As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[US Foreign Policy] Iran Response: Missile strikes US Al-Assad, Kirbil base in Iraq pg 90

1919293949597»

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    This whole thing is weird

I can't help but feel like we aren't going to do shit. The WH doesn't have a presser every time an Iranian-sponsored VBIED or mortaring hits a base (and does more damage). The only difference is this came out of geographic Iran.

That and the fact that a typical mortar warhead is a couple of ounces while a typical SRBM or IRBM warhead is in the neighborhood of a tonne. The two scenarios aren't equivalent at all.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    What time does Trump do his public address?

They have decided not to have an address.
    NYT reporter:

Maybe it's too late and Trump is sundowning so hard they don't want him to say anything they can't take back.

I would be surprised if they knew anything about wtf is going on right now.

I can totally see them trying to talk Trump down though while he rants about how he's gotta get up there and yell at them for daring to not bow to him. Maybe we'll get some tweets.

I wish we’d stop pushing this narrative because it’s easy for people then to kind of wave away his misdeeds.

He’s a scumbag, full stop. No need to bring Alzheimers or dementia into this.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Zibblsnrt wrote: »
    This whole thing is weird

I can't help but feel like we aren't going to do shit. The WH doesn't have a presser every time an Iranian-sponsored VBIED or mortaring hits a base (and does more damage). The only difference is this came out of geographic Iran.

That and the fact that a typical mortar warhead is a couple of ounces while a typical SRBM or IRBM warhead is in the neighborhood of a tonne. The two scenarios aren't equivalent at all.

All that firepower and...confirmed zero US or Iraqi fatalities

They'd have been better off with a van filled with ANFO, thus my original post

This gives us a chance to pull back from blowing up something in return, they get to say they did something

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Mim wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    What time does Trump do his public address?

They have decided not to have an address.
    NYT reporter:

Maybe it's too late and Trump is sundowning so hard they don't want him to say anything they can't take back.

I would be surprised if they knew anything about wtf is going on right now.

I can totally see them trying to talk Trump down though while he rants about how he's gotta get up there and yell at them for daring to not bow to him. Maybe we'll get some tweets.

I wish we’d stop pushing this narrative because it’s easy for people then to kind of wave away his misdeeds.

He’s a scumbag, full stop. No need to bring Alzheimers or dementia into this.

I mean, it's both. He's always been scum. Now there's a good chance he's mentally deteriorating scum. Who is in charge of nukes.

shryke on
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I'm not even sure what the goal of a war with Iran would be? Regime change? Or would Trump be satisfied with them kissing his ass and apologizing for daring to respond to an assassination of an Iranian citizen and military offical.

I think the main goal will be talking heads on Fox saying we can’t impeach a President while we’re at war.

Which I think I saw a thumbnail of a YouTube video suggesting this narrative has already started.

This discussion has been closed.