As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Street Power Football and No Straight Roads out today!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Finished Blasphemous, the dark souls style of story telling is still very bad but overall Blasphemous was a very good game, I wish you didn't have to new game plus to see all the new dlc stuff but i can just youtube it

And because I dont want to drown myself in another f2p mmo I went through my library and saw I had Tyranny so I'm giving that a shot, I've never really done this style of game and I definitely wish it was just actually turn based but its kind of fun getting used to the combat (and the ways errant clicks can accidentally mess it up)

I really enjoyed Tyranny. Good looking game with some very good writing and interesting characters. Also it does not overstay its welcome, a real asset in a genre that likes its 120 hour games.

The combat is a mixed bag, but I played it on my terms by trying to craft and upgrade the most overpowered spells. I think my favorite opener was a Giant aoe ice slick that slowed all the moops and had a pretty good chance of knocking them down. Spell crafting was very satisfying.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Might check out that Thronebreaker game since it’s on special and it’s been long enough now that I could go for a Witcher adjacent rpg

e: oh wait no this was the gwent game wasn’t it, NEVER MIND

Veldrin on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Phew okay they're gone

Dark Souls fans, am I right

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    They're gone. Now let's discuss how all games should have difficulty sliders.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    horizon zero dawn crashes a lot for me

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I wonder what percentage of players actually run into Vagrants

I ran into one once or twice, out of like 500+ hours played

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Might check out that Thronebreaker game since it’s on special and it’s been long enough now that I could go for a Witcher adjacent rpg

It's uh, not too bad?

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular

I have played through all 3 games multiple times and never seen one.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Yakuza: Like a Dragon | How Will You Rise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zitc-EkLWzQ

god this looks so stupid, I can't wait
    I should probably finally finish 0 so I can play the Yakuzies Kiwamis before this

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I can't deal with that English dub

• Options
    Dee Kae wrote: »

It's uh, not too bad?

Yeah I see it got pretty good reviews. I just had zero interest in gwent in W3 so I’m not sure an entire game based around it is gonna be my kind of thing at all.

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    I can't deal with that English dub

The music is uh..... really not yakuza like at ALL. This is a weird trailer.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Forever coming up short, just like in real life.

?.png

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular

this was baffling until I realized that I was thinking of Kingmaker, not Thronebreaker, which is not even a Witcherverse game, it's a Pathfinder game

or, you know, almost a Witcherverse game

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    ?.png

This image perfectly captures the essence of golf and I love it so much

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Oblivion play-style: thief, sneak in shadows, arrows from distance, keep away

Skyrim play-style: thief, sneak in shadows, arrows from distance, keep away

Fallout 4 play-style: enter new area, rack and fire a full clip into the air to let 'em know what time it is, and then it's point-blank blasts to heads and kneecaps for everybody that decided to stick around

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    For me it goes like:

Oblivion playstyle: thief, sneak in shadows, arrows from distance, keep away

Skyrim playstyle: thief, sneak in shadows, arrows from distance, say fuck it and equip sword plus shield, bash dragons to death without effort, yeet dragon priests with no effort, block all magic for I am unto a god

Fallout 4 playstyle: equip sword, *teleports behind enemy with VATS* nothing personnel kid, master the art of Cutting as VATS no-clips me through existence itself to tumble through endless void

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular

I had over 150 hours in before I got to google "Dark Souls what is this weird crab thing"

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I've got a couple hundred hours into DS1 and I saw my first vagrant yesterday.

cB557 on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I have ~800 hours across PTDE and Remastered and have seen two, maybe three vagrants.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

?.png

Honestly, impressed you are on grass and not somehow in the sewer fighting mole people the way it was going

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    During my playthrough a couple weeks ago I saw not one, not two, but three vagrants (one good, two evil).

Yes, it's okay to touch me to rub off some luck. Go ahead.

It's still pretty freaky even though you've played the game a bunch of times already to suddenly see a fucked up crab thing shooting bazookas into your face.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

?.png

Honestly, impressed you are on grass and not somehow in the sewer fighting mole people the way it was going

Good Luck, Skeleton

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Everyone started playing again because of this thread

not me!

(... the thread is making me want to pick up the game again, but I am resisting due to my focus on this run in Grimrock 2)

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Playing some more of Flight Sim and I’ve gotten the hang of pretty much most of the basic to intermediate(?) stuff so far, but for the life of me I still can’t seem to complete a clean traffic pattern.

