Options

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Why was Charlie Day all over the bowl? Sonic or is there something else?

Also why do the 49ers suck

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I mean, Charlie wants to make that paper.

He had a Tide ad as well, I think.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    He had like 4 tide ads

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

There was a tide ad during the pregame I think, where he got a spill on his shirt and wanted to clean his shirt and his wife was like, "Hello no, wait til after the Super Bowl" and he was like, "But I've got this massive stain on my shirt, this sucks", and she was like, "I don't care, wait til later", so all of the rest of the ads and popups or whatever are him checking in if it's later yet along with some other misc jokes. It was kind of amusing, as far as ads go. Mostly because Charlie Day is pretty funny.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

There was a tide ad during the pregame I think, where he got a spill on his shirt and wanted to clean his shirt and his wife was like, "Hello no, wait til after the Super Bowl" and he was like, "But I've got this massive stain on my shirt, this sucks", and she was like, "I don't care, wait til later", so all of the rest of the ads and popups or whatever are him checking in if it's later yet along with some other misc jokes. It was kind of amusing, as far as ads go. Mostly because Charlie Day is pretty funny.

Anything that gets Charlie Day doing freakouts on my screen is welcome in my opinion.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Oh don’t get me wrong, I love the dude, it was just surprising to see him all over the place.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    It was tide trying (and failing) to recreate the "nope, this is a tide ad" from last year.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Ya I wasn't a fan of them. Love Charlie but thought the ads were kind of dumb

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

I thought they were the best ones this year, especially the gotcha with the WW84 trailer.

The ads were pretty weak this year though, imo.

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    I’ll give some weight to Shanahan’s claim that he was worried about his defense getting tired considering they did, in fact, get shredded late

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    It seemed like an inordinate amount of the ads were rip offs of movies or older, better done, ad campaigns.

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular

I thought they were the best ones this year, especially the gotcha with the WW84 trailer.

Everyone had the same “bring in a shockingly expensive cameo” idea and it diluted the impact

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    I’ll give some weight to Shanahan’s claim that he was worried about his defense getting tired considering they did, in fact, get shredded late
    The easiest way to keep the defense from getting tired is to run the ball effectively. A 7-8 minute drive is a good way to give the D a breather.

• Options
    The groundhog day commercial was genius.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I have a hard time watching Bill Murray anymore though

Just a reminder that we won’t have him much longer

Sly Stallone too but idgaf so much about him

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    It seemed like an inordinate amount of the ads were rip offs of movies or older, better done, ad campaigns.

I liked the Mountain Dew one, since I felt it was also poking fun at Hollywood's current trend of remaking timeless classics.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Personally, I think they kinda undersold the end of the joke (where everyone looked poorly aged up in makeup), but my favorite part of the bit and what sold it for me was when there was one in the middle of The Masked Singer, asking if it was later yet as he was out there with all the singers.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Speaking of the Masked Singer, that was the 1st time I've watched the show and I guessed the identity of the unmasked singer. I can see why it's a ratings hit, that was pure joy when the head came off.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Replaying the game on NFLN. Almost at the half.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Replaying the game on NFLN. Almost at the half.

Think the 49ers will try to score before half this time?

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Xantomas wrote: »
    This can't be the worst timeline anymore because the Chiefs won the Superbowl! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Also, holy shit Shakira is sexy as hell. I knew this already, but goddamn

I think she actually broke my brain. I was standing when the show started and just didn’t sit down until halfway through.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    BBC News - Derrick Nnadi pays dog adoption fees after Super Bowl win

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51368668
    He paid all the adoption fees at a Kansas City dog shelter - after he made snow angels in confetti on the pitch.

The fee is normally around $150 (£115).

The KC Pet Project posted on Facebook that the player - who plays defence - has stumped up the costs for every single adoptable dog at all of their locations.

During the rest of the NFL season Nnadi paid for the adoption fee of a dog every time the Chiefs won.

:+1:

Jazz on
  • Options

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Holy fuck

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

I'm guessing the answer is "yes, it does."

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Foefaller wrote: »

I'm guessing the answer is "yes, it does."
    *Mahomes + Mickey*

Extra dark wrap-around shades and a slight grimace when the confetti cannon went off...someone was a little hung-over.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Fucking sports turds are right now spending time wondering if San Francisco should replace Garappolo.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Fucking sports turds are right now spending time wondering if San Francisco should replace Garappolo.

Hmm... Maybe Brady? Have Tawwmy shiv Garropolo twice?

Heck, #OperationPinkPony. Brady offers to sign with the 49ers. Garropolo goes back to the Patriots. Brady retires without playing a snap. Belichick continues to sacrifice puppies to whatever gods he's in league with.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Maybe it’s just because I live in Massachusetts without being a Pats fan, but isn’t this whole Brady drama basically the endowment effect writ large?

Everyone (well, mostly) here thinks Brady is still great and that teams will be clamoring for his services, but it seems like the teams with questionable QBs are more likely to stick with the guy they have rather than upend things for an ancient guy with questions about declining talent and increasing diva. Basically everybody overvaluing what they have.

Interested in some perspective.

• Options

I saw something about swapping garappolo with Brady and my head started hurting.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    Maybe it’s just because I live in Massachusetts without being a Pats fan, but isn’t this whole Brady drama basically the endowment effect writ large?

Everyone (well, mostly) here thinks Brady is still great and that teams will be clamoring for his services, but it seems like the teams with questionable QBs are more likely to stick with the guy they have rather than upend things for an ancient guy with questions about declining talent and increasing diva. Basically everybody overvaluing what they have.

Another team signing Brady to a fuck you money deal is akin to stunt casting for a movie at this point.

The Pats should make their minds up if they want him to ever play in another uniform, weigh that against what they think he gets on the open market and offer accordingly.

Any other team would be insane to offer him the money they might pay to play his last years- taking him at backup or rookie insurance is a different story but that's a different price tag

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    RedTide wrote: »

Another team signing Brady to a fuck you money deal is akin to stunt casting for a movie at this point.

The Pats should make their minds up if they want him to ever play in another uniform, weigh that against what they think he gets on the open market and offer accordingly.

Any other team would be insane to offer him the money they might pay to play his last years- taking him at backup or rookie insurance is a different story but that's a different price tag

Mark Davis: “Hey guys great news!”

maraji on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I want Brady to go to another team solely in order to settle the debate of how much of his greatness is because of Belichik.

Because I think its like 80% and I would love to watch him go to another team and just suuuuuck.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I want Brady to go to another team solely in order to settle the debate of how much of his greatness is because of Belichik.

Because I think its like 80% and I would love to watch him go to another team and just suuuuuck.

Dude is going to be 43 so it's not really a fair comparison. He clearly does not have the arm talent he used to have.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Basically let Bill send him to the Niners instead of Garappalo two (three?) seasons ago?

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

Mark Davis: “Hey guys great news!”

-"Hold our Beer"
    the Ford Family.

• Options
    Garappalo had a very solid season. I don’t think the 49ers are going to do better, and Shanahan is the one who fucked up not Garappalo.

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    Garappalo had a very solid season. I don’t think the 49ers are going to do better, and Shanahan is the one who fucked up not Garappalo.

It's rare for the coach to get them blame unless they make an absolutely silly choice like taking the wind. That's why there is no shortage of next opportunities for failed (white) coaches.

Adam Gase will probably end up coaching Chicago or something in a couple of years.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

The logic around this at least makes some sense, as a hypothetical at least. There's been multiple high leverage situations, including the end of the 1at half of the SB, this year where Shanahan has called plays like he doesn't have faith in his QB, plus they have an out this year.

It's dumb because he's good enough and teams never let good enough walk, even if they have to overpay for it. Just like how Dallas is going to pay Dak, he's there already and he's good enough. The rest of it is just Jerrah's bullshit posturing.

This discussion has been closed.