Options

Justice of the [Chat]

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    That is a correct use of the word bukkake but I hate it anyway

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i guess TIL what bukkake actually means

What does it mean?

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I finished my New York Millennials Simulator game

https://sarksus.itch.io/new-york-millennials-simulator

I can't get it working on mobile yet so you'll need a computer or tablet to play!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

What does it mean?

to splash liquid on something

makes sense

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    What does it mean?
    Don't play dumb 21st, I see you in that ahegao shirt.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I finished my New York Millennials Simulator game

https://sarksus.itch.io/new-york-millennials-simulator

I can't get it working on mobile yet so you'll need a computer or tablet to play!

since i'm on mobile i'm just going to assume you did a good job and give you an awesome

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I failed at not ordering delivery today

In my defense I have a terrible headache and standing up makes it worse so I can not cook

Neco this is valid

sig.gif
  • Options
    So you all hear this new joke yet?

A guy goes to a restaurant and says “I’ll take the bukkake pls” and the waiter says “yes sir” and then twenty minutes later they bring the dish to the guy’s table and he eats it, then pays and heads out. As he’s leaving he says “thanks!” And the waiter noticed he didn’t get tipped and so he ran after the guy and punched him. He was fired immediately and arrested on assault charges.

The punchline is always tip your food servers.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    What does it mean?
    Don't play dumb 21st, I see you in that ahegao shirt.

Actually my ahegao shirt is in the wash I’m wearing my ahegafaux shirt showing anime girls sneezing.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Brown utterly dominating, no contest, I feel sorry for the other dog.

Needs Andrew Cotter

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I really don't know what I want to play with all my free time now.

*watches TennoCon*

Well that solved that dilemma.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    The bored sports announcers commentating on random shit is one of the few gifts of 2020.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Weird audiophile question:

Hulu: The app

I have to use the app on my PC because the web browser quality is garbage. BUT, some stuff comes through with crazy terrible glitching sound. Like, explosive awful death static and no actual sound from the show. Legion season 1 episode 1 worked fine, episode 2 is audio death.

BUT

If I remove my headphones from my amp and DAC stack, and plug into my speakers which are plugged in separately, the horrible death static goes away.

Any idea why it would do this for only certain shows and how I might be able to fix it? I'd much rather watch stuff on my nice amp after all.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I have to use the app on my PC because the web browser quality is garbage. BUT, some stuff comes through with crazy terrible glitching sound. Like, explosive awful death static and no actual sound from the show. Legion season 1 episode 1 worked fine, episode 2 is audio death.

BUT

If I remove my headphones from my amp and DAC stack, and plug into my speakers which are plugged in separately, the horrible death static goes away.

Any idea why it would do this for only certain shows and how I might be able to fix it? I'd much rather watch stuff on my nice amp after all.

i don't know but i do know audio specifically has been messed up off and on for me recently in hulu and no other platform

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    All groceries should be call ahead pick up orders, change my mind

This is a nightmare for people with food allergies, where I need to get a specific type of oatmeal, and no, grabbing the Quaker instant maple and brown sugar normal stuff isn't going to work.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i want shrimps

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

This is a nightmare for people with food allergies, where I need to get a specific type of oatmeal, and no, grabbing the Quaker instant maple and brown sugar normal stuff isn't going to work.

That sucks. I thought you could pick the exact one you wanted and mark it no substitutions and you would have the same chance of getting it as if you went into the store

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2020

The way the supermarkets in the UK work it is that you have the option of:
    - no substitutions (you get literally what you order or nothing)
    - giving substitution instructions for the picker
    - the picker makes their best effort to pick the closest product, you pay the lower of the price of the product you ordered or the price of the substituted product

In all cases substitutions are separated out and you have the option of accepting or rejecting them at the point of pickup/delivery

As a person who shops for another person with a battery of food allergies it works pretty well

japan on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

BUT

i don't know but i do know audio specifically has been messed up off and on for me recently in hulu and no other platform

I figured it out as soon as I complained!

The hulu app was sending dolby digital to my DAC which can't do that, so it ended up being terrible static. Told my PC not to let that happen and it works!

• Options

That sucks. I thought you could pick the exact one you wanted and mark it no substitutions and you would have the same chance of getting it as if you went into the store

you can and if they pick a substitute you don't want you can decline it

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »

- the picker makes their best effort to pick the closest product, you pay the lower of the price of the product you ordered or the price of the substituted product

In all cases substitutions are separated out and you have the option of accepting or rejecting them at the point of pickup/delivery

As a person who shops for another person with a battery of food allergies it works pretty well

I'll be honest, we haven't tried it, maybe it would work. It just always seems like it would be such a pain to navigate the various items that do or don't work.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options

BUT

I figured it out as soon as I complained!

The hulu app was sending dolby digital to my DAC which can't do that, so it ended up being terrible static. Told my PC not to let that happen and it works!

nice

that would have been my guess but i couldn't figure out how it would change by episode so i figured that couldn't be it haha

mine is more syncing and dropping out, so probably not the same problem

• Options
    japan wrote: »

I'll be honest, we haven't tried it, maybe it would work. It just always seems like it would be such a pain to navigate the various items that do or don't work.

anything different from what you entered for your order has to be approved by you and they scan the groceries like normal so it's not like they can just grab whatever because it wouldn't match the scan

• Options
    I've definitely bought shit that was worthless to me but if i were careful it wouldn't have happened

sig.gif
  • Options
    patrick warburton in the orville okay okay

• Options
    I've definitely bought shit that was worthless to me but if i were careful it wouldn't have happened

i mistakenly bought vinegar-based windex and i just stare at it and seethe

• Options
    i didn't even mean to buy windex

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I like grocery shopping. If I didn't go to the store I wouldn't buy weird ingredients and then learn how to use them. I'd be buying essential duplicates of the groceries I bought the last time I went to a physical store forever.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    I like grocery shopping. If I didn't go to the store I wouldn't buy weird ingredients and then learn how to use them. I'd be buying essential duplicates of the groceries I bought the last time I went to a physical store forever.

Oh yeah this is purely covid related

I found the grocery store extraordinarily stressful when i was going inside

It was using up like 30% of my weekly stress budget

sig.gif
  • Options
    Made some chicken with za'tar I picked up a bit ago. Had some radishes, a cucumber, and coucous with it. Also some hummus on the side. It was pretty damn tasty.

Now I am watching the second season of the Umbrella Academy with a dog on my lap.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    yeah if i weren't terrified of being around anti-mask patriots i would prefer to get my own groceries again

• Options

I basically get around this by planning what I want to cook and making a deliberate effort not to cook the same things too often

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    With key Greek city-states in submission, Philip II turned to Sparta; he sent them a message: "If I win this war, you will be slaves forever." In another version, he warned: "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city." According to both accounts, the Spartans' laconic reply was one word: "If." Philip II and Alexander both chose to leave Sparta alone.

• Options
    Between my CSA and soon my lamb I have very little shopping I have to do. Just occasional staples.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Sparta is kind of a shithole now though so who really lost

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    I hear the sounds of tennis outside. Someone yelled match point. Nature is returning

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Between my CSA and soon my lamb I have very little shopping I have to do. Just occasional staples.

Mazzy I thought we agreed we're not allowed to use that acronym

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

The Persians.

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »

The Persians.

Oh definitely

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    9PeYkKY_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

@SummaryJudgment it’s here.

nice!

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.