Options

[Vampire: The Masquerade] Tremere and their BFFs, together at last

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I feel like someone dropped the ball on marketing if this is the first I've heard of those...

It's not Bloodlines 2 and it appears to be some kind of ambitious visual novel? No wonder it's not getting the spotlight.

Also, yeah, they're really dropping the ball on marketing.

Doesn't mean they couldn't try... or maybe work with Paradox on using their newsletter clout.

I'll do my part, at least.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Well that's too bad cause that totally looks like my jam.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, Coteries of New York appears to still be on track.

So remember when I said this? Yeah, so, about that.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Oh my gods, it's Jemaine Clement from What We Do in the Shadows

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I knew the answer to all of those except frito pie

So uh...what are the answers @Tube ?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I don't like watching the streams as much as watching animations or seeing artwork based off the streams.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »

I'll field as many as I can.
    can vampires get pregnant
    No.

can vampires have sex
    Yes.

when do vampires have sex
    Whenever they want.

can vampires drink alcohol
    Yes.

can vampires smoke
    Yes.

can vampires take medication
    Yes. Does it work? Idk.

can vampires fall in love
    Yes.

can vampires go to the toilet
    Maybe.

do vampires take showers
    Yes.

do vampires sweat
    Yes. (Blood.)

do vampires have sperm
    To quote Rumiko Takahashi: "I don't wonder about those things, and neither should you."

do vampires like cats
    Yes.

do vampires like dogs
    Yes.

can vampires ghoul a dog
    Yes.

can vampires get high
    Yes.

how can we get a vampire hire
    What?

is hep-c bad for vampires
    Probably.

do vampires cum blood
    Refer to the sperm answer.

what is kool aid
    Ooh yeah.

do vampires wear socks
    Yes. I think.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »

I'll field as many as I can.
    can vampires get pregnant
    No.

can vampires have sex
    Yes.

when do vampires have sex
    Whenever they want.

can vampires drink alcohol
    Yes.

can vampires smoke
    Yes.

can vampires take medication
    Yes. Does it work? Idk.

can vampires fall in love
    Yes.

can vampires go to the toilet
    Maybe.

do vampires take showers
    Yes.

do vampires sweat
    Yes. (Blood.)

do vampires have sperm
    To quote Rumiko Takahashi: "I don't wonder about those things, and neither should you."

do vampires like cats
    Yes.

do vampires like dogs
    Yes.

can vampires ghoul a dog
    Yes.

can vampires get high
    Yes.

how can we get a vampire hire
    What?

is hep-c bad for vampires
    Probably.

do vampires cum blood
    Refer to the sperm answer.

what is kool aid
    Ooh yeah.

do vampires wear socks
    Yes. I think.

Oh I'm sorry, I want the Star Wars versions of answers: Meaning, every iota of background and lore attached to super mundane things. :biggrin:

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    vampires can also take medication and have an effect at the very least if its a mind effecting drug. As they can get high.

Vampires can use the toilet and sweat by spending blood points (in previous versions) under the “mimic life” aspect thingamajig(it lets them return/mimic normal bodily functions so they could eat and process food if they wanted)

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    The Blush of Life.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Also, it's a question of interpretation whether a vampire can fall in love with someone or if the inner beast changes such feelings into a darker mix of obsession and lust.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I feel you'd be able to work at which it was eventually.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I feel you'd be able to work at which it was eventually.

The Blood of Caine controls us all.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Gamasutra article with developers about remaking the combat in VTMB2.

Interesting quote:
    You can't just try to translate everything. My favorite example here is that if I add another point of dexterity in the tabletop game I get another dice in my hand and that feels good because it's more control in my hand," Schwarzer said. "If I get a similar XP investment in our game and it gives me a plus ten percent better chance to hit, which is mechanically the same thing, it's not going to feel good. I'm pulling the trigger, I should be able to hit that.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    ya its all about finding analagous player decision points when thinking at the "build" level

the gameplay has to be treated separately cos of the kinds of gameplay simulated physical space provides versus simulated narrative space in a tabletop rpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Alright, last Coteries companion trailer.

