As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect Andromeda] Shepard may get a day, but Ryder gets a planet.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    You don't get your crew to feed them for you? I want to say the woman with the veran herps can do it for you.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    arresting lady from Cerberus

she goes, "admit it, you'll miss me"

hacks out of her restraints, tries to run

Garrus guns her down

"Not at that range I won't"

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Kelly is:

a) completely awesome
    b) good at her job
    c) cute
    d) an excellent dancer :winky:
    e) kind enough to feed my fish when I'm out saving the galaxy

Hell, my message notification on my phone is her saying "Commander, you've received a new message at your private terminal".

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Last time I played ME2 she bugged out and didn't progress to the fish part so booo.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Last time I played ME2 she bugged out and didn't progress to the fish part so booo.

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    JOE_1967 wrote: »
    Someday I will play ME2 and manage the ultimate achievement -- never having to scoop a bunch of dead fish out of the aquarium.

They list Insanity as the top difficulty setting but this is actually incorrect, as the highest difficulty is getting to the point of Kelly feeding your fish without any of them dying first.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The only time I've kept my fish alive was when I bought the fish minutes before the supper where Kelly offered to feed them.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Kelly is:

a) completely awesome
    b) good at her job
    c) cute
    d) an excellent dancer :winky:
    e) kind enough to feed my fish when I'm out saving the galaxy

Hell, my message notification on my phone is her saying "Commander, you've received a new message at your private terminal".
    f) gives you your fish back in ME3 if she survived ME2.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    I liked Kelly a lot and hoped it was going somewhere cool (but ultimately wasn't going to back out of a Liara romance because Ali Hillis is the actual best).

I wound up feeling pretty skeevy about it in the end. Did not like the landing at all.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    C'mon, it's totally normal for your friendly subordinate to wear a latex suit and stripper dance in your quarters. Don't make this weird. You know how HR has been since the scale itch thing.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Ah yes, scale itch.

oajxrreia8kp.png

Jazz on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Still landing Multiplayer games in under 10 seconds on Mass Effect 3 (the Galaxy At War map seems to be offline though, lol)

Happy N7 Day ninfriendos

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Multiplayer in Andromeda is taking a bit longer, but not extremely long when I tried it last night. (Even some new players, which I guess is due to that Free EA Access month that's going around).

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I know I'll be celebrating in my usual way; wearing the hoodie with an extra touch of pride, arranging my usual pic with the models and other swag I've picked up over the years, and something that isn't quite as traditional; putting in the order for the costuming group's next challenge coin, celebrating the tenth anniversary of ME2's release early next year.

fvsworjapx1z.jpg

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I misplaced my leather jacket which is infuriating, but I was out and about in my motojacket which is just about as excellent

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the reminder. I often wear that necklace, but sounds like today’s the day for a jacket.

• Options
    I have a Peebee jacket

I can't wait until it's cold enough to wear it

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I probably should have worn my N7 sneakers to work, but I didn't think of it.

Also today is @Strikor and my anniversary. We've been married 3 years now. :)

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    I'm rocking the black elite N7 hoodie today, but am stuck in a hospital waiting. (So much waiting.) Not for me, and not super serious, so nobody worry. But anything else Mass Effect-y may have to wait. Happy N7 day, droogs.

And happy anniversary, @Cambiata and @Strikor :)

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Texas weather has decided that today shall be a cold day, which means I get to wear my Garrus hoodie.

Said for the first time ever without sarcasm: Thanks, Texas!

• Options
    ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    I came in here to see if anyone was talking about this and was surpised no one had linked it

https://www.jinx.com/collections/mass_effect/products/mass_effect_garrus_body_pillow

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Before I clicked it, I was assuming you were linking to this body pillow.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    New Matt mcmuscles video on the development of Andromeda.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vVZfPohK96U

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Any new info in there?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Bioware announced nothing on N7 day, no.

I imagine that since Dragon Age is so far out, the next Mass Effect is still barely a glimmer in Casey Hudson's eye right now.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Put the trilogy on switch, you cowards!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    I've seen speculation that Bioware has been hinting at Dragon Age 4 info in early December.

To continue the pattern recognition, December 4th is an obvious candidate.

• Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    "I should go" Do I really sound like that? lol!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So, on N7 Day, my plan was to stream Mass Effect 1 on Mixer.

Instead of doing that, though, I spent far too much time troubleshooting why I couldn't get a video output through OBS. Turns out, for whatever reason, OBS just plain doesn't see Mass Effect. Try to force it to stream the window titled "MassEffect.exe" or anything like it, and it still won't see it. I may be a few days late, but I think I've got a workaround involving an Elgato HD60 I got to stream Switch/PS4 games, my laptop, and sweeping most of the contents of my desk onto the floor...

Durnit! Shepard's chronicle will NOT be ignored (not even by ornery streaming software)!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Bioware Answers Unsolved Mysteries of the Mass Effect Universe | Ars Technica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvph7XxGY8

'Answers' is definitely too strong of a word, but Mac Walters talks about ME stuff based on questions he's posed.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Second totally authorized and not at all knockoff merch hoodie received. This time a 3XL. Still kinda shit. Maybe even more so actually.

