Options

[Wasteland 2] 14 major areas to explore. One to press your balls against.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I tried Wasteland 2 DC and I just couldn't get into it. It was just a bit too old school for me. I'm interested to see reviews for Wasteland 3 to see how they've improved.
    Looking pretty good.

Nice! Well now I just have to rock through the remaining 40+ hours of Divinity OS 2 lol.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I tried Wasteland 2 DC and I just couldn't get into it. It was just a bit too old school for me. I'm interested to see reviews for Wasteland 3 to see how they've improved.
    Looking pretty good.

Nice! Well now I just have to rock through the remaining 40+ hours of Divinity OS 2 lol.
    Ugh. Same here.

I still need to get back to Divinity OS 2 eventually.

I keep starting and stopping new runs! Its good though.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I hope they get these load times sorted. Other than that. . .this is absolutely the game I hoped it would be. Runs great on an NVME (none of the stuttering I was seeing in review videos). Theres a few bugs (navigating the inventory has some odd behavior) and I do wish the UI was a bit smaller (I'm playing on a TV and it's still a bit. . .much) but overall I can tell this is the post-Apocalypse game I've been waiting for since NV and FO:4.

. . .I'm also willing to fight, deathmatch style, that these two robots are better mascots than Vault Boy.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ED! wrote: »
    . .I'm also willing to fight, deathmatch style, that these two robots are better mascots than Vault Boy.
    I love Wasteland too but there's no beating Vault Boy.

He's the best.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    pfhlq0j2q0rr.png
    whooooooooooooops

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    That happened to me on tutorial. oops.

So which pair did you guys pick as your characters?
    I had a hard time choosing, but ended up with Father & Daughter.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    jammu wrote: »
    That happened to me on tutorial. oops.

So which pair did you guys pick as your characters?
    I had a hard time choosing, but ended up with Father & Daughter.

I created my own, Buffy and Xander.

Buffy is a bladed character, which was a problem at the start when it was just the two of them. I think I'll make her my explosives expert, too, as grenades do a lot of damage.

Managed to pay for an hour before work, looking forward to getting home.

Fun so far, I'm looking forward to having a full squad to play with.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    This first boss is kicking my ass hard.
    Seriously, why is character creation so hard.
    Really wish they let us screenshot our characters like they did in 2 for portraits.

Also, i can't pick death wish for some reason.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    So there's a button for Pause but it doesn't seem to do anything? Trying to stealth with 4-6 characters in real time is an exercise in frustration, guess I'll just go in guns blazing every time. Poison constantly ticking when I'm trying to find a healing kit in my inventory out of combat feels kinda stupid too.

Other than stuff like that game seems fun enough.

ETA: Your people happily walking into traps they've detected also pisses me off. Such pointless oldschoolery.

Mirkel on
  • Options
    Yeah, I've had characters taking damage when in the main menu (can hear them grunting) and then die when I leave it.

. . .also it looks like loot containers are random, so if you are unhappy with the contents of a Toaster and want to brave half a minute of reloading -

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I'd totally forgotten I'd 1. Preordered this awhile back and 2. That it came out so close to ck3.. So now I've got this weekend to rush through it as fast as I can before ck3 consumes my life on Tuesday and. Pray for me.

Edit: was tempted to go with the techies for premade characters, but ended up making a goat killing serial killer and a stoner sadomasochist. Hopefully my terrible creation decisions don't gimp me too bad later

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    No inventory weight system and the party shares the whole inventory.

Abit messy but niiiice.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just downloading now, prob get to it tonight. This gamepass has its benefits.

Unfortunately I didn't install to my NVME, just the regular SSD. Hopefully the stuttering isn't an issue.

• Options
    R
    Dixon wrote: »

Unfortunately I didn't install to my NVME, just the regular SSD. Hopefully the stuttering isn't an issue.

Not sure what the stuttering issue is, but i'm on an old fashioned mechanical hdd and no issues *shrug*

• Options
    Dixon wrote: »

Really got to get myself one of those things.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    played the intro/first couple missions with the default "cops" duo. already want to restart with a different (custom?) duo, even though i'm not sure how i want the squads to develop. ahh.
    (i did thoroughly enjoy what i've played so for)

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    Ok I just turned off Friendly Fire:
    Was rescuing Delgado from the Nightclub and a shot went through an enemy and hit a friendly. . .instead of just damaging the friendly, it turned them hostile - thereby failing the intended path and making the entire fight pointless.

Feels like a bug honestly.

