out

This discussion has been closed.