As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Enlong wrote: »
    The download is going more smoothly, so this post isn’t bitching, but I am confused about something. Can someone explain to me how 1064 MB out of 2929 can be reported as 18%? I’m pretty sure it should be 36% at that point.

installation and such counting in the %?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    The download is going more smoothly, so this post isn’t bitching, but I am confused about something. Can someone explain to me how 1064 MB out of 2929 can be reported as 18%? I’m pretty sure it should be 36% at that point.

installation and such counting in the %?

Possibly. Installer %s are generally bullshit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    It's probably reporting the % of files downloaded instead of the % of the overall download size

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    H0b0man wrote: »
    It's probably reporting the % of files downloaded instead of the % of the overall download size

I see.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    So, I don't know if it was in the patch notes, but they lowered the sell price of Demicrystals from 500 gil to 50 gil. I had a stack of 200 I was using for Doman Restoration.

That's several thousand poetics I'm never getting back.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Zython wrote: »
    So, I don't know if it was in the patch notes, but they lowered the sell price of Demicrystals from 500 gil to 50 gil. I had a stack of 200 I was using for Doman Restoration.

Good thing they come so fast.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Lalafell
    oh fuck off.

Fuck off!

God DAMMIT!

I lost the goddamned patch files! 7 hours babysitting this godforsaken download and the file sizes became 0 after a now-routine failure about 1230 MB into the download! Now I have nothing! I thought that if I just kept going with it, it would ultimately finish, since the failures weren't causing me to lose any progress. But now I've lost it all, again.

I don't think I'm going to be able to get this patch through the official updater. I think I need someone else to help share the patch files, or I'm boned.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Zython wrote: »

Good thing they come so fast.

Yeah, I'm gonna need to farm Phantasmagorias as well for crafting mats, so hey, why not?

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    MSQ cuts:
    u9q2x5mhzeg51.jpg

Huge cuts to 2.1 and the 31-40 range, from what I'm hearing most of the 31-40 cuts are Coerthas quests and not Company of Heroes, also tons of quests shortened as well

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Also, here's the new loot distribution for old dungeons along with pics of the new sets: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/i7qxr3/new_low_level_dungeon_gear_info_and_some_previews/g13ojt4/
    Every low-level dungeon now has a full armor set (including belts) for DoW and DoM and weapons (AST, DRK, MCH weapons start dropping at level 30+). Chests now drop either a weapon, an armor piece, or both at once. The sets seem to be reskins, but they're cool reskins so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    In the climactic last few quests of base ARR, picked off an imperial general to open up their stronghold to attack, make my way to the front lines to lead the assault, and this fucker wants me to kill some lizards to make a soup for his sad troops

Hah, this was removed. Spirits will remain low.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Also, here's the new loot distribution for old dungeons along with pics of the new sets: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/i7qxr3/new_low_level_dungeon_gear_info_and_some_previews/g13ojt4/
    Every low-level dungeon now has a full armor set (including belts) for DoW and DoM and weapons (AST, DRK, MCH weapons start dropping at level 30+). Chests now drop either a weapon, an armor piece, or both at once. The sets seem to be reskins, but they're cool reskins so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

honestly just making it easier for new players (and old players leveling more jobs) to stay geared is fucking huge

1-49 gear acquisition what a fucking nightmare mess, designed by a lunatic who hates mmos and everyone who plays them

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Full MSQ spoiler
    FULL msq spoilers
    Wow does ending on "Zenos and the Even Crazier Ascian" really give a sense of deflation to that whole experience.
    I wouldn't say I'm excited for it, but my tolerance for Zenos is much higher than everyone else's apparently. I find the prospect of those two hanging out mildly amusing.
    I would say I have a high Zenos tolerance as well but my huge problem with Zenos is that they've been doing the "oooh man what's Zenos gonna do" card since 4.1 3 years ago. Just doing "Ooooh Zenos is building up to a fight!" again each patch is a huge wet blanket. You have to shit or get off the pot.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    In the climactic last few quests of base ARR, picked off an imperial general to open up their stronghold to attack, make my way to the front lines to lead the assault, and this fucker wants me to kill some lizards to make a soup for his sad troops

gonna be honest, I'm gonna miss the WoL getting small moments like it

doing small kindnesses for the little guy every now and then, really reinforces the whole hero of the people thing

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Full MSQ spoiler
    FULL msq spoilers
    Wow does ending on "Zenos and the Even Crazier Ascian" really give a sense of deflation to that whole experience.
    I wouldn't say I'm excited for it, but my tolerance for Zenos is much higher than everyone else's apparently. I find the prospect of those two hanging out mildly amusing.
    I would say I have a high Zenos tolerance as well but my huge problem with Zenos is that they've been doing the "oooh man what's Zenos gonna do" card since 4.1 3 years ago. Just doing "Ooooh Zenos is building up to a fight!" again each patch is a huge wet blanket. You have to shit or get off the pot.

Still full MSQ spoilers for 5.3
    I think I'm almost... resigned? to it now. Like they've been teasing it for so long and it's annoying, but everything else in this patch was so good at tying up the 5.0 story that when Zenos showed up at the end I went "fuck it, sure, why not?"

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Roegadyn

gonna be honest, I'm gonna miss the WoL getting small moments like it

doing small kindnesses for the little guy every now and then, really reinforces the whole hero of the people thing

I imagine we'll continue to get them as long as we continue going places where the people either don't know/care who you are.

