As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Grinds measured in months and worth measured in GP.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I was able to unlock her and get 6 stars so far. My Separatists are still not that great, but I think if I shuffle some mods around I can get it done.

Edit: Update: Just beat tier 7. Used Nute Gunray as lead, put all of my best mods for speed and damage on Asajj. It still took probably 20 or so attempts, due to lots of bad RNG along the way. Got it when I had a good run. Landed lots of buff immunity and so forth. My winning team was Nute, Asajj, GG, Magna, and B2.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Somehow got her to 7*. zNute (L, G10), zGG (G10), ZVentress (G12), Sun Fac (G8), and Droidka (G7).

Got damage immunity on Droideka early on and one-shot Padme because of the speed disparity (make him as slow as possible to maximize damage). After that, took out Anakin and Fish guy by slowing their cooldowns with Nute so they couldn't heal or damage everyone. Sun Fac handled any buffs, GG would stun, and Ventress would stun or go for big damage attacks.

At the end it was Nute with a sliver of health against GK and Mace. Nute basically extorted them until they killed themselves.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I kind of want to work on g13'ing my cls team.

I assume that's gonna be what's required for Jedi luke when he finally gets here

• Options
    The good news is that Jedi Luke is far away. Or bad news depending on your point of view. Good if you want lots of time to prepare.

The rest of this year is pretty much laid out for us. We're in Clone Wars / Prequel Trilogy land up until the Episode 9 hype train starts rolling, and we'll ride out Episode 9 through the winter probably.

That honestly puts Spring 2020 as the soonest we'll see anything from the original trilogy.

• Options
    Tried the special mission with the Geonosians today and despite having all 5 characters at 6* or 7*, and all over 16,500 power, I got obliterated.

Anyone else try it?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Not yet. I'm still working on my Geos.

They were my main focus for a bit. They were really weak when I started. Like, before this Geo TB came out my Geos were all level 1, 0 gear attached, and level 1 placeholder mods. So I was starting at nothing for them. I don't have the Brood Alpha yet because my guild asked me to farm up Ebon Hawk for platoons, so I've been building that first before I work on the Alpha.

And anyway, I started working on my Geos, got them all to around G10-G11, but then I had to stop to divert some resources to Nute and GG and B2 so that I could complete the Padme event.

And now I've gone into a hoarding mode, trying to get my gear stockpile back up for Malak, because I had pretty much depleted everything building the Separatists and the Geos.

Long story short, I don't qualify for the Geo battle yet.

• Options
    Malak event is back tomorrow.

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

What? Was there a warning or announcement I missed?

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Tried the special mission with the Geonosians today and despite having all 5 characters at 6* or 7*, and all over 16,500 power, I got obliterated.

Anyone else try it?

The one with the jedi and giant monster, right?
    Mine are all g12 with a couple extra pieces and 2 zetas on alpha, and i got obliterated too.

Seems like it's tuned for whenever the level cap gets boosted.

Funnily enough the Wat Tambor mission in phase 3 is a whole lot easier.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Apostate wrote: »

What? Was there a warning or announcement I missed?

Nope.

Lets see...I need to gear 3 LS toons, finish Carth, Juhani, and Darth Karen, get Darth Revan, and gear those 6.

...I think I wont be getting Malak this time.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i finished farming Carth but Juhani, Canderous, and badstilla are just kind of screwed because they're behind my JTR farms in hard nodes and cantina

• Options
    Got him!

Using Ahnold's strat it took me about 4 tries on LS.

Making sure he doesn't flip flop back and forth on 50% health is key.

• Options
    I got him also. Fun event. Got the Dark Side in 1 go. LS took a couple resets to get the rhythm down, but it honestly wasn't bad.

Unfortunately for me, I blew all my gear raising Geos and Separatists, so I've only been able to take him to G7 so far.

• Options
    I'll check out the videos but any recommendations up front on when to destroy the mechs and jedi pods?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Malak absorbs a pod to heal himself when he drops to 50%. He always absorbs the pod that is the lowest health.

The common strategy is to let him absorb the one that gives him a buff that makes it so he cannot be critically hit. Because when he gets crit, he puts fear on the person who crits him. The common consensus seems to be it's a good trade to give up critical hits so that he doesn't fear your dudes.

Kill the other 3 pods if you can.

Keep the droids dead. Each thing you kill, pod or droid, is -3 to his stacking buff. When he gets to 30 stacks he enrages and will start 1 shotting your guys. But each stack also increases his overall strength. You want to keep his stacks low which means you always want to be killing droids.

