Options

Animal Crossing: Putting the "social" back in "social-distancing."

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Thanks for letting me touch your rug Anti-Sean.

Heh heh. I touched your rug.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me touch your rug Anti-Sean.

Heh heh. I touched your rug.

Perverse. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be over here manicuring these hedges. (Snip snip snip!)

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    BRB, customizing the drapes in my house to match.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Morning price of 75 means I’m either going to spike like a mothernooker in a couple days or continue my multi-year streak of never seeing a price above 140 in my hometown shop that has been going since City Folk.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Also, for the people who like making zen/meditation zones, my Nooks has this today.

IlmLe9c.jpg?1

@MuddBudd I would like to buy this thing. Let me know if you open. I am working hard from home today.

Me working from home (spoiler for size):
    ahu9w0rmnjr41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ecfaba84255affe96aa9859d85dc8d72c46e9f3c

rndmhero on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Also, for the people who like making zen/meditation zones, my Nooks has this today.

IlmLe9c.jpg?1

@MuddBudd I would like to buy this thing. Let me know if you open. I am working hard from home today.

ahu9w0rmnjr41.jpg

Sure, Dodo Code: HPRSF

We also have Saharah in town, and Able's has some very cute hair bows in the fitting room.

Turnip prices are awful of course.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    I have turnip prices of 474 this afternoon. Set it up on turnip exchange:

https://turnip.exchange/island/c01d325c

Not requesting tips or anything, but I am still missing oranges and peaches if anyone felt like dropping a few off to plant. :)

• Options
    twmjr wrote: »

Not requesting tips or anything, but I am still missing oranges and peaches if anyone felt like dropping a few off to plant. :)

OOF, well, that's the risk with the market. A ton of us just sold at 399!

Good luck!

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular

Good luck!

I sold at 200+ earlier this week myself :(

• Options
    Now I feel terrible for selling to so many folks at 306 yesterday.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Anti-Sean wrote: »

It’s the right decision with the information available at the time

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Weird thing about paths: they're actually made of the material they say they are. If you play down, say a stone or brick path you can't dig into it; if you lay down a dirt or sand path, you can. This means that fossils/eggs can spawn under some paths but not others.

Which would have been nice to know before I laid down a bunch of dirt under my fun park in an attempt to prevent those things from doing just that. Imagine my surprise.

Yeah, this means you can plant coconuts anywhere you want with a square of sand.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

Good luck!

Eh, that's the risk. The more people there are, the higher the probability someone will get a ridiculous spike, but it all depends on your risk tolerance. 400 bells was plenty for me, and it beats the heck out of my 171 cap for the week!

https://turnipprophet.io/index.html

seems to be the best tool for actually figuring out what you're going to end up at since you can (visually at least) see the probability you're in a particular pattern. The plotting version here https://elxris.github.io/Turnip-Calculator/ doesn't show you the probability you'll be getting any particular price, which to my mind, makes it rather deceptive.

• Options
    I mean, 300 bells is still like 3x the buy price. Oh no, people made triple their money back instead of 5x. Whatever shall we do? :)

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I mean, 300 bells is still like 3x the buy price. Oh no, people made triple their money back instead of 5x. Whatever shall we do? :)

Tear the world asunder and start anew.

But seriously I will not diminish Silverwind’s generosity in opening their island to us. 399 per turnip is more than adequate and I am more than happy with my ~2 million in profit.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I'm still pretty happy with the profit I made. I'm sitting one just over 2 million now.

Anything in the 400+ range is amazing returns.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Opening up. Kicks in plaza, turnip prices are bad. Please do not shake the trees.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

God I luv ya, thanks so much!
    Left 9 oranges and 9 peaches for ya. Just buying some flowers I was missing before leaving.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I'm sitting on ~750K of profit for loaning my money out for what, 3 days? Yeah, I'm pretty damned happy. Thanks SilverWind. :D

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

Thanks, my wife’s character is going to drop a peach for you. :+1:

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

In queue now. Looks like you got those oranges/peaches so I'll bring over a nook miles ticket or something.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Does everyone get to terraform or is this another prime player only thing?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular

Thanks, my wife’s character is going to drop a peach for you. :+1:

Is this dirty? It sounds dirty.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    how can i get some different flooring for the outside? i want dirt and colors and stuff.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular

Quite happy with the bells I made, was able to pay off my current loan and a bridge with money left over after. No regrets here!

