As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I honestly feel like scouts are in an ok place in PvP but they need a real look in PvE. I think they need to differentiate the archetypes a little better, 180s are in a very weird place.

I want rapid fire pulses to get a buff in PvP but only because I enjoy using them and they just aren't there right now.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    For Erentil, I don't want a nerf. If anything, a range nerf is fine.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Ooh, speculation for sandbox changes and weapon predictions for today's TWAB - GO

Nerfs -
    Recluse nerf - it's absolutely got to happen
    Erentil
    Some sorta hand-cannon tweak

Buffs -
    Scouts / Autos buff - seems like it'll happen since they are some of the least used archetypes
    Tarrabah - I don't even have one, but I pray for a buff when I eventually do get one in 2021
    Sniper precision damage - Go Go Gadget Izanagi's Burden

Pinnacles -
    Crucible Sword
    Vanguard Sidearm
    Gambit Scout

Or maybe just 3 handcannons cause Destiny.

Hopes and dreams -
    A Lumina Buff
    A Redrix buff
    An exotic sword that will trigger your melee ability when it is charged (yes I have no idea how this would work for some melee abilities, whatever, Bungie will figure it out)

https://dm.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/cy6z99/crucible_changes_at_pax/

Regarding Redrix, it sounds like the whole archetype will get buffed.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48141
    Ricochet Rounds
    Removed the hidden bonus to damage falloff

So long.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Oh fuck yes on that Sunshot mag buff

Oh my lawd Crimson might be good now??

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Submachineguns
    PvE damage increased by 22.5% against minor/major combatants

And no announced nerf to Recluse. Unless something else is coming, I guess you can keep on Reclusing if that’s what you’re into.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Submachineguns

And no announced nerf to Recluse. Unless something else is coming, I guess you can keep on Reclusing if that’s what you’re into.

Jesus, Recluse is gonna be the only weapon worth using in PvE.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    seems weird that they're buffing basically every damage archetype to minors? seems weird why they would do that when basically every minor dies in a single headshot anyway- a lot will die to body shots now too?

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    seems weird that they're buffing basically every damage archetype to minors? seems weird why they would do that when basically every minor dies in a single headshot anyway- a lot will die to body shots now too?

Maybe it's to help underleveled World First stuff

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    The great scout rifle boost where they were given a slightly larger boost than every other weapon got, except only against some enemies and we ain't telling you which ones.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Submachineguns

Jesus, Recluse is gonna be the only weapon worth using in PvE.

Recluse actually did eat a pretty substantial stealth nerf with the change to Ricochet Rounds, its effective range is likely to be noticeably shorter now. Combined with the across the board buffs, basically any weapon class will be great for mook-clearing now and there are already better weapons for killing orange bars or huge clumps of enemies. Recluse is still going to be great and people who just google "destiny 2 pve meta build" are still going to screech about how it's the only primary you should ever equip but I disagree with the idea that it will be the only good PvE primary.

Also a big part of Recluse's current meta status is that Menagerie and Crown of Sorrow both largely take place in tiny little arenas. If we get larger, more open areas to fight in you'll see it tank because its range is so piddly.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The great scout rifle boost where they were given a slightly larger boost than every other weapon got, except only against some enemies and we ain't telling you which ones.

I actually think the scout buff is pretty substantial because the biggest issue with most of them now is that you headshot something and it wanders away with a sliver of health. Making them consistently 1tap will be a big boost to their TTK.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

I actually think the scout buff is pretty substantial because the biggest issue with most of them now is that you headshot something and it wanders away with a sliver of health. Making them consistently 1tap will be a big boost to their TTK.

I dunno. I don't mind using them for killing red bars right now. The issue is if a yellow comes along you had better have packed a lunch, dinner and some snacks because you'll be plinking forever. I get that primaries aren't how you want to deal with them but Scouts are just pathetic at it unlike most primaries.

• Options
    taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Bungie is blocked at work, can someone copy and post the patch notes from TWAB here?

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    The massive PVE damage boost is complete bananas. Unless there is some other mystery like a coefficient that affects damage everywhere, or now enemies will also do more damage, or they want to compensate for losing on scavenger perk... I dunno these updates seem just weird, especially after the other PVE nerfs.

