Options

[Dragon Quest] XI-S on Xbox, Gamepass and PC soon

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Postgame you can use hearts to buy whatever you want directly from the buildpedia, as long as you have previously held onto it before. Be prepared to burn through all your appreciation to do so.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    As an example seeds tends to cost around 50 to 70 hearts per seed

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    In a game that lets you automate a lot of the tedious tasks (e.g., planting seeds, cooking) forcing you to go hunting for seeds or pay that many hearts per seed feels weirdly punishing.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Yeah that is worse than I ever imagined

I don't even care about food, I just want all my fields full of crops because it looks nicer. It also means I'll have to permanently remove scarecrows as soon as the tilling is done and just manually plant everything

pretty lame

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I think I'm finally satisfied with how my Furrowfield looks, and am ready to move on with the story. I did want to show off and boast about what I've built. It's not that it's at all impressive compared to some of the stuff you see online, I just feel very proud because I barely have the artistic vision to decide which two blocks to stick together, or the motivation to stick them. Something about this game just made me want to keep building, though.

Oh, do note that this technically contains spoilers on what building materials become available in Furrowfield, and what sorts of things you can build.

Here's the bird's-eye view of my village:
    i8c5dLY.jpg

I didn't want to overload you with images, so the rest of it is here: https://imgur.com/a/Jq9mznj

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I think I'm finally satisfied with how my Furrowfield looks, and am ready to move on with the story. I did want to show off and boast about what I've built. It's not that it's at all impressive compared to some of the stuff you see online, I just feel very proud because I barely have the artistic vision to decide which two blocks to stick together, or the motivation to stick them. Something about this game just made me want to keep building, though.

Oh, do note that this technically contains spoilers on what building materials become available in Furrowfield, and what sorts of things you can build.

Here's the bird's-eye view of my village:
    i8c5dLY.jpg

I didn't want to overload you with images, so the rest of it is here: https://imgur.com/a/Jq9mznj

It's possible you might have some issues shortly. Without trying to spoil too much, the entire center is going to get heavily remodeled. It stays confined to the center and is mostly vertical, but I also don't remember if it expands out a bit. The corners of those "farm skyscrapers" you got might get clipped, especially the stairwell near the tree. I might be overestimated the size, it might be fine. But just a friendly warning nonetheless.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I appreciate it! I actually got accidentally spoiled on the event that happens when I was browsing the DQB2 subreddit (in almost the same way - someone posted a screenshot with a filled-in center, and someone else gave out a warning). From what I understand, I think I'll be OK, but I'll make a save before I complete the last quests anyway.

And hell, if I'm not safe, then let the
    holy waters of creation wash away the sinners!

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I got this! Upon what page does discussion for B2 start? I don’t wanna miss a single forum tip!

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    You've got more than enough room there. I had a large bathhouse that butts right up against the edge of that "moat" and it still left a couple blocks open between.

Edit: bit and bought the season pass. More variety of tiles, yes please.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Wait what, there's a season pass?!? Take my money, please.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I just got DQXI yesterday for $21. Having fun so far!

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Wait what, there's a season pass?!? Take my money, please.

Ya, if you check the store it shows the release dates for each chunk. Some extra islands and block sets (e.g. the modernist set) and some sunglasses.

• Options
    One of the DLCs adds the mechanic of fishing to the game, as well as an island for fishing, and the ability to breed fish together.

Game, are you trying to be the only game I play for the rest of the year?

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    finally got the ability to break rock

definitely wasn't worth spending so much time on green gardens before coming to the second story island, there's far too much rock in the way on the isle of awakening

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I'm glad I chose the harder monsters Draconian Quest starting up (I'm also glad it was an option). So far I haven't had much difficulty even on this mode. I hope it gets more challenging later!

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    There's a boss in the desert town that will wreck you if you're not prepared. Don't be afraid to level grind a bit until you're about level 15 or so.

• Options
    There's a boss in the desert town that will wreck you if you're not prepared. Don't be afraid to level grind a bit until you're about level 15 or so.

I've been killing dozens of great sabrecats in the area after Erik joins your party.

• Options
    So can I visit random people's islands, of is this strictly for inviting friends?

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I did it! I completed the tutorial, only took like a couple dozen of hours
    The story is really charming and the message it brings is very positive too. There seems to be a ton of stuff waiting to be discovered, nice!