• Options
    Played for another 6 hours, and I’m almost ready to leave the first area, and go truckin’.

Upgraded my main cannon, and also have a skull ornament to install.

I wish there was a respect option, as I accidentally doubled up on a couple of skills, and would like to undo my choices, but never mind.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I keep restarting...

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    It seems fun so far but the load times are terrible.

• Options
    I keep restarting...

Once you get your base, you can make new characters, and just swap your party.

I might do that tomorrow, just recreate one of my starter characters. I opted for melee on her, but it seems dangerous to get up close.

I think I’ll focus on small arms, and give her a pistol and shotgun.

Also, save your skill books for when they get expensive to level, don’t waste them when skills only cost a few points to level.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Ooof, just looked and i guess i missed out on the first recruitable story character
    jodie got shanked in the tutorial as i didn't have hard ass or sweet talker
    really tempted to restart for it but that was like, 4 hours ago with no save near it, must stay strong and forge ahead...argh.

also re:melee, my melee dude with medical marvel and heavy armor is awesome; he just tanks everything for my entire team murders people w/ a giant hammer and never dies on ranger difficulty; easily the highlight of my party.

Now i'm saving all the time due to the amount of bugs though..two standouts my medical marvel guy got downed and one point and i revived him after combat..and he got glitched with a permanent can't revive -medical marvel tooltip and couldn't do anything, even after zoning until i reverted to a save before it happened...and all my animal companions are assigned to someone that doesn't have the animal skill, which i haven't found any way to fix..

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    Yeah if you feel like you messed up with your starters or are a bit too spread out, you can just dismiss your character and get a new similarly leveled one (although it is best to do this after leveling up as your exp will be reset).

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I started over because I didn't want to waste the XP (I was about 2/3 to the next level) and it doesn't actually take that long to get through the tutorial if you're skipping all the dialogue.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I hear there are lots of bugs. How bad are they? Should I wait for a patch or two?

• Options
    Anybody know where to recruit
    Scotchmo?

Gotta get the band back together.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    I hear there are lots of bugs. How bad are they? Should I wait for a patch or two?

I'm about 6 hours in and so far, it's playable? i'm enjoying it but there's been quite a bit of fiddling ; off the top of my head,

1.had quirks mess up during combat and render my characters permanently unable to interact w/ anything, required a restart. - happened to me twice
    2. storyline animal companions count against your animal whisperer limit when they shouldn't. so if you accidentally recruit one w./ your animal whisperer character you need to dismiss and re-recruit with another.
    3. My characters have twice all glitched out and could only use shovels, never fixed itself had to reload
    4. some of the tooltips/item descriptions are just wrong are just wrong
    5. tons of bugs in co op, it's pretty much unplayable. dunno why anyone would want to co op this time of game anyway though
    6. occasionally dialogue choices don't let you click them; reloading or zoning out and back into the area fixes it.

So i have timed autosave on and set to every 5 min (it's off by default) and they're rare enough to only occasionally seriously interrupt the fun

edit: just hit a new bug i've confirmed is real with other people on reddit; sometimes when you recruit a companion and they say they'll wait for you at your base they just...disappear ..never to be seen again..oh well guess i didn't really want that guy anyway... :bigfrown:

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »

Only "bugs" I have come across are some wonky UI implementations using controller. Haven't had a single crash or game breaking bug in 15 or so hours.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Put about 2 hours in, it's definitely good. I haven't had a bugs yet and the load times seemed fine to me on a sata ssd, was never slow that I noticed.

Made two custom characters, one automatic weapons and one sniper. Working pretty decently so far, just lots of side skills I want to lvl.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I'm really sad, in a fight w/ a robot that dies in a massive nuclear explosion and instagibs major tom w/ no revival option... and he runs in like a retard every time and dies...ffs RIP major tom i guess

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    Ooof, just looked and i guess i missed out on the first recruitable story character
    really tempted to restart for it but that was like, 4 hours ago with no save near it, must stay strong and forge ahead...argh.

I found that
    sniper rifle is surprisingly effective alternative to trying to talk to people in that instance.
    edit: just hit a new bug i've confirmed is real with other people on reddit; sometimes when you recruit a companion and they say they'll wait for you at your base they just...disappear ..never to be seen again..oh well guess i didn't really want that guy anyway... :bigfrown:
    Fuck.
    So, when recruiting, first save, then go check asap i guess?

