Options

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I think my Beagle triggered my allergies but nobody was gonna stop me from smelling that corn chip musk while we were snuggling let alone my own body.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Ah, yes. A lab labradoodle.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Butters wrote: »
    DrCongo wrote: »
    Kaplar wrote: »
    DrCongo wrote: »
    nmw4m616dqrv.jpg
    This is Cosmo. He's seven weeks old. He's an Australian Labradoodle (I've been quite allergic to dogs and other pets most of my life). He's moving in with us on Thursday. I've never had a pet before. I am equal amounts excited and stressed out :D

I have an appealing offer for you:

Gimme.

Tell you what: if it turns out my allergy gets real bad, I'll

... probably go live in our garage so the doggo can stay

Zyrtec does wonders for my pet allergies. It doesn't help with any of the other ones but at least on bad days I can keep the dog in the house.

Yeah, I'm thinking a combo of zyrtec & nasal spray (flixonase, dunno what's the equivalent in the US) to start with, then start taking less and less if all goes well. We've gone to see the puppers a few times and I hardly got any symptoms so I'm really quite hopeful.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    collies are good and all, but they ain't shelties

I had a sheltie growing up

I almost want to get one

but maybe I'll go collie instead

I don't know so many choices!

I'm not here to say anything bad about shelties, herding dogs as a whole are pretty excellent

but

dzy0zb7rkn6c.png
    Nox agrees
    etsd1qksaszz.jpg
    eth4cahgemo6.jpg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    no stop!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    no stop!

Can’t stop won’t stop
    lkzs3e50eer6.jpeg
    j17a4m3v4hzl.jpeg

• Options
    Lab pupper meeting the lab! (As a purebred standard poodle, she is now officially known as the Labrapoodle)

00jwjghdvuuv.jpg

• Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Sooo many BOOP!s, so little time.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

I almost want to get one

I'm not here to say anything bad about shelties, herding dogs as a whole are pretty excellent

but

dzy0zb7rkn6c.png

this dog

so good

SO GOOD

There's a sheltie-collie mix in my building who has the same coloring. She's about a year old and her name is Pasta and she thinks Haechi is the best thing in the world

Which is adorable but also Haechi resolutely doesn't give a shit about 80% of other dogs, including poor Pasta

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Related

Still can't sit like a normal dog
    ygMKkHtl.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Hmmm last thing I ate? Brisket. Works well for a name all things considered.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    so many good snoots in this thread

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Related

Still can't sit like a normal dog
    ygMKkHtl.jpg

I think that kind of just plopping their bum down is a border terrier thing:

W6pZQvgl.jpg

We do monthly border terrier walks (video shot by my other half so it's portrait, sigh) on the beach here with 40 other dogs or so and at the end every one of them will either be in full sploot or plonked on their bum like that

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    Lola sorta sits like that on the couch but she'll lean into you looking for food or kisses

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    no stop!

Can’t stop won’t stop
    lkzs3e50eer6.jpeg
    j17a4m3v4hzl.jpeg

Pump it up!
    y5ssl6y6b9he.jpg
    293ga14jp1ud.jpg

Anialos on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019

I almost want to get one

but

dzy0zb7rkn6c.png

this dog

so good

SO GOOD

There's a sheltie-collie mix in my building who has the same coloring. She's about a year old and her name is Pasta and she thinks Haechi is the best thing in the world

Which is adorable but also Haechi resolutely doesn't give a shit about 80% of other dogs, including poor Pasta

This is Keegan and he loves my wife SO MUCH that whenever she's away for a weekend/day/long work shift/any work shift he gets super needy and desperate for attention

and if she's gone for longer, well

md7obvfpqg9j.png
    zle7xlokmdn9.png

end of the goddamn world

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Bodhi got another new bed today, cuz the old one that was this spot was actually getting really flat and crappy in spite of it being the second newest bed he has.

The bonus is that this one is much thicker and thus higher, putting him in easy range for pats and cuddles from couch folk.

5wyXj1X.jpg

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    There is no sunbeam too small for James to appreciate

BfJCLIc.jpg

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Bodhi got another new bed today, cuz the old one that was this spot was actually getting really flat and crappy in spite of it being the second newest bed he has.

