As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    If you have Hitman 1 you can get the entire game as free DLC for 2. I'd guess that works if you get it on PS Plus as well.
    (It's going to be a handful to download, though. I'm not sure how it works on PS4, but I'd guess you'd need to download 1, create an account, then link it to 2 and download all the levels again)
    End result would be having both games in one, though.

edit: Yeah, here you go.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Okay, got the Elusive Target, last-minute style. Followed her around (changing disguises as needed), grabbed the notebook and set up her smoking accident, waited at the dock till it happened. Not elegant at all, but I got my Silent Assassin!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Next target is going to be in Hokkaido, so I guess that map will be free for the week?

febfinal-1024x576.png

Definitely hurts folks who haven't played the first game (though how many people are brand new with Hitman2 and also don't have the legacy pack is a good question) I did see a couple of people at a disadvantage for the last one, just because they'd not played Sgail yet. Still, I am glad to see the old content isn't going by the wayside because those maps are a lot of fun.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    That's where the Christmas target was, seems a little early for a repeat map.

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    There's a new sniper mode map out, Hantu Port in Singapore. It seems to have a lot more going on than the first sniper map (a lot of buttons to shoot).

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Big patch today: Notes

Also they've said they're going to let you buy just Miami instead of the full game if you want, because Sean Bean is back as an Elusive Target for a full month starting on May 3rd: Announcement

Not sure if they're just re-running the original Undying elusive target, or if it's brand new. They call it "The Undying Returns" and it gives a new reward (Flash Robot), so who knows?

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Silent Assassin Tracker
    Keep track of your status towards the Silent Assassin rating during gameplay. The tracker will display as an icon next to the mini map and the colour will show whether SA will currently be awarded for the playthrough. In cases where SA is not currently achievable but could be later on, for example if Agent 47 was recorded by a security camera, the tracker will display as red and then turn to green once the evidence has been deleted.

This is a very good change.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That is a very good change.

Unfortunately I largely did not like this game.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    So the Undying returns is a fun rework
    ak4dxal46x5w.jpg
    Functionally it's the same, but it's good to see a couple of winks at the last time, including during the brief

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I got sloppy with The Prince. I think it's the first ET I didn't get a SA rating on :S

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    So this little robot sounds OP in that it can't be detected as an illegal item but it can remote flashbang everybody in a room. Also it's throwable.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Played a little of New York when it launched, but really dived into it today.

However, I can't figure out how to drown the target. Every time I've tried poisoning her, she just vomits in a trash can instead of finding a bathroom. Any suggestions?

Edit: Also the electric phone destroyed today's elusive target mission. Very overpowered item it seems.

Lars on
  • Options
    Lars wrote: »

However, I can't figure out how to drown the target. Every time I've tried poisoning her, she just vomits in a trash can instead of finding a bathroom. Any suggestions?

Edit: Also the electric phone destroyed today's elusive target mission. Very overpowered item it seems.

What's key is where you get her poisoned.
    I found if you poke her with an emetic syringe in her office as she's walking she went downstairs to the bathroom, anywhere else and she found a bin

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options

I found if you poke her with an emetic syringe in her office as she's walking she went downstairs to the bathroom, anywhere else and she found a bin

I read online that it's bugged. It used to be possible to just poison the wine that you deliver, but now she goes to a trashcan if you do that. Reading online also reminded me that I could just complete that challenge in Contracts mode which was so I had entirely forgotten was something I could do.

So now I've got all challenges completed in New York. I started working a lot on the third sniper level today, just got two challenges and one secret achievement left there. Annoyingly though, this time they actually put an unlock if you max out the mastery (though fortunately it's for single player, not the co-op masteries). The first two sniper levels just upgraded your rifle for that particular mission, but for this one if you get max mastery you get a really powerful sniper rifle for use in the main game.

