As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Day the Music Died - Prelude: Concerning Charlie Horse - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Well at least we know who our (hopefully) last two mafia are now.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Six hours until vote close.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'm able rogers

in case anyone missed it :rotate:

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Blue Puttee here

• Options
    I'm curious how ZH survived being vigged. Anyone got a clue on that?

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    The order of operations is as follows: Mafia Actions -> Investigate/Question -> Elimination Vote and Mafia Items -> Village Items.
    Vig happened last.

• Options
    hm, why didn't they kill the vig before last night, then?

• Options
    because a longer game actually serves the village if literally every villager is half a seer

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    hm, why didn't they kill the vig before last night, then?

Their bus drive could be one directional, which isn't enough to bypass a guard. Or it could only be for question/investigate. Could be they got an unblockable kill once enough of them died?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Longer games serve the village in general let alone when you have ~13 seers or 26 half seers.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Good point 38th

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I'm Margarita, FWIW, although we may have reached the point where y'all knew that by power of elimination.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I seered 38th two nights ago. Its still the best lead I have.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think by process of elimination we are here:

1. Able Rogers- Lucedes
    4. Blue Puttee-ObiFett
    8. Gideon Brown - Sir Fab
    10. Jack Hinks - JPants
    12. Janie - Zombie Hero
    16. Margarita -shalmelo
    17. Mari Mac - 38thdoe
    21. Penelope - H3k/Sir Fab
    23. Sally Ann - LostNinja

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Remind me why Gideon Brown means Sir Fab is red?

• Options
    Remind me why Gideon Brown means Sir Fab is red?

Virgil claimed N1 results. Could be painted or bus driven since we've seen no confirmation, but probably not given the Penelope debacle.

• Options
    sir fab got caught out last night bus driving or being bus driven into h3k's role.

• Options
    Yeah, that role discrepancy sure is a thing

Sir Fab it is then

• Options
    Well look like things are all wrapped up here.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Hopefully everyone still puts in orders and shares results if there is another day.

I really hope SF is the last one cause that would mean I picked a mafia free group!

Also I think that would make Lucedes the only villager in a group full of mafia? Oh wait, I think mama wolf was j. That group too

• Options
    Who should we investigate? I think sir fab is the last mafia we need to worry about

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Who should we investigate? I think sir fab is the last mafia we need to worry about

I'm not sure it's smart to declare any of this publicly since busdrivers very well could be a thing. But now that all roles are known, everyone should pick a role and get some info tonight.

• Options
    I choose you obifett!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    *sigh* I didn't want to have to do this.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    I wanted more time.

• Options
    What are you doing, SirFab?

• Options
    It’s the vote bomb!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Day Seven is over.

• Options
    I vigged 38th

If he doesn't die and I die, then for real vote him out tomorrow. Also if it goes south then maybe look into Jpants, he's the only one who knew I got the vig yesterday.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Wait what? You fell for one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is never get involved in a land war in asia but only slightly less well known is never go up against a 38th when nothing is on the line!

edit: lousy autocorrect.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Like I said, I didn't want to do this.

I made a couple mistakes and the audio quality is bad.

Lyrics
    Oh Gideon lived ‘til the last day
    Though he regrets it now
    A horse he killed with murder bold
    I guess he’ll take his bow

Now the vote is close at hand
    And he can hide no more
    The village wits he meant to trick
    Now they’re settling the score

His partners lied, though it was tough
    To tell them “Sir Fab’s town”
    And now the fools all choose to vote
    To vote at Gideon Brown
    To vote at Gideon Brown

The Seer results all came around
    And they planted small suspicions
    I said Mamawolf, to let you know
    Your kill is your volition
    But I’ll suggest a couple folks
    So that you don’t shoot Town
    If I’m a help, then please don’t vote
    Don’t vote at Gideon Brown

I’ll network ‘til I’m sick and pale
    And shut the village down
    I always thought that I'd stand proud
    ‘Til the vote for Gideon Brown

Many days did pass away
    My partners all did fade
    We didn't talk on ProBoards much
    Except “ I am afraid'
    If things don't soon improve
    Then we'll be underground
    I hope we never see ourselves
    In a vote for Gideon Brown

I sat and held one friend today
    And said 'Mari, I’m sorry'
    I’m dead, the town has got your name
    We’re the losers of this story

And when I'm gone they'll send you off
    For saying Sir Fab’s town
    You’ll buy yourself one day, my love
    With a vote for Gideon Brown

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Adventure Time is the literal best and I'm mad/glad you posted that because it makes me sad/happy whenever I remember all the good times I had watching it with my daughter as she grew.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Like I said, I didn't want to do this.

I made a couple mistakes and the audio quality is bad.

This is quite possibly the best thing to have come out of years of phalla.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AT is the literal best and I'm mad/glad you posted that because it makes me sad/happy whenever I remember all the good times I had watching it with my daughter as she grew.