The only time you ignore droids is at the end during the burst phase, when you're trying to burn Malak.

• Options
    Got him!

How do you keep him from flip flopping? I get him to absorb the crit hit pod, then down the rest (and the droids), but when I get him below 50%, he life steals and gets back above 50%, so it's just a slow burn until he starts killing everyone.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I'm honestly not sure what causes him to go into hyperactive life drain mode. Sometimes he did it and I wasn't able to out-DPS his self healing. On the time when I got my victory, he just kept auto attacking me each turn.

• Options
    Got him!

How do you keep him from flip flopping? I get him to absorb the crit hit pod, then down the rest (and the droids), but when I get him below 50%, he life steals and gets back above 50%, so it's just a slow burn until he starts killing everyone.
    The key for me was stacking offense on JKR, Mission, and Bastilla. I didn't worry about speed on them, just as much offense as possible.

Take away big enough chunks of life that he can't heal through it.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Is this a new background for ship battles? It looks really cool.

yvbowqzrezr0.png

• Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have room in their Guild? Preferably one that is clearing the Heroic Sith Raid regularly? I'm over 3 million GP and have strong JTR, JKR and Bounty Hunter teams along with other teams. My ally code is 684-549-522. I am active daily.

My current guild of randoms is starting to dissolve. We have never successfully cleared the Heroic Sith Raid and now are bleeding members to the point where we've missed a few Territory Wars.

XBL: Jason Marek
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Marek wrote: »
    Does anyone have room in their Guild? Preferably one that is clearing the Heroic Sith Raid regularly? I'm over 3 million GP and have strong JTR, JKR and Bounty Hunter teams along with other teams. My ally code is 684-549-522. I am active daily.

My current guild of randoms is starting to dissolve. We have never successfully cleared the Heroic Sith Raid and now are bleeding members to the point where we've missed a few Territory Wars.

Marek try to join MollyWompRats. everyone here is between 2.5 and 4.5mm. no major requirements other than getting our dailies

edit: just sent you an invite

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options

Marek try to join MollyWompRats. everyone here is between 2.5 and 4.5mm. no major requirements other than getting our dailies

Thanks Bedigunz, just joined your guild. Hope they don't immediately kick me as they did have 4 mil minimum listed on the front page... Hope to be contributing right away!

• Options
    edited August 2019

Thanks Bedigunz, just joined your guild. Hope they don't immediately kick me as they did have 4 mil minimum listed on the front page... Hope to be contributing right away!

...and I was immediately kicked. Crap. Don't suppose I could rejoin?

Edit: Yay, I'm in!

Marek on
  • Options

...and I was immediately kicked. Crap. Don't suppose I could rejoin?

Edit: Yay, I'm in!

Typically if someone doesn't make the minimum they are automatically kicked unless they know someone.

As mentioned, we're pretty chill. Get your dailies. Participate in Geo TB (we get around 17*) and TW (we typically lose these because we're paired against whale guilds). Help in HSTR, even though most of us have a 7* Traya

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    My guild is about to try hsith for the first time. I assume we'll get wrecked.

I don't even know what to do. I really only have a JKR team but it gets me top 3 on tank all the time so people might think I'm better positioned than I really am.

I'm mid farm o NS and still working on Finn/vet Han to get JTR so like do I just throw whatever teams I have at the problem and hope to help a little bit

• Options
    Let's folks with strong JTR teams take out phase one.

JKR is awesome on phase two. I just hit Auto and get 6m.

Phase three sucks.

• Options
    Phase 3 can currently be solo'd by some weird combination of Night Sisters and Anakin. I don't have a NS team strong enough to make it work but a couple guys in my guild have been doing it since the combo was discovered. It has something to do with the way Mother T's ability to bring characters back from the dead to attack works. It trigger's Anakin's free turn, and you basically just ping pong attacks. My understanding is that it essentially gives you infinite turns.

Capital Games said a long time ago that they're gonna fix it, but they haven't yet, and at this point the combo has been in the game for like 3 months or something ridiculous like that. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't just decide to leave it in at this point.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Phase 3 can currently be solo'd by some weird combination of Night Sisters and Anakin. I don't have a NS team strong enough to make it work but a couple guys in my guild have been doing it since the combo was discovered. It has something to do with the way Mother T's ability to bring characters back from the dead to attack works. It trigger's Anakin's free turn, and you basically just ping pong attacks. My understanding is that it essentially gives you infinite turns.

Capital Games said a long time ago that they're gonna fix it, but they haven't yet, and at this point the combo has been in the game for like 3 months or something ridiculous like that. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't just decide to leave it in at this point.

