Options

[Rick & Morty] Justin Roiland Versus Season Seven (Oct. 15th 2023)

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    I think my biggest issue is that it has basically nothing to do with rick and morty. Like they made the tiniest effort to add some token elements but it has the feel of a Skyrim mod wherein the dragons are replaced with Macho man randy savage and the weapons are all my little pony figures.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    I think my biggest issue is that it has basically nothing to do with rick and morty. Like they made the tiniest effort to add some token elements but it has the feel of a Skyrim mod wherein the dragons are replaced with Macho man randy savage and the weapons are all my little pony figures.

Which, of course, is an actual thing.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Heir wrote: »

Which, of course, is an actual thing.

Hence why I referenced it.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

There were some green portals and some alternate universe Ricks. That's something to do with the show.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    emnmnme wrote: »

There were some green portals and some alternate universe Ricks. That's something to do with the show.

Sure, but none of the dialogue, action, plot or Morty appearing to be in a persistent vegetative state had anything to do with the show.

The closest they got was with the fart song.

Hence why I described it as being a conversion mod.

Contrast it to this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBYsx1QWF9A

This here? This looks like an episode of Rick and morty. It gets the story, tone and look right.

Or hell, here's another one that looks and feels on point despite the different artists and VA:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6yg4ImnYwA

Ah well. I'm sure the team enjoyed making a reskin of lone wolf and cub.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I was kinda hoping after the eye patched ninja-Rick died, we’d get an Evil Morty playout.

I know it’s kinda obvious, but I really like the Evil Morty episodes.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    It's just good to have some rumbles, after this long.

(Also I absolutely love the first two minutes of Bushworld Adventures.)

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oop, speaking of rumblings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDqQDTnJKE

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    We have Tammy sign! Which hopefully means...Phoenix Person!

• Options
    Yay, Tammy and Snuffles!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Justin Roiland's new Hulu show, Solar Opposites, looks to be pretty much more Rick and Morty. Which isn't a complaint.

https://youtu.be/5hHoKWE4Vb4

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    @cloudeagle Could even be 'canon' given that R&M exist in a Multiverse. :)

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    cloudeagle Could even be 'canon' given that R&M exist in a Multiverse. :)
    I would be very, very surprised if this show makes it through a full season without having a Rick or Morty (or maybe a Meseeks) cameo show up in the background as a gag.
    I'd be pretty surprised if they made it through the pilot.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    I would be very, very surprised if this show makes it through a full season without having a Rick or Morty (or maybe a Meseeks) cameo show up in the background as a gag.

Well, aside from different corporate owners of each show. Which isn't impossible to overcome, but there's generally some work involved.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    There were a bunch of easter eggs between this show and Gravity Falls.

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    Heir wrote: »
    Yay, Tammy and Snuffles!

How dare you use his slave name. He's now Snowball, because his fur is pretty and white.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Quid wrote: »
    There were a bunch of easter eggs between this show and Gravity Falls.

really? I can only think of the pen

edit: upon a quick youtube jaunt, I see there are many MANY easter eggs

Xaquin on
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

Well, aside from different corporate owners of each show. Which isn't impossible to overcome, but there's generally some work involved.

Sure, there's some work involved.
    I'm just saying, any scene where you've got a background crowd that has to be drawn, maybe one of them's an old balding dude with a shock of white hair and a lab coat. Maybe one of them's got brown hair and is wearing a yellow tee shirt and blue pants.
    I don't expect them to show up front and center, scream "Wubba lubba dub dub!" or "Szechuan Sauce!" and then vanish into a portal, just to be a recognizable Easter egg in the background for a few seconds if you're looking for it.

Though, to be honest, I wouldn't be particularly surprised either.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Rick and Morty returns this Sunday, May 3 at 11:30pm ET/PT.

Wubba lubba dub dub!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Rick and Morty returns this Sunday, May 3 at 11:30pm ET/PT.

Wubba lubba dub dub!

But what will people in the comments complain about while it's airing??

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    New episode:
    they really don’t like the burden of continuity do they?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    New ep did not do it for me, but that's ok!

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed it,
    but I have a weakness for breaking the fourth wall. Explicitly calling out narrative structure and the meta and whatnot meant this episode was basically written for me.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I laughed, I'm happy.
    Lots of good meta jokes, also felt like this episode was created to mess with the season trailer they released a while back.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I liked it but I think it's going to piss certain people off a lot.
    I'm sure that's going to be the most we see of Evil Morty and Phoenixperson, which I'm fine with but I know a lot of fans have been waiting for.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    That was a great Twilight Zone reference. . . and from one of my favorite episodes.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I greatly enjoyed this. It was just taking a piss on like a thousand different people at once. That was pretty great.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I guess Dan Harmon is doing fine. He was peeing blood for a little bit. Said so on Harmon Town.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I'll have to watch the new episode this evening.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    City of Ricks has the most fucked up consumer goods.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I liked it but I think it's going to piss certain people off a lot.
    I'm sure that's going to be the most we see of Evil Morty and Phoenixperson, which I'm fine with but I know a lot of fans have been waiting for.

Or it turns out we still will, and that's the meta-joke.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I think they will come back to
    Evil Morty.
    They've got like 6 more seasons to go yet and you can only come up with so many Shimpley Whimpleys who are half man, half dog, half theoretical meta commentary

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    That was a thoroughly confusing episode.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Well, that was a fast edit at the end (before the credits I mean, not the story train stuff).

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Haven't watch the ep yet but I like that they've used
    evil Morty sparingly because it works for the character. We shouldn't know what he's up to, he's scarier that way, and also a good compliment to Rick in that he's way more subtle in his actions. I imagine Rick just leaving a huge amount of bodies across various universes leaves a trail...

• Options
    Haven't watch the ep yet but I like that they've used
    evil Morty sparingly because it works for the character. We shouldn't know what he's up to, he's scarier that way, and also a good compliment to Rick in that he's way more subtle in his actions. I imagine Rick just leaving a huge amount of bodies across various universes leaves a trail...
    Much like the alien in Alien, or the shark in Jaws.
    He's scary because you don't see him.

• Options
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    That was a thoroughly confusing episode.

I liked that element. It reminded me a bit of the season one episodes
    that just jumped into the middle of what was going on and part of the fun was figuring out what was going on. Thinking of the episode with the scammer aliens and also the parasite creating false memories episodes specifically.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The Bechdel gag had me fucking dying. I think this is probably the hardest I've ever laughed at this show.

There was no deeper meaning or relevance to this episode, but it was a constant stream of really funny, really clever jokes, so I'm cool with it.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Welp, I learned a new term today:
    Cum Gutter

And I lol'ed.

camo_sig2.png