Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah, they're just random drops. I've finished the main story stuff but only had one drop so far.

Also man, the lowest nightfall tier is way easy. Recommended level is 750, aka 0, aka lower than basically every story mission.

Also also Banshee's Risk Reward quest, easier than I'd thought since I'd assumed it was still vanilla style nightfall
    Has some story stuff talking about Cayde.
    Gets you a RiskRunner, which initially we were all like, ugh I already had this. But also includes the catalyst. So that makes up for it. And the leveled up catalyst increases the range bar by like 40%.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I started the original campaign again, got just far enough in to remember "oh yeah, that's what all that is" and then bailed and started Curse of Osiris instead, seems cool so far

I heard bows were a thing now. Can I expect to get them as random drops, or only from specific content? (Do I need to buy Forsaken or Shadowkeep to get them?)

Bows should be available to everyone afaik

You can for sure get an exotic one from the Black Armory stuff
    You can't get the exotic one if you don't have black armory, though. Outside of stuff like that yeah, you can get bows in the free version.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    bows are available to everyone but only from the content you own. Black Armory is a good example, but there are some forsaken bows that you won't get without forsaken (I think this is how this works but could be v wrong)

• Options
    Ubik wrote: »
    so i'm hopping back into this after being away a while

is there a way to sort my vault by weapon/item type? am i just blind?

yes there is it's called "use a third party tool" hehehehehehehe

destinyitemmanager.com

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Is DIM still broken?
    I haven't been able to use it for a couple of days

Also, I had the catalyst for Ace of Spades drop in a strike.

This has reminded me that Ace of Spades is a really cool gun.

• Options
    been working for me since late thursday

I use beta.destinyitemmanager.com though maybe that's why

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I started the original campaign again, got just far enough in to remember "oh yeah, that's what all that is" and then bailed and started Curse of Osiris instead, seems cool so far

CoO is good but just keep in mind this was D2's first DLC so it's gonna have it's rough spots. Mainly that there's no Sparrow-use on Mercury (though there are spots that'll fling you to other spots in the map) and that a lot of the story and it's post-plot play revolve around the Infinite Forest so you'll be going in there a LOT. Once you beat CoO's story, the three Adventures offered afterward and then one of the Heroic variants of said Adventures, you can start earning the Lost Prophecy weapons set, a bunch of cool looking Legendary guns that have neat lore attached to each. Earning half of them starts another special quest involving the missing Titan Saint-14 and once you get them all, you'll earn CoO's Legendary Ghost-shell.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Is DIM still broken?
    I haven't been able to use it for a couple of days
    It's been on and off the past few days. When the servers have been getting hit too hard, Bungie will turn off the ability for third parties to access API stuff as part of triage, so when like, school's getting out in north america or such it'll probably be down, but at other times you can still use it.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

CoO is good but just keep in mind this was D2's first DLC so it's gonna have it's rough spots. Mainly that there's no Sparrow-use on Mercury (though there are spots that'll fling you to other spots in the map) and that a lot of the story and it's post-plot play revolve around the Infinite Forest so you'll be going in there a LOT. Once you beat CoO's story, the three Adventures offered afterward and then one of the Heroic variants of said Adventures, you can start earning the Lost Prophecy weapons set, a bunch of cool looking Legendary guns that have neat lore attached to each. Earning half of them starts another special quest involving the missing Titan Saint-14 and once you get them all, you'll earn CoO's Legendary Ghost-shell.

I'm probably just going to play the main story path and then jump to Warmind

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

I'm probably just going to play the main story path and then jump to Warmind

That's fine. I did the same thing when I began playing. I only stumbled across the Lost Prophecy set myself when I was checking out my Collections and went "Oh, that looks cool. I think I'm gonna go get that." Which is probably a common reason for a lot of people to go after old gear in the game.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm probably gonna do all the story stuff eventually. I will hopefully be on tonight, though I dunno if I'll be on the PS4 or PC. Feel free to like... Join my game or whatever if you want, though.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Will I regret doing warming/ Mars story before curse of Osiris?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Will I regret doing warming/ Mars story before curse of Osiris?

I don't think they tie into each other at all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    At most you might regret playing curse of Osiris at all

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    curse of osiris is fine

the boss fight is a lot of fun

sagira is a great character

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    The boss fight at the end of CoO was fine.

Sagira was better than Osiris himself.

As for the rest...

/end message.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Honestly I didnt mind Brother Vance, which a lot of people here and elsewhere loathed. My main problem is that pretty much every mission, adventure, and strike makes you go through the Infinite Forest over and over and over, also Mercury is just small and dull.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Sagira was a highlight, but every beat of that campaign was just dull

Even if the story wasn’t boring as heck, the infinite forest was enough to convince to never bother going to mercury again

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Yeah. If I were casually asked about the DLC, I'd respond by saying Warmind and Curse of Osiris were garbage and Forsaken was pretty good / almost The Taken King tier.

It wasn't The Taken King tier, but, it was a good expansion.

If I was asked casually.

Bizazedo on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The way they talked about the Infinite Forest before release sounded very cool, and then in practice it was not that

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    curse of osiris has a lot of really cool lore of it but none of it has anything to do with the campaign, basically

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    curse of osiris would have been better as grimoire cards

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The way they talked about the Infinite Forest before release sounded very cool, and then in practice it was not that

Would you say it's more like an infinite bore-est

• Options
    curse of osiris is the second worse expansion in the history of destiny

• Options
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

They actually made the procedurally generated Infinite Forest for events after that though. So it was worth it in the end.

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Yeah. If I were casually asked about the DLC, I'd respond by saying Warmind and Curse of Osiris were garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPD5q6DC43M

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »

what's first worst

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Warmind was pretty rad, ok campaign but cool patrol with a lot of secrets and gear

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    I can't see that Youtube video from where I am, @Owenashi . My curiosity is killing me!
    what's first worst

I'm curious as well. Maybe The Dark Below? I didn't realize at the time how many people were disappointed in it.

Also with how stupid the bug was that allowed people to cheese Crota by disconnecting.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

They actually made the procedurally generated Infinite Forest for events after that though. So it was worth it in the end.

Is that something I can play now?

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular

what's first worst

the crota one in d1

• Options
    WheatBun01 wrote: »

what's first worst

the crota one in d1

Which was the first DLC for D1, so I'm willing to give that a pass as well. First DLC/expansions for games are always gonna be a little rough.

• Options
    I dunno if I can get behind that, myself, but I can see why people feel that way.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

Is that something I can play now?

It will be up around Halloween if patterns hold.

• Options
    ding ding ding everyone got it the dark below is the worst

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Mercury and Mars are bad patrol zones.

The Infinite Forest was a huge disappointment.

Escalation Protocol's sole redeeming quality is that it taught Bungie to make better wave-based encounters that aren't massive fucking chores.

The ending of Warmind remains the single worst thing in the entire Destiny canon, and I will take this hot take with me to the grave.

Other than that, Curse and Warmind were okay-ish. Sagira is great and should be in more things. Oded Fehr (but not Osiris) is also great, and should be in more things.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    uh EP's redeeming quality is that it is, to this day, the best looking warlock gear in the game

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The best part of CoO was when Brother Vance got all pissed that despite him having written all this Osiris fanfic, I was the one who got to meet him.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
This discussion has been closed.