Still pretty early on, took forever to make my characters (like, hours), and now i keep quick saving/loading to try things out.
    But trucking along, just slowly, did the garden of the gods, got to level 5 with my originals, others lag behind slightly, probably due to one of my rangers having 6 charisma and other wearing the +5% xp item (also a +3% xp chicken).
    The skill checks seem to scale up fast, now i have a side quest that needs rank 5 lockpicking for a level 4 quest in the first area, and my lockpicker is at 3, i could go and recruit a dedicated lockpicker, but i could just wait a level and buy those two ranks as well, because i will want a dedicated lockpicker to keep with me.

• Options
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    The skill checks seem to scale up fast, now i have a side quest that needs rank 5 lockpicking for a level 4 quest in the first area, and my lockpicker is at 3, i could go and recruit a dedicated lockpicker, but i could just wait a level and buy those two ranks as well, because i will want a dedicated lockpicker to keep with me.

Yeah. I ended up just storing my skill points until I need them. Including upgrading combat skills only when a new weapon needs it.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

I might need to restart, because I kind of want to use that character, but their skills overlap massively with those of my mains.

• Options
    edited August 2020

Yeah. I ended up just storing my skill points until I need them. Including upgrading combat skills only when a new weapon needs it.

the first quest I had outside the city/after the tutorial
    rescuing the power armor caravan
    had a lvl 5 lockpicking check and all the characters were like, double my guys at lvl 3. I dunno if I missed something or what but that was seriously traumatizing. survived w/ one character and a dog left alive. (i was lvl 3 at the time)

I eventually beat it but the first time they instagibbed my tank and entire team in their first turn..wtf

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    edited August 2020

the first quest I had outside the city/after the tutorial
    rescuing the power armor caravan
    had a lvl 5 lockpicking check and all the characters were like, double my guys at lvl 3. I dunno if I missed something or what but that was seriously traumatizing. survived w/ one character and a dog left alive. (i was lvl 3 at the time)

I eventually beat it but the first time they instagibbed my tank and entire team in their first turn..wtf

Spend time in the city, there should be enough xp to get your guys to 5 atleast, don't rush.
    I have not left the city, i still have side quests here, and i'm mostly level 5, with couple level 4s.

Also, as a quick tip to all that i am sure is unnecessary, do not use skillbooks unless you really have to until somewhere like skill 6+.
    The game does not add the learned skill at the top when calculating learning costs, so using a skill book to go form 0 to 1 saves 1 skill point, while going from 9 to 10 saves 6.
    I really hate that kind of design, feels unnecessarily punishing for people who do not have, or do not want to use, a guide or walkthrough to work from.
    edit-
    Having skillbooks be worth X number of skillpoints into specific skill would be lot more reasonable and user friendly, i mean, why would someone with mechanics 9 learn anything meaningful from a book that is basic enough to teach someone with mechanics 0.

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    This game locked up several times on Xbox in a few hour's play. Combined with reported glitches here, it looks like I gotta wait until they actually put some effort into the bugs.

Reminds me of Ori's launch.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    So, anyone else met someone called October 11 yet?
    And did you kill them or not?
    I'm really conflicted about this, they seem innocent (in the "not a fully cognicant adult" way, not "did not do the crime" way), but while there's a voice in the back of my head screaming to let them go.
    I am somewhat dubious about the writers making this one of those "though decisions" moments where that will end up worse if i do.
    Sometimes i just hate choices.

Nyysjan on
  • Options
    Just found out that you can only hire 4 companions and have to keep 2 rangers.

It's hard to choose who to keep.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Wasteland 3 came out of left field for me. I saw CRPG as a tag and went for it. I really like having a squad of people with different skills instead of trying to max out one character.

I'm only starting out a bit after establishing my base but it's got a really nice tabletop RPG feel. There are scripted events that you can approach differently which I like a lot. My only complaint is the menus can be a little clunky and I really wish it'd stop telling me the points I spend on skills will be permanent.

That first battle with Blood of the Lamb playing was awesome.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    After hours, hours of not playing and trying to decide,
    i let October 11 go
    This is so going to come back to bite me in the but.

edit-
    Wolfe just called me a
    Race traitor
    I suddenly have zero conflicts about my previous spoilered decision.

I also gave beer to some kids, i hope it will cause hilarious consequences.

edit2-
    It seems that any animal companion released evaporates if you save/load without getting them back first.
    Which kinda sucks, i wanted to collect all the animals into the ranger HQ.

edit3-
    dammit October
    you could not go 5 minutes without murdering someone, now i have to travel back in time and shoot you.

Nyysjan on