As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Im doing a combo of LMG/Marksmen Rifle or Sniper rifle or Shotty/SMG w/Shield. Though I wish the shield was beefier. My favorite build in late division was those build around D3-FNC set.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The Daryl does pretty solid damage even against 4 man challenging enemies, I just wish I'd uhh miss less with it...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    The Daryl does pretty solid damage even against 4 man challenging enemies, I just wish I'd uhh miss less with it...
    I am a terrible shot in this game. I am never getting those commendations for multiple headshots.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Well scaling in this does feel broken at end game. Like I was doing a challenging mission last night on roosevelt and it just felt bad to be getting bullied by red bar or yellow enemies who can rush you in the open because you can not damage them enough fast enough. apparently its related to 4 man groups or something? But seriously like the skills not working or skill mods being broken ubisoft needs to at least respond and be like "yeah we know this feels like shit"

My hope is like challenging is balanced around tier 5? And when that releases enemies will go back to being easier to take down and more in line with player health, because as it stands right now its like challenging in division 1 with less ability to counter enemies/heal allies.

Also I don't know if exotic drops are broken or I'm the unluckiest fuck at all but I haven't gotten a single one yet at all and I've been in the range to potentially see them since thursday and easily put in I want to say twenty hours at that content level without seeing any exotic drops. I can't even upgrade the starter ones they give you because I didn't upgrade them earlier and I don't have the pieces to do it now or something? i have no idea.

This worries me the most.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Well scaling in this does feel broken at end game. Like I was doing a challenging mission last night on roosevelt and it just felt bad to be getting bullied by red bar or yellow enemies who can rush you in the open because you can not damage them enough fast enough. apparently its related to 4 man groups or something? But seriously like the skills not working or skill mods being broken ubisoft needs to at least respond and be like "yeah we know this feels like shit"

My hope is like challenging is balanced around tier 5? And when that releases enemies will go back to being easier to take down and more in line with player health, because as it stands right now its like challenging in division 1 with less ability to counter enemies/heal allies.

Also I don't know if exotic drops are broken or I'm the unluckiest fuck at all but I haven't gotten a single one yet at all and I've been in the range to potentially see them since thursday and easily put in I want to say twenty hours at that content level without seeing any exotic drops. I can't even upgrade the starter ones they give you because I didn't upgrade them earlier and I don't have the pieces to do it now or something? i have no idea.

I could be unlucky, I have gotten 3 "parts" of exotics but I didn't think that was the only way to get them, like I think there are supposed to be armor and weapon exotics but I haven't seen either at all. Its one thing that kind of puts a damper on my play time I'm just not seeing any of them and I feel like I should have just found one by now even a shitty one like a double barrel side arm that farts instead of reload or something.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    The main advantage I like that LMGs have is against yellow named enemies that like to rush you. You get your bonus damage and seem to chain stagger them so they cant actually attack you. I have mowed down several bounty targets in less than one magazine.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Currently (just hit 18 earlier this morning), I've been using 3 setups:

1 (General purpose) - Assault Rifle + bolt-action marksman
    2 (Supply drop specific) - Assault Rifle + M249/M60
    3 (Underground missions with no long sightlines) - Assault Rifle + SLR (Mk17, MDR, Sig716, and the like...I'll even toss the SVD on this pile)

Skills have been a healing item of some kind (until deployables are fixed, I think I'm going to use the healy chem launcher) and a crowd pleasercontroller (even a quick spurt of incinerator turret fire will give a little breathing room to empty an assault rifle mag into an armored baddie).

So far, these loads have worked pretty well for me. Well, barring invisible baddies popping in behind me or spawning a wave of suicide vest dudes right next to me, that is.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Question I would normally know from being a powergamer, but being lazy this go-round. I am assuming recalibration is like Division 1 to reroll stats, but is there a way to level up older high end items?

Same as the exotic discussion above, there's a way to level up my exotic level 1 shottie?

• Options

I could be unlucky, I have gotten 3 "parts" of exotics but I didn't think that was the only way to get them, like I think there are supposed to be armor and weapon exotics but I haven't seen either at all. Its one thing that kind of puts a damper on my play time I'm just not seeing any of them and I feel like I should have just found one by now even a shitty one like a double barrel side arm that farts instead of reload or something.

