Options

Warmest Regards, the [job] thread

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I LOVE FIFE

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    of course you do

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Details are all sorted for the temp job, and I'll be at the library until the end of May since the permanent hire is moving from off island. Feels good knowing I'll be putting my degree to work again soon.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Today I was asked to judge whether or not a video game was suitable for my boss's 12 year old son.

Totally forgot about the sex element of the Fable series so I gave it a thumbs up. I'm also super fucking curious as to how a 12 year old gets turned onto a 9 year old game.

About 10 seconds after he had the call from (I assume) his son. I just kinda said "Oh yeah... I think there's some bangin' in that game."

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Tell him to play the Witcher next.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    I'll recommend the books first.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Now that I've finally found a product that works with my hair, and with how fast I'm dropping weight from being at the gym and you know, not downing half a fifth of scotch every night, I think in a few days I may shave the beard, style my hair up, walk into to work all suave as fuck.

You know, until I start cracking the same blend of pessimistic dad humor.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Now that I've finally found a product that works with my hair, and with how fast I'm dropping weight from being at the gym and you know, not downing half a fifth of scotch every night, I think in a few days I may shave the beard, style my hair up, walk into to work all suave as fuck.

You know, until I start cracking the same blend of pessimistic dad humor.

"I have altered my coiffure; pray I don't alter it any further."

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    LaOs wrote: »
    Man, I wish gas was under a dollar per litre. :(

yeeeup. We're at about $2.30NZD/litre right now for regular/91.

if we're lucky we get a 6 cent/litre coupon from the food shop.

Luckily since we drive minimally, we're really only filling up the car every 3-4 weeks.

That seems pretty on par with prices over here. At the moment were at about 1.40€/l which seems to be right in the middle of European prices which at the moment apparently range from 1.10€/l in Poland to over 1.70€/l in the Netherlands.

2.30 USD/gallon converts to a bit over 0.60€/l. That seems ridiculously cheap.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    This History WEST-E test-prep question has stumped me.

WEST-E-Question.jpg

A and C are pretty much the primary uses in the field though they will claim it is B.

I dunno about you guys, but I sure as shit wouldn't trust the sub with showing a video and keeping them quiet.

Also I have a class that I'm struggling with a lot, just a lot of ridiculous personalities. So I'm checking the other MESH subjects looking for advice.

Turns out, according to the EAs that are in all the classes I've got them most on lock out of everyone, and I'm just all, everyone else's lives must suck.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I want to buy an electric car.

Blame the Stonecutters for holding it back.

Oh, we do. We do.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I had a bad work related nightmare right before I woke up this morning and it has bummed me out.

Also I decided not to wear the WW1 uniform. I did not like the way the shirt and trousers looked on me. I brought the rest of the stuff to show the classes though.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Good morning job thread.

Up at 4, now sitting at the airport a comfortable hour before departure. The worst part is over, woohoo!

• Options
    Now the gate is getting crowded and loud, and someone nearby stinks.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

To be fair microwaving fish in an airport is impressive.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    OH BOY!

Our primary software is down but we still have to take phone calls!

This is pointless!

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Is microwave-fishing even legal?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Holy crap, mspaint will auto recover what you had open if your computer reboots?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

If I could just make people sit the fuck down before they get called, my airport experience would be 90% better. You are here. You have a ticket, and a seat, what in the hell is your hurry to go sit in that stale air? (The early group of "people who need more time" is 100% fine.)
    I know why they can't, but I dream of the attendants just not letting anyone on till we get our shit together. Do some group shaming.
    Southwest's method of line up, then grab a seat like a bus is still dumb, but makes the gate part tolerable at least.

• Options
    And, boarded! See you in Phoenix.

Thus ends my trilogy. Thanks to all my fans, I couldn’t have done it without you.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Three days left!

giphy.gif

I'm having lunch with my old production director from the radio station today. He heard I was about to be free agent and wanted to "sit down and see what's going on". Could be nothing, I doubt I'd go back to the radio station full time, but as a part time jock? That'd be kinda fun for a bit. I loathe being in the spotlight though, makes me feel anxious when I'm out at the grocery store.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    Man, I wish gas was under a dollar per litre. :(

yeeeup. We're at about $2.30NZD/litre right now for regular/91.

if we're lucky we get a 6 cent/litre coupon from the food shop.

Luckily since we drive minimally, we're really only filling up the car every 3-4 weeks.

That seems pretty on par with prices over here. At the moment were at about 1.40€/l which seems to be right in the middle of European prices which at the moment apparently range from 1.10€/l in Poland to over 1.70€/l in the Netherlands.

2.30 USD/gallon converts to a bit over 0.60€/l. That seems ridiculously cheap.

Y'all have taxes large enough (theoretically) to actually maintain infrastructure.

I'll take the expensive gas if I could also have bridges that don't fall down all the god damn time

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

If I could just make people sit the fuck down before they get called, my airport experience would be 90% better. You are here. You have a ticket, and a seat, what in the hell is your hurry to go sit in that stale air? (The early group of "people who need more time" is 100% fine.)
    I know why they can't, but I dream of the attendants just not letting anyone on till we get our shit together. Do some group shaming.
    Southwest's method of line up, then grab a seat like a bus is still dumb, but makes the gate part tolerable at least.