Or maybe we find out it was just .4%

• Options
    Just a preview now but this is what they put up:
    Weapon Changes - General
    Weapon mods are now treated as reusable unlocks instead of consumables. Any mods you have in your inventory will be converted to unlocks
    This gives players the opportunity to play with different mods more frequently
    If the only copy of a mod you have is already in a gun, you will need to reacquire one to unlock it
    Auto Rifles
    PvE damage increased between +30% and +25% depending on combatant rank
    Bows
    PvE damage increased by +31% against minor enemies, and +26% against major enemies
    Fixed an issue where bow draw times were displayed incorrectly in the inspection screen
    Hand Cannons
    PvE damage against minor enemies increased by 30%
    Lightweight and Adaptive hand cannons use a new firing animation while aiming down sights
    This change was made to increase weapon accuracy when firing these weapons as fast as possible
    Ex: Currently, players can shoot faster than the recoil animation of 140/150 archetypes – so while the handcannon looks to have fully reset from recoil, the following projectile will be shot as if the weapon was still in a recoiled state.
    Reduced the effect the range stat has on damage range falloff (effective range) for this weapon archetype
    Machine Guns
    PvE damage against minor enemies increased by 25%
    Increased the effects of damage range falloff on this weapon archetype
    Pulse Rifles
    PvE damage against minor enemies increased by 28%
    Increased the effects of damage range falloff on this weapon archetype.
    Archetype specific damage changes (impacts both PvE and PvP gameplay)
    Rapid-Fire Pulse Rifles now deal 14/23.8 base/precision damage (Previously 13/21.4)
    High Impact Pulse Rifles now deal 21/33.6 base/precision damage (Previously 20/32)
    Scout Rifles
    PvE damage increased between +36% and +18% depending on combatant rank
    Sidearms
    PvE damage increased to minor and major combatants by 16%
    Sniper Rifles
    PvE damage increased by +47% against minor enemies, +20% for others
    Exotic sniper rifle perk damage bonuses have been modified to compensate for this change and they will not receive the full benefits as a result
    Submachineguns
    Aggressive Frame
    Removed the intrinsic effect of "Deals bonus damage at close range."
    This bonus was 10%, but was unintentionally always active
    The bonus damage has been moved to the base damage for 750 RPM Submachineguns, resulting in no damage change
    As a result, Tarrabah and The Huckleberry gain 10% damage in both PvE and PvP

Exotics
    Sweet Business
    Increased magazine size from 100 to 150.
    Increased PvE damage by 15%.
    High Caliber rounds have been replaced with Armor Piercing rounds.
    Damage changed to 15/21.2 base/precision (Previously 13.21/21.14)
    This weapon no longer requires you to be firing when you pick up ammo to have it automatically reload.
    Graviton Lance
    PvE damage increased by 30%
    Sunshot
    Increased magazine size to 12
    Vigilance Wing
    PvE damage increased by 25%
    Crimson
    Damage changed to 19/30.5 base/precision (Previously 13.76/24.75)
    Fixed an issue that was causing this weapon to deal higher flinch than intended
    Merciless
    Fixed the missing aim assist stat for this weapon
    Ace of Spades
    Memento Mori's damage bonus is now affected by range falloff
    Lumina
    Noble Rounds should apply their buff to allies more reliably now
    The Colony
    "Serve the Colony" now functions as Auto Loading Holster does

Perks
    Subsistence
    Reduced the impact of this perk on total reserves
    Ricochet Rounds
    Swashbuckler
    Perk now activates when getting a kill with Ball Lightning
    Grave Robber
    Perk now activates when getting a kill with ranged melee abilities (ie: Ball Lightning, Explosive Knife)
    One-Two Punch
    Reduced the effectiveness of stacking One-Two Punch and Cross Counter (Liar's Handshake)
    Ex: Players won’t be able to defeat Riven in less than three seconds after Shadowkeep launches using the combo of One-Two Punch and Liar's Handshake, but we know many of you will try other builds… and potentially even succeed.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I am sad about the Hand Cannon range nerf.

This is a very similar route to how they changed them in the first game and they never felt as good to use afterwards.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    I'm really curious how meaningful the buffs to rapid fire and high-impact pulse rifles will be in PvP. I have a Claws of the Wolf that I would love to take out again, and maybe Redrix could be relevant for the first time ever?

