Options

Disney [chat]

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2019
    Atomika wrote: »
    MsAnthropy wrote: »
    Gunn confirmed he's back in for GOTG3

In my ideal fantasy world, Disney finally realized giving into the shitheel Nazis of 4chan wasn’t the best longterm strategy, especially given their female-driven March opener just made a cool half-bil.

edit: Sorry, a cool full-bil

Jesus that movie is doing well

It’s almost as if a significant portion of the population suddenly related to seeing some type of rare character in one of these silly superhero things. Nah. That seems patently ridiculous.

It shouldn’t be a hard choice: “Black Panther and Captain Marvel make you $3 billion” or “You please a small cohort of pig-stupid internet Nazis.”

This is where, in a true capitalist society, the free and open market should be crushing the skulls of those bigoted shitheel geese - they are the true minority and aren't worth taking bets on. Make fun movies for everyone, fuck their noise.

edit: and with black panther winning oscars, captain marvel making serious bank, and gunn back on GOTG... today is a good day.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I’m too old for music I only listen to AM radio now

How’s Garrison Keillor doing these days
    Probably not that great honestly

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Toy Story 4 (the Pixar option)
    There are titties in that video, abdy.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    apart from the directx thing, the main annoyance of having a new computer is trying to remember passwords to a billion things

I got my spotify account ten years ago how the hell would I remember the password

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    apart from the directx thing, the main annoyance of having a new computer is trying to remember passwords to a billion things

I got my spotify account ten years ago how the hell would I remember the password

get a password manager!

• Options

get a password manager!

fortunately I made passwords in a pretty predictable way back then

also fortunately, I didn't have the two extra mail addresses I now use (firstname@lastname.no and firstname.lastname@gmail.com) so I don't have to guess everything, for all three emails

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    EDIT: titties, I guess

You call me?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »

You call me?

caravan palace - miracle

neat music, neat animated music video

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Study finds people in Ireland and Scotland made “bog butter” for millennia
    Ancient denizens of what is now Ireland and Scotland buried stashes of so-called "bog butter" in peat bogs, presumably to stave off spoilage. Thanks to the unique chemistry of those bogs, the stashes have survived for thousands of years.
    And yes, there have been modern experiments in making bog butter, most notably samples presented at the 2012 Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery. Reade headed the project and was pleased to find that his homemade bog butter did not go rancid during its three months underground. (A second stash has been allowed to age for seven years.) However, the result was something of an acquired taste, "causing disgust in some and enjoyment in others," he wrote. "The fat absorbs a considerable amount of flavor from its surroundings, gaining flavor notes which were described primarily as ‘animal,’ or ‘gamey,’ ‘moss,' ‘funky,’ ‘pungent,’ and ‘salami.’"

I want some bog butter now

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019

You call me?

caravan palace - miracle

Ah cool

Here is the Not video

https://youtu.be/XRP9k9nlAfE

Edit: also that is clearly a vulva, not titties

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Some Marvel or Star Wars Thing
    How does one store anything in a bog

“Fergus, yer ma needs moar butter, take the good trowel oot back, y’ell find i’ oot ba the trees,”

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    We texted MIL/FIL at 7:00am about going out and getting breakfast

They were amenable

It is 9 fucking thirty and they're still getting ready

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I’m too old for music I only listen to AM radio now

How’s Garrison Keillor doing these days
    NPR is far too respectable for AM

AM is where you get angry conservatives and prosperity gospel

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Nine FUCKING thirty

Nine fucking THIRTY

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Disney is for capitalist chumps, right comrade?
    i wanna make a cool desktop background for myself in the style of an SNES Final Fantasy battle scene.

but idk what to set in that. Hrm.

Thinking eitherrrrr Steven Universe orrrr Random Indie game characters (Hyperlight Drifter, Red, Shovel Knight, Robin from Iconoclasts, etc.) orrrrrrrrrr Pyre....

It's tough to pick just ONE THING augh.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Nine FUCKING thirty

Nine fucking THIRTY

McDonald's serves breakfast until 10:30, 11 some places.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

“Fergus, yer ma needs moar butter, take the good trowel oot back, y’ell find i’ oot ba the trees,”

Irish children are taught from a young age to whisper to the bog fairies to guide their way to the bog butter.

I'm descended from Irish immigrants so this is 100% true.

• Options
    Nine FUCKING thirty

Nine fucking THIRTY

McDonald's serves breakfast until 10:30, 11 some places.

He ran out to Starbucks after I texted, got coffee, came back and fell asleep

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Do desktop magic so characters rotate in and out

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Do desktop magic so characters rotate in and out

... That is extremely clever, i like it!

Yeah, nothing stops me from making several in the same "Series"....

Thanks, Duke two period zero.

• Options

the picture on the blog of butter from the bog looks like hollowed out log

5n1fSjr.png?1

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You can always get a divorce

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Is there a difference in quality in the ramen between the various dried ramen brands?

Shin Raymun is noticeably better

But also 1.00 or 2.00 a pack versus 59c

59 cents? Why aren't you fancy.

