As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Squad sub leaders!

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    The sets in Icebourne are so much better. Also the skills are crazy good in some of these sets.

The weapons though...

8hgmrgewe5tj.png

What they did to the Narga duals sparks anger.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    World's weapon designs were criminally bad in the base game too.

It's especially egregious when you see lance get fancy unique shield and then the same gunlance is just pasted on. That actually takes MORE effort than just reusing the same shield (which has been done plenty before, but is quite forgivable).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Man, it's hard to overstate how much better the defense of Seliana mission is to the similar "defend the wall" quest in the base game.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Wow, resuscitate is pretty good in iceborne, yeah???

I've been using a weird high affinity build (crit eye+7 and weakness exploit+3 on something with 20% base affinity) but wanted to replace the Nightshade Paolumu hat. I needed something with 1 rank of weakness exploit and two gem slots, or anything with three gem slots...and then I built the fulgur anjanath helm which has weakness exploit +1 and resuscitate alongside two slots...

Iceblight doesn't even matter anymore! This is so satisfyingggg

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    yea, that skill family, (if you have blight, red health etc.) is pretty great economically value especially since so many of the elders inflict a status easily or have annoying chip damage mechanics.

AT luna was way easier when i slotted in resuscitate and the red health one. it was basically always active and gave me a nice little attack boost

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Man, it's hard to overstate how much better the defense of Seliana mission is to the similar "defend the wall" quest in the base game.

I ran into a rather severe bit of bullshit though near the end of it.
    When they have you running back to fuel up the Dragonrazer. As I was running to get the fuel, Velkhana did its breath attack, which went through the gate and killed me. And this was before the gate dropped. So I basically died to an attack I had zero chance of seeing and reacting to. Boy was I pretty cheezed off about that.

Otherwise the whole thing was great. My one regret was finding the gatling gun on tracks in the back of the arena a bit too late. I only got to use the thing once before the next phase started. I wish some arena quests took place there so you could play with it some more.[.spoiler]

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Fun time clips!

The reason we play MH in groups:

This was a one-faint investigation:

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Ill be picking this up in a week or so, once my Path of Exile addiction wanes

is the Tiggy GS righteous?

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Ill be picking this up in a week or so, once my Path of Exile addiction wanes

is the Tiggy GS righteous?

looks like acidic glav or final boss GS are the go-to options as overcoming negative affinity is very difficult now, but you do you of course

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    is the final boss GS as good as GU's final boss gs

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options

No idea I didn't play GU that far. Acidic Glav and Final Boss GS both hit purple with 5 handi. Glav has more raw but you have to do protective polish build, final boss you can do a masters touch build instead.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular

It’s very pokey. You should be happy.

• Options
    :DDDDDD

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options

It’s very pokey. You should be happy.

supposedly great for a lot of things

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Haha I am going to say with the way they have treated bringing back some old faves in Icebourne that if they are the benchmark, Rajang is going to be a nightmare fuel.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    sometimes i hate being a switch axe guy

but a good switch axe run feels good as shit when you get one

• Options
    Switch Axe has a great sword

its a good weapon

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Something I'm wondering about... I've gotten "slinger sniper" twice now on a hunt where I didn't fire the slinger once.

I think it's counting either my glaive pheromone shots or it counts each time I use slinger ammo to buff my kinsect?

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i've gotten "slinger sniper" from using it in greatsword combos, so... it's not very specific, nope.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Hmmmm crit eye +4, attack up +4, weakness exploit +3, evade window +5, resuscitate, free meal, Elementless boost, airborn, Nargacuga Essence and Anjanath Dominance....AND it looks good

Edit: Set is Fulgur Anja b helm, Fulgur Anja a waist, Narga Chest, Legs, Gloves (dont remember which version), Attack up +3 charm, Odagoron IG, and then decos for the rest

Arch on
  • Options
    I also have my eyes on the Ebony Odogaron Glaive. I don't usually like elemental weapons but the glaive has high affinity, decent raw, huge white sharpness, and more importantly the glaive has a skill that makes your kinsect active both buffs (increased kinsect stamina and damage) from one slinger ammo, which is huge

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So I got this on the weekend and been going through slowly, doing some main quest stuff and some grinding. I don't know how much time I've spent just staring at the massive new weapon tree trying to figure out which Switch Axes I should even bother trying to make.