• Options
    Just a preview now but this is what they put up:
    Weapon Changes - General
    Weapon mods are now treated as reusable unlocks instead of consumables. Any mods you have in your inventory will be converted to unlocks
    This gives players the opportunity to play with different mods more frequently
    If the only copy of a mod you have is already in a gun, you will need to reacquire one to unlock it
    Auto Rifles
    PvE damage increased between +30% and +25% depending on combatant rank
    Bows
    PvE damage increased by +31% against minor enemies, and +26% against major enemies
    Fixed an issue where bow draw times were displayed incorrectly in the inspection screen
    Hand Cannons
    PvE damage against minor enemies increased by 30%
    Lightweight and Adaptive hand cannons use a new firing animation while aiming down sights
    This change was made to increase weapon accuracy when firing these weapons as fast as possible
    Ex: Currently, players can shoot faster than the recoil animation of 140/150 archetypes – so while the handcannon looks to have fully reset from recoil, the following projectile will be shot as if the weapon was still in a recoiled state.
    Reduced the effect the range stat has on damage range falloff (effective range) for this weapon archetype
    Machine Guns
    PvE damage against minor enemies increased by 25%
    Increased the effects of damage range falloff on this weapon archetype
    Pulse Rifles
    PvE damage against minor enemies increased by 28%
    Increased the effects of damage range falloff on this weapon archetype.
    Archetype specific damage changes (impacts both PvE and PvP gameplay)
    Rapid-Fire Pulse Rifles now deal 14/23.8 base/precision damage (Previously 13/21.4)
    High Impact Pulse Rifles now deal 21/33.6 base/precision damage (Previously 20/32)
    Scout Rifles
    PvE damage increased between +36% and +18% depending on combatant rank
    Sidearms
    PvE damage increased to minor and major combatants by 16%
    Sniper Rifles
    PvE damage increased by +47% against minor enemies, +20% for others
    Exotic sniper rifle perk damage bonuses have been modified to compensate for this change and they will not receive the full benefits as a result
    Submachineguns
    Aggressive Frame
    Removed the intrinsic effect of "Deals bonus damage at close range."
    This bonus was 10%, but was unintentionally always active
    The bonus damage has been moved to the base damage for 750 RPM Submachineguns, resulting in no damage change
    As a result, Tarrabah and The Huckleberry gain 10% damage in both PvE and PvP

Exotics
    Sweet Business
    Increased magazine size from 100 to 150.
    Increased PvE damage by 15%.
    High Caliber rounds have been replaced with Armor Piercing rounds.
    Damage changed to 15/21.2 base/precision (Previously 13.21/21.14)
    This weapon no longer requires you to be firing when you pick up ammo to have it automatically reload.
    Graviton Lance
    PvE damage increased by 30%
    Sunshot
    Increased magazine size to 12
    Vigilance Wing
    PvE damage increased by 25%
    Crimson
    Damage changed to 19/30.5 base/precision (Previously 13.76/24.75)
    Fixed an issue that was causing this weapon to deal higher flinch than intended
    Merciless
    Fixed the missing aim assist stat for this weapon
    Ace of Spades
    Memento Mori's damage bonus is now affected by range falloff
    Lumina
    Noble Rounds should apply their buff to allies more reliably now
    The Colony
    "Serve the Colony" now functions as Auto Loading Holster does

Perks
    Subsistence
    Reduced the impact of this perk on total reserves
    Ricochet Rounds
    Swashbuckler
    Perk now activates when getting a kill with Ball Lightning
    Grave Robber
    Perk now activates when getting a kill with ranged melee abilities (ie: Ball Lightning, Explosive Knife)
    One-Two Punch
    Reduced the effectiveness of stacking One-Two Punch and Cross Counter (Liar's Handshake)
    Ex: Players won’t be able to defeat Riven in less than three seconds after Shadowkeep launches using the combo of One-Two Punch and Liar's Handshake, but we know many of you will try other builds… and potentially even succeed.

