As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC! Thread Title Update

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Lois & Clark: The New New Adventures of Superman

And make it just as sexual as the original's first season.
    It's the CW, you don't even need to ask.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

I don't know how familiar you are with L&C's first season but it was very sexual.

There is an episode where the B-Plot is a bet in which if Jimmy Olsen can prove that Cat Grant is blood-related to him they have to bang.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Apparently the Strange Adventures co-star is one of these folks, so not Swamp Thing.

Of these teases the one that sounds plausible enough and also has a little blurb that most feels like it teases a story, to me, is probably Metamorpho

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    give me the spectre

bring back gruesome, ironic punishments

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Huh

Legion of Superheroes #3 has finally started to show where Bendis is going with it and dropped some big hints
    Jon brings Damian into the future and everyone FREAKS OUT, and Saturn Girl wipes Damian's memory of the event and sends him back.

Later, without Jon around, the Legionnairres talk about Damian and Chameleon Lad calls him "Baby Hitler" (which Brainy says is a "very unfair" summation) with Lightning Lad saying that they don't know what point in the timeline he is from and that Jon being here is part of their effort to prevent that from happening

So it looks like while some of what the Legion told Jon is true (he is considered founder of the UP, Superman is a beloved universal icon etc.) They have been hiding their true motives for nabbing him

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    damien goes evil stuff is boring

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    damien goes evil stuff is boring
    It's also been part of his character since he was created, to be fair

Dude is the Batman who sold his soul to the Devil and brought an apocalypse to Gotham and fights to protect its ruins afterwards

Its also waaaaay too early to say what exactly its referring to, given how Brainy defended him

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That Damian story rules too

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Is that Batman #666 that we're talking about?

Good gravy, that was in 2007. A full 30 years ago, and yet I remember reading it like it was yesterday.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I like that story a lot!

Its just that it feels like every time someone remembers he exists thats the angle they take and I'm kinda tired of it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I...don't really get that, personally
    He has pretty consistently been a hero for over a decade now, through multiple reboots and even Batmen

Whereas Damian being evil is really only a thing in Batman 666 and Injustice and even then he has a face turn

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Coincidentally, there's a scene in this weeks Teen Titans where
    Damian is shown a vision of what will happen if he accepts an offer from the villain of the issue. We don't see it, but Damian starts crying and says "It's everything I've ever wanted. Which is why I can't be allowed to have it."

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I...don't really get that, personally
    He has pretty consistently been a hero for over a decade now, through multiple reboots and even Batmen

Whereas Damian being evil is really only a thing in Batman 666 and Injustice and even then he has a face turn
    Damian's a hero but he's got some flaws that tend to come with the childhood he had prior to Bruce taking him in. Also, with the dust-up going on between the JL and LoD, it's a little easy to forget he had a similar reaction to the events of No Justice that Luthor had. Not to the point of Doom but he's decided to just lock up villains in a secret jail rather then risk them getting loose again which is beyond what Bruce would find acceptable, much less the rest of the League.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    fully genre-savvy Damien, or Jason, would be a heck of a thing:

"I know that I can't actually kill you, or keep you locked up, because as long as you're popular you'll just keep coming back or escaping. So what I really need to do is make you unpopular. Take that away - if people think you're silly or stupid or boring, not worth talking about or paying attention to - and it'll be like you never existed."

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I was just thinking about someone in the know sitting Damien down for a talk, pointing out that his formative childhood years have been filled with all sorts of trauma, that both of his parents suffer from what would be considered massive mental health issues in anybody else, and that these are just two of the reasons why he is quite likely to face incredible behavioral, emotional, and personality challenges as he ages.

And then, in addition to helping him 'game out' his support network, just the reassurance that no matter what happens (and the meta text here is that future writers will always be tempted to tell an evil Damien story), there is always a way for him to work back from it and return to walking the path that leads to who he wants to be.

"Hang on to your hope and keep moving forward"

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Hello, I'm here to say I absolutely adored the CW Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover special in basically every way

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    I was just thinking about someone in the know sitting Damien down for a talk, pointing out that his formative childhood years have been filled with all sorts of trauma, that both of his parents suffer from what would be considered massive mental health issues in anybody else, and that these are just two of the reasons why he is quite likely to face incredible behavioral, emotional, and personality challenges as he ages.

And then, in addition to helping him 'game out' his support network, just the reassurance that no matter what happens (and the meta text here is that future writers will always be tempted to tell an evil Damien story), there is always a way for him to work back from it and return to walking the path that leads to who he wants to be.