Peas on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Is there a way to quickly see how many villagers you have? Also to assign them to rooms/beds? I seem to remember that being a thing in DQB1

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    I think you get the Resident’s Register after the second story island, but I forget exactly

Iets you move people between the areas of your island. You still have to interact with signs in bedrooms to assign them to those

XBL Gamertag: Ipori
  • Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Oh, also: Be very careful where the blueprint tells you to place the nametags - it matters.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Don't remember if I saw it mentioned here: once you reach endgame (or maybe earlier, not sure) you can buy the recipe for Ward of Erdrick on Isle of Awakening. Blue gold thingy under decorations. Placing it on the ground stops monster spawns in the area - if you place it on the hairy hermit mountain it stops spawns on the entire Isle. Makes building a bit less annoying.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm taking my time with it. Only on the 2nd island right now. I'm loving this game though. And getting to the 2nd island seems to unlock a lot of really useful stuff that I will want back on Isle of Awakening.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    I'm pushing through island 3 to unlock the last of the blocks. I hated the Pyramid, and was really upset that they filled so much space with it mandatorily. I hope there is a way to break down blocks en masse beyond the 5x5x5 cube smash.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Unlocked the chisel last night. very surprised they put that behind so many objective completions cause its kinda a requirement for creative people.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    I'm pushing through island 3 to unlock the last of the blocks. I hated the Pyramid, and was really upset that they filled so much space with it mandatorily. I hope there is a way to break down blocks en masse beyond the 5x5x5 cube smash.

Later you can invite golems onto your island that are perfect for tearing down old, unwanted works, mountains, and stuff you also didn't want to break and now have to refill.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    Lop off the top of the pyramid, trowel it with gold bricks and chisel that fucker smooth. It only takes, like, two hours.

• Options
    The pyramid doesnt bother me, the lower level can be divided up easily and turned into valid rooms, and you can punch out some doors in each direction and expand rooms out from the base easily. The Castle they give you is a piece of crap that practically needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt from the start. The 'farm' area is terrible because its so hilly. I've moved every non animal character into the pyramid area for faster gratitude farming until ive unlocked everything and decide to move out later.

Anyone know how to make a hotel? I made a two story house but i cant get it to do anything.

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    The pyramid doesnt bother me, the lower level can be divided up easily and turned into valid rooms, and you can punch out some doors in each direction and expand rooms out from the base easily. The Castle they give you is a piece of crap that practically needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt from the start. The 'farm' area is terrible because its so hilly. I've moved every non animal character into the pyramid area for faster gratitude farming until ive unlocked everything and decide to move out later.

Anyone know how to make a hotel? I made a two story house but i cant get it to do anything.

A hotel is 2 basic bedrooms, and a reception area, all next to each other. I have my doubts that the game would recognize a reception on the ground floor, and 2 bedrooms above it, so you'll probably have to put it all on the same level. Basic bedroom is just 2 beds and a light source in a room. A reception area is 2 tables, a wall decoration (it says any but an inn sign for some reason did not count for it, I had to use an item literally called "Wall hanging"), 2 tabletop light sources like candles, and a specific item called Stationary.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Another room item placement quirk, I was trying to create a fancier version of the dormitory the muscle guys asked me to build in the Khurm-mining story island. Made it with silver walls and decided to build it to 4-5 wall height just so I can play with creating a roof on a building for once. For some reason I spent a while trying to figure out why it won't register as a dormitory even with everything inside. 8 beds, 3 pots, and an inn sign. I thought maybe the extra furniture/lighting to up the fanciness level to 3 stars was conflicting.

It turns out that I placed the inn sign too high up the wall. The sign must be at 2-blocks high max for it to register as a dormitory, I'm assuming door height.

• Options
    A "room" as far as the game is concerned has to fit entirely into a vertical two-block space. Anything above that might be part of the room visually to your human eyes, but the game won't register it as being part of the room. As I understand it, the door does indeed determine which two-block plane the room will be in.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Also man they did not think through the animations when villagers massage each other in the "relaxation rooms". Like there's only one type of character animation for lying on a bed.

• Options
    I never tried it out yet but apparently after the game ends you get to randomly generate an island. You get to choose the size and bio dome of the place. I wonder if you can move all the npcs and build there from scratch

• Options
    I think your misunderstanding? The randomly generated island is one of those 'explorer' islands I think that just lets you pick the size/theme so you can farm mats from it. I don't quite understand the point since all the explorere islands are randomly generated. Or maybe I have the wrong idea?

• Options
    Oh if that's the case then it's disappointing and strange then i guess

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Also man they did not think through the animations when villagers massage each other in the "relaxation rooms". Like there's only one type of character animation for lying on a bed.

Preeeetty sure they did think that through.

Enc on
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    I think your misunderstanding? The randomly generated island is one of those 'explorer' islands I think that just lets you pick the size/theme so you can farm mats from it. I don't quite understand the point since all the explorere islands are randomly generated. Or maybe I have the wrong idea?

No, you can send people to it and build on it. You can also put your little teleporter on it so other players will visit that island instead of your main hub.

Pretty sure it's specifically for just screwing around and building whatever you want on a random surface as opposed to the hub island. And not for farming because... well you can just farm on those islands themselves.

• Options
    So, little confusion. According to the store, the modernist and the second DLC were suppose to not be released for another week or so, but when i bought the season pass, everything activated. Are there more DLC to come? (Switch version)

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    If anyone cares, Dragon Quest's Hero goes up in Smash Bros. Ultimate today. He's got a wacky system where you select random spells from a menu.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293