As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Legends of tomorrow made me laugh really hard when they did the thing with The Atom

It's been so long since I've seen an episode that I really went
    Did I miss half a season, where did the stoner come from? But obviously resolved

Also on supergirl

I was going to spoiler this because I didnt understand how this happened at first, but I rewatched the scene and completely missed that the reporter reporting on a social media terrorist didnt recognize him because he was wearing glasses. Such a dumbgreat handwave.

edit: I guess I have a track record with missing like a chunk of the last 2 minutes of episodes.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    No idea how Green Arrow and the Canaries will turn out but Batwoman's been pretty great. It'll definitely fill that Arrow void for me for now.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Green Arrow and the Canaries hasn't been picked up yet. Hopefully it will, since I hate cliffhangers that never get resolved.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Batwoman post crisis
    I was kind of hoping they would use the introduction of good Beth to just nail the coffin on bad Beth. But I am betting they will merge since they are going to the trouble of trying to make us feel bad for bad Beth. I guess she works from the shadows after that? I think the show has gotten better, but I really hope this gets wrapped up quickly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    I really hope that Winn returns to CatCo and starts a labor union.

Preferably with singing.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I really hope that Winn returns to CatCo and starts a labor union.

Preferably with singing.

I do not like Winn and was happy when he got replaced with Brainy.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    The arrow send off/epilogue stuff was pretty nicely done. It's hard for a show to end well, they did pretty good in the end.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Legends continues to be the most entertaining of the CW series.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

How many times can they go the Thawne route in Flash. It seems a lot.
    I thought the sendoff in Legends was a good one for Thawne but nope. Flash has to bring him back again and again and again.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Finally caught up on Legends via Netflix through the last available season there. The show is my favorite of the Arrowverse and the characters are great, but writing wise, it felt like it lost it in the last half of the season. It felt like, somehow, plans changed or they just were writing episode to episode and not planning long-term. Some of the connective tissue between episodes felt very weak.

Legends is still the best of them, though.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Finally caught up on Legends via Netflix through the last available season there. The show is my favorite of the Arrowverse and the characters are great, but writing wise, it felt like it lost it in the last half of the season. It felt like, somehow, plans changed or they just were writing episode to episode and not planning long-term. Some of the connective tissue between episodes felt very weak.

Legends is still the best of them, though.

They actually did change the plans partway through.
    Thomas F. Wilson was supposed to be the bad guy but because they liked his dynamic with the cast, they altered it so he would have a change of heart.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    They actually did change the plans partway through.
    Thomas F. Wilson was supposed to be the bad guy but because they liked his dynamic with the cast, they altered it so he would have a change of heart.
    That explains some of it, then. And I was happy with that specific change, then, even if it hurt his characterization overall (ESPECIALLY when you binge it). It did allow a good arc for him....but it also wasn't the only thing.

Little things, like Mona and Gary clearly being into each other, until abruptly Mona wasn't. It's fine, but, it's an example of how the actual season arc didn't feel planned at all and I felt it hurt the overall story.

Still eagerly awaiting the current season to hit Netflix, though.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    The current season of legends really just pushes all the cheese buttons in just the right way. It's really incredible just how completely off the rails stuff goes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

How many times can they go the Thawne route in Flash. It seems a lot.
    I thought the sendoff in Legends was a good one for Thawne but nope. Flash has to bring him back again and again and again.

To the Flash thread!

• Options
    Looks like all Arrow-verse shows have halted production due to the Coronavirus.

https://tvline.com/2020/03/13/the-flash-coronavirus-season-6-shut-down-production/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    supersporksuperspork Registered User regular
    It was a little bit "corporate woke" with all the pitfalls that that entails but it was still really good for this week's episode of Supergirl to actually talk about trans groups and the major difficulties they face.

Also,
    Right at the end when I had just thought that it pretty much guaranteed that Dean Cain wouldn't guest on there again, Alex gets a phone call that their dad has been found and is dead.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Also, Upswipez is the company/app that Ray Palmer worked on when he was trying to go legit as a (briefly) former Legend.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Well, since Lucifer is officially part of this multiverse:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/lucifer-season-6-jeopardy-over-163056078.html

• Options
    It's going to be the final season. It's so strange that that is going down now, I would have thought it would have been hard for him to appear at all in the CW stuff, and was a sign that everyone was on board and doing stuff in good faith.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It seems like a bad time for actors to be turning down work in general.