The bonus is that this one is much thicker and thus higher, putting him in easy range for pats and cuddles from couch folk.

5wyXj1X.jpg

I know Bodhi is a big fella already, but I love that the perspective of this photo makes him look ENORMOUS

• Options
    Zig doing a very normal sleep

lqx3c2i2bc3l.jpg

• Options
    7w339tqnp2je.png
    So, we brought Cosmo home yesterday. First thing he did was show his new tiger friend who's boss.

• Options
    oh my goooood tigerpop

Labrapoodle is having her first half day at the lab. She's a little worried by the number of people but has now settled down for a snooze somewhere inconvenient
    b2bbx8grcj6i.jpg

• Options
    We had one puppy that completely fell in love with a giant stuffed bear we had for the puppies to play with from the first day she saw it
    8oz3faqdbvgw.png
    vxyrgielqoh9.png

so when the time came for her to go to her new family, there was no question the bear had to go with her, and the pictures they've sent since confirm it was absolutely the right call
    e6p8hwsiaxsb.png
    ou1axva59fez.png

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    oh my goooood tigerpop

Labrapoodle is having her first half day at the lab. She's a little worried by the number of people but has now settled down for a snooze somewhere inconvenient
    b2bbx8grcj6i.jpg

Yeah, we prepared a nice safe nook in our living room with a few towels etc for Cosmo so he could go there when he needed to rest and relax. So, naturally he prefers to crash in the middle of the floor.

• Options
    She's moved behind my chair now and I've become your basic "cat is on my lap can't move" type person. I cannot leave my desk, even to pee - puppy is sleeping.
    this could do wonders for my productivity, mind you.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    oh my goooood tigerpop

b2bbx8grcj6i.jpg

In LP's defense, there's very clearly a dinosaur occupying the pillow that I assume was meant to be a less inconvenient napping location.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    see317 wrote: »
    oh my goooood tigerpop

b2bbx8grcj6i.jpg

In LP's defense, there's very clearly a dinosaur occupying the pillow that I assume was meant to be a less inconvenient napping location.

Bodhi does this thing where if there are any toys on the middle of his bed (even if he himself put them there), he won’t lie on them. Either he’ll go lie down elsewhere, or he’ll lie down in a complicated pretzel format on that bed to avoid lying on the toys, OR he’ll stand next to the bed, stare at us, and whine in a is-this-what-passes-for-service-in-this-establishment way until we move them out of his way.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    My dog didn't care what was on her bed, she'd lay right on top of all her toys. Some dogs be like this, some dogs be like this.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    well

Shadow is down to 2.5kgs. She's lost her appetite again. She's back to hiding in the closets.

Vet basically has said that we can either watch the slow trainwreck happen, or we can help the train pull into the station.

So, sometime this week coming, I need to make time to say goodbye to my good girl.

I am not coping well.

• Options
    Zig doing a very normal sleep

lqx3c2i2bc3l.jpg

looks perfectly normal to me
    hwbcdzs2jowl.png

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    well

Shadow is down to 2.5kgs. She's lost her appetite again. She's back to hiding in the closets.

Vet basically has said that we can either watch the slow trainwreck happen, or we can help the train pull into the station.

So, sometime this week coming, I need to make time to say goodbye to my good girl.

I am not coping well.

Oh, I'm sorry.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Thanks.

She had been doing better so I was feeling optimistic.

But I think this is the cliff we were trying to avoid.

• Options
  • Options
    a problem? more like a solution

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    She's a fourfooted garbage disposal.

• Options
    floor cleaning is the best reason to keep a dog after all the other best reasons

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    The group we adopted our greyhound through just posted up some more pics of other dogs that need homes. Pretty sure I've never seen one with brindle patches like this Good Boy before and I want to snug him so bad.
    f98qk6h79fxm.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    a problem? more like a solution

Problem is an insufficient supply of egg shells.

• Options
    McFodder wrote: »
    The group we adopted our greyhound through just posted up some more pics of other dogs that need homes. Pretty sure I've never seen one with brindle patches like this Good Boy before and I want to snug him so bad.
    f98qk6h79fxm.jpg

Speed holes.