Options

PC Games - We Should Talk, Before I Forget & Beyond a Steel Sky out today!

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Uriel wrote: »
    Bold stand you are taking there Shorty.

Nah, that's true. Most pop culture is forgettable shovelware with rare gems of timeless genius. That's why it's easy to think that previous decades had better music, because all the radio stations are still playing the musical equivalents of Half-Life and Fallout, while the million albums of Bad Rats that were actually the Top 40 radio at the time are just getting tossed in the trash with the rest of the garbage left over after the garage sale.

Statistically, your game is probably crap, and it's not in your best interests to let people find that out for free.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    before I buy the game I want I need to find a way to spend another $9 so that I can save $6

Aragami - $4 (plus $2 DLC expansion)

Battleblock Theater - $3

BlazBlue: Centralfiction -$8 (plus DLC character for $2)

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - $5

Disney Afternoon Collection - $5

Borderlands 2: Game of the Year Edition - $9

Castle Crashers - $3 (plus two DLC characters that are $1 each)

Dead Rising - $6

Doom (2016) - $6

Double Dragon Neon - $3

Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition - $4

Hitman GO - $1.50

Just Cause 2 - $1.50

Mark of the Ninja: Remastered - $9

Mega Man Legacy Collection - $6

Monaco - $1.50

Payday 2 - $1 (plus various DLC but I'm not sure what's included with base game and what's not anymore)

Resident Evil Remake - $5

Saints Row 2 - $2.50 (go download Gentlemen of the Row mod with this, it was made by a user of these forums named IdolNinja, who now works for Volition)

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - $3

Sonic Mania - $7 (plus $2.50 to upgrade to Plus edition)

The Wolf Among Us - $4

Yakuza 0 - $5

The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED] - $5 (I picked it up a couple nights ago but haven't had a chance to try it yet)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    ...that's an entire game about sexually harassing the people you're literally in charge of?!

oh a bioware game?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    BioWare games arent ENTIRELY that! Theres lots of filler too!!

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    before I buy the game I want I need to find a way to spend another $9 so that I can save $6

oops I spent another $35 to save $6

on the plus side now I have Disco Elysium

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    BioWare games arent ENTIRELY that! Theres lots of filler too!!

sometimes they have a fun multiplayer bit that's got nothing to do with the rest of the game

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Sometimes they forget the fun part

Man that Inquisition thing was bad

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    look who wouldn't want to fuck if the chosen one came up to you and constantly gave you gifts and picked your "horny" dialog option

• Options
    XRXX2NQ.jpg

i'd drop my undies and spread for some of that

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Sometimes they forget the fun part

Man that Inquisition thing was bad

I liked the Inquisition multi but the loot model was really bad

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I've made it to chapter 3 on my RDR2 replay.

I think I'm just going to stay here for as long as possible. Do all the hunting and crafting and collecting that I can do, and let myself believe that everything is going to be just fine.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I think I need a nudge in Celeste
    I'd like a hint towards the blue crystal heart in chapter 1, please. I've been over the place several times, and while there are two rooms that feel likely, I'm at a loss.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Picked up Total Warammer 2, Brigador and Gettysburg. Just enough to get the discount.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I played through Turok. For some reason. Nostalgia helped me push through. What a weird game! It doesn't tell you what's going on, you just walk around, shoot dudes, dinosaurs, dinosaurs with guns, aliens (???), three jeeps, another military man, a giant mantis, a t-rex and another mean dude in a fortress. Then it's credits.

what

Booted up Turok 2, but the first level dragged on so long that I just got bored with it. Maybe another time.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    that pretty much sounds like a pre-half life FPS yeah, they didn't really have coherent narratives or anything

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I think I need a nudge in Celeste
    I'd like a hint towards the blue crystal heart in chapter 1, please. I've been over the place several times, and while there are two rooms that feel likely, I'm at a loss.
    It's the room with the radio dish, monitor, and birds.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Cool. That's one of the two I was thinking about. Thanks!

Tamin on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    that pretty much sounds like a pre-half life FPS yeah, they didn't really have coherent narratives or anything

Well, not ALL pre-Half-Life fps's..

https://store.steampowered.com/app/317040/The_Original_Strife_Veteran_Edition/

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

Totally. It really puts back in perspective how important the first HL was. That and I think Turok was only "okay" back then too

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

Totally. It really puts back in perspective how important the first HL was. That and I think Turok was only "okay" back then too

So in the first Turok there's an area near the end with a chessboard and one of every enemy in the game. When you step on the relevant square they come to life.

Now the enemies in Turok fight each other.

So me and a friend would turn on god mod, bring to life two monsters of our choice and then fly into the air so they couldn't get us. We would then bet pocket money on the outcome.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    SiN, dammit.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    SiN, dammit.

Not today, Satan.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Just finished up Later Alligator

Good game, lots of fun, very funny

I was expecting a bit more actual detective game content over just wall to wall minigames, but those games are still a fun time, so that's not really a complaint

It reminded me a ton of Gahan Wilson's Ultimate Haunted House, a game I was totally obsessed with as a kid

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    I played through Turok. For some reason. Nostalgia helped me push through. What a weird game! It doesn't tell you what's going on, you just walk around, shoot dudes, dinosaurs, dinosaurs with guns, aliens (???), three jeeps, another military man, a giant mantis, a t-rex and another mean dude in a fortress. Then it's credits.

what

Booted up Turok 2, but the first level dragged on so long that I just got bored with it. Maybe another time.

bloodvertise my dead shadowman turok baby

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    It probably look really bad now but shout outs to Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

They should remake it or something

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Started up Remnant the other night, wasn't expecting to be into the lore and story as much as I am

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hey! Hey!