I have a feeling we will find out that the drops are increased somewhat in WT5, which is the actual final (locked) tier atm and not tier 4 as well as probably figuring out that specific types of enemies/named mobs drop certain items/pieces. I sure that information will eventually get sussed out just like the
    hunter
    stuff.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah my default set up is an assault rifle with a marksman for long range encounters. Though I did get a regular rifle with "when holstered gives your reload 20% free ammo every 30 seconds" so I think that means when its not equipped if i reload my AR it'll basically give me 12 free bullets every 30 seconds and that would seem pretty damn nice considering how I'm always running low on AR ammo.

I can't synch with shotguns in this, I've tried various ones, but what they do well versus what I give up not keeping a long range to extreme long range option open with my marksman seems poor.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'm more interested in what the best loadouts will be for the Dark Zone, myself. I hope not snipers (it's snipers, isn't it).

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Question I would normally know from being a powergamer, but being lazy this go-round. I am assuming recalibration is like Division 1 to reroll stats, but is there a way to level up older high end items?

Same as the exotic discussion above, there's a way to level up my exotic level 1 shottie?

Recalibration works different in this in a way its less random. You recalibrate by stealing a trait from an item you like and add it to the item you want it on, it has to be a like to a like (replacing a stat with another stat from that same "pool" as it were) but there's no random to it you just destroy the item your copying it from and boom your item has it.

I don't know if that will increase item level as I only ever recalibrated to higher level item.

There is a way to upgrade the preorder exotics though as I said above I seemingly have no idea where to get the parts to do it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

Do we have confirmation that armor exotics are in the game currently? The one thing I read on this mentioned weapon exotics now and then armor exotics would be unlocked with the raid, but I haven't really looked too far into it.

• Options
    I'm more interested in what the best loadouts will be for the Dark Zone, myself. I hope not snipers (it's snipers, isn't it).

Probably dependent on the dark zone. Like non normalized I believe its sniper right now according to griefer extrordinare marco. Normalized I think anything would work though I'd say AR's would probably rule a bit there for the health damage and and burn down just like they were in div 1.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Recal works sorta like infusion in Destiny now in that it consumes an item. You can switch a stat/perk out from one weapon or armor to another (that share type) at the cost of the item you are taking the stat off of.

I would assume that your items, until you get at end game and they add something like the optimization station, are locked at the power you acquire them at.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »

Do we have confirmation that armor exotics are in the game currently? The one thing I read on this mentioned weapon exotics now and then armor exotics would be unlocked with the raid, but I haven't really looked too far into it.

I didn't know they weren't even in the game that explains a bit. I only thought they were because when I tried to equip both my preorder exotics it said "only one weapon and armor exotic can be equipped"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah my default set up is an assault rifle with a marksman for long range encounters. Though I did get a regular rifle with "when holstered gives your reload 20% free ammo every 30 seconds" so I think that means when its not equipped if i reload my AR it'll basically give me 12 free bullets every 30 seconds and that would seem pretty damn nice considering how I'm always running low on AR ammo.

I can't synch with shotguns in this, I've tried various ones, but what they do well versus what I give up not keeping a long range to extreme long range option open with my marksman seems poor.

I did well with a Rifle (LVOA-C etc), that served as a middle ground between an AR and Marksman and paired that with a shotgun.

LVOA-C I had went up to 62 rounds in the magazine and was a beast once you realize that the recoil is fairly minimal and with the right attachments it can be fired accurately as fast as you can pull the trigger.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Can you level up lower level gear? Or should I just be dismantling/selling old guns? I have a 100 mag LMG but it's 4 levels below me so DMG is low, but have no higher level LMGs with a 100 mag

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

3 (Underground missions with no long sightlines) - Assault Rifle + SLR (Mk17, MDR, Sig716, and the like...I'll even toss the SVD on this pile)

Skills have been a healing item of some kind (until deployables are fixed, I think I'm going to use the healy chem launcher) and a crowd pleasercontroller (even a quick spurt of incinerator turret fire will give a little breathing room to empty an assault rifle mag into an armored baddie).