I got the Pukei one for the white sharpness and have mainly been using that, so I figured I'd just upgrade it for the damage increase which requires Rath Surspikes, I think their called? From tail carves. So the first Rathian I killed I carve a cortex from the tail. The second tail carve gives me a mantle. Ah Monster Hunter how I've missed you.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    rathian tails are full of hate

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    DeMoN wrote: »
    So I got this on the weekend and been going through slowly, doing some main quest stuff and some grinding. I don't know how much time I've spent just staring at the massive new weapon tree trying to figure out which Switch Axes I should even bother trying to make.

I got the Pukei one for the white sharpness and have mainly been using that, so I figured I'd just upgrade it for the damage increase which requires Rath Surspikes, I think their called? From tail carves. So the first Rathian I killed I carve a cortex from the tail. The second tail carve gives me a mantle. Ah Monster Hunter how I've missed you.

If I'm grinding for gear I tend to put the Plunderblade on the palico to help out. I also use Tailraider safaris in a pinch.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    BTW, the new grimalkyne research photos are lovely, kinda hoping they throw more out there. At the moment there's only a handful for each species.

And speaking of them, has anyone gone deep into the wampum you can do with them in Iceborne and if the trade or treasures you can find are worth the effort?

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    I swear the latest updated downgraded the image quality on the Framerate option.

Also - any way to get Elementless gems on Master Rank, or do i need to grind out some HR stuff and hope for it?

3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • Options
    Koldanar wrote: »
    I swear the latest updated downgraded the image quality on the Framerate option.

Also - any way to get Elementless gems on Master Rank, or do i need to grind out some HR stuff and hope for it?

I've gotten two as drops from just doing story hunts at MR, so it's definitely possible

• Options
    Survey for Iceborne, probably not a bad idea to put in a word or two for transmog/weapon designs: http://ark.ccib.sgizmo.eu/s3

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    If I want to run this on a lower end PC, is the Special K mod tool still necessary to keep from cooking my shit? Anything else that might prop up older equipment?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm still running the Special K mod since I haven't heard of any changes to the game's threading, plus the color changes it makes are really nice. I'd assume the rest would be lowering graphic settings.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Quiotu wrote: »
    BTW, the new grimalkyne research photos are lovely, kinda hoping they throw more out there. At the moment there's only a handful for each species.

And speaking of them, has anyone gone deep into the wampum you can do with them in Iceborne and if the trade or treasures you can find are worth the effort?

I still have five to photos to complete and they are very cool but I am finding one or two tricky.

As for the treasures and if they are worth it I couldn’t tell you as I haven’t started it yet but it’s linked to an achievement. I imagine there is most likely a set unlocked as well.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I got the base game on PC for my birthday, and I'm having overall fun so far, but the unending deluge of Jagras can fuck off.

• Options
    Soloed Velkhana and Vaal, finishing both of them with the downward stab of the glaive and now I'm on MISSION to end all elders with this move

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Soloed Velkhana and Vaal, finishing both of them with the downward stab of the glaive and now I'm on MISSION to end all elders with this move
    dang you're further in the main quest than i am now

• Options
    Just fought Kushala for the first time in Iceborne (2 faint investigation), I made a dumb mistake and fainted once, but overall the fight was pretty manageable with lance. I made him go to his lair, sleep bombed him and thought "This was less worse than I remember", but of course he then spawns all the tornadoes, hits me into one, and then I bounce from it to another over and over and fail the mission right at the very end.

I was livid.

• Options
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Just fought Kushala for the first time in Iceborne (2 faint investigation), I made a dumb mistake and fainted once, but overall the fight was pretty manageable with lance. I made him go to his lair, sleep bombed him and thought "This was less worse than I remember", but of course he then spawns all the tornadoes, hits me into one, and then I bounce from it to another over and over and fail the mission right at the very end.

I was livid.

thats the worst. the rubber banding in this game does seem to happen on stuff like that.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    I just saw what the "Challenge Quest 1: MR Expert" mission added today has you fighting.

Didn't know that monster was in Iceborne.

I'm not entirely sure it's a good thing.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    The way Velkhana affects the environment is cool, but such a pain in the butt.

Also: What lance are folks enjoying atm? I've kept it simple so far and just maxed the Chroma Drill, but I crave variety.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I am excited, I finally got this to run on my PC last night. Also, man having to hit two buttons for a dragonpiercer is a little weird... Maybe I'll try and set up a thumb button macro.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    I am excited, I finally got this to run on my PC last night. Also, man having to hit two buttons for a dragonpiercer is a little weird... Maybe I'll try and set up a thumb button macro.

thats to prevent you from using it since it is terrible

camo_sig.png