Marathon had a narrative...you just had to read walls of text...which for 8 year old Dixon, meant there was very little narrative...damn it

• Options
    edited June 2020
    is turok of mesoamerican heritage?

I honestly can't think of any other game protagonists who are native from Central or South America

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Turok is Mandan, apparently. A Great Plains tribe.

Tamin on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I always wanted to play through Shogo until I watched Civvie11’s video on it and realized it’s a very, very bad game that just happens to be less bad than Blood II.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    is turok of mesoamerican heritage?

I honestly can't think of any other game protagonists who are native from Central or South America

So does Hollywood. Blammo

But no, he’s North American Great Plains. He fell into a time vortex during the Indian Wars

Also there were like 4? I think different people over the years. It was a pulp comic first

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Started up Remnant the other night, wasn't expecting to be into the lore and story as much as I am

Remnant’s got some surprisingly cool lore and world building

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Civ has Mesoamerican and South American leaders, EU4 has Moctezuma I and Pachacuti and while they're not protagonists, you kinda grow attached to them because Pachacuti gets events about his life and they have awesome stats

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Remnant’s got some surprisingly cool lore and world building

Yeah and it left me hungry for more. I've got to pick up Chronos (VR) sometime since it seems quite obviously related.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    I bought far cry 5 because it's on offer and wanted a shooting game where I could quickly dip on and blow stuff up.

It sure is the polar opposite to RDR2. Can't say I've paid any attention to the plot or what the characters say and everything feels so superficial.

In RDR2 every conversation is interesting to listen to.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The narrator for the newest Borderlands 3 DLC sounds like Matthew McConaughey and it is messing with me somethin' fierce.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Platy wrote: »
    Civ has Mesoamerican and South American leaders, EU4 has Moctezuma I and Pachacuti and while they're not protagonists, you kinda grow attached to them because Pachacuti gets events about his life and they have awesome stats

pachacuti is the reason the incan empire is an empire!

also, his name means "he who overturns space and time" in quechua, which is pretty fucking sick

• Options
    also, playing d:os2

holy shit the start of this game is awful

you're poorly geared, have no skills essentially, and constantly having to avoid encounters and reload saves

once I actually managed to get out of fort joy it completely opened up and now I'm actually able to fight things

for the love of god game devs, chapter 1 is meant to ease you into game play, not tell you to 'figure this shit out' and then throw you into absolutely impossible fights until you do

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    It probably look really bad now but shout outs to Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

They should remake it or something

I confused this with Terra Nova and wow, haven't thought about that game for 2 decades

We need more mech games

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Spent a couple of hours with Phantom Doctrine this afternoon (thanks again, @Ketar !)

So far, I'm pretty into it. I had a mission where I was tasked with capturing or eliminating an enemy agent. Typical tactical mission, yeah? Except, the mission was set at what appeared to be a college campus in Beirut. In the operational zone, there were two buildings. One was a library, and the other was an apartment or a dorm - some sort of housing situation.

It is notable that this wasn't a "secret base," with the university acting as a cover. It was, first and foremost, a place for and filled with civilians. My agents were plainclothes, and could walk freely in any non-restricted area. Because, yeah, it's a school.

There was an office in the library that the enemy agent was positioned in. There was a random room in the housing building, up towards the top floor, rigged with surveillance equipment and the tape deck for the CCTV. There were armed guards peppered throughout the campus, but they weren't on high alert. They weren't barking orders, or patrolling, or otherwise actively intimidating people. They appeared and acted more like campus security than KGB tools.

The whole setup was so fucking The Americans. Agents embedded, shielded as much by civilians and Illusions of Normalcy as by weaponry. If I went in hot, I would be burning my agents, I would be putting civilians at risk, and I would be letting the enemy know that I knew they were there.

I had two agents. One would grab the enemy agent, the other would take the CCTV tapes - both to cover the kidnapping AND see who else has come to visit the enemy agent. I dodged eyelines, I got my people positioned. Alerted no guards, harmed no civilians. Infiltration successful. But I could tell that exfiltration would be a problem. Alarms would sound when shit popped off, and the CCTV hub was on a high floor. I summoned my evac early - I wanted that van idling and ready.

And then I acted. Agent Castanet rushed into the enemy agent's office, pistol whipped him, and threw him over her shoulder. No alarms. Agent Claymore rushed the CCTV hub and got spotted. She ducked the enemy fire, but an alarm sounded before she could subdue the soldier in the room.

Castanet slipped out a back door while fireman-carrying an unconscious enemy agent, and surreptitiously made her way to the evac parking lot. Claymore had to sprint down a flight of stairs, barrel through a civilian's apartment, leap out a second floor window, and dodge enemy gunshots on her way to the getaway van.

The slow, methodical exploration, the careful piecing together of a plan, the adrenaline-fueled climactic escape - shit absolutely ruled.

Poorochondriac on
This discussion has been closed.