As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I mean Venom spam is a legitimate list. All the venoms+ravagers+flyers is not a bad list. And it mixes with the talos/grotesque spam as well.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Right, exactly. Dark Eldar seem to have many, many competitive units in a variety of roles, the only inefficient slot is the HQs.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Venoms in Kabalites are very good but I think they're a tier below the big three, probably on about the same level as Razorwings. I definitely don't consider them a tax though.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Venoms in Kabalites are very good but I think they're a tier below the big three, probably on about the same level as Razorwings. I definitely don't consider them a tax though.

In a way this talks to the strength of the units in the DE codex that venoms which in most other codexes would easily make top tier in cost to firepower ratio are not in the top 3 in the DE codex.

I want someone to make a working wych cult list. But that is the one area that is not good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Right, they're strong but dull. You're bringing a Kabal detachment with Venoms and Ravagers, you're bringing a Coven detachment with Grotesques and Taloses. Maybe add some Razorwings. Boom, list done - and it'll win games - but there's literally no room for variation there because each subfaction has so few options per detachment slot.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

In a way this talks to the strength of the units in the DE codex that venoms which in most other codexes would easily make top tier in cost to firepower ratio are not in the top 3 in the DE codex.

I want someone to make a working wych cult list. But that is the one area that is not good.

What about 200 wyches, and like 4 Succubi?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

What about 200 wyches, and like 4 Succubi?

Why not a few beastmasters?

• Options
    So the Deathwatch Killteam came today. I only got it for the models and the terrain but now I am torn. I can build them to what the cards say I can use the other parts on the original deathwatch team I posted earlier and did nothing with [it's the metal pad/head and bolter kit} Just I don't know.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So I have 70 not broken Necron Warriors and 26 broken in various ways. I'll start the project for clear reforming limbs either this Friday or in two weeks, depends on pay checks. Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

In the mean time I made a new Space Wolves list that I want to try soon.

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [45 PL, -3CP, 905pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Operative Requisition Sanctioned [-2CP, 85pts]

Trophies of Fenris [-1CP]: Trophies of Fenris - 1 Extra Relic

+ HQ +

Wolf Guard Battle Leader [5 PL, 109pts]: Jump Packs, Storm shield, The Armour of Russ, Thunder hammer

Wolf Lord [6 PL, 124pts]: Jump Packs, Saga of the Wolfkin, Storm shield, The Wulfen Stone, Thunder hammer, Warlord

+ Elites +

Aggressors [6 PL, 111pts]: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Pack Leader
    . Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Aggressors [6 PL, 111pts]: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Pack Leader
    . Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Wulfen [22 PL, 365pts]
    . 7x Thunder hammer & Stormshield: 7x Storm Shield, 7x Thunder Hammer
    . 7x Wulfen
    . Wulfen Pack Leader: Frost claws

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [18 PL, 255pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Forge World Choice
    . Forge World: Stygies VIII

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 30pts]

Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 30pts]

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers [4 PL, 65pts]
    . Ranger Alpha: Galvanic Rifle
    . 2x Skitarii Ranger
    . 2x Skitarii Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): 2x Transuranic Arquebus

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

++ Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [43 PL, 832pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Household Choice: Questor Mechanicus
    . House Raven

+ Lord of War +

Armiger Warglaives [9 PL, 174pts]
    . Armiger Warglaive: Meltagun

Armiger Warglaives [9 PL, 174pts]
    . Armiger Warglaive: Meltagun

Knight Crusader [25 PL, 484pts]: Character (Knight Lance), Meltagun, Thermal Cannon, Twin Icarus Autocannon
    . Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer: Avenger Gatling Cannon, Heavy Flamer

++ Total: [106 PL, -3CP, 1,992pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    -

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38g5jit47s0
    Man all stations! Brace for incoming Eldar!

RumourEngine-June4-Content1ukd.jpg

That are the same designs as on some harlequin's and Eldrad's bases

• Options
    New aspect warriors? Maybe.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Considering the apparent size, I expect some kind of character modell.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Plastic Thunderhawk confirmed.

• Options
    Could also be a Slannesh character on some Eldar ruins, who knows.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Plastic Fulgrim confirmed.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Yesssss this is what i want

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

lmao like the eldar line will ever get updated

• Options
    I forgot Necron Warriors are on 32mm bases now. All 96 of mine are on 25mm. Gotta remove all those bases.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I forgot Necron Warriors are on 32mm bases now. All 96 of mine are on 25mm. Gotta remove all those bases.

You're explicitly allowed to use the bases they came with.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Only if you want to

• Options

I got base expanders for my chaos. Made life a lot easier.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

p288w8c9d04y.jpg

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

p288w8c9d04y.jpg

https://ttadapters.com/

My CSM were on 25mm bases because they are from 4th/early 5th. So I had to get them up to 32mm. I got these and and just glue them on instead of re-basing everything.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

lmao like the eldar line will ever get updated

Maybe the end times are upon us.

• Options
    edited June 2019

I got them back in 2008 or so so I don't know if that matters.

32mm bases are better for basing anyway, allows me to make it look nicer. Just a tedious project. I already cut out all the green acrylic rods.

I might check out those extenders.

Stragint on

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

p288w8c9d04y.jpg

https://ttadapters.com/

My CSM were on 25mm bases because they are from 4th/early 5th. So I had to get them up to 32mm. I got these and and just glue them on instead of re-basing everything.