• Options
    ShubNiggurathShubNiggurath Arkham, MARegistered User regular
    how can i get some different flooring for the outside? i want dirt and colors and stuff.

You will be able to purchase options with your nook miles after you unlock terraforming

High Priestess Ubb of the island of Yhe Abyss
    VillagerDB Wish List
  • Options
    rndmhero wrote: »

IlmLe9c.jpg?1

ahu9w0rmnjr41.jpg

Sure, Dodo Code: HPRSF

We also have Saharah in town, and Able's has some very cute hair bows in the fitting room.

Turnip prices are awful of course.

Still open, but AFK for bit.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    So why is everyone obsessed with turnips and is there something i should be doing to join in?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    So why is everyone obsessed with turnips and is there something i should be doing to join in?

It's like a stock market mini-game. Buy low on Sunday, watch prices through the week, and sell high to make a ton of bells (sometimes over a million bells)

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    It’s a stock market except the patterns have been reverse-engineered and you can visit other markets so there isn’t actually any downside risk. The only risk is not capturing 100% of the upside.

So not at all like a real stock market.

Orca on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular

Also money is Animal Crossing is weird. Early on, it's a considerable gate, as the cost of housing upgrades vs amount you can make from selling insects/fish dictates the unlock curve for your island. Once you've crossed some threshold from a big tarantula/turnip score, though, it just stops mattering. The addition of bridges and inclines adds a small money sink, but for most people that probably only pushes that threshold out a week or two at most.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Does everyone get to terraform or is this another prime player only thing?

Everyone gets terraforming.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wait, shit. Was that the rug for sale yesterday? Argh! I popped out so as not to clog stuff up but I neeeeeeds me one of them.

I have two spares in storage, and 1 extra laid out in my house that I can part with if demand dictates and people need them now, without having to wait for catalog orders. I’ve already maxed out my catalog orders for today, but I can order more tomorrow and have them available on Friday. I’m also happy to leave one out for people to pick up/put down to add to their own catalogs.

It’s a standard medium rug that costs 1,500 bells, so I’m not worried about the price. I’m in need of basic seeds for cosmos, lilies and mums, though, if anyone feels like leaving a few of those in return for a magic circle rug.

I’ve opened back up and am dropping a magic circle rug by the airport now-ish. Dodo code: N0XH4.

Sadly I am working, but thank you!

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

Gonna need to make two trips but that means I can bring goodies on my second.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Sweet, the town hall is selling the cool black garden gnome for me today. And a different version of the Switch. This one is docked, and is Animal Crossing themed.

I would like to catalog both of those things!

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Wait, shit. Was that the rug for sale yesterday? Argh! I popped out so as not to clog stuff up but I neeeeeeds me one of them.

I have two spares in storage, and 1 extra laid out in my house that I can part with if demand dictates and people need them now, without having to wait for catalog orders. I’ve already maxed out my catalog orders for today, but I can order more tomorrow and have them available on Friday. I’m also happy to leave one out for people to pick up/put down to add to their own catalogs.

It’s a standard medium rug that costs 1,500 bells, so I’m not worried about the price. I’m in need of basic seeds for cosmos, lilies and mums, though, if anyone feels like leaving a few of those in return for a magic circle rug.

I’ve opened back up and am dropping a magic circle rug by the airport now-ish. Dodo code: N0XH4.

Sadly I am working, but thank you!

Sure thing! Feel free to send me a friend request when you’re able if you’d like, and I can mail one to you. Or hit me up some time on here.

In other news, a balloon drop gave me this ‘star costume’ to which I can only say thank you... thank you very much:

oh4gn1yuge1b.jpeg

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular

Aw I missed it

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I really want that wrestling arena wallpaper but I lack pretty much everything furniture themed to go with it, so I will just wait till I get my catalog up some.

• Options
    akjak wrote: »

Aw I missed it

I live to serve! New Dodo Code: 1PFWG.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Finally got a non-native fruit Miles Island last night. Dug up so many and transplanted them to my island.

Turnip prices have been in the 60s all week... looking like I'm going to be taking a bath on my all-in gut feel last Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.