My guess is this is factory workers making things on their own time after hours and half-assing it. The quality of the hoodies is pretty terrible in both cases and while it's not nearly as strong now both of them still have an acrid chemical smell after being washed 6+ and febrezed at least a dozen times each. I think this is likely due to them being shoved into their shipping bag asap after the logos are applied. What leads me to believe this is the 3XL actually still had the stencils for the logos attached. The 3XL also seems like they used a larger outer lining but the exact same inner lining causing a lot of bunching at the cuffs of the sleeves and waist. Also the 3XL has a different logos on the front and back form the XL (that appears to actually at best a medium as it almost fits my roommates 5'4" 112lb 16 year old daughter almost perfectly)

I'll see if I can do pics with a normal XL t-shirt for comparison but yeah it turns out that shockingly the shady merch site seems to be both shady and shitty :P

• Options
    I'm genuinely curious as to who BioWare/EA licensed production of their merchandise to while the official store was open. I checked the tags on my hoodie/jackets and could not find anything at all besides the EA and Bioware logo (besides the whole cold wash made in china etc etc)

• Options
    HadesHades Registered User regular
    My hoodie from 2010/11 has Independent Trading Company on the tag. Pretty sure its this one.
    https://www.independenttradingco.com/products/mens-heavyweight-blank-zip-hooded-sweatshirt-ind4000z?variant=68981942

• Options
    edited November 2019
    On one hand, I'm sure that even just maintaining an ongoing relationship with a merch partner is time and effort that's not tied to their primary goal, involving personnel and resources that may or may not balance against the money made (and no, I'm not ignoring the good will and self-paid advertising that comes from fans walking around in your stuff).

I've seen similar complaints elsewhere, including my company and even Last Week Tonight, after they debuted a hat mocking Trump, and they sold out instantly. John Oliver joked that whether they liked it or not, they were now in the hat selling business (though they were selling at cost, so it probably didn't help the case that they were making minuscule or even negative profits to otherwise hide behind).

Basically, from a corporate view, I can see it not being a top priority. But as a fan, and someone who feels there is value in having even just the occasional meetings of similarly minded people reinforcing that fandom (which is something Bioware explicitly called out in a previous N7 Day video), I find it unfortunate they can't just set up shop with another company capable of supporting similar services to the one they had to close.

I mean, a couple of hoodies, some shirts, a few other bits of swag shouldn't be an impossible task. I'd hope they were at least breaking even on these things. Then again, the simply absurdly deep discounts they've offered up in the past might indicate trouble moving product, and something not to be overlooked. As in, I'm pretty sure they used to have an annual one that was like 25-50% off or something crazy, AND free shipping in North America, which as a Canadian was huuuuge. My friends and I decked ourselves out with an armoury worth of hoodies and shirts through those.

I'm pretty sure I have 6 of the jackets/hoodies (spring jacket, heavy 'performance' hoodie, 1 really old navy blue one (replaced zipper, patched at elbows), the 'heathered' one from the Loot Crate box (needs repair after being torn at a pocket last month), and I think 2 black ones (one has cuffs splitting that need to be replaced). I'm glad to be dating a gifted seamstress who can patch over elbows and replace elastic cuffs, but honestly, at some point in the years to come I might just have to hope that either Bioware gets a top notch new shop rolling, or the knockoffs get better. But I'm not optimistic for either, honestly.

Glancing at the four sites currently listed;

- Level Up Wear has a "Pathfinder hoodie". Looks fine, the N7 on the chest is fine, lack of the red and white sleeve stripe may well be a dealbreaker.
    - Jinx has a windbreaker. No interest.
    - For Fans By Fans seems to be strictly pullover hoodies. Prefer the zipped ones.
    - Sanshee doesn't have a hoodie currently.

So... take care of the ones you've got I guess. Other than going to Alibaba or perhaps going to someone who'll do custom work (probably way too expensive), looks like the ones we have are all we've got for the time being.

Forar on
  • Options
    And the faux leather jacket I've got--which I still get occasional compliments on--is unfortunately starting to wear out already around the neck.

I've got a spare--thank you close-out sale--but I've already resigned myself to needing to find someone to do a custom one for me if I want a replacement. And I can't really justify that kind of expense, even assuming I could find someone willing to do it.

• Options
    I stole Peebee's jacket, please don't tell her
    obp4i4xv3tmn.jpg

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I feel like you left out the part where you also ported yourself in to Cyberpunk 2077

• Options
    I think Jinx recently announced an N7 hoodie, except instead of the actual armour stripe it has a stripe made out of printed N7 logos which is

Lmao

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    And the faux leather jacket I've got--which I still get occasional compliments on--is unfortunately starting to wear out already around the neck.

I've got a spare--thank you close-out sale--but I've already resigned myself to needing to find someone to do a custom one for me if I want a replacement. And I can't really justify that kind of expense, even assuming I could find someone willing to do it.

Maybe you could get it repaired?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Skeith wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »

Maybe you could get it repaired?

Where/how?

This discussion has been closed.