Some of my black templars were on 25mm bases the glue either did not hold or decayed. I misplaced the bases because I for storage purposes broke down the various units into bags but I have no idea where I put the bases
    So I am tempted to buy some of the bases lots for various reasons

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

32mm bases are better for basing anyway, allows me to make it look nicer. Just a tedious project. I already cut out all the green acrylic rods.

Meh, I left all my warriors on 25s, but used expanders to put immortals, deathmarks, and the like on 32s. I like the look of the size differentiation between the 'basic' warriors and then everything else. Same way I left scouts on small bases, but the other marines got the upgrade.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeVKhEP1HVg

(I'd post it in the SE++ 40K thread, but I feel that, since I was the last one who posted in it, it would be gauche of me to do so.)

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    you can double post in SE dude, it's fine

• Options

Meh, I left all my warriors on 25s, but used expanders to put immortals, deathmarks, and the like on 32s. I like the look of the size differentiation between the 'basic' warriors and then everything else. Same way I left scouts on small bases, but the other marines got the upgrade.

It is nice to have that base distinction but I feel like it is really difficult for me to me an interesting base on the 25mm. I might keep them on it to save the time and effort.

• Options
    Ugh.

I need to borrow a lot of plague bearers to run some test list.

Are 54 plague bearers being supported by 30 cultist, daemon engines, and a T-Sons supreme command enough? I don't know because I own 0 nurgle daemons.

But looking at NoVA and ITC missions and how stuff is running this to me seems like it should work. Its more a derivative of the current chaos lists anyway.

Also the Chaos Knights need to come out so I decide if I am instead running one of those or not.

Damn choices.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Ugh.

Are 54 plague bearers being supported by 30 cultist, daemon engines, and a T-Sons supreme command enough? I don't know because I own 0 nurgle daemons.

But looking at NoVA and ITC missions and how stuff is running this to me seems like it should work. Its more a derivative of the current chaos lists anyway.

Also the Chaos Knights need to come out so I decide if I am instead running one of those or not.

Damn choices.

Go big or go home on plaguebearers. Play at least 60 (preferably 90) with support characters.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Ugh.

Damn choices.

Go big or go home on plaguebearers. Play at least 60 (preferably 90) with support characters.

At that point I might as well run Vesal's list. Which I know works. I am going to test with 54 (close to 60 but the points just don't fit right). I mean their job is to hold the board, get shot at, and absorb fire so the rest of the real army (LD's, Khorne Prince, T-Sons, Defilers) do the real work killing.

I just feel that chaos is in a weird space with troops. CSM are shit except for the 3 cp they can bring via Red Corsairs. Cultist are shit and really don't bring much but bodies and filling out battalions. But CSM's big stuff (LDs, Sorcs, Possessed, Greater Possessed, Abby, Chainlords, and so on) are top tier but are tend to be very CP hungry so you need to bring that red 17 or at least two battalions. And that is where Daemons fit well because daemons are damn good troops with PBs being amazing at holding things, nurglings being cheap forward denial, Bloodletters are monsters, Horrors are damn good. And their HQs are excellent.

Its just mixing it all right with in 2,000 points and 3 detachments that is hard.

Edit: This isn't a bad thing, Chaos as a faction is in an excellent spot as far as choice goes. Which is more than a lot of them can say. But with great choice comes a lot of thoughts.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I think my budy and I are starting a set of kill teams narrative play command lists for our orks/chaos games.

My starting command list is essentially snikkrot a regular boys nob, a kommandos nob, and a bunch of kommandos.

Sleep on
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    I think my budy and I are starting a set of kill teams narrative play command lists for our orks/chaos games.

My starting command list is essentially snikkrot a regular boys nob, a kommandos nob, and a bunch of kommandos.

The fantasy of what these two Kill Teams have for their motivations tickles me.

Chaos: Come brothers, we shall complete our dark works and reap immortality!

Orks: Right lads! These spikey gits are right tuff they are. Can really take a proper thumpin’ an’ that makes ‘em a good fight for us. Now let’s go crump ‘em! ‘Ere we go lads, WAAAGH!

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Sleep wrote: »

The fantasy of what these two Kill Teams have for their motivations tickles me.

Chaos: Come brothers, we shall complete our dark works and reap immortality!

Orks: Right lads! These spikey gits are right tuff they are. Can really take a proper thumpin’ an’ that makes ‘em a good fight for us. Now let’s go crump ‘em! ‘Ere we go lads, WAAAGH!

I think the narrative is literally gonna end up being like armageddon but a chaos world instead of an imperium one, almost precisely for that reason.

Like we're deep in an unending waaagh and we're picking up in the middle of it.

Sleep on
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Ork "narrative" is one of my favorite things about the faction.

Just a bunch of good natured lads lookin' for a good brawl

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    I am pretty sure there is a Waaaaagh! in the Eye of Terror or what was the Eye on a Khorne daemon planet that Khorne resurrects every day to fight again and are basically in an endless cycle of fighting. Its like Ork heaven.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »
    Ork "narrative" is one of my favorite things about the faction.

Just a bunch of good natured lads lookin' for a good brawl

Orks are secretly the heroic protagonists of the 40k universe

This discussion has been closed.