As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

QUILTBAG: It’s Pride Time

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Also, I'm making it official. I've decided to try using female pronouns and a new name. I don't want to share the 'real world' name I'm going with yet, but around here I'm hoping to go by Vee. Which, like, isn't an actual name I think, but seems feminine enough? And close to my current nickname (people call me VH).

So uh yeah, that's a thing I'm doing. Happy Independence Day?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    nice, Vee!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I worked with a lady called Veronica in my last job and we all just called her Vee so it feels like a proper feminine name to me at least.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ok but... we DO love these subs BECAUSE they are good to us
    *gasps for breath* I heard someone was looking for good subs and I came as fast as I could

ma'am this is a wendy's

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Also it's 3:30am and I'm awake. Not because of pain or anything but I've slept so much the last two days I think I've run out of ability to sleep. And now I'm really bored.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Do you have like Bain tubes sticking out of you

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    ok but... we DO love these subs BECAUSE they are good to us
    *gasps for breath* I heard someone was looking for good subs and I came as fast as I could

ma'am this is a wendy's

Something something flaming?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Platy wrote: »

Yeah I have two bottles of smof juice attached to me that I'm having to carry around in a bag and I keep forgetting about them.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Yeah I have two bottles of smof juice attached to me that I'm having to carry around in a bag and I keep forgetting about them.

If you keep one in the freezer you'll be able to respawn at the most recent checkpoint if your space ship explodes or the villain flings you into a volcano

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Yayyyy Vee

Welcome friend

• Options

If you keep one in the freezer you'll be able to respawn at the most recent checkpoint if your space ship explodes or the villain flings you into a volcano

Shit good point. These are basically phylacteries. I should probably hide one in a deep, monster-strewn labyrinth away from upstart magical children.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

don't go shopping for new shirts with drains still on cause then you still can't see how shirts fit because they are lumpy

that is my main top surgery recovery advice heh

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Drains are coming out on Wednesday and I have no plans to go anywhere or do anything before then. My life right now is bed, tea, and red dead redemption

I'm already sick of sleeping on my back though and it's only been two days

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Drains are coming out on Wednesday and I have no plans to go anywhere or do anything before then. My life right now is bed, tea, and red dead redemption

Heh, the things you learn/take for granted... is it painful at all or you just can't really sleep on your chest?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I've been told to only sleep on my back for a few weeks. At least these days I can actually do that, I never used to be able to lie on my back for long before it started to ache. But I'd much rather be sprawled out on my side.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    If I fall asleep on my back I always wake up about 10 minutes later thinking I'm about to die.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    If I fall asleep on my back I always wake up about 10 minutes later thinking I'm about to die.

I think you might have sleep apnea, friend

• Options
    Sleeping on my back used to be a guaranteed way to trigger sleep paralysis for me but I seem to have grown out of that, thankfully.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Also, I'm making it official. I've decided to try using female pronouns and a new name. I don't want to share the 'real world' name I'm going with yet, but around here I'm hoping to go by Vee. Which, like, isn't an actual name I think, but seems feminine enough? And close to my current nickname (people call me VH).

So uh yeah, that's a thing I'm doing. Happy Independence Day?

I love when the gender-neutral internet handle pays off like this.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    we don’t advertise it or really ever say this out loud but just so folks know, the admin will give anyone one(1) free account name change with any new gender purchase

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

I’m still recovering from my gallbladder surgery, and I have no idea how people sleep on their back. I only just got my first full night of sleep last night.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    we don’t advertise it or really ever say this out loud but just so folks know, the admin will give anyone one(1) free account name change with any new gender purchase

You tellin' me I traded all that blood for nothin'!?

• Options
    the blood is for the new gender, the name change is gratis

• Options
    I might consider taking that offer but I honestly can't think of anything better than what I've got. Which considering this was a prank name inflicted on me doesn't speak too highly of my own imagination.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Drains are coming out on Wednesday and I have no plans to go anywhere or do anything before then. My life right now is bed, tea, and red dead redemption.

I'm already sick of sleeping on my back though and it's only been two days.
    Were there any giant spine needles in the end then? :P

I couldn't sleep on my side for like 5 five weeks post op and when I finally could it was absolute BLISS. My sympathies.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

Is it something that isn't supposed to be advertised? Cause I mention it as often as I find it relevant to people around here.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    nah it's not super secret, whippy's just talking about how it's the one big unwritten exception to the "no name changes, stop asking for name changes" rule that IS written down

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

It's true!

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Hi Vee!

• Options
    ohhhhhhhhhh mairzy doats and dozy doats and let’s all say hi to vee

• Options
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Drains are coming out on Wednesday and I have no plans to go anywhere or do anything before then. My life right now is bed, tea, and red dead redemption.

I'm already sick of sleeping on my back though and it's only been two days.
    Were there any giant spine needles in the end then? :P

I couldn't sleep on my side for like 5 five weeks post op and when I finally could it was absolute BLISS. My sympathies.

No spine needles. That I was aware of. I guess anything could have been going on after the stuff went in my hand.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

You are literally the only other person I’ve ever met who knows that song :mrgreen:

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

You are literally the only other person I’ve ever met who knows that song :mrgreen:

would you?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

I learned about that song from a Piers Anthony book.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

and little lamsy divey

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I only know that song from Twin Peaks.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I know it from some obscure graffiti near a bridge in 1980s Seaforth.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

Leland sings that song in Twin Peaks!

He even says hi to Vee, probably!

Neco on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    my parents had an old Burl Ives record that I would listen to non-stop as a kid that had that song on it.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    That song comes from a rhyme that is well over 500 years old

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.