As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Everybody get up, it's time to Ham now [Overwatch]

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Did Nenne really fat finger that? I mean I still think Seoul wins that last fight cause Michelle's EMPs were perfect almost the entire map.

Nope.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedInexpensiveParrotAliens

Edit: Coinage! *shakes fist*

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    WE DID IT ;_;

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I don't think that was actually a bad play by Nenne, though. People would've called him a god if he'd chosen the correct door.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I don't think that was actually a bad play by Nenne, though. People would've called him a god if he'd chosen the correct door.

Yeah, they basically had two win conditions of either graving and killing Michelle, or graving Seoul's tankline after they get EMP'd which is riskier.

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    By the way, Avast and ZP are carrying the Sideshow torch. Got them and Jayne/Elk in the discord call right now. (Oh, and Super was there earlier, think he's gone now though.)

Rock Lobster! on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    y'all will have to keep me updated on how this one goes, i stayed after at work just so i could watch the whole thing on my phone with their wifi, finally leaving on the bus now

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    y'all will have to keep me updated on how this one goes, i stayed after at work just so i could watch the whole thing on my phone with their wifi, finally leaving on the bus now

We got a triple dps comp in play.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »

Triple DPS w/Junkrat, no less.

• Options
    Boston just handed Vancouver 40% for no good reason.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Wow, Michelle just juked him out of his shoes.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »

Triple DPS w/Junkrat, no less.

Yeah...
    ...that would have been viable if they hand't surrounded the point twice for free.

Do we want to spoil specifics about the matches?

• Options
    lolololol Bumper

• Options
  • Options
    Boston gave up before the games even started

• Options
    first thing i did upon getting home:

bd69pqrlqk91.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    By the way, Avast and ZP are carrying the Sideshow torch. Got them and Jayne/Elk in the discord call right now. (Oh, and Super was there earlier, think he's gone now though.)

ZP's heart is in the right place (and he's mostly fine as a caster), but the one time I listened to him on Sideshow's stream he felt so much like a nice-but-annoying kid trying to fit in with his older brother's friends, going off on these weird tangents and trying to force bad dumb jokes way too often. I'll give it a listen, but without Sideshow and Super I'm not sure how onboard I'll be.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

ZP's heart is in the right place (and he's mostly fine as a caster), but the one time I listened to him on Sideshow's stream he felt so much like a nice-but-annoying kid trying to fit in with his older brother's friends, going off on these weird tangents and trying to force bad dumb jokes way too often. I'll give it a listen, but without Sideshow and Super I'm not sure how onboard I'll be.

If ZP just doesn't try to be Avast then he's fine. But the whole atmosphere of the Sidestreams just isn't his cup of tea. Avast is super memey but he absolutely kills me.

• Options
    For some reason it didn't dawn on me until now that this means we don't get to see New York vs Vancouver.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    ZP is great

He's like the OG Overwatch caster, him and hex were organizing the very earliest OW tourneys. Like the success of the OW competitive scene is owed in no small part to ZP. And he still does a crazy amount of casting for contenders stuff.

so like, sure he's a dork, but he's our dork

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    in avast's stream but i'm standing by for this:

ok this watchpoint bit with sideshow is fantastic

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    For some reason it didn't dawn on me until now that this means we don't get to see New York vs Vancouver.
    They better not choke again in the stage 2 playoffs

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Kana wrote: »
    ZP is great

He's like the OG Overwatch caster, him and hex were organizing the very earliest OW tourneys. Like the success of the OW competitive scene is owed in no small part to ZP. And he still does a crazy amount of casting for contenders stuff.

so like, sure he's a dork, but he's our dork

Don't get me wrong, I respect the hell out of the guy and totally recognize everything he's done for the scene. Just listening to him on those calls where everyone else is throwing out dumb silly one-liners and just going with the flow, while he's trying to set up these extended bits and weird references really wasn't my cup of tea.

Edit: And I say that as someone who has absolutely done stuff like that when I was younger, and probably still do without realizing it.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

I have no idea what's happening here

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

The Zarya tries to grav Sombra because she’s about to get EMP, but picks the wrong door.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

As I understand it, the NYXL Zarya player dropped a grav ultimate to try and trap the Seoul Sombra player for a kill (because Michelle had apparently been a nightmare with EMPs up to that point in the match), except the Sombra just used translocator to teleport away to safety before the grav could do anything. This happened as the rest of the NYXL team was piling through the doorway into the main body of the Seoul team, so a lot of people thought the NYXL Zarya accidentally fired it early.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Essentially, as long as the EMP goes off, NYE loses. If he catches the Sombra, they win. He didn't, so they lost.

• Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

As I understand it, the NYXL Zarya player dropped a grav ultimate to try and trap the Seoul Sombra player for a kill (because Michelle had apparently been a nightmare with EMPs up to that point in the match), except the Sombra just used translocator to teleport away to safety before the grav could do anything. This happened as the rest of the NYXL team was piling through the doorway into the main body of the Seoul team, so a lot of people thought the NYXL Zarya accidentally fired it early.

He didn't even need to use translocator, he just shuffled over to the other door instead of continuing forward like it looked like he was gonna. It was the right call by Zarya that just didn't work.

On a related note, this Sideshow VOD review isn't what I was expecting, but I'm here for it.

• Options
    sideshow, bren, reinforce, and super all in one room PogU

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    yayyy

was realllly feeling those wallride buffs, plus our baptiste tossed a drone onto point to help me and toasty stall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cll3N_FhYMk

oh ALSO i remembered there was a point when my usb cable got dislodged so i was stood still in the middle of that fight for a second and somehow still lived lmao

anyway i am watching the sidestream and i love these chuckleheads so much

https://clips.twitch.tv/PowerfulObliviousCarrotArgieB8

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I need to remember to not come during play days. Miles of unmarked spoilers.

• Options
    F

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Atl vs. Phi
    Ahahaha how did Boombox survive that shatter?

Baidol on
  • Options
    Holy shit Dafran is building Grav sooooo fast.

• Options
    Beating Carpe in a mirror match is always impressive.

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    One of my favourite things about this season is all the Zarya jumps every team is doing. Carpe was doing double right click jumps to get to high ground on lighthouse.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Volskaya
    The accidental solo grav on Neptuno was entertaining.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    PHL/ATL Map 3
    What a gigantic C9

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys