As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    There's no way to get Gen1 or 2 over so, I'm guessing the Blissey is from Gen 3
    Gen 1 and 2 can import to Bank from Virtual Console. Even get a nifty original GameBoy-shaped mark for it.

Edit: Oh this was specifically on a DS cart ... that's correct then. Emerald had all those Gen 1 TM move tutors.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I'm falling down a horrible hole here

I don't seem to have ever caught the Lugia in my HG game, so I've been looking up legendaries in gen 4-7 and I think I've missed a ton. Some are events of course, but quite a lot I just seem to have never bothered with (like Cobalion, Terrakion etc.)

Also in Sun I stopped immediately after beating the E4 so the entire postgame still needs to be done, I don't think I've even seen a single ultra beast yet.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I'm falling down a horrible hole here

I don't seem to have ever caught the Lugia in my HG game, so I've been looking up legendaries in gen 4-7 and I think I've missed a ton. Some are events of course, but quite a lot I just seem to have never bothered with (like Cobalion, Terrakion etc.)

Also in Sun I stopped immediately after beating the E4 so the entire postgame still needs to be done, I don't think I've even seen a single ultra beast yet.

You have.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    So I'm down to just needing Zamazenta to finish my dex for Sword.

I tossed a couple of spare legendaries that were tradeable up on GTS trying to snag one.

I realize though, I should have bred an absolute TON of Phione's before transferring out of bank. You can get almost ANYTHING for those right now.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Ok, so we’re all gonna be in the same boat.

So let’s plan a Dex Completion Jamboree some evening.

Room trades can have up to 20 people in them. You can lock them to a code.

So we all go in, put up stuff anyone/everyone needs for Home National, and just trade around until everyone gets everything.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    The gts wouldn't let me trade phiones earlier. I had like 4 sitting around each one was a "special" Pokemon and couldn't be traded

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I think I would be down for that trade room, but my mission is to own as many as possible for the national dex. Right now I am working on eggs for Gen 1.

I have a bunch of extra legendaries (shiny ones too). I'd love to trade for legendaries I need.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I think I would be down for that trade room, but my mission is to own as many as possible for the national dex. Right now I am working on eggs for Gen 1.

I have a bunch of extra legendaries (shiny ones too). I'd love to trade for legendaries I need.

Since tradebacks wouldn't be really possible, we'd have to only put up "extras" anyway.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    (I'm just now playing Ultra Sun, it's new to me, for the context of this.)
    So I never paid attention to when Dartrix evolved into Decidueye. He shed Flying type and gained Ghost type. Does... that mean he died in the process? I'm concerned by this evolution.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I am currently at 399/400. Could I trouble someone to briefly trade their Zamazenta for my Zacian later tonight?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I successfully Quick Balled Necrozma. Guess I just have a Master Ball surplus now...

• Options
    Pokefam, I’m assuming the only way to get a Cosmoem is to play through SuMo (or ultra?) again and just... stop before catching Solgaleo or Lunala? Same with Poipole and its evo?

Given that, if I decide to go that way, should I do Ultra(opposite) of what I have?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Pokefam, I’m assuming the only way to get a Cosmoem is to play through SuMo (or ultra?) again and just... stop before catching Solgaleo or Lunala? Same with Poipole and its evo?

Given that, if I decide to go that way, should I do Ultra(opposite) of what I have?

If you go to the other legendary place in the post game you can get another Cosmong, I'm p sure.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i can do tradebacks of any legendary on home (as soon as they fix friend trades)
    and i have a bunch of spares of almost anything, and can breed anything from SWSH

Oh, I did the DNS thing on my 3DS and got a bunch of cool event exclusives from Gen 4 and 5.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Oh, I did the DNS thing on my 3DS and got a bunch of cool event exclusives from Gen 4 and 5.

And suddenly I am sad I traded in most of (if not all) my physical copies of Pokemon games. I have X, Omega Ruby, and Sun digitally, but I assume they don't have something like this.

edit: I probably have a bunch of these, but I saw there was a Mewtwo that I could've grabbed.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Finally picked up Floofy Doggo, on the theory that most people bought Stabby Doggo and trades would be easier. Picked up an extra Lotad, and figured I'd trade for its Sword counterpart Seedot. I go to do a trade, offer up my Lotad, and they offer an enormous all-powerful space dragon. I cancel and offer Lotad again, hoping they'd get the hint, but they respond with "NO WE TRADE WITH ENORMOUS ALL-POWERFUL SPACE DRAGON." Every single time. Is there a way around this? I just want a damn Seedot.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Wait, so they were giving you a giant space dragon and you said no? Get a Seedot in the next trade!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Wait, so they were giving you a giant space dragon and you said no? Get a Seedot in the next trade!

Hah, I wish. They immediately cancel and put the dragon up again, in hopes that I put up a gigantic interdimensional plasma octopus or something. I mean, if I had that, I wouldn't lead with the Lotad.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options

And suddenly I am sad I traded in most of (if not all) my physical copies of Pokemon games. I have X, Omega Ruby, and Sun digitally, but I assume they don't have something like this.

edit: I probably have a bunch of these, but I saw there was a Mewtwo that I could've grabbed.

well those i can get the wondercards via special methods for you

And count me in the trade party

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    So, in my X game, I have it beaten from awhile ago. Found my way to Mewtwo (woo!). Gonna master ball that sucker. Then it is on to the 3 birds I think? This means I won't have to sprint through the 3ds red/blue game to get all of that. Then it is on to sprinting through Omega Ruby for stuff and finishing Sun.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a Melmetal and a Volcanion I could borrow to complete my Home Pokédex?

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular

wait the what now?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options

wait the what now?

Setting up your home network to redirect the game trying to pull event stuff to a private server hosting the old event data or something, iirc.