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Especially as it seems everyone else on cast is on-board pending him accepting, based on that article. Don't know the details, but it would be disappointing if he was willing to burn the entire cast and crew like that.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Even more so when the character could so easily be Dr. Who'd for as many seasons as the show is popular.

It might be tough to find someone that could bring the same energy to the role, but "I'm Satan, I can look however I want to look" should cover pretty much any casting change for that role.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Alex Boniello has been on a few things with giant bomb and hes pretty cool, that seems like it would be neat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    So I've been watching Arrow from S1 again now that its done and, you know, the world ended.

Holy shit S6 is terrible. What happened?

• Options
    Legends is basically a live action cartoon.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Oh man, Ruby Rose isn't coming back for season 2 of Batwoman. I wonder who they'll get to replace her?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/batwoman-shocker-ruby-rose-exits-cw-drama-season-2-1295227

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Rachel Maddow?

• Options
    jclast wrote: »
    Oh man, Ruby Rose isn't coming back for season 2 of Batwoman. I wonder who they'll get to replace her?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/batwoman-shocker-ruby-rose-exits-cw-drama-season-2-1295227
    This is the perfect time to run a Reign of the Supermen Batwomen arc.

Luke as Batwing, Kate's love interest as Black Bat, a new actress playing Cassandra Cain as Batgirl, and whatever you'd call Alice pretending to be her sister.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    It's almost a shame she didn't decide she wanted out sooner (apparently this isn't uncommon with film actors making the jump to TV, especially cable, who are completely unprepared for the punishing schedule), as then her new actor could have been switched in during the Crisis.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Just switch actors without mentioning it.
    Then do a five second throwaway line in Flash:
    "You caused another Flashpoint? Dammit, Barry-"
    "No, it's cool. There's only one change and no-one noticed it, we're good."

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Just switch actors without mentioning it.
    Then do a five second throwaway line in Flash:
    "You caused another Flashpoint? Dammit, Barry-"
    "No, it's cool. There's only one change and no-one noticed it, we're good."
    Either Flash or Legends are the best shot at changing it with little handwaving.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I honestly hope they just use a new actor and don't mention it in-universe.
    Viewers are familiar with this sort of thing, we're capable of dealing with Dumbledore changing.
    If they try to be clever and give it an explanation, that just opens you up to the logic flaws, asking how the appearance of one person could be the only thing changed by one of the Legends stepping on a butterfly or whatever.

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    The Legends aren’t going to step on the butterfly.

They are going to merge into Beebo, and then crush the butterfly.

:D

• Options
    Remember that time they recast Sarah without saying anything?

I'm disappointed that original Sarah never made it on crisis.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    A real shame that she's leaving. She was great as Batwoman.

I will never forgive Alice for:
    Killing poor Mouse. He just wanted out. Poisoning him was just beyond the pale. :(

• Options
    They could always have Alice give forced plastic surgery on Kate. Boom, instant new face and actress.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    A real shame that she's leaving. She was great as Batwoman.

I will never forgive Alice for:
    Killing poor Mouse. He just wanted out. Poisoning him was just beyond the pale. :(
    If only that kind of trick would work on Batwoman, so they didn't need to worry about getting kryptonite.
    I really, really don't like where this storyline has gone. They're going on about this as the only possible way to kill Batwoman, as if she's invulnerable without it.

Surely you couldn't kill her with poison, or gas, or drowning, or stabbing her one of the times you just show up while she's in civvie clothes, or shooting her with the special gun which is the only way to beat the Batsuit that you spent a lot of time stealing a dozen episodes ago.

It's become very obvious that they didn't have a season long arc figured out for this, so they've had to repeat some of the plots they already used.

I like the core of the show, but I'm hoping this manages to be better from next season. Supergirl and Legends both managed to seriously outpace their first season, so I'm hopeful.

klemming on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I can already hear the haters. I think this was a great choice.