Piss off traffic control I’ll land however I want whenever I want!

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Playing some more of Flight Sim and I’ve gotten the hang of pretty much most of the basic to intermediate(?) stuff so far, but for the life of me I still can’t seem to complete a clean traffic pattern.

Piss off traffic control I’ll land however I want whenever I want!

If they get too snarky, park it in the tower.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    actually, every time you hear the bell ring in the game, it's because another player has just rung it in their game

It’s going all the time in my game. Just near constant.

a ding a ding
    a what's that sound
    it's the gravy boat
    a' comin' around!

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    "Throw it down and bring your best – streetstyle football is here.

Sick style and high-energy action come together in this completely over-the-top football experience. Featuring six distinct game modes from open-ended Freestyle and Trick Shot modes to head-to-head competition in Panna and up to 3v3 matches in Street Power mode, you’ve never played football quite like this.

Ready to take it to the next level? Join street football legend Sean Garnier and face off with freestyle football greats on crazy playgrounds and pitches around the world. You’ll learn to run circles around your friends and pull off insane tricks as you grow your status to become Street King."
    20200825 Street Power Football (football, futbol, soccer, kickball, street, arcade)

Start a rock band & end the EDM empire in NO STRAIGHT ROADS, a rockin' action-adventure that mashes together rhythm-infused third-person combat with a kick-ass soundtrack!
    20200825 No Straight Roads (music, narrative, adventure, rock and roll, epic game store)

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Phew okay they're gone

Oh my God have you tried out Remnant: From the Ashes?

It's really fun, the only real difficult part is when you have to pass through these... fog gates, I guess you'd call them? Kind of a weird aesthetic choice given the rest of the setting but

• Options
    Borderlands 3 - Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck Official Reveal Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-LN9xU9lLQ

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Everything about Borderlands just makes me so tired now

I used to like those games a lot, too

• Options

Still plenty of adventuring.

?.png

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    How is that game?? I haven't played a PGA game since 2009/2010 and could use one.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So since it's on gamepass I decided to check out Flight Sim. Just kinda want to tool around in a tiny plane and check out some of the places I've lived.

Well I got past the giant download, but now whenever I start the game I get punted over to a 3 gig update download that just never starts. I'm eternally stuck at "Please Wait". Tried restarting the download a few times, but no luck.

Cool game.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    ...but now whenever I start the game I get punted over to a 3 gig update download...
    Oh, it's a PS3 game?

• Options
    H0b0man wrote: »
    So since it's on gamepass I decided to check out Flight Sim. Just kinda want to tool around in a tiny plane and check out some of the places I've lived.

Well I got past the giant download, but now whenever I start the game I get punted over to a 3 gig update download that just never starts. I'm eternally stuck at "Please Wait". Tried restarting the download a few times, but no luck.

Cool game.

no no this is pretty much trying to fly on a plane in 2020

• Options
    How is that game?? I haven't played a PGA game since 2009/2010 and could use one.

It's fun, a bit shallow on the career mode but a good first effort. Has online "societies" (guilds) so you can set up tournaments and course creator that people are already going nuts with.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    hey so weird question

this game called Spacewar is showing up in my recently played games on steam and after doing some research it seems like people play pirated games with it somehow? but i don't pirate games, haven't in like a decade or something, and never on this PC, so i'm confused as to how it showed up in my recently played games?

have i been hacked? oh god!

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Steam only shows me playing ‘SpaceWar’ how do I change it to my game?
    When you launch your game from outside of Steam it relies on steam_appid.txt to be present to let steam know what is being launched. To change from SpaceWar to your own game you must edit the steam_appid.txt which is found in the root of your Unity project, or next to your built .exe/.app. Replace ‘480’ with your Valve provided AppId.
    https://steamworks.github.io/faq/#steam-only-shows-me-playing-spacewar-how-do-i-change-it-to-my-game

chances are steam is getting confused about an existing game's AppID and loading it as SpaceWar instead of whatever the software is actually called

it will likely fix itself over time but I wouldn't be too worried about it

Brolo on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    hey so weird question

this game called Spacewar is showing up in my recently played games on steam and after doing some research it seems like people play pirated games with it somehow? but i don't pirate games, haven't in like a decade or something, and never on this PC, so i'm confused as to how it showed up in my recently played games?

have i been hacked? oh god!

it was me

played all ur games deleted all ur dudes

This discussion has been closed.