That makes a lot of sense. My daughters are too small to really watch most of the episodes still. We do occasionally watch the one with the snow golem and the fire wolves. Or the one where Jake wants to live as a Brick in a Brick Shack. That show did amazing things.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Holy shit Sir Fab, that's you?!

That's

That's really really good. I'm over here stunned and grinning from ear to ear.

Just. You win this game. This is an all time phalla highlight for me.

• Options
    Holy shit is exactly right!! That was amazingly well done, vocals, piano, and lyrics! Definitely my new favorite phalla moment.

I didn’t know it at the time but this is totally why H3K had to die last night.

• Options
    The end came more swiftly than anyone had anticipated. Almost the entire village had fallen victim to Shave’s quest for vengeance for Charlie Horse. But with so few people left, it became easier to determine who among the remaining were capable of murdering a horse. When the attention of the village turned to Gideon Brown, it was only a matter of time until they learned the truth.

When Gideon Brown was brought before Shave, he was defiant. “It took you this long to find me,” he snarled. “Pathetic. All this time, and all these resources, and I was still the last one you found. I always knew I was better than all of you, and this just proves it. You all destroyed each other just to get to me. And for what? A horse? Fine. Go ahead and unmake me, or whatever it is that cursed instrument does. At least I’ll be rid of this place.”

“Enough,” Shave interrupted. “No more words from someone so odious as to kill an innocent horse. By the will of the Son, I am ending this now.” Shave picked up the Golden Fiddle, and one last time, he played a single note. Gideon Brown smirked one last time as the sound of the dread violin washed over him, and that smirk remained until the very end, when he was no more.

The few remaining villagers could barely take any satisfaction in completing their task. They turned to Shave, who placed the Golden Fiddle on the table in front of. He smiled weakly as he sat down at the table. “It’s over,” he said. “It’s done, Charlie. We found the ones who killed you. You can rest. And so can I.”

“We’re not quite done here,” a voice said. “There’s still one more loose string that needs to be dealt with.” The Blue Puttee strode out of the meeting hall in search of Mari Mac, the Loaded Six-String on his back.

But Mari Mac was no dummy. She knew that the Blue Puttee was on to her, from the moment that the village turned their attention to Gideon Brown. So she decided that she wasn’t going to stick around to meet the same fate as everyone else who crossed the village. While everyone else was busy extracting a confession from Gideon Brown, she quickly packed up her things and made her way out of town without looking back.

The only thoughts going through her head were, “Run! Run away!” Once she hit the outskirts of the village, Mari Mac felt a panic come over her. What had been a stealthy escape from the village turned into an all out sprint as the only home she had never known receded in the distance. And Mari Mac kept on running, knowing that the Blue Puttee would be relentless in his pursuit of her. She didn’t even think about stopping until the village was no longer in sight. Finally, out of breath and with her legs burning, Mari Mac stopped when she got to the first crossroads.

Mari Mac fell to her knees and closed her eyes. She was still trying to catch her breath when she heard the sound of footsteps approaching from in front of her. She opened her eyes in a panic, but was surprised to see a man in a clean white suit walking towards her. A wave of relief washed over her.

“Thank the Son you’re here,” she said. “I need your help! They know I did it. They know we all did it. They’re coming for me now.”

The man in the white suit smiled, and Mari Mac felt even more at ease. He put his hand on her shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

“I know, I know,” he said. “Give me the One Guitar, and then we’ll get you out of this pickle.”

Mari Mac had forgotten she was even holding the guitar. Without even thinking about it, she handed it over to the kind man. He smiled at her again, but this time she burst into tears.

“I’m so sorry,” she sobbed. “It’s all gone wrong. They knew we killed Charlie, and then they got rid of all of us. We failed you, we couldn’t do what you asked us.”

“On the contrary, things could not have gone better if I planned them myself,” the man in the white suit said, his smile belying the menace that had suddenly infiltrated his tone. “But I think you had better get moving. I can hear the Blue Puttee getting closer. And without this guitar, I’m not sure you’d survive the encounter.”

Mari Mac recoiled at the words the man said to her, but at the same time she accepted them as the truth. Like a truth she had always known. She looked at the man, and then looked at the One Guitar. Mari Mac steeled herself, and then took off in a sprint away from the village. She just hoped she was fast enough to stay ahead of the Blue Puttee.

The man in the white suit smiled as he slung the guitar over his back. He whistled a jaunty tune as he continued walking towards the village

The Dead
    38thDoe - Mari Mac - Corrupted
    Sir Fabulous - Gideon Brown - Corrupted

The game is over. The Village wins. But at what cost?

• Options
    Locus wrote: »
    Pining for the Fjords
    38thDoe - Mari Mac - Corrupted

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