Options

Tekken and Other Fighting Games That Aren't Tekken, I Guess (digital karate simulations)

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Woolie
    Tekken E-Honda
    Tekken Sagat

All look good.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Woolie
    Tekken E-Honda
    Tekken Sagat

All look good.

I can't wait for Tuesday!

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I woke back up just in time to see Grand Finals, good shit Chikurin.

Also, wow, looking at the bracket and Ulsan's loser's run was insane; beats Low High, Double, Anakin, Knee and only drops 1 game across all four sets.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    Ulsan's pool performance was also insane

• Options
    I just hope Leroy's dog doesn't bite anyone and just trips people with zoomies.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    the important thing is that Akuma won in the end.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »

We thought we were safe!

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

As it should be.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    I have to honestly wonder if
    Fakhumram was intended to be Sagat at one point

I'm not saying all muay thai users are chomping Sagat's flavor, but I'm saying that this guy has a mouthful. He even has Angry...Veins

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    So, they just put a Baki character in Tekken, huh?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I have to honestly wonder if
    Fakhumram was intended to be Sagat at one point

I'm not saying all muay thai users are chomping Sagat's flavor, but I'm saying that this guy has a mouthful. He even has Angry...Veins
    Did you enjoy the parts that specifically showed off him doing Sagat V-Trigger?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    So, they just put a Baki character in Tekken, huh?

That's probably the thing I like about him the most

Leroy always looked cool and then I guess they thought he should be cooler so now he has a rad dog and a big stick. I look forward to watching some streams when he's out to see how he plays

Also here's a dumb clip I found on my ps4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb4nGHoYRyk

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i wish I had more time to also play t7 on top of everything else, ganryu looks like a character I would enjoy

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Tekken patch notes here. Looks like Dragunov's wall-carry and Akuma's D2 into hadouken were nerfed. New practice mode stuff is out too.

New characters are out in some regions/platforms, time to Twitch!

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    If you're playing as Leroy, the final round song on Dragon's Nest is replaced with his theme. That is the best.

• Options
    are all 3 characters dropping at the same time or is it just leroy

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Leroy and Ganryu are tonight/tomorrow, Fahk isn't coming out until spring.

Leroy seems like a solid fundamentals character, not as weird as I expected. He can parry anything other than projectiles, even unblockables.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Leroy and Ganryu drop tomorrow. Fahkumram and the new stage will be Spring sometime.

E: looks like they might be out today on steam? And a bunch of people modded them in early because the patch with their data hit this morning.

Knob on
  • Options
    I'd guess sometime tonight for steam, iirc the 3.0 patch with Zafina dropped around midnight EST

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Deans wrote: »
    Leroy and Ganryu are tonight/tomorrow, Fahk isn't coming out until spring.

Leroy seems like a solid fundamentals character, not as weird as I expected. He can parry anything other than projectiles, even unblockables.

Just his b+2 parry. His sabakis all follow normal parry rules. No lows, elbows, knees or headbutts. His stance has an auto parry against lows like Negan! His b+2 will also parry multiple hits of a string.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    does t7 still have a pretty healthy online population or not really outside of killers? I have nowhere under 2hrs drive to play it locally and I sorta wanna get into it finally (I basically only touched t7 for a couple weeks when it launched)

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    does t7 still have a pretty healthy online population or not really outside of killers? I have nowhere under 2hrs drive to play it locally and I sorta wanna get into it finally (I basically only touched t7 for a couple weeks when it launched)

I can assure you I am not a killer, and I know people around my level who play online regularly. I haven't touched ranked in a while, if you're asking about that specifically, but there are more than enough people to play it with in lobbies.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    yeah I would probably do ranked a bunch

also I think I'm gonna hold off on the razer pad unless they do a second revision or something. it looks like the dpad issues extend to doing charge moves too. you have to worry about not putting pressure on the center as you transition from back to forward etc or it eats those too just like spd inputs

sounds like until that gets fixed/a revision the hori fighting commander is just less of a hassle, but if they DID get addressed the raion would basically be the best

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Leroy/Ganryu are out for real now, and fuck me sideways I think I really like Ganryu?

No 10f jab is strange, but he has a ton of really solid pokes and ways to generate plus frames.

Also his lows are godlike, what the hell. Df3 is i16 and leaves him +5 on hit, d4 is a full CH launcher, his FC d1 is +3 on hit and fucking safe on block, he just has a lot of good options.

Edit: Also a lot of his moves are a whole lot safer than I thought they'd be. His Df2 is only -11, he has a safe mid wallbounce, SS1 is safe at -9 and gives a full launch on hit, his i13 ff1+2 launcher is safe (but a high), his big slow launcher that looks like it high crushes is fucking +5 on block lol.

In game frame data is a fucking godsend btw

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    If you're playing as Leroy, the final round song on Dragon's Nest is replaced with his theme. That is the best.
    A lengthy loop of it:

• Options
    Holy fucking shit.

Expect to see a lot of Ganryu in the next couple months. This motherfucker is like...beyond T5 ganryu levels of degeneracy.

• Options
    ganryu (and maybe negan) was actually my catalyst to come back to the game lol

so your saying I made the right choice

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I'm saying enjoy this cat while you can, because some of this stuff he's getting at the wall isnt gonna last, bet.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    oh definitely not from the sound of it, nor would I expect it to

edit: can I buy individual dlc characters or do I need to get whole seasons at a time

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    You can buy individual chars

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh no I like Leroy that means he’s overpowered. I’m so sorry everyone.

(But seriously he has a dumb range hellsweep and some good counterhit fishing game and his back+2 parry is nuts I love it)

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I think given his popularity they wanted to make sure he was good.

Not saying he is OP(yet) but yes he is very good.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    how difficult is Tekken

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    how difficult is Tekken

It isn't as difficult to get into as people say.

That said it is a knowledge heavy game so climbing is as much character/mechanic knowledge as skill.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    well I picked it up because I've been craving a different fighting game for a while.

It seems cool just messing around with arcade mode and practice mode, but the sample combos make it looks pretty technical.

What's a good character to learn with? For some reason I just played through arcade battle with Miguel because I liked his jacket.

• Options
    Miguel is probably my favorite character for what little time I have spent with t7

I dont think hes considered super great right now? But I'm not sure how compressed tiers are in this game. I thought he was easy to use and hurts a lot and that's really all I look for

7yh4xczljsym.png
This discussion has been closed.