"Ah, pa, can't ya do it. I keep on digging up old sacrificed people!"

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    8ja96WJ.jpg

I didn't read this one. What happened next?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    8ja96WJ.jpg

I didn't read this one. What happened next?
    A baseball game

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2019

You call me?

caravan palace - miracle

It was a neat video, but it was titties, butts, vagina implications that would put O'Kieffe to shame, cartoon penis and fuckin'.

I am glad I saw it before it was edited away but yeah... don't think that is standard far for direct linkage here

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    This phone is so sexyyy I'm glad cause it is expensive and I wasn't that excited off the bat, and if new tech doesn't even give me that spark anymore what the fuck is left... But I'm at work and really using it instead of just messing around with it at home so it's not forced, my regular habits are coming out, and it's damn good. Mmmm hnnnggggggggf nndnnnnnnffffffff hruup hruup yinnnnnnnnnnnngh.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Is there a difference in quality in the ramen between the various dried ramen brands?

Shin Raymun is noticeably better

But also 1.00 or 2.00 a pack versus 59c

59 cents? Why aren't you fancy.

"Ah, pa, can't ya do it. I keep on digging up old sacrificed people!"

The colonel’s secret recipe exposed

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

In my ideal fantasy world, Disney finally realized giving into the shitheel Nazis of 4chan wasn’t the best longterm strategy, especially given their female-driven March opener just made a cool half-bil.

It’s almost as if a significant portion of the population suddenly related to seeing some type of rare character in one of these silly superhero things. Nah. That seems patently ridiculous.

It shouldn’t be a hard choice: “Black Panther and Captain Marvel make you $3 billion” or “You please a small cohort of pig-stupid internet Nazis.”

This is where, in a true capitalist society, the free and open market should be crushing the skulls of those bigoted shitheel geese - they are the true minority and aren't worth taking bets on. Make fun movies for everyone, fuck their noise.

edit: and with black panther winning oscars, captain marvel making serious bank, and gunn back on GOTG... today is a good day.

They've yet to catch on that woke capitalism is bad because of the capitalism, not the wokeness

To be totally clear it's better than unwoke capitalism so don't get me wrong. Even a patronizing shill pushing good things is better than if they didn't.

Sorry if this sounds overly negative I've been having trouble moderating myself. I don't hate marvel or anything. Just glad women and minorities are starting to be seen as viable markets so companies have reason to not be quite so repulsive.

• Options
    I can tell that it's spring because my body is reacting to it. Does everyone get that? This is the first year in like a decade that I am remotely in tune with myself.

What I'm saying is I've had a boner for the last three days

• Options
    I’m listening to the new Jenny Lewis single and it’s exactly as bad as the songs from Voyager

Oof

I didn’t even know she made an album with St. Vincent three years ago. I need to check that out. She always works so much better as part of an ensemble than as a solo artist, and her solo work is always bad in the same bland, indulgent ways.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I am very excited for the next avengers film. This is unusual for me.

Shit I'm kind of excited for captain marvel

Money, free time, motive

What is the X factor in you not seeing this movie

Put the middle piece in this puzzle for me

@Organichu I was busy this week and you went without me anyway so I have to see it alone or with Erik, who probably wronged me as you did

sig.gif
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    You would think that nobody would have gotten executed for murder because of sacrifices that happened hundreds of years ago in peat bogs getting dug up given how it should have been pretty clear how long those peat bogs could preserve bodies for, but it happened.

• Options

get a password manager!

fortunately I made passwords in a pretty predictable way back then

also fortunately, I didn't have the two extra mail addresses I now use (firstname@lastname.no and firstname.lastname@gmail.com) so I don't have to guess everything, for all three emails

Correct Horse Battery Stapler

• Options
    Me: i should finish my Grim Fandango poster thing

Also me: Here are 12 different FF6 battle scene inspired pieces i wanna draw.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »

They've yet to catch on that woke capitalism is bad because of the capitalism, not the wokeness

To be totally clear it's better than unwoke capitalism so don't get me wrong. Even a patronizing shill pushing good things is better than if they didn't.

Sorry if this sounds overly negative I've been having trouble moderating myself. I don't hate marvel or anything. Just glad women and minorities are starting to be seen as viable markets so companies have reason to not be quite so repulsive.

I pointed out in an article I wrote a few years ago that, across all genres, movies with female leads perform better financially and generally have better critical reception, and they still have more trouble getting made

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    It is beautiful out

But I will do laundry first before I go outside

I have to plan the italies too!

I need to fix chairs and clean up and go to a party

But I want to do none of those things

I wish it was beautiful out here

sig.gif
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

• Options
    Nowadays it would be

23-26: Spinster
    26-29: Thornback
    29-35: Ivysaur
    35-40: Venusaur

• Options

You call me?

caravan palace - miracle

Ah cool

Here is the Not video

https://youtu.be/XRP9k9nlAfE

Edit: also that is clearly a vulva, not titties

yeah I dunno, somebody said titties, couldn't be arsed to go through every detail all eagle eyed like a censor

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.