• Options
    So, in my X game, I have it beaten from awhile ago. Found my way to Mewtwo (woo!). Gonna master ball that sucker. Then it is on to the 3 birds I think? This means I won't have to sprint through the 3ds red/blue game to get all of that. Then it is on to sprinting through Omega Ruby for stuff and finishing Sun.

there is only one Legendary bird in XY, and it depends on your chosen starter. When I chose Fennekin, I got Zapdos. Oh, and they're very annoying roamers.

The trick is Polaritie mentioned. I feel like getting cool legendaries and a Shiny Milotic this way is legit enough to not to feel guilty about it.

RockinX, I can help with those, but i don't know if home friend trading is working

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

there is only one Legendary bird in XY, and it depends on your chosen starter. When I chose Fennekin, I got Zapdos. Oh, and they're very annoying roamers.

The trick is Polaritie mentioned. I feel like getting cool legendaries and a Shiny Milotic this way is legit enough to not to feel guilty about it.

RockinX, I can help with those, but i don't know if home friend trading is working

Is it really any different from spitting out Jirachis via Gamecube?

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

wait the what now?

Setting up your home network to redirect the game trying to pull event stuff to a private server hosting the old event data or something, iirc.

I’m gonna assume that doesn’t work for Zeraora right?

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

wait the what now?

I’m gonna assume that doesn’t work for Zeraora right?

no that's just for old old games
    but there is homebrew on 3ds that gives you wondercards/mystery gifts from gens 7 and 8

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Here is my proposal:

Given the above limitations of HOME's trading (for some stupid reason), here's what I'm planning:

PA's Turbo Round-Robin HOME Dex Completion Room Trade Jamboree Alpha Z III:

1. Participants join a group chat on Steam or Discord (min 3 people)
    2. Each participant chooses a "difficult to get" Pokemon that most to all of the others need to register. (Up to Legendary/Mythical)
    3. Participants enter a private room trade
    4. Each participant puts up the previously agreed-upon Pokemon.
    5. Trades continue (I assume new rooms will have to be hosted) until everyone has registered all Pokemon in the "pool."
    6. Once you receive your original Pokemon back (if you want it, see above Legendary/Mythical), you may elect to stop trading (or put up a different 'mon)
    7. Repeat until everyone is bored.

Good examples of "difficult to get" Pokemon that don't require you to risk your Legendary/Mythicals: "Middle" evos of basically anything that has one. Fossil Pokemon. Version exclusives. Original 151. Starters at any evo. Stuff that evolved on trade. Stuff that needed an stone/item to evolve. Try to offer things that aren't available in Sword/Shield (as those can all be got through normal trades without these shenanigans)

If you do want to do Legendaries/Mythicals, everyone will need to agree not to be a goose, and keep the trades going until everyone has their own stuff back. (Since we will not be able to "direct" trade or choose our trade partner)

For efficiency's sake, I wouldn't recommend more than 4 people participate in a single room. I suspect a full "round" with 4 people will take at least an hour, possibly more if RNG hates us. Maybe much less, I really have no idea.

Now, for scheduling. If anyone is interested, I am generally available most evenings after 8pm PST. Mostly available in the afternoons as well.

Who's with me?

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I got the thing that lets me summon Meltan in GO today, but only got a little over a hundred candy, so it will take me like 3 more weeks to evolve it

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options

Just got Articuno after a billion balls thrown. Stinks about the other two, but maybe I'll feel like playing through digital Red/Blue for them.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So Pokemon home's GTS is as garbage as I always remember GTS being. It does not matter who I look for 99% of what people want back are legendaries.

I want to offer an Alolan Sandslash and request an Alolan Vulpix but there doesn't seem to be a way to specify the Alolan version.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So Pokemon home's GTS is as garbage as I always remember GTS being. It does not matter who I look for 99% of what people want back are legendaries.

I want to offer an Alolan Sandslash and request an Alolan Vulpix but there doesn't seem to be a way to specify the Alolan version.

@Brainiac 8 I just put up an Alolan Vulpix asking for a Sandslash. Give it a go!

Cruor on
  • Options
    Cruor wrote: »

@Brainiac 8 I just put up an Alolan Vulpix asking for a Sandslash. Give it a go!

I searched Vulpix but yours didn't come up. ☹️

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options

Try filtering by the Let's Go games. That should narrow it down

• Options

I think that worked. I just accepted the trade and sent over my sandslash. Hopefully it was yours that I made the trade with. Thanks a bunch!

I just hope the GTS calms down and less of that stupid legendary requirements ends up happening.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options

I think that worked. I just accepted the trade and sent over my sandslash. Hopefully it was yours that I made the trade with. Thanks a bunch!

I just hope the GTS calms down and less of that stupid legendary requirements ends up happening.

It's not popping up for me yet but if it was someone else that's fine by me!

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I have some Pokemon that it shows that I have in the dex in Home on Switch, but not in the dex in Home on my phone

Think it might be related to regional forms, since it's specifically Marowak, Grimer and Weezing

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Hey y'all, have a quick request that isn't related to the vidjagames, so I hope I'm in the right place. My friend's son's 12th birthday is coming up, and I'm not able to attend, but I'd like to get him a cool gift. His party is Pokemon-themed, and I've been told "he likes any Pokemon cards." So, uh ... what should I get him? I have no idea what the current state of the CCG is (nor did I ever), so I'm not sure what I should pick up. Is there anything new to grab, or anything the kids love?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    They have a lot of promo boxes with exclusive and rare cards in them, those are always fun for a kid. The newest set is based of Sword and Shield and it's called VMAX.

• Options
    Despite the GTS being mostly a mess of untradable and impossible requests, I managed to snag a foreign 4IV Ditto. This will be rather handy for Matsudaing!