So far, these loads have worked pretty well for me. Well, barring invisible baddies popping in behind me or spawning a wave of suicide vest dudes right next to me, that is.

Oh good, it's not just me. Some skills are broken? My sniper turret never fired a shot. My firefly occasionally explodes the moment i let go. My friends revive hive will sometimes refuse to revive. My other friend's heal hive will toss out one tick then reset.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Also for me LMG's tend to like keep you trapped longer in a given position to deal dps, versus the AR feeling you can get similar dps faster.

And preacher pro tip A PPP if you will. For those doing the ubisoft club challenge for pistol kills go to a normalized dark zone, your pistol can kill red bar enemies in a couple shots.

The sawed off is hilarious in this game. Straight murder.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I really like the M60 for LMGs so far. I've tried a few others but havent found them nearly as effective.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Oh good, it's not just me. Some skills are broken? My sniper turret never fired a shot. My firefly occasionally explodes the moment i let go. My friends revive hive will sometimes refuse to revive. My other friend's heal hive will toss out one tick then reset.

Stuff is definitely busted at the moment - but FYI I believe the sniper turret has to pretty much be manually aimed at enemies to fire using your skill button.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I impulse bought and am enjoying this but I gotta say i'm surprised @ how err, underwhelming? The graphics are for a 2019 flagship game. I have everything maxed on PC and it really doesn't look all that much better than the division 1 did. The setting itself is great it's just a bit of a technical letdown.

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I really like the M60 for LMGs so far. I've tried a few others but havent found them nearly as effective.

Me too. It's a great weapon for those big groups of Mooks that always contain 2-3 Melee guys. Starting to out level it, tho, I sure hope that another one drops soon.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    squall99x wrote: »

Stuff is definitely busted at the moment - but FYI I believe the sniper turret has to pretty much be manually aimed at enemies to fire using your skill button.

Yeah, i had that pointed out to me. I still was never able to convince it to fire at anyone.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Fairchild wrote: »

Me too. It's a great weapon for those big groups of Mooks that always contain 2-3 Melee guys. Starting to out level it, tho, I sure hope that another one drops soon.

The M249 is a good alternative to the M60. I'm not sure if they mislabeled it and it should be the MG4 (since it seems to hit as hard as a comparable level M60), but Division 2 M249s are pretty much an M60 with a slightly faster RoF (550RPM vs. 500RPM).

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Can you level up lower level gear? Or should I just be dismantling/selling old guns? I have a 100 mag LMG but it's 4 levels below me so DMG is low, but have no higher level LMGs with a 100 mag

To add to this, are the stash upgrades even worth getting? The only reason I've been keeping old loot so far is for project donations and old guns I liked

• Options

Yeah, i had that pointed out to me. I still was never able to convince it to fire at anyone.

To be fair, it's pretty bad. It does...ok damage, but requires clear los to the target and in practice you're just babysitting it a bit too much for it to be useful.

• Options
    Yeah some of the AR's also look super similar. Like I had a mk16 and I thought the Acer I got was the same gun, but its just similar like the mk16 has higher base damage but slightly less accuracy stability.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    I sent a join request to the PS4 PAX clan as Zavian2099. I'm enjoying Division 2 so far, some missions are difficult solo but matchmaking with a team hasn't failed me so far. I've been avoiding doing any side missions until lvl 30 as that's what a bunch of YouTube tips videos told me. Also, LMGs seem pretty beast if you have a 100 magazine one

I will take care of it when I get home if someone else doesnt get to it first.
    Marco of griefer fame now... Suggested holding on doing side quests until your mid teens to level up faster since main story missions don't scale their exp but side missions do and side missions are worth about a third of a level each time you do them. I wouldn't know why you'd wait on them till max level for loot that seems silly there are so many ways to get loot.

Not really sure that's even accurate as the reward from one of the story missions has continually increased. I think one is 100k now, it was 70k before.

The only things that haven't scaled XP wise for me have been projects.