And all four of 'em in one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM-lNNhxkDQ

• Options

Coteries of New York, the VtM visual novel is out now.

And it sure is a visual novel. I've only played about an hour so far, but there does appear to be time management, Hunger management, and power use mechanics.

The playable characters you get to choose from are a male Brujah, a female Ventrue, and a male Toreador.

The opening section will seem very familiar to anyone who's played Bloodlines. Although this Sherrif is at least a tiny little bit more polite about it.
    I picked the Ventrue and a somewhat important early plot point seems to involve figuring out what kind of blood my character is actually capable of drinking without throwing it all back up again. I imagine the Brujah and Toreador won't have those difficulties, so maybe this'll shape up to be a visual novel with some replayability. But again, only about an hour in, so I can't exactly be sure.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Bit disappointed in those clan picks tbh

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I found a review that says the game is very short, and basically skids to a halt right when it starts getting interesting. I'll still try it, but yeah, bummed that there's no Tremere.

https://wccftech.com/review/vampire-the-masquerade-coteries-of-new-york/

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Nosferatu shafted yet again.

*shakes fist in anger*

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Oh, the Nosferatu are all over the game - but no one ever sees or hears them.

• Options
    I found a review that says the game is very short, and basically skids to a halt right when it starts getting interesting. I'll still try it, but yeah, bummed that there's no Tremere.

https://wccftech.com/review/vampire-the-masquerade-coteries-of-new-york/

They're not wrong.

The game kind of feels like it ends somewhere in the middle of Act 2. And it does so abruptly.

The side-stories are interesting enough, though. The ones I've managed to complete, anyway. You don't get enough time to finish all of them in a single playthrough.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    !!!!
    ss_9e1fd78bbb53e9b1db6a14424d07a60f1f067811.600x338.jpg?t=1576094534

This is Beckett levels of fan service, my GOD.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Rolled the Brujah. I like this guy so far.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Spoiler tags please

• Options
    FYI, the above screen was in the Steam store screenshots, but I'll spoil tag it just in case. Hell, I wish that'd been a surprise...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    This game is very engrossing. They clearly did their homework on the lore and background. It even pays homage to major canon players.

There is no voice acting, sadly, but it really doesn't matter. The art carries the characters just fine. The backgrounds don't seem to loop properly for me though, maybe it's something on my end?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular

To be fair, all vampire clans suck.

Not sorry

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    More references:
    Jezebel and the Battle of 1999. The writer was a fan of the clan novels, I take it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    !!!!

I do kind of wonder which characters are official canon (well, I guess they all are, now, but I mean which characters already existed before this game came out), and which characters were made up for this game.

But I also kind of don't really want to know. To keep all the characters equally (non-)special.

• Options
    !!!!

I do kind of wonder which characters are official canon (well, I guess they all are, now, but I mean which characters already existed before this game came out), and which characters were made up for this game.

But I also kind of don't really want to know. To keep all the characters equally (non-)special.
    Michaela, the former NY Prince, was a major player, if memory serves, so was Jezebel from the Battle of 1999. Pretty sure they're referring to the Eye of Leopold from the clan novels. Aisling Sturbridge is the Regentia in the clan novels, and has her own book:

qe211hx1dgw1.png

They definitely... changed her up a bit for CotNY.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    There are definitely some deep cuts in here, just got a reference to
    dev/null

• Options
    There are definitely some deep cuts in here, just got a reference to
    dev/null

I can't wait to see what you think of Hope.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Boy, they're not kidding about the sudden ending.

• Options
    I really hope this is a Life is Strange scenario where they have more to offer down the line, the description in GOG seems to hint at that...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    It feels to me like they ran out of time.

• Options