As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Bombshell outfits suck and are the polar opposite of classy

Ashe's new skin looks like a rich fancy cowgirl and its perfect

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    If Ashe is supposed to be a southern belle, the look should have been more Antebellum era or-

Nope.

But a western-style tux would suit her pretty good.
    is tomorrow the junkrat projectile speed patch

I dunno. Maybe with a dab of probably.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    is tomorrow the junkrat projectile speed patch

I dunno. Maybe with a dab of probably.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjH1P2G3HRw&feature=youtu.be

i cant wait

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    look i know ashe is an outlaw and all but some crimes are unforgivable

the fashion police should toss her down the oubliette

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    look i know ashe is an outlaw and all but some crimes are unforgivable

the fashion police should toss her down the oubliette

zadct63c4xby.png

• Options
    edited April 2019
    3 new highlight intros but they're not up on the official site yet. One's for Hanzo at least.

Edit: it's Meme Hammond and another Doomfist intro.

Chance on
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Storm Rising is Live.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I'm out of town for a few days and I'm super sad.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It ends on a cliffhanger oh my God Blizzard

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Got Deadeye skin from the first lootbox.

noice

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Of course my first game of the event has someone who refuses to play anyone except Genji. He just sat there expecting the person who picked Genji to switch. There really needs to be a kick player vote or a timer or something. Fortunately, he only waited about 30 seconds and then left.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    25 gigs on console, well that's nice.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It's for your own good console pleb

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    new junkrat and reaper changes are also live

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I've always rocked at junkrat so changes just make him way way easier to play.
    Got all my event loot boxes from arcade so I'm gone until next event

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    It's for your own good console pleb

If it gets rid of the rubber banding I've been getting lately I'm all for it.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    It ends on a cliffhanger oh my God Blizzard

come onn blizz we only get one of these a year

also how you gonna not give us a motorcycle tracer highlight intro what the heck

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The Junk change is in, @surrealitycheck

Edit: just went through everything that's new. New (pretty good!) victory poses for Not Tracer, some good new voice lines for Not Tracer, and A TRACER SPRAY LIKE THE ICONIC BIKE SKID FROM AKIRA that I have to beat the new PvE thing on Expert to get.

You just can't make this easy on me, Blizz >.<

Chance on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    If Uprising was a 6/10 (bumped for originality), and Retribution an 8/10, Storm Rising was a 4/10. Spoilers I guess?
    no boss fight or any real sense of worry throughout, and it never felt like any of my team was in danger because Mercy is too reliable a healer. In the lore I guess you couldn't pop in Lucio or Ana or even Bridget at the time but even Baptiste would have made it somewhat more difficult against the same AI mooks from last year (only a lot dumber and less intimidating).

Maybe the All Heroes mode will be better but it all felt stale, very little team banter like Blackwatch had, and in the cutscenes they continue that silly Disneyfication notion of not having humans get killed or shot onscreen, Tracer punching instead of using guns is just, you're not even Tracering right and you are Tracer.

If this event just popped up out of nowhere I wouldn't complain, but after Retribution this is just resting on laurels and doesn't feel like they put the A-team on this event this year.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    I liked it way more than Retribution, because it's pretty much just Retribution on a different map with awesome Overwatch Adventures cartoons bookending it. Same bosses as last year, and I'm glad they weren't the Uprising bosses because God help the Winston who's going to tank into a pair of Boss Bastions.

I love that it reinforces the existence of Sojourn as a hero in this universe, and the way it ends? Chefkiss!

I know I should be past getting hyped but that was pretty hype! Tracer's parkourin' off cars and Genji's taking them out with one fan of blades and Mercy's blinding them into head on collisions and Winston's there too.

It was awesome. One season please.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    The production values are clearly improving each year, with I think the first ever in-game cutscenes this time? Makes me wonder if they're prepping for more fully fleshed co-op in a sequel. However the mission was dull and they didn't really add any new content this time like they did with the specials last year. So far their co-op missions are all really missing a hook to make them more interesting.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I haven't played this one yet, but as much as I want an actual PVE component, their actual PVE levels have been fun but pretty mindless and repetitive? I think for single player they would have to introduce a BUNCH more systems and intelligent mob AI and maybe some rpg light elements to really capture my interest. Like, I want a pve version of this world, but I'm not sure the game as it is really offers compelling, long-term potential for that without a massive revamp. I'm thinking more a non-shit Agents of Mayhem or something.

soylenth on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    I haven't played this one yet, but as much as I want an actual PVE component, their actual PVE levels have been fun but pretty mindless and repetitive? I think for single player they would have to introduce a BUNCH more systems and intelligent mob AI and maybe some rpg light elements to really capture my interest. Like, I want a pve version of this world, but I'm not sure the game as it is really offers compelling, long-term potential for that without a massive revamp. I'm thinking more a non-shit Agents of Mayhem or something.

