As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wolcen] Out of EA Today (2/13)! Servers online, but shakey.

1101112131416»

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    nice they got the force attack hitting summons they got the model scaling and bouncing stuff in staff attack build actually playable woewwww

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So every once in a while I open my Steam wishlist and remember that this game still exists. Interest seems to have fallen off the face of the planet? I checked it out on Twitch last night and there were only like 9 viewers for the game total which feels like a Lawbreakers/Artifact level dropoff in interest. What happened or didn't happen? Is there any chance this game makes a comeback with Diablo 4 and Path of Exile 2 on the horizon?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So every once in a while I open my Steam wishlist and remember that this game still exists. Interest seems to have fallen off the face of the planet? I checked it out on Twitch last night and there were only like 9 viewers for the game total which feels like a Lawbreakers/Artifact level dropoff in interest. What happened or didn't happen? Is there any chance this game makes a comeback with Diablo 4 and Path of Exile 2 on the horizon?

It was an unfortunate combo of the online stuff being borked at launch, and SP characters not being transferable to online once it came up, and the end game repeatable stuff being really grindy and bad.

The single player campaign was pretty fun, though! I'd hope if the devs continue the project they don't try to focus on the online elements because with a 12 person team that's going to be tough, and instead make really tight single player DLC or something.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Add in the single player campaign not having an ending yet as well.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That's true, I had forgotten that the game just kind of stops.

• Options
    I do think it was a fun game, though, with an interesting resource system, and the silly skill combos you could make were a lot of fun to play with.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Really good pretty princess dress-up too... >.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    They are still actively working on it and it has become much more stable. If you want an ARPG that has a decently deep building system. Good post game farming and crafting. And and overall above average experience for the genre Wolcen is worth a on sale buy price. Easily.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Do all the nodes work yet?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I dont think so. There are still bugs and some unpolished stuff so if that bothers you id skip the game until they get the big patch they stated they are working on (summer-ish eta). They were slow working before the pandemic and I imagine its hit them hard like most others.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Ya this game got certain things so, so right. I never got around to finishing the third part (yet) but I’m keeping an eye on the thread and sub. People seem to be expecting a good update later in summer I guess.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ I cannot for the life of me beat Eldrin or whatever. That third form is so fucking aggressive and those ghosts do NOT stop coming at you. As an archer it's literally the most frustrating fight I've played in a while. I even spent time grinding out some levels. I'm 3 levels higher than him but he just absolutely murders me. It's a shame.... I was really enjoying the game up until this fight but I might just have to put it down. It's making me irrationally angry.

• Options
    Just needed to vent and walk away apparently. I was able to kill him without dying once I switched my skills around. I have to learn to stop bitching about things and just take a break.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Just needed to vent and walk away apparently. I was able to kill him without dying once I switched my skills around. I have to learn to stop bitching about things and just take a break.

Or maybe the bitching gives you your power...?

Can't rule it out! :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »

Or maybe the bitching gives you your power...?

Can't rule it out! :)

Don't enable me! :P

• Options
    My guess is that this game is really not meant to be soloed because I just hit the Chapter 2 boss and again hit a brick wall. I respec'ed everything and went for more survivability and redid all my skills. Each time I just get absolutely swarmed by enemies and can't kill them fast enough and die almost immediately. I went ahead and uninstalled it. It's just not fun at all to run through the same area over and over again for the hopes of getting loot that will get me through these bullshit boss fights.

I know people will come in and say they managed to play through it solo just fine. And I expect that. But I'm not having fun with it anymore and I'm tired of getting frustrated and quitting.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    My guess is that this game is really not meant to be soloed because I just hit the Chapter 2 boss and again hit a brick wall. I respec'ed everything and went for more survivability and redid all my skills. Each time I just get absolutely swarmed by enemies and can't kill them fast enough and die almost immediately. I went ahead and uninstalled it. It's just not fun at all to run through the same area over and over again for the hopes of getting loot that will get me through these bullshit boss fights.