Javen on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Full MSQ Spoilers
    REALLY happy with the patch. Great. Tenouttaten.

As far as the future goes. At least this'll be the Last Last time. We got the Unsundered outta the way, Garlemald and Ascians That Just Wanna Wreck Shit are all that's left.

Though it is kinda hilarious that they overcompensate for how fucking BORING Zenos is by going out of their way to make Fandaniel over the top.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    The new trial is good

The new EX trial is VERY good

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    The new trial is good

The new EX trial is VERY good

i have a very bad stress/concentration headache after beating it lol

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    That was a solid learning party, saw basically the entire EX trial in a lockout of blind prog. Then everyone's connection started going to complete shit/people got tired and we had to disband, but still!

Doing phase 2 with a monk corpse iceskating around the arena was pretty amusing though

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    The video game is good as hell

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Hyur
    So

Question

I am hearing if you got the starter edition during that time that PSN was giving it away, you only get the free 30 days, not the Free to Level 60 and access to Heavensward thing

is that the case?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Weapon questline
    I appreciate Valedaulin asking if it would have been easier to blow Sapphire's head up with a large cannon

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    So

Question

I am hearing if you got the starter edition during that time that PSN was giving it away, you only get the free 30 days, not the Free to Level 60 and access to Heavensward thing

is that the case?

As far as I know, Heavensward has been applied to all accounts. You can't really have just A Realm Reborn anymore. However, the free 30 days offered by the PSN deal means that you are not eligible for the current trial account on the existing account. If the free 30 days from the PSN deal were applied to you account then you would either have to make a new trial account (in order to play for free) or resubscribe (in order to use the character(s) you created on that account previously).

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Full MSQ Spoilers
    REALLY happy with the patch. Great. Tenouttaten.

As far as the future goes. At least this'll be the Last Last time. We got the Unsundered outta the way, Garlemald and Ascians That Just Wanna Wreck Shit are all that's left.

Though it is kinda hilarious that they overcompensate for how fucking BORING Zenos is by going out of their way to make Fandaniel over the top.
    I can't get over his name being FANDANIEL
    I can't not think of Abracadaniel every time I think of it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Fig-D wrote: »
    So

Question

is that the case?

As far as I know, Heavensward has been applied to all accounts. You can't really have just A Realm Reborn anymore. However, the free 30 days offered by the PSN deal means that you are not eligible for the current trial account on the existing account. If the free 30 days from the PSN deal were applied to you account then you would either have to make a new trial account (in order to play for free) or resubscribe (in order to use the character(s) you created on that account previously).

That’s the part that confuses me

I redeemed the starter edition on my PS4 when it was free, but I have yet to set up anything for a XIV account. Does that mean I’m stuck with the 30 day version or am I able to choose which?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    that is a good question, I have no idea.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Moonfire Faire has arrived with a disappointment: there is no tower.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

God dammit.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Fig-D wrote: »
    So

Question

is that the case?

That’s the part that confuses me

I redeemed the starter edition on my PS4 when it was free, but I have yet to set up anything for a XIV account. Does that mean I’m stuck with the 30 day version or am I able to choose which?

Creating an FFXIV account on PlayStation 4 automatically links your Square Enix ID to your PlayStation ID. Since you've already redeemed the starter edition on your PS4 account I'm fairly certain that it will recognize that upon creating the FFXIV account and grant you the 30 days.

I'm not 100% on this but maybe you can create another account on your PlayStation 4 in order to create a fresh trial? I play on PC myself so hopefully someone who plays on PS4 can confirm or correct that.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Okay I'm gonna play ffxiv but I cannot stress how bad my internet connection is, who's playing playing on an EU clusterarium or whatever server clusters are called

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I'm on Light (and Lich, specifically), but I don't really know anyone from PA on there.

• Options
    I've got a Light (Odin) alt, but it's still back in 3.2 MSQ.

• Options
    zucchinizucchini robothero pretty much amazingRegistered User regular
    Lalafell
    forgot about arr flying

went to jump over a fence and launched into the air, almost fell out of my chair

• Options
    Lalafell

Damn.

The Island Of Endless Disappointments, more like.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I did the praetorium for the last base ARR quest last night and even though I was aware beforehand that I needed to do the thing before getting into the magitek armor, I still missed it and had to double back alone

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    It's fine. I've done prae more times than I can count and I'll still sometimes miss it if I'm not paying attention. Which seeing as I'm normally doing stuff on my other monitor for most of that dungeon is more often than you'd think.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    lol I did the same thing last night but it took me and two other newbs several minutes to figure out what we were supposed to do.

Credits rolled though eventually, and now there are sidequests everywhere and I can fly.

I will say: that was a pretty dope ending! Definitely wasn't expecting an mmo story to hit me that hard, but I felt that shit.

• Options
    The post-Praetorium credits are less of an ending and more of a season finale.

• Options
    Yeah, the immediate introduction of a new existential threat in the middle of their post-victory celebration had strong Saturday morning cartoon vibes to it.

The story was fine, if conventional and played straight. If the word on the game was that the expansions were mostly in this vein, I’d probably call myself satisfied and drop it here, but some of the tablesetting and story bits around the edges are interesting enough to keep me going forward.

This discussion has been closed.