As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I was supposed to leave my [job] at noon

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I meant no disrespect to the product or it's community

I love rice a roni

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    ah I just have lots of people go "oh pilaf? Why are you buying that 99 cent junk when it's easy... just follow this recipe that takes an extra 20 minutes and $10 worth of groceries" so I'm always a bit defensive lol

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I like the cheddar broccoli rice a roni

my dad fuckin' loves the chicken flavor, we ate that at least once a week when I was a kid

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Airport has suspended all hiring (surprise). Hiring coordinator was really pleasant, asked about how I'm doing during all this, seemed like a great person.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Yeah hold on to your rice as best as you can. I haven't been able to find even basic basmati in my local winco lately. Pasta at least seems to get regularly restocked, but rice eludes me at the moment.

A couple of years ago, I bought a 25 (11.33kg) lb bag of rice at Costco. It may just last me the rest of my life.

WHO'S STUPID NOW?

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Got some new guidelines on profitability from corporate.

It's basically lay off 80% of my employees to stay open.

Yay being an essential business

• Options
    I am basically done with 2020 at this point

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Snagged a bag of rice on my lunch break. Still had some in a mason jar at home, but only like 1/4 full.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    The only pasta that was left was Gluten Free

jokes on you I'm celiac

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    The only thing left in my store was bean pasta and American Mac & Cheese. The yin/yang of the pasta shelf.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    The only pasta that was left was Gluten Free

jokes on you I'm celiac

Hi celiac I'm dad.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    started showing possible covid symptoms last friday

confirmed fever middle of saturday while we were doing a major power cut over so I had to abandon the other tech working

called state hot line and was denied testing

got shortness of breath on sunday, went to the ER, they said oxygen levels were fine, i had all the symptoms and no other explanation but they refused testing due to material shortage

told work, CEO didn't understand why they should treat it as if I had COVID-19, told them i'm on 14 day quarantine regardless

CEO and assistant manager want all dept heads in the office for part of each week because???

can't find laptops to help other departments do work from home

everything is shit and i can't stop coughing

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Damn, good luck

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Christ stay safe Kadith, just in case if you have someone nearby who can get you to the ER if it gets worse, please do so. :( Stay strong and all the :bro: emojis for you.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Welp.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    besides the cough my symptoms are getting better by the day, shortness of breath was short lived fortunately

my main concern is trying to put in place resources and plans so that it doesn't rip through us because some folks aren't taking it seriously

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    I'm about ready to scream with the whitelisting I've been doing with the load balancer at work. It would be nice if a) people would listen to what I specifically request and b) other people don't step in to add their own two cents and confuse everyone.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Yeah right now it's people who couldn't get shit before are starting to hoard (make multiple trips or bring multiple people).

I just want to get like 4-5 boxes of rice a roni and some chicken and frozen veggies is that so much to ask?

The Wegmans on Rt.31 has a decent amount of rice and roni, normal rice, and some pasta left as of this evening.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    We are having a virtual spirit week next week. Each day is themed to a specific teacher and their interests. Students are can post their responses.

I was picked to be next Friday and am games, books, recreational things. I need to send in a picture.

I’m thinking of sitting in a big chair in my basement, surrounded by Lego, wearing a VR headset and a three piece suit, while reading a book.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I just got my "congratulations for five years of employment" certificate.

.....I've worked here for 8 years

its dated 2017

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I just got my "congratulations for five years of employment" certificate.

.....I've worked here for 8 years

its dated 2017

I got both my five and ten year pins in year 11. I didn’t even know they were a thing.

• Options
    My five year golf club is wedged behind one of my safes in my office.

Bonus- it's a wedge club.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    We are having a virtual spirit week next week. Each day is themed to a specific teacher and their interests. Students are can post their responses.

I was picked to be next Friday and am games, books, recreational things. I need to send in a picture.

I’m thinking of sitting in a big chair in my basement, surrounded by Lego, wearing a VR headset and a three piece suit, while reading a book.