I think most people’s reasoning is that if they’re in some of the later groups, the overhead bin space becomes a lot more limited so they want to board ASAP in their group to snag a good spot

Which gets to the next pet peeve of "no that is not a reasonable carry on, let the nice attendants have it and shut up, you cheater"
    Also if you don't have a connection but clog the aisle after the plane lands, making it harder for those who do have connections I also want you strapped down.
    Flying is great, but everything around it is terrible.
    While I'm on it with my hot takes....and what's, the deal, with in flight food?!

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

I think most people’s reasoning is that if they’re in some of the later groups, the overhead bin space becomes a lot more limited so they want to board ASAP in their group to snag a good spot

Which gets to the next pet peeve of "no that is not a reasonable carry on, let the nice attendants have it and shut up, you cheater"
    Also if you don't have a connection but clog the aisle after the plane lands, making it harder for those who do have connections I also want you strapped down.
    While I'm on it with my hot takes....and what's, the deal, with in flight food?!

Or when they keep trying to shove it in because "It fit on the last flight". It's not fitting! It happens! You're not gonna make up for it by shoving even more, just hand it off and be done with it!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My wife should find out in the next day or two if she got the permanent position with the state.

If she doesn't get it...we're fucked.

Means another three steps backwards in trying to get financially stable.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Good luck!

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    @Bucketman did you break in to the Linux box?
    Professor may have been trying to bring your skills up to snuff. I'm studying for the RHCSA and one of the first things you need to learn is how to get into a machine you don't know the password for.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Three days left!

giphy.gif

I'm having lunch with my old production director from the radio station today. He heard I was about to be free agent and wanted to "sit down and see what's going on". Could be nothing, I doubt I'd go back to the radio station full time, but as a part time jock? That'd be kinda fun for a bit. I loathe being in the spotlight though, makes me feel anxious when I'm out at the grocery store.

Just wear a mask at work to hide your identity.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

On both legs of my trip last week, they started boarding priority customers first but didn't actually open the doors, so rather than boarding it turned into "priority customers now get to queue a little closer to the plane".

I'd also like to see more airlines board WilMA, but that's because I'm almost always travelling alone or with someone from work. I imagine I'd feel differently if it was a family vacation.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »

Or when they keep trying to shove it in because "It fit on the last flight". It's not fitting! It happens! You're not gonna make up for it by shoving even more, just hand it off and be done with it!

RIGHT?! Different planes have different overhead bins! Deal! Again, special circumstances (kids, medical issues, anything else that puts you into that getting on early category) excepted. You'll be fine without immediate access to everything in your bag. Just have a small shoulder bag, that's enough for a laptop, book, water bottle, snack, pills, gum, headphones, deck of cards....what else do you really need?
    David_T wrote: »

On both legs of my trip last week, they started boarding priority customers first but didn't actually open the doors, so rather than boarding it turned into "priority customers now get to queue a little closer to the plane".

I'd also like to see more airlines board WilMA, but that's because I'm almost always travelling alone or with someone from work. I imagine I'd feel differently if it was a family vacation.

Ughh that is dumb. And WilMA is FINE for families! They fall under "If you need extra time, board first" I'd even go so far as to say 2 adults per kid is allowable and won't throw a wrench in things too often at all! And if you are a group of adults...well honestly you'll all survive the 20 minutes apart. Yes you too, new couple who want to suck face the whole time.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Three days left!

giphy.gif

Just wear a mask at work to hide your identity.

"The Masked DJ" is a good persona.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Bucketman did you break in to the Linux box?
    Professor may have been trying to bring your skills up to snuff. I'm studying for the RHCSA and one of the first things you need to learn is how to get into a machine you don't know the password for.

I mean... are you allowed to bring a USB key with you cause generally the easiest way i've known to access a comp without the password is to boot to a USB stick then alter the necessary locations on the core drive to give yourself creds and then boot into the system and use the creds you just made for yourself.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    @Bucketman did you break in to the Linux box?

Nah thats our next lab. He admitted to me he forgot he set them up for our next assignment ahead of time. I did get in though...so next lab should be pretty easy.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Bucketman did you break in to the Linux box?

I mean... are you allowed to bring a USB key with you cause generally the easiest way i've known to access a comp without the password is to boot to a USB stick then alter the necessary locations on the core drive to give yourself creds and then boot into the system and use the creds you just made for yourself.

https://www.certdepot.net/rhel7-interrupt-boot-gain-access-system/

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So don't microwave fish, but can I microwave roast beef?

• Options
    Landed! Painless flight, good sleeping neighbors and I played Hexcells for two hours straight.

Now, 3.5 hours to kill. I might try and find a good napping spot at the airport.

• Options
    This airport is too busy and there are no quiet places.

Wonder how early I can check in to my hotel? Probably not before noon I’m guessing.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular

Wonder how early I can check in to my hotel? Probably not before noon I’m guessing.

Which airport? Might be able to point you to a lowkey spot, but not likely.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    expendable wrote: »

I’m in Phoenix. For now I’m just roaming around. Will prob want to grab lunch before I head out.

• Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    expendable wrote: »

I’m in Phoenix. For now I’m just roaming around. Will prob want to grab lunch before I head out.

Phoenix has been a long while for me. But IIRC the chapel is in Terminal 4? Level 2 or 3 or something. If you just want a quiet spot to chill that'd be your best bet.

I won't even try to speculate on food, it's been far too long since I've been through that one.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
This discussion has been closed.