Options

Paragon [chat]

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Maids are currently cleaning my house. This luxury is going to get me eaten.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Opossums are cute af.

Those stupid giant rat ears are the best and I want to run them

They always look so grumpy too

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

i have considered this a lot lately

i can't quite justify the expense yet, but it would be so nice to have someone else do the dusting

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    D8vwKgTU0AUT06O.jpg:small

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Opossums are cute af.

They always look so grumpy too

They love to hiss like an angry cat but usually much less likely to actually do anything about it other than keep hissing.

We need more opossum love.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    21st I'm proud of you. I feel like a few years ago you would have backed down from a controversial opinion.

I don’t think “I find the designs okay” should be particularly controversial.
    It's the forums.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

i have considered this a lot lately

i can't quite justify the expense yet, but it would be so nice to have someone else do the dusting
    My mom is coming to town so we are paying for a deep clean.

But after we are paying for them to clean and dust, mostly I want to not have to clean showers and the kitchen.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I have been meaning to do this. Just to have someone who deep cleans better than I do.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i miss my possum buddy that would hang out with me on the fire escape when i went out to smoke

he's likely dead by now, it's been like 15 years

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Opossums are cute af.

God's very own, dumb looking ass screamers, bless 'em.

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

This actually looks better than the game

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I am 8000 feet above sea level

how many dead rich people are frozen in the snowpack around you

None unfortunately

Instead deer and moose randomly walk by and I’m going to see a rather famous poet’s grave later today

Are you in Estes Park or like towards like Silverthorne?

Red Feather Lakes is the area, I think

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

This actually looks better than the game

And I'm not at all saying that because I have a horrendous crush on Kate McKinnon

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    The part of Outer Wilds I find most tedious is

(This spoiler is so minor it barely qualifies as a spoiler)
    exploring caves

There's no in-cave minimap, and the in-cave environments are pretty bland

And I'm at the point of the game now where in order to progress, I have to go spelunking. I'm having much less fun with it now.

@Feral Is this at the part where you have to go into the
    Sunless City? I didn't think that part was all that bad. There's a few other cave bits but they're not too terrible.
    Like, here's my non-spoiler take away:

20ish hours into the game, I'm utterly sick of it resentfully finishing it because it does not respect your time, at all

And that's like...definitionally part of what they're doing

You have infinite time, that's the hook - and so your time is valueless

You'll die a hundred shitty times - autopilot flew you into the sun, hit a jump badly, ran out of your precious limited fuel supply, crash landed because you are racing to get back to actual new content as fast as you fucking can - and it doesn't matter since you'll just respawn again

If you're successful and getting to new content, you'll respawn and lose 20 seconds to that stupid montage just resetting your loop so you can go autopilot into the sun fucking again

I disagree hard with this! @SummaryJudgment

End game spoilers for Outer Wilds kept non specific as possible:
    Part of the point of the game's theme is that despite these time loops erasing your progress, despite dying over and over, the things you are seeing have meaning. They are worth doing even if the things you do get erased afterwards. The full on end of the game:
    is a larger picture of this. The universe ends! A new one begins! But it still matters that you got to observe the one you did. The choices that got made and the people you got to interact with still had value despite them all being completely gone now.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    The worst part about needing to edit every post you make is that your endless typos and missed words live on in every quote.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I wanna know how they are going to monetize Avengers

like are they just going to go balls out on the costumes?

• Options
    fuck

• Options
    i miss my possum buddy that would hang out with me on the fire escape when i went out to smoke

They only live a year or two

• Options
    The worst part about needing to edit every post you make is that you're endless typos and missed words live on in every quote.

right?

• Options
    The FF7 remake combat stuff looked really good and I'm very optimistic about it now.

Also you can see the materia in cloud's sword and that's fucking rad.

• Options
    CHANUS YOU FUCKER I EDITED THAT ONE SO FAST

• Options

They only live a year or two

The possum is the spirit animal of the War Boys from Fury Road

• Options
    remember the old forums where if you could edit fast enough that no one had read the page yet, it wouldn't display that you had edited the post?

i used to make a game of it for myself

• Options
    CHANUS YOU FUCKER I EDITED THAT ONE SO FAST

not fast enough!

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

None unfortunately

Instead deer and moose randomly walk by and I’m going to see a rather famous poet’s grave later today

Oh yeah you are up by the stupa. Which is still a weird ass place for a Tibetan Buddhist temple. It is real pretty up there though not a lot of humanity. Like I guess the census block puts it at like sub-1k?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    you technically got the edit in before i hit quote, but it was too late

i had seen everything

so i felt it was only fair to remove your edit and post the truth

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    21st I'm proud of you. I feel like a few years ago you would have backed down from a controversial opinion.

It's the forums.

Oh come on people said the designs looked bad and someone said they disagreed. There was no controversy and no one stood on a hill dying under a hail of insults.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    The FF7 remake combat stuff looked really good and I'm very optimistic about it now.

The combat looking good made me extra sad they aren't putting it into a game I will play.

I'm glad it looks like it might turn out well for those into it.

But the whole project is something I wish wasn't happening.

• Options

The combat looking good made me extra sad they aren't putting it into a game I will play.

Perhaps you should embrace joy and play it instead!

I'm still a little confused about what they're doing with the episodi--OH NO

OH NO WHAT IF THEY'RE DARK TOWER MOVIEFYING IT

AND YOU KILL SEPHIROTH IN MIDGAR AND THE GAME ENDS?!

• Options
    I wanna know how they are going to monetize Avengers

like are they just going to go balls out on the costumes?
    Unless they literally have their balls out of their costumes, I’m not interested.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

None unfortunately

Oh yeah you are up by the stupa. Which is still a weird ass place for a Tibetan Buddhist temple. It is real pretty up there though not a lot of humanity. Like I guess the census block puts it at like sub-1k?

Yeah I’m at the mountain center visiting a friend. A surprising amount of people live up here despite how remote it is. Several houses on the way up plus whoever is here at the mountain center.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

It's the forums.

Oh come on people said the designs looked bad and someone said they disagreed. There was no controversy and no one stood on a hill dying under a hail of insults.

*quietly puts away hail of insults*

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I like a thing and I don't like a different thing

Alt: Skub

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    chanus how is everquest going why haven't you streamed it

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

Perhaps you should embrace joy and play it instead!

I'm still a little confused about what they're doing with the episodi--OH NO

OH NO WHAT IF THEY'RE DARK TOWER MOVIEFYING IT

AND YOU KILL SEPHIROTH IN MIDGAR AND THE GAME ENDS?!

I mean it's not for me anyway. Even if it wasn't split into parts I'm not interested in replaying a story I know. That takes away the reasons I play a game like this.

But I just worry about the ramifications of this project on the games I am interested in and it makes me sad and worried because Squenix. The mere existence and success of this game could take away from my future enjoyment in my favorite franchise so it's hard not have some negative feelings towards the project.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I’m gonna need to send out resumes.

I’m not happy with our leadership team at all.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

mood

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

He will in about a month when that drop respawns

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

:(

Sucks when this has to happen.

• Options

i got bored with the progression server and moved over to a Live server. it's going alright though there aren't really other people to play with until i get leveled up

i think i don't have the will to be a professional streamer. sorry to my dozen of fans

This discussion has been closed.