Don't forget the Hawaiian shirt!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Worked 12 hours today on a COVID extract for a dashboard. If I don't finish it tomorrow I'll have to work over the weekend. As to think, I had scheduled PTO for tomorrow because I'd run out of things I could do when there was a freeze on all non COVID related or emergency changes in prod.

At least my boss knows my PTO on the 10th is real and he can't touch that one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Seeing a lot of bicycles getting shipped for a country that should be on lockdown.

sig.gif
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

I'm guessing your seven year driver is in your car?

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Ain't worked there seven years yet.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »

I'm guessing your seven year driver is in your car?

He won't get that award until year ten.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Hey, I just wanted to come in here and say that we've been hauling ass and getting slammed at the same time.

My principle area of expertise is new client applications. We've had over half a million unique new IPs hit us in the past few days alone that's.. .unprecidented. Page views, applications, call numbers all just astronomical. Our call center hours of business have doubled, and we're still seeing call queues well into the night. We're even taking spill over and load from Healthline, just to help out where we can.

We've pushed a half dozen significant updates to Prod, and have two more scheduled for Sunday and Monday night. We're getting permissions to bring down Prod in the middle of the day to get updates while there's more client load on the system than ever before.

We've pushed out not one but 2 whole new products in the last week, which have already paid out $2.7 Billion ito over 400,000 recipients - a large proportion of which are new clients. And there's I-don't-even-know how many coming through the pipeline still, load after load and funnel after funnel, and we're trying to get that pipeline just as open as it can get so we can get to it all.

My team is putting in extra miles at the moment. We're doing our very best to haul ass while bringing nothing less than our A-game, we're doing our very best to support the rest of the organistion; we're helping them, and there's people helping us, and everyone is putting down some fucking fire to do this right.

It's been a fucking week, is what I'm saying, and we're doing our best to make each other - the country - proud. We're public fucking servants, and this week we're earning our fucking coffee. Even if the baristas are in lockdown.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I will buy you a coffee, mate. I'll buy you a bag of beans of you want them.

Rockstar.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Sorce wrote: »
    Seeing a lot of bicycles getting shipped for a country that should be on lockdown.

Which country is on lockdown? It sure isn't the USA, even though it really should

We're almost to 30/50

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/states-shut-essential-businesses-map/story?id=69770806

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

Bikes are a great way to distance yourself from other people tho.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Cormac wrote: »
    Yeah right now it's people who couldn't get shit before are starting to hoard (make multiple trips or bring multiple people).

I just want to get like 4-5 boxes of rice a roni and some chicken and frozen veggies is that so much to ask?

The Wegmans on Rt.31 has a decent amount of rice and roni, normal rice, and some pasta left as of this evening.

@Cormac Over by the mall?

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Karl, we need you to coordinate the contingency planning for the programme.

Oh right, you mean the telecoms national infrastructure programme that's got loads of government focus because it's now categorised as critical national infrastructure?

Yeah that one

You wankers know it's Friday right?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    If nothing else, perhaps this crisis will free us all from the tyranny of pants once and for all.

Why Walmart Is Seeing a Rise In the Sale Of Tops, But Not Bottoms During the Coronavirus Crisis.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Next week was supposed to be spring break. It meant no work for me.

I have received an email telling my my support is essential, especially since we have no idea how this is going to look as we spin up a support process and service desk for families at home.

Normally next week is unpaid non-duty time. They promise they're going to give me paid days off before the end of the school year to make up for it. Paid days off during what's usually the busiest most deadline heavy part of the school year. Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

Oh right, you mean the telecoms national infrastructure programme that's got loads of government focus because it's now categorised as critical national infrastructure?

Yeah that one

Yeah but they also know you ain't goin' out.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »

Yeah that one

Yeah but they also know you ain't goin' out.

I have a Houseparty webcam chat at 6pm with the lads.

I GOT PLANS

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »

Cormac Over by the mall?

Yes, down the road from it.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So Austin declared shelter in place Tuesday and we’d already made a schedule to work from home some days keeping only 1 person in for each half of the work we do. But my company as a whole was declared essential.

So here my essential ass is, sitting at work, planning to play Animal Crossing all day. Glad I could get exposed to people for this.

This discussion has been closed.