Thank you! and honestly I don't have really any complaints with any of this. lol I will say really hyped about that Graviton buff, I fucking love that gun and it kinda just fell to the vault due to the potency of other guns, but now... lol

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    For anyone who wants to check which weapon mods they're missing, I put together a complete list of them (there are 16):

Gunsmith Mods (9):
    • Backup Mag
    • Boss Spec
    • Counterbalance Stock
    • Freehand Grip
    • Icarus Grip
    • Major Spec
    • Minor Spec
    • Radar Tuner
    • Targeting Adjuster

Black Armory Mods (6):
    • Dragonfly Spec
    • Quick Access Sling
    • Radar Booster
    • Rampage Spec
    • Sprint Grip
    • Surrounded Spec

Last Wish Mods (1):
    • Taken Spec

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

Y'all knew there was a catch. This seems... dumb?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options

Whats this say? I cant see it at work

• Options
    good to see that bungie is still best in the business at confusing and nonsensical patch notes

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Minor enemies no longer take double damage from precision shots.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Interesting change. Stealth buff to stuff that can't deal precision damage, and to people like me who are ass at hitting headshots.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

This week: We're buffing every primary weapon by 30% damage
    Next week: We're buffing every minor and major enemy by 30% health

• Options
    edited September 2019
    it sounds like what they're saying is previously all weapon types had a unique bonus percentage for precision damage in PVP, majors and bosses

whereas against minors it was just a straight doubling of the normal damage

in shadowkeep the formula will be the same for all enemy types

that's my interpretation but who the fuck knows honestly

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    taco543 wrote: »

Minor enemies (Rank-and-File) no longer take more precision damage than other enemies.
    These enemies previously took twice as much damage to their precision hit locations than enemies of higher ranks.
    You will still deal precision damage, but this is now entirely dependent on the weapon, as it is for higher ranked enemies.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Poor sweet scout rifles, someday your day will come.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Oh I didn’t realize there’s no way I can ever get recluse since I didn’t play during season of the drifter, that’s super cool and fun

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    Oh I didn’t realize there’s no way I can ever get recluse since I didn’t play during season of the drifter, that’s super cool and fun

?

You can still get Recluse. It's not going away.

• Options
    taco543 wrote: »

Minor enemies (Rank-and-File) no longer take more precision damage than other enemies.
    These enemies previously took twice as much damage to their precision hit locations than enemies of higher ranks.
    You will still deal precision damage, but this is now entirely dependent on the weapon, as it is for higher ranked enemies.

oh, I don't know what to think about this, in one way that's lame, but in another they just buffed guns pretty drastically. So I'll go with meh lol

• Options

?

i'm pretty sure if you didn't accept the quest during that season there's no way to get the pinnacle weapon

• Options

?

i'm pretty sure if you didn't accept the quest during that season there's no way to get the pinnacle weapon

Shax still has it on my characters though I think I may have accepted and abandoned it during that season. I know I got Delirium but don't think I took the quest during that season.

• Options
    You should be able to pick up any Pinnacle quest from any of the characters that offers it still. None of them should be unavailable.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    My buddy just got recluse and hasn’t played since forsaken dropped
    And he just owns base d2 no dlc or sesson

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ah... i couldn't find the mountaintop quest anywhere and i assumed i missed it :arrow:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    The mountaintop quest is called something else, and it's tracked via a triumph. It makes it kinda hard to track since you have to check triumphs, not the Pursuits page.

Edit: It's called "The Ascent" and the second part is called "In Pursuit of Honor"

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I was about to post wondering wtf was going on with all the PvE buffs and expecting they were a reaction to some unnamed stealth buff to all enemies. And then they post that.

On Reddit they slightly clarify:
    Ultimately, all of the weapon buff numbers you see listed in the TWAB against minor enemies will counteract this global nerf.

I still can't quite parse the patchnote on this but I think it says that red bars took additional precision damage and now they take a smaller amount dependant on the weapon. But maybe they just used to take a standard percentage and now it's per weapon? Who the fuck knows, these patch notes are always terrible.

I do wonder if the weapon-specific crit-damage modifiers will end up as buffs and nerfs to various types of weapons anyway. Hopefully it helps scouts out some.

It also seems like it might be a buff to our damage to majors and the like compared to red bars? Like either red bars will be harder to kill or majors easier?

shryke on