• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Very good

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Terminator Dark Fate owns.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Director's Cut or no, there's no reason Skynet would send out Terminators without any instructions post-successful killing. A loose Terminator floating around that can develop morality and work against it is stupid. It was an excuse to include Arnie. In no world would Sarah work with the machine that butchered her son or develop a grudging respect for him.

T2 rounds the series out nicely, and it's easy to just stop there.

Disagree: T3 is the best point to step off of the series, and the ending is pretty much a perfect tie-in to the beginning of the trilogy. It's not as good as the first two movies (what can be), but it does better than it has any right to and ends in a more satisfying way than the previous two did.

• Options
    The only part of terminator 3 I liked was when the protagonist mannequin is so desperate to get fucked up that he breaks into a veterinarian clinic and guzzles dog castrating chemicals

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    The bleak but potentially hopeful ending of T2 is my prefered ending.

"We stopped judgment day but another one came later" idea just makes me tired

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The fact that most people forget that Genisys exists pleases me

It is not worth remembering

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    NO FATE(ed. note, quite a lot of fate actually)

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The new Lion King was fine. It’s still largely the same story just with less bright colors and fun.

It’s not BAD but it’s far from good.

• Options
    MidniteMidnite Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    The fact that most people forget that Genisys exists pleases me

It is not worth remembering

This whole time I've been getting it confused with the other terrible Terminator sequel, salvation. I just looked it up because I wanted to say Christian Bale yelling at McG is memorable enough, and yeah, just completely forgot that movie exists.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    No fate but what we make.
    Legal disclaimer: the Apocalypse may actually be fated though, you can't make or unmake that. Sorry about that...

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    The bleak but potentially hopeful ending of T2 is my prefered ending.

"We stopped judgment day but another one came later" idea just makes me tired

T2s ending is evocative which as much narrative sense the others make (or don’t) they’ve never hit that again. So it will always be my preferred ending.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Amazon acquired Borat 2 and will release it on Prime Video at the end of October/before Election Day per Sacha's request https://deadline.com/2020/09/borat-sequel-release-date-sacha-baron-cohen-amazon-prime-presidential-election-1234587077/

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh no

What trenchant political message does Sacha Baron Cohen think he has?

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    The new Lion King was fine. It’s still largely the same story just with less bright colors and fun.

It’s not BAD but it’s far from good.

It's the same story, but filled with what feels like worse takes. JEJ Mufasa is way worse, and not just in a way that can be explained by him being 25 years older. Can you feel the love tonight takes place during the day for some reason, and what they did to "Be prepared" is a song crime that should have resulted in someone being tried in the Hague. It is incredible to me that Jon Faveru did that and the mando in the same year because one is entirely devoid of any love and the other is filled with it.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    very nice

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    my wife

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    NOT

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the next six months are going to suck shit

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    the next six months are going to suck shit
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    very nice

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    On the bright side there are definitely some Trump 20-somethings who love Borat somehow and are gonna see Trump voters treated like terrible racists and start complaining about why is everything politics these days?

Ok no wait that actually sounds terrible.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    The main reason to get married in 2020 is because then you can legally use borat voice my wife.

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    The main reason to get married in 2020 is because then you can legally use borat voice my wife.

Also, best reason to request a divorce in 2021.

• Options
    zekebeau wrote: »

Also, best reason to request a divorce in 2021.

This was a good one-two punch, guys. Nice teamwork, good hustle out there.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    The question is, is it going to be a remake?
    They are keeping the logline under wraps, but I’m told that the story will further explore the mythology of the characters, including Mufasa’s origin story. Moving the story forward while looking back conjures memories of The Godfather: Part II, set on the African plain with a continuation of the tradition of music that was a key part of the 1994 animated classic, the 2019 film and the blockbuster Broadway stage transfer.

I can assure you that Lion King 2 will NOT conjure memories of The Godfather: Part II.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    You say that, but there's like an 80% chance that Robert de Niro is in there as a humorous wildebeest or something.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    The question is, is it going to be a remake?
    They are keeping the logline under wraps, but I’m told that the story will further explore the mythology of the characters, including Mufasa’s origin story. Moving the story forward while looking back conjures memories of The Godfather: Part II, set on the African plain with a continuation of the tradition of music that was a key part of the 1994 animated classic, the 2019 film and the blockbuster Broadway stage transfer.

I can assure you that Lion King 2 will NOT conjure memories of The Godfather: Part II.

I dunno, I imagine it might come up for some people as they think of movies they'd rather be watching.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Honestly I'd almost say that Lion King 2 has a better chance of being good. At least this time it isn't just telling a worse version of a classic. Talk about "origin stories" give me pause though.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    but we already have a Hamlet 2!

• Options
  • Options
    Well, shit. Those actors are all among my faves.

You win this round, Christmas Netflix.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

What do you mean? That's just what Keegan-Michael Key wears on Thursdays.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Isn't Jingle Jangle the Riverdale drug

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

You a cop?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Sure is!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    As I go ridin' merrily along indeed.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Whaddya mean origin stories theyre a bunch of fuckin wild animals is the movie going to be about lightning hitting slime five billion years ago

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    OK, so I'm gonna assume that there are spoilers being discussed openly with Dark Fate.

I have not seen Dark Fate.

Please stop fucking spoiling Dark Fate.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    They're still making Terminator movies?

More like Terminator Dork Fête, imho.

• Options
    If you assumed they werent spoilers for dark fate youd still be sittin pretty

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2020

It's the sounds my spurs make.

Edit - fuck, just saw Jedoc's post

A duck! on
This discussion has been closed.