That was actually one of the things I think they patched last week was that main missions scaled just like side missions.

Oh, this is good! Gonna start banging side missions out as I go, because my leveling process has been a little slow.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options

To be fair, it's pretty bad. It does...ok damage, but requires clear los to the target and in practice you're just babysitting it a bit too much for it to be useful.

yeah this was what I experienced in the demo, especially when the regular turret is so much better at like anything you want a turret to do. Now if the sniper turret was as good as the npc equivelent that can almost fucking one shot me... yeah I'd use that more often. Well if the game didn't break with turrets all the time.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

yeah this was what I experienced in the demo, especially when the regular turret is so much better at like anything you want a turret to do. Now if the sniper turret was as good as the npc equivelent that can almost fucking one shot me... yeah I'd use that more often. Well if the game didn't break with turrets all the time.

I appreciate that it lights up when it "locks on" to a target but I believe it doesn't make the distinction of having los or not so yeah, it's just not that useful.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Yeah some of the AR's also look super similar. Like I had a mk16 and I thought the Acer I got was the same gun, but its just similar like the mk16 has higher base damage but slightly less accuracy stability.

Wait... there are ACR assault rifles in the game? I mean, it shouldn't surprise me...but in my 18 levels, I've only ever seen the semi-auto ACR variant. Here's the list of assault rifles I've had dropped (and which I've picked up) to date:

AKM (most common)
    Mk16
    M4
    M16A2
    G36
    CTAR-21
    FAMAS
    AUG CQC (note, this is not the 9mm Para variant)

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Wait... there are ACR assault rifles in the game? I mean, it shouldn't surprise me...but in my 18 levels, I've only ever seen the semi-auto ACR variant. Here's the list of assault rifles I've had dropped (and which I've picked up) to date:

AKM (most common)
    Mk16
    M4
    M16A2
    G36
    CTAR-21
    FAMAS
    AUG CQC (note, this is not the 9mm Para variant)

yeah there are several other variants that similar to division one will drop at higher levels. Just like early on you have like the one variant of the bolt action sniper but at 30 you get a bunch of different versions like The Carbon one I have right now.

Like I swear the famas was a burst fire ar, and then I got some later variants that were just full auto.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2019

My current ranking of turrets based on having one and being in parties with others.
    Sniper: poop from a butt
    Auto: pretty good. Will actually shoot bullets but enemies tend to walk up to it and crush it under their careless feet
    Flame: not only fires (hah) at enemies, but is also very durable because, as my friend put it, "people who get close enough to kill it are too busy being on fire to do so. "

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Where the auto has an advantage over the flame is range. If I put that bastard up on something enemies can't get to it basically over watches and harasses for you. Its what makes the skill bug thing such an annoyance, that turret is a god damn god send and its unreliable as the campus! Spoilers for the campus in tier 4...

Thank god those fuckers aren't under lockdown anymore, jesus that shit was annoying.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    It's good to hear they are aware of the skill bug. It's really really annoying. Those skills define a lot of how I like to play and not being able to use most of them is balls.

• Options
    I'm glad they are aware of it, but man fix the damn thing? Like I get it was primarily introduced by an early fix for something else, but its been launch weekend with people not being aware skills are fucked up.

Just like they don't even really mention skill mods are equally fucked up and broken. Which has me wondering what else is busted we don't know about.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    There is also a weird faction of duders in the game. Like they aren't one of the regular 4, but they dress in all black they throw knives and have like a one shot melee. They also have a thicc melee boy with like a chainsaw? I ran across them in the dark zone when I tripped a line and like 4 of them showed up with bows? Its weird no one in the game mentions who they are or what the fuck they want.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

My current ranking of turrets based on having one and being in parties with others.
    Sniper: poop from a butt
    Auto: pretty good. Will actually shoot bullets but enemies tend to walk up to it and crush it under their careless feet
    Flame: not only fires (hah) at enemies, but is also very durable because, as my friend put it, "people who get close enough to kill it are too busy being on fire to do so. "

Flame turret seems like it would be good in an enclosed area where you could pretty effectively shut down a pathway of attack anything that gets close just flame it.