Options

🖥️🎮 - Kingdom Rush Vengeance, Aquanox & Crown Trick out today!

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I found an item I didn't know what was. It turned out to be a teleporter. In true Spelunky tradition it immediately killed me.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Drake Hollow looks like what Fortnite used to be. But with plant-pokemon?

• Options
    Also I feel very smart for never getting around to buying DOOM Eternal and now it's on Game Pass, that sure was a smart decision on my part and not just cheapness/laziness.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Drake Hollow looks like what Fortnite used to be. But with plant-pokemon?

yeah, it's a village building sim where you have to protect the gooey plant folk from critters

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Also I feel very smart for never getting around to buying DOOM Eternal and now it's on Game Pass, that sure was a smart decision on my part and not just cheapness/laziness.

it won't be on pc gamepass until a bit later this year

but you can play it on android!

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So with the Game Pass / EA Play thingy, are we expecting to see the EA content just showing up as part of the Game Pass library, or are we still going to have to use a separate app?

I would imagine it comes into the Xbox app. It has to be tied to your MS login, I don't think EA is going to do secondary sign ins or whatever.

@Veldrin
    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/29/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-members-get-ea-play-on-november-10/
    EA Play Coming This Holiday

Earlier this month we announced that we’ve teamed up with Electronic Arts to provide Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC members an EA Play membership at no additional cost. Today I’m announcing that starting November 10, EA Play will be available on Xbox consoles, including Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X, as part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, and beginning in December, members with an Ultimate or PC subscription will be able to download and play games from the EA Play library on Windows 10 PCs.* That means we will have a whole new collection of games coming your way on console and PC, and that some of the best EA Play games will also be available for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play on Android devices via the cloud.

And earlier I talked about Doom Eternal. It's not coming to PC yet but this press release does say later this year.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mKXZK2h19A&feature=emb_title
    it's a mini laptop with joycons

it's... also apparently not great for $839-1200 USD

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I'm feeling far too smug about pushing back at Steam about getting Doom Eternal refunded earlier this year now

• Options

not sure this one is ready for prime time

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I played a little Genshin Impact last night

that game feels illegal

I am honestly curious of the possible lawsuit Nintendo could have on their hands re: Breath of the Wild’s “influence” on Genshin Impact

I am definitely intrigued, though, there are a LOT of bullshit gacha systems thrown on top of the Breath of the Wild of it all that I haven’t even come close to unpacking

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc-GGIyC-mo
    In the world of Teyvat — where all kinds of elemental powers constantly surge — epic adventures await, fearless travelers!

Genshin Impact, out today from Chinese developer Mihoyo, is something different. It's a bigger, more ambitious blend of Zelda's open world, an actiony JRPG, and a mobile "gacha" game, with co-op play tossed in on top. And it's free-to-play.
    Genshin Impact seems like it might be the biggest gacha game ever made. Gacha RPGs, popularized on mobile, are built around random draws—you spend currency to buy characters or equipment for those characters, always chasing the high of getting an "S-tier" drop.

Genshin Impact has that core mechanic, but it's barely recognizable next to most gacha games, which have turn-based battles or hands-off autobattles that you toss your characters into. This is a fully 3D open world RPG with fast-paced action-RPG combat. At a glance, it looks a lot like a JRPG like Tales of Zestiria. But instead of the typical half dozen party members you meet along the way, there are way more here. Some you'll recruit throughout the main story, but you'll also be able to expand your party out of characters you unlock through the gacha system, and you can swap control between them during combat.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/genshin-impact-an-ambitious-chinese-rpg-inspired-by-breath-of-the-wild-is-out-today/
    20200929 Genshin Impact (RPG, open-world, co-op, gacha, JRPG)

https://ys-api-os.mihoyo.com/event/download_porter/link/ys_global/genshinimpactpc/default
    how do y'all like GACHAPONS
    Thanks, I hate it!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

yeah i've heard nothing good about torchlight 3

• Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    Hey just a heads up on Genshin Impact: I've seen multiple reports of it including kernel-level anti cheat software on pc that continues to run after the game is closed.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Midnite wrote: »
    Hey just a heads up on Genshin Impact: I've seen multiple reports of it including kernel-level anti cheat software on pc that continues to run after the game is closed.

