Options

[Webcomics]? In this economy?

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    sepsrsj218dj.jpg
    Gunnerkrigg Court
    all makes perfect sense.

Okay, I totally get it Anja, but maybe you should explain for all those other folks who don't, who again, are totally not me?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    We're about to enter time travel language tense rough waters!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    The thing about option B is
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    sepsrsj218dj.jpg
    Gunnerkrigg Court
    all makes perfect sense.

Okay, I totally get it Anja, but maybe you should explain for all those other folks who don't, who again, are totally not me?

Seems relatively straight forward as time travel goes. The Norns presumably exist simultaneously in all time so they “remember” meeting Kat when she comes to them later. She probably went to see the Norns to get information or because of the mechanics of time travel.

Alternatively there is only one set of gods for the infinite time lines so every version of Kat passes through these same Norns at some point in her journey.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    The thing about option B is
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    sepsrsj218dj.jpg
    Gunnerkrigg Court
    all makes perfect sense.

Seems relatively straight forward as time travel goes. The Norns presumably exist simultaneously in all time so they “remember” meeting Kat when she comes to them later. She probably went to see the Norns to get information or because of the mechanics of time travel.

Alternatively there is only one set of gods for the infinite time lines so every version of Kat passes through these same Norns at some point in her journey.

Why not both? These are the tripartite goddess(es) of Time, Fate, and divination of all sorts. Seeing all paths necessarily means being part of them too.

Alternate explanation of why they know Kat: it’s like that scene in Back to the Future Part II where Biff sees the flying Delorean and instantly knows it’s a time machine because he remembers seeing it in the past despite hover systems not being invented until sometime in the intervening thirty years.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I'm a little disappointed that Kat isn't seeing 3 ladies in bad Kat disguises working in a clock repair shop tbh

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I'm a little disappointed that Kat isn't seeing 3 ladies in bad Kat disguises working in a clock repair shop tbh

I think in this case its because shes accepted that Time Travel has to be possible

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    My thinking is that if Allison couldn't see that punch and transformation in accelerated time, then neither did the crowd, and White Chain collapses the moment the pair return to normal time

From an outsider's perspective it absolutely looks like Solomon David won and that White Chain was obliterated

even if no one could see the hit, they can still see the bruise

i'm sure Gog-Agog is getting a nice close-up for the cameras

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Gog Agog definitely made sure everyone saw him check his face and see the scuff with her camera magic

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    fkImqHP.png?1
    Destroy History

It's the last Destroy History tomorrow. I'm very sorry to say that it ends on a cliffhanger, which will not be resolved until early 2021. I know that I am not a good person but I am working to be better! DESTROY HISTORY: SURPRISE SURPRISE will, like the unexpected, hit you between the eyes.

Steeple returns on Monday for a run all the way to Christmas, though I have to warn you, I am going to take a week off at some point and you should cut out some Cathy comics (ideally 4 but maybe 8) from the newspaper and save them for then because it is going to be a real chuckle drought.

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Annoying little kid norn:

s1u18mgi3trr.jpg

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    My thinking is that if Allison couldn't see that punch and transformation in accelerated time, then neither did the crowd, and White Chain collapses the moment the pair return to normal time

From an outsider's perspective it absolutely looks like Solomon David won and that White Chain was obliterated

Hmmmm that does make sense

It would also explain why Allison didn't see it; she wasn't looking at any screens, and was getting ready to throw down during that sequence

Still, if that turns out to be the explanation, I wish it was communicated a little bit more clearly, like by showing one of the panels of Solomon checking his face framed by a screen

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Hmmmm that does make sense

It would also explain why Allison didn't see it; she wasn't looking at any screens, and was getting ready to throw down during that sequence

Still, if that turns out to be the explanation, I wish it was communicated a little bit more clearly, like by showing one of the panels of Solomon checking his face framed by a screen

i'm kind of expecting that to be on the next page or two. just like a wide shot with the crowd looking at a jumbotron or something

• Options
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    ok scratch that

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    i like the norns' outfits in gunnerkrigg court

Gundi on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    In today’s QC, realization sets in

Also i have had this exact conversation with a few people but they either didn’t realize it or were kind enough to pretend so they wouldn’t have to reject me outright.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    In today’s QC, realization sets in

Also i have had this exact conversation with a few people but they either didn’t realize it or were kind enough to pretend so they wouldn’t have to reject me outright.

Get back here and consume this thick and hearty burrito!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Huh.

I was under the impression that no one actually saw the exchange except for Solomon David and White Chain herself. All the crowd saw was a flash of white and then their emperor standing triumphant (and about to execute his opponent, no less); Gog-Agog says that they know their emperor has won, but they are wrong

I think gog-agog is broadcasting a close-up of that mark on his face

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    In the latest Alfie, some self-reflection

I like how as the story begins to wind down we see some actual growth in these characters

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    For a comic that only just had a child soldier murdered by an eldritch god, Sleepless Domain sure does warm my heart

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    For a comic that only just had a child soldier murdered by an eldritch god, Sleepless Domain sure does warm my heart

To be fair, that child soldier was kind of jerk.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
This discussion has been closed.