"Hang on to your hope and keep moving forward"

Maybe also point out that if he wants to actually be Batman, he kinda has work to do.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Im pretty sure nobody knows Damians deficiencies better than himself.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Knowing is only half the battle

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Coincidentally, there's a scene in this weeks Teen Titans where
    Damian is shown a vision of what will happen if he accepts an offer from the villain of the issue. We don't see it, but Damian starts crying and says "It's everything I've ever wanted. Which is why I can't be allowed to have it."

Did the villain show him
    the darkwing episode about dark warrior duck?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Knowing is only half the battle

(the other half is red and blue lasers)

• Options
    PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

I don't know how familiar you are with L&C's first season but it was very sexual.

There is an episode where the B-Plot is a bet in which if Jimmy Olsen can prove that Cat Grant is blood-related to him they have to bang.
    I'll take your word on this one, I haven't watched the series since it was new.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    https://youtu.be/DXjRFCPiFoA

The Joker brings in DC skins for MK characters : Killer Croc (Baraka), Catwoman (Kitana), and The Batman Who Laughs (Noob)

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Apparently the Strange Adventures co-star is one of these folks, so not Swamp Thing.

Of these teases the one that sounds plausible enough and also has a little blurb that most feels like it teases a story, to me, is probably Metamorpho

Turns out it's Mr. Terrific

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

I don't know, I really like that Red Tornado idea as a pitch

I bet you could get a really neat 12 issue story out of that.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Looks like the Teen Titans' secret is finally out in April's Annual.
    W25Ub6K.jpg
    After Batman discovers the Teen Titans’ most shocking secrets, he arrives at Mercy Hall…and he wants a word with Robin. Don’t miss the confrontation between father and son that will alter the very course of the DC Universe. Will the Teen Titans ever be the same?

I'm curious to know where the group will go from here. Maybe third time will be the charm for Damian?

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    For some reason I'm watching season 2 of Titans on Netflix.

I thought Deathstroke's mask not having an eyehole on his blind side was a big part of his design, but I guess in this thing they decided he should instead have an eyehole with a red crosshair in it.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    In Shazam!, Geoff Johns is doing that thing he always does in every book were he digs up a bunch of goofy old villains that no one remembers and makes them cool.
    The Dummy, Herkimer the Crocodile Man, King Kull, Jeepers the Bat, Evil Eye, and the Goat Man.

I'm honestly surprised Mister Banjo isn't one of them.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    *sits backwards in chair*
    Okay kids, let me tell you about a real hot topic

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Snyder's Justice League run ended today and

Its pretty disappointing
    It ends with the Phantom Stranger and The Spectre showing up and telling the League, essentially, THE REAL FIGHT HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN AND ALL THE SHIT YOU DID PALES IN COMPARISON TO THIS BATTLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED

And then a literal teaser ad for the upcoming Metal sequel

Not really a huge fan of ending a 40+ (including annuals) issue run with a cliffhanger ending for an upcoming event story

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    A cliffhanger for an event that has no title, release window, or promotional material other than the writer/artist

• Options
    It's a real shitty ending!

I am sure they are gonna announce it soon enough but it is still super shitty even if we had full details

Just end your run well!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I am also double bummed because Tynion revealed that today is his final JLD issue

He was originally planned to stay on and finish his larger arc but Editorial decided to change plans and make Batman biweekly still instead of changing it back to monthly as originally announced.

So he had to drop JLD before his story was done. It was one of DC's best books!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Its pretty disappointing
    It ends with the Phantom Stranger and The Spectre showing up and telling the League, essentially, THE REAL FIGHT HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN AND ALL THE SHIT YOU DID PALES IN COMPARISON TO THIS BATTLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED

Not really a huge fan of ending a 40+ (including annuals) issue run with a cliffhanger ending for an upcoming event story

Maybe I'm misremembering
    I've only read the first few trades, but it seemed like the stakes were already pretty high in Snyder's run

"The end of all that is" kind of stakes

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    You can only threaten reality so much before I just lose interest. That's like 3 or 4 events in a row where all of existence is on the line.

• Options

Its pretty disappointing

Maybe I'm misremembering
    I've only read the first few trades, but it seemed like the stakes were already pretty high in Snyder's run

"The end of all that is" kind of stakes
    Yup!!

CYpGAPn.png