I’ve heard that they already patched that out to not run outside the game

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
  • Options
    I feel like I've played/seen more demos lately. That plus Game Pass is a good time for indecisive me.

I will definitely try that Ghostrunner demo, that game looks sick as hell.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Woo Spelunky 2. Installed it loaded it up, and before I could play a game my baby woke up. Real life is the true Spelunky.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I hope that whatever Torchlight 3 ends up being, it is a shitload of fun just like the first two games.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Midnite wrote: »

I’ve heard that they already patched that out to not run outside the game

It's a game made by a Chinese dev. Kernel-level anything, game running or not, is unacceptable.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    More than four weeks after moving into this house we finally have working broadband. Which means I can continue uploading videos of me being bad at a game. I know, you're all very excited.

https://youtu.be/8r4DA5_szJ4

https://youtu.be/IIw1lysdOPg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I AM excited actually! I was disappointed when the videos stopped.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Well I hope you enjoy watching me finally figure out how to do the fighting in like video 6, and then see me be shit at it again next time I do one because it's been 4 weeks since I played it

Edit: Video 5, actually. Though 'figure out the fighting' is a fairly loose term

https://youtu.be/gRM85ynIg7k

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Good job not falling for the graveyard skeleton "I guess this is where I'm supposed to go?" trap, you have passed the first hurdle of dark souls 1 :P

Some tips:

Buy the repair kit from the merchant guy you found in the undead burg, that will let you fix your gear at any bonfire and can't be acquired anywhere else. Without it you have to find specific blacksmith NPCs to fix your shit when it breaks and it's annoying.

Remember you can raise your stats with souls at bonfires. You probably need to raise dexterity a little to use that spear you got. More HP and stamina are also always safe bets. Never put points in resistance, it's a trap bad statistic since every other stat also raises your defenses nearly as much.

And also remember you can drink estus in the middle of fights, it does take a moment to drink but if you time it right you can usually get away with it.

You can lock the camera on to enemies in melee combat, not just for spells, but some prefer not to, that's up to you.

You can sprint by holding down the dodge button, and jump small gaps by clicking in the left stick while sprinting. It's sort of fiddly and they changed it to tapping the dodge button again while sprinting in later games.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    You're definitely getting the hang of the combat by the end of part 5.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    You can sprint by holding down the dodge button, and jump small gaps by clicking in the left stick while sprinting.
    Oh, is that a change they made in remastered?

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

I hope that whatever Torchlight 3 ends up being, it is a shitload of fun just like the first two games.

Uh, well, I would...not get your hopes for that one

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    oh, re:Game Pass, if you're an Ultimate member you can claim a free 2-month Funimation subscription if you want to watch a lot of anime, including DBZ, DBS, My Hero Academia, and more

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    You can sprint by holding down the dodge button, and jump small gaps by clicking in the left stick while sprinting.
    Must be, that's the DS2+ default jump.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

Is that not the jump control in DS1? I can't remember.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Original DS1 jump is "while sprinting let go and quickly tap dodge again".

• Options
    Oh I got it backwards I think

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Dark Souls remaster still has the old jump, where you have to hold sprint, then let go and immediately tap it again to jump. The later games made it a left stick click

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    except bloodborne, which has the dumb jump again

• Options
    I prefer the ds1 style out of the two since clicking in the stick can fuck with your movement angle

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    All of these bizzarro grade jump maneuvers feel like genuine mistakes like inadvertent somehow

• Options
    Last one for now

https://youtu.be/-w669MFakQw

I started uploading video 7 but then realised it was only 15 minutes long and didn't end on a death so I think I must have rendered it by accident, cos I'm smart.

So smart that I also noticed I lose the ability to count in the 3rd video so I guess the death number is just going to be an approximation from now on.

• Options
    Tomorrow I will actually play some more. Hopefully I can get back to that merchant, I haven't tried backtracking yet so I don't know if things get blocked off.

I do know about sprinting, I just don't use it much. Maybe it's an optical effect of my guy being a big chonker but it doesn't feel like the sprint is really any faster than a normal run.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Losing track of your deaths is just the first step in the natural process of becoming Hollow. Don't worry about it, everything will be fine.

• Options
    you shouldn't have any trouble backtracking to the merchant, nothing ever gets truly blocked off, there's even a secret way to return to the asylum.

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.