I know people will come in and say they managed to play through it solo just fine. And I expect that. But I'm not having fun with it anymore and I'm tired of getting frustrated and quitting.

Yeah, I'm in this boat too. I really liked the game and I had fun with it. But the bosses were just too much and I didn't really want to do the work of respeccing and regearing to 'solve' those encounters. Fortunately I realized that Wolcen wanted more from me than I wanted to give before I got really frustrated. So I left on my terms and have no bad feelings.

It's not you, Wolcen, it's me. :wink:

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

I did solo through it all, but it was (a) frustrating during a couple boss fights and (b) pretty dependent on having the right build, I believe.

After I finished the last boss, I parked the game. I'll revisit it in the future after it has (hopefully) had some balance adjustments made.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »

Yeah, I'm in this boat too. I really liked the game and I had fun with it. But the bosses were just too much and I didn't really want to do the work of respeccing and regearing to 'solve' those encounters. Fortunately I realized that Wolcen wanted more from me than I wanted to give before I got really frustrated. So I left on my terms and have no bad feelings.

It's not you, Wolcen, it's me. :wink:

Hahah I love this analogy very much!

• Options

I did solo through it all, but it was (a) frustrating during a couple boss fights and (b) pretty dependent on having the right build, I believe.

After I finished the last boss, I parked the game. I'll revisit it in the future after it has (hopefully) had some balance adjustments made.

Yeah it's only been officially out a few months so there's time for them to go in and tweak things. I just figured most of it would have been resolved by now. But I can wait. D3 was a hot mess at release too and it ended up being pretty awesome so this game has a chance too.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Yeah it's only been officially out a few months so there's time for them to go in and tweak things. I just figured most of it would have been resolved by now. But I can wait. D3 was a hot mess at release too and it ended up being pretty awesome so this game has a chance too.

Yeah D3 got pretty sweet, Grim Dawn has grown into a p good single player game, and PoE is essentially Ship of Theseusing itself into something unrecognizable.

I'll give Wolcen some time.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the devs have said they expect their "second dawn" patch some time in late july, the idea being to do a really major single patch that tries to fix as many issues as possible while also dropping league content to get players back in large enough numbers to be sustainable in the future

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'd come back for that. Wolcen was a ton of fun albeit frustrating as hell.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular

I hope they can break out of the "Crits >>>>> everything else" issue they had because it was pretty annoying to discover that despite having my build drop full stacks of 5 or 6 different DoTs on enemies my buddy could just do one attack swipe and wipe the floor with his crit build. Ended up hybridizing to have my DoTs only stack to give me flat damage buffs which I then further supplemented with crit damage.

We'll see if they can clean up and balance skills in the next big patch (and maybe even all of them will work correctly!)

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    They really just need to add in an ending.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Having all of the skills function seems pretty important too! I would even go as far as asking for mildly competent balancing of abilities, but one step at a time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    think theres enough broken stuff in there that they just need to fix everything at the same time. bunch of stuff was broken because the mechanics were broken, so being able to even sensibly balance the ability was contingent on code fixes, etc

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    m!ttens wrote: »

I hope they can break out of the "Crits >>>>> everything else" issue they had because it was pretty annoying to discover that despite having my build drop full stacks of 5 or 6 different DoTs on enemies my buddy could just do one attack swipe and wipe the floor with his crit build. Ended up hybridizing to have my DoTs only stack to give me flat damage buffs which I then further supplemented with crit damage.

We'll see if they can clean up and balance skills in the next big patch (and maybe even all of them will work correctly!)

Now to be fair, this was during the Bleeding Edge meta, and I by coincidence had spec'd close to it so it didnt take much to make it work.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/424370/announcements/detail/2595712846331929682

These new performance changes seem like they will be good for the game. Might have to take it back for a spin again after this patch to try it out.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    New patch/expansion out today. Something to try!