I actually use this tactic.

You can find videos online, but essentially you send in a single weak toon so Traya gets off her isolate right away and kills it. Then when you come in with your NS squad immediately, she can't isolate right away.

Your team should be Talzin (L), Asaaj, Daka, Initiate, and Jedi Knight Anakin.

it takes a few tries, but you need to get Traya to kill Initiate only, and then you kill all the sabers so when you stagger Traya, Initiate is dead (when Initiate dies, be sure not to kill the sabers with a basic NS attack, otherwise Initiate will revive).

While Traya is staggered, everytime you do a basic attack with a NS, Initiate will revive, hit, then die. This triggers Anakin's turn, so he'll get a bonus attack. Additionally, Asajj gets stronger everytime Initiate dies, so she gets really strong.

If you change the autobattle function to "basic attack only", you can hit auto when Traya is staggered and it'll take you to the end. I've definitely used it to take Traya down from 100% to 20% health.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEC3L-Il5-8&t=36s

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    One of these days I'll have to zeta talzin lead.

• Options
    Yeah, the NS team is in my backlog of teams I'd like to build, but haven't had the time to.

Supposedly they are really strong in the Geo TB because they do health damage with the plague, and also the AI isn't smart enough to work around the zombie revives. I need to get them up for that. The ability to solo P3 of the Triumverate would just be bonus.

• Options
    The Nightsisters were one of my first synergy teams, so they hold a special place for me. Plus, even though they are a few years old, they can still compete in GA, Geo TB, and TW.

I looked at my favorites and realized I'm now working to gear the following:

Malak (gear + shards)
    Padme
    Geonosians
    Ashoka
    Shaak Ti (gear + shards)
    T3
    B2
    B1 (gear + shards)
    Grevious
    IG-88
    L3 (gear + shards)

I blew all my omegas and zetas unlocking Malak and Padme (got her to 7* by pure luck), but now I'm running low on resources. Any advice on what to focus on? I'm trying to build a Geo team, Grand Republic team, and droid team all at once, plus getting Malak up so he can be viable in arena.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat.

Malak to G13+Fully kitted out is my highest priority right now. Beyond that, I'm looking at Padme+GR, Geos, Sep Droids, and Clones+Shaak Ti. It's a big list and a little overwhelming. Plus of course all my backlog wishlist stuff.

My general advice is really more of "this is what I'm doing and here's why."

And this is what I'm doing and here's why.

I am putting Geonosians and Separatists first, because the Geo TB is already out. We know what's needed and we can build for that. It's a tangible, achievable goal.

We know Light Side TB is coming, and we know with about 99.99% certainty that Padme+GR will be required. But we do not know specifics. Which makes everything a guess at this point, even if it's an educated guess with a near absolute certainty.

So my own philosophy is to build for what is already in the game, not what we anticipate in the future.

• Options
    Yeah I've been working on them for a while. 27/100 on zombie and 55/85 on talzin with everyone between g9-11 so far.

I use favorites to push who I'm working on to the top and right now it's a weird mix of nightsister, bistan/srp for ship, various ewok and JTR event requirements (plus RT for eventually having JTR)

• Options
    edited August 2019
    They just put up an intro/teaser for their new progression system:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212247/relic-amplifiers-the-gear-system-our-next-big-update#latest

Not really any details yet for how it will work or what's different about it, but there are at least a couple of pictures to look at for the new interface.

A quick summary:
    G13 is the last gear tier, possibly forever. After a character gets to G13, you start building their Relic equipment. Relics are designed to be the new end-game progression system going forward, and as a result they claim they will be making the path from G1-G13 smoother.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Can't wait to farm stun guns and carbanti's to upgrade relics instead of gear.

• Options
    Maybe they'll rework the daily challenges to give more than 3/20 useful gear pieces?

• Options
    Hit rank 16 tonight in Squad Arena. Best I've done since the CLS+C3PO meta.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I think auto battling desperately needs an update. Even just including two simple checks would be good. 'If team's health is greater than 80%, don't use heal abilities' and 'if target already has status effect, don't use ability that grants status effect' would go a long way. It shouldn't be like 100% optimized play, but I think the AI could be a little bit smarter with it's decisions.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I’d also think not dropping AOE as finishers against lone enemies with almost no health could be doable.

• Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Darth Revan’s back next week

I won’t be unlocking them (I still need 55 shards for Juhani, 63 for Canderous, 89 for Hot Topic Bastila and 106 for Carth) but maybe next time