Yeah it really needs to be an entirely new game with characters and systems not designed for PvP. Even if it were a standalone product though it would be weird to have these characters with multiple loadouts etc. You'd have to change their abilities completely. But I think they could work with it, it's not really written into the story that Winston can only use a lightning gun.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Baptiste works incredibly well for the new PVE mission in the all heroes mode. Amp matrix for the big boys, lamp for anybody caught out by one of them or by an assassin, ranged aoe healing, and decent damage for when people don't need healing.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I'm coming around on baptiste's gun. I popped a junkrat in mid-bounce as he was rocket jumping in to rain bombs on me and it was very satisfying.

(I caught him at the apex with a headshot, he was already damaged, and his self-destruct bombs fell like tears in the rain)

soylenth on
  • Options
    One interesting bit of lore confirmed in this event
    Overwatch was still in existence less than 6 years ago in game. I was under the impression it was much further in the past.

• Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    One interesting bit of lore confirmed in this event
    Overwatch was still in existence less than 6 years ago in game. I was under the impression it was much further in the past.

Well it existed when Mei was frozen, which was only 9 years ago, so not that long. And dialogue in the mission indicates that
    OW is pretty much on the bubble, with talk of the team being shut down if they don't capture Maximillian successfully.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Opened up the free event box, unpacked High Roller Hamster. Bought Socialite Ashe, and the Doomfist and Hamster highlight clips with my saved fakebux.

Well that was a nice event. Very happy with it! :D

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    I loved that Mercy was The Smart One who knew just how to treat Max at the end, but the group's concern about their strike team being disbanded kinda makes me wonder why Tracer and Mercy never had more interactions in-game before.

Like if this is the "family" Winston says was "torn apart" in the game's opening cinematic, you'd think Mercy, Tracer and Genji would have more to say to each other in-game.

But this begger's no chooser - I thought it was awesome.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Its family for winston because his only other family is a dead guy and all his super ape brothers who tore that guy limb from limb on the moon

Winston is a special case

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    We know Mercy and Genji were in contact through outside media (he would write her letters).

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    We know Mercy and Genji were in contact through outside media (he would write her letters).

Gency's been confirmed for a while - she gave him chocolates a while back too, and if nothing else he takes down two SUVs with a single flick of the wrist and instead of leaping out of the way of the crash he just holds his hand aloft to be caught by the angel he knows is gonna' save him.

"I verked fah too hahd on zat bootie to let it get blown up!"

(A gleam of light shines across zat cyborg bootie.)

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Its family for winston because his only other family is a dead guy and all his super ape brothers who tore that guy limb from limb on the moon

It's also family for Tracer - she spends Christmas with Winston.

Ahhh I'm feeling deliciously nerdy today.

• Options
    Chance wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

It's also family for Tracer - she spends Christmas with Winston.

Ahhh I'm feeling deliciously nerdy today.

IIRC there’s a scene in one of the comics (the pre-Uprising one?) where Mercy and Winston are working together in a lab while discussing Tracer’s progress.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Dispatch from the Department of Bad Ideas

Talon Soldier

Hey, if Smash Brothers can have a Piranha Plant, why can't Overwatch have its own nameless, faceless goon as a playable character?

Main Weapon: Generic machine gun. As in PvE modes.
    Alt Fire: Smoke Bomb. Creates a cloud of smoke and also produces a Talon Enforcer who brainlessly approaches and shotguns any enemies he can see. Departs automatically after 10 seconds. 20 second cooldown.
    E Skill: Call Sniper. Using a Shadow Step/Teleporter interface, conjures a Sniper who holds position and shoots what she sees for 10 seconds. 20 second cooldown.
    Shift Skill: Call Assassin. Summons an Assassin to harry the enemy team. She retreats after one cycle of her PvE attack, whether successful or not. Yet again, 20 second cooldown.
    Ultimate: You're intelligent people but I'll make it explicit anyway. It calls a heavy gunner to make mayhem for a while.

Naturally the summoned characters might need their numbers tweaked to be appropriate for PvP.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    It think to make it fun to play it'd need the Torbjorn Treatment - the summon attacks whatever target has been hit last by the player's primary fire - but if that gun is doing even Baptiste or Mercy numbers, literally all of these would be OP unless the summons do less than 50 DPS. Or less. This hero could call in an Enforcer, then as soon as they leave call in a sniper, then as soon as she's done call back the Enforcer.

That's a lot. Also we just got Bob, I really don't want another Super Turret character or hero, which this definitely is.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I logged in to play the new mission and it was super dissapointing. No new enemies or mechanics, just the same old thing on a new map.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    I urge you all to watch Hammond's Dramatic highlight intro while using his High Roller skin.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    so with the projectile speed increase the dumb vertical mineshot distance is way more usable in game

https://youtu.be/QHe03ymk_50

its so chonk

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Mercy: Genji, you're taking me on a date.

Genji: Cool.

This discussion has been closed.