• Options
    Better than the Ghost? hmm..I shall have to look tomorrow (and do that elusive quickly)

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options

I read online that it's bugged. It used to be possible to just poison the wine that you deliver, but now she goes to a trashcan if you do that. Reading online also reminded me that I could just complete that challenge in Contracts mode which was so I had entirely forgotten was something I could do.

So now I've got all challenges completed in New York. I started working a lot on the third sniper level today, just got two challenges and one secret achievement left there. Annoyingly though, this time they actually put an unlock if you max out the mastery (though fortunately it's for single player, not the co-op masteries). The first two sniper levels just upgraded your rifle for that particular mission, but for this one if you get max mastery you get a really powerful sniper rifle for use in the main game.

Oh damn, I didn't even notice that. That sucks, because it takes forever to increase mastery in the sniper maps

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I really am on a roll, it's the third elusive target run I botched - in the last two I messed up the SA rating at the very end because I got sloppy, and in this one...well...

I managed to electrocute myself.

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Better than the Ghost? hmm..I shall have to look tomorrow (and do that elusive quickly)

It's the Druzhina (with the piercing rounds and such) but it's also got a suppressor (even though the in-game description doesn't mention this, and it still uses the regular Druzhina sound effects, it apparently is suppressed).

I'm still only level 10 Mastery so I don't have it yet.

I've got one challenge left on the newest sniper map and then I'll have 100% achievements again, and then I'll go back and work on all the escalations and challenge packs they've added so I can have 100% challenges again too (not counting Ghost Mode, or that one Elusive Target that I didn't get Silent Assassin on).

• Options
    I've completed all Challenge Packs, so now the only Challenges I haven't completed are:

*Most Escalations from Miami thru Sgail (though I did the ones that have unlocks)
    *Most Ghost Mode Challenges (though I want to get that Phantom Suit at some point)
    *The "Kill 15 Elusive Targets" one (not yet possible since only 13 have been released) and one Silent Assassin that I messed up
    *The "40 Featured Contracts" one to unlock the Toolbox

I also have to get my Siberia Solo Mastery to 20 for that new sniper rifle and then it'll be 100%.

I seriously doubt I'll ever get all the Ghost Mode stuff, though.

There's supposed to be a big patch on Tuesday, with the developers teasing stuff for their stream on Monday. It won't be a new map or anything, so who knows what it will be?

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I really am on a roll, it's the third elusive target run I botched - in the last two I messed up the SA rating at the very end because I got sloppy, and in this one...well...

I managed to electrocute myself.

I did that the first time because apparently I didn't realize that the power was already on when I exposed a wire in a puddle of water. This time I got that Ric Flair looking motherfucker to fry after throwing a hammer to lure him over about four times before getting it right.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    The new update drops tomorrow with the new Haven Island mission, as well as remixed missions in Miami and Whittleton Creek. Apparently some of the new unlockables include a tranq gun loaded with emetic darts and a knife with a lethal syringe hidden in the hilt.

Also the other day they added an Escalation to Columbia that gives you an Emetic Grenade. Unfortunately it has very a small radius.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    so the emetic dart gun is very very very good at breaking bits of the game.

It's nice not to have to rely on npcs routes taking them to certain areas, or needing to get them really isolated etc

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    v o m i t g u n

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    it's incredibly good as a "I don't want this person to be here but i don't want to have to mess around with hiding a body"

opens up the game in the same way dropping guns all over the place does

• Options
    I really like this new map, managed SO/SA by electrocuting three people with a telephone, it's great.
    There's a water cooler in the server room so triggering the alert and then timing things carefully makes them all stand in the puddle :D

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Waking up the thread... I’m only now playing the Patient Zero missions. I was fine until Hokkaido, but this one is stressing me out. What I like about Hitman is the leisurely pace, yet this one presents me with escalation almost from the get go. To be honest, it makes me anxious, and I’ve now moped out of the game and the level twice.

Any advice? Not so much how I can stop the escalation, more a question whether anyone anyone found themselves feeling similar until they changed their expectations or mindset. Is the level mainly an It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World of assassination and I just need to relax, let go and enjoy the carnage?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It's been a while since I did it, but I remember there is a way to kill the guy before anyone gets infected.

Wait, I actually recorded a thing when I did my sniper assassin run. Let me find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va5zCgkI4V0

You have to use the Krugermeier pistol to do the shot that I do at the very beginning (doing this to save time because have to get to infected target quickly), because other guns are too loud. You also need an electronic key hacker.

I allowed myself to be infected to take out the infected target quicker. Then put the knocked out guard in the closet before taking his hazmat suit (if you take the suit first, his unconscious body gets infected). While wearing the suit you can easily head down and cure yourself and then the virus is done (wearing the suit prevents you from infecting other people).

This was a sniper assassin run, so you could kill the targets however you want and ignore me taking a detour to get my sniper rifle and such.

Hope that helps.

Lars on
  • Options
    Thanks, that helps with the practical side of things, but admittedly it’s not really what I was looking for. As I wrote, it’s less about a step-by step guide to what to do and more about guidance on how I can stop worrying and learn to love the level. Obviously my current approach and mindset isn’t up to the task.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    You ever wanted to try a “kill everyone” run on a level? Patient Zero is the perfect opportunity. It just gives you a bit more structure

Alternately, consider it to be about optimizing your route to a target, and equipment selection

Make it about the metagame

Joolander on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    PZ Hokkaido really emphasises the Groundhog Day design of the game, especially if you want to do all the challenges. There are a couple of ways to keep it from spreading (kill Patient Zero before he can come into contact with anyone, or take out this nurse so she can't cross his path. Then take out this guard because he'll be nest to get infected, and so on).

There's one that needs you to kill at least 47 infected targets, and the easiest way to do that is to infect yourself then go for a jog around the level to spread it as far as you can before curing yourself (I think there's one for curing yourself with just a few seconds left as well, just to drive the point home).

If you're really into self-imposed challenges, you can go for a 47+ infected Silent Assassin run. It's more possible than you'd think, especially since the later updates changed the rules for SA (if you alert a target but kill them before they can alert non-targets, you can get SA back, so you can use that silenced shotgun to kill a room of people so long as they're all infected).

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    I think that’s my hang-up: while I see the appeal of the metagame, it’s not so much for me. I’ve replayed levels, but never with a view to creating challenges for myself. Also, I don’t particularly like killing innocents in games.

I think I’ll have to take a bit of a break and then return with a different mindset, to see if that works.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    Joolander wrote: »
    I think that’s my hang-up: while I see the appeal of the metagame, it’s not so much for me. I’ve replayed levels, but never with a view to creating challenges for myself. Also, I don’t particularly like killing innocents in games.

I think I’ll have to take a bit of a break and then return with a different mindset, to see if that works.

When it comes to "taking out" some targets, it is possible to do non-lethally so long as you stash them where they can't be found and woken up.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    finally playing this game

mumbai spoilers
    this mission where there's another, shittier assassin going after all the same targets you are, and your job is just to help him out, is really fucking funny to me

just crouching behiind him peering through his sniper scope going, mm, nice one dude, let me just give you a little invisible helping hand tho

• Options
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    thats good. i like hitman

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Finally finished Contracts from the HD Trilogy, only have Blood Money left.

It's bad that I had fun the most fun with 2 so far, isn't it?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    nah that tracks, but here comes Blood Money with that Good Shit

just get yourself ready for the nadir of Absolution

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Eh, 2 had its charms. Now if you walk away from Blood Money feeling the same way then I think we'll need to have a talk. That right there is a fantastic game.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    honestly Absolution is a pretty solid game

that is completely, utterly, concretely ruined by the frankly baffling checkpoint system that resets the whole world, including respawning dead enemies and restarting patrol patterns

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Absolution isn't on here, thankfully. Contracts was super broken, I was able to go through entire missions and surpassing all kinds of scripted events.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png