As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] Game is out and it's real good!!!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Getting chainstunned to death from max hp with high end max upgraded armor gear to zero hp without being able to move.

Dear god, fuck the absurd number of different stuns in this game, it would be much more enjoyable if I didnt lose control of my character at the drop of a hat, or because a monster moved a single toe.

I even roll full stun resistance in all my builds.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    And, if you want to avoid all things that result in an interruption of player control, you need to roll:

Stun resist
    Earplugs
    Wind resist
    Tremor resist
    Paralysis resist

I think that's about it.

EDIT - whoops...forgot about Mirewalker

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Why are the fatalis weapons so weird compared to the armor?

If you're going to go full on crazy powerful with the gear, might as well go all the way with weapons too.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    dont use earplugs, roars are free counters for half the weapon set

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

Offensive Guard proc!

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Why are the fatalis weapons so weird compared to the armor?

If you're going to go full on crazy powerful with the gear, might as well go all the way with weapons too.
    the hammer is disgusting

anything that could run old style max might should be great as well, it's the pre-iceborne deviljho meta reborn. just run max might 5

Elendil on
  • Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »

Yeah, but for folks who don't have weapons that include shields (or a greatsword), they don't get that option.

Also, I could have sworn that you needed a shield of a particular size to block a roar. Like, SnS or charge blade won't cut it, but the lance and gunlance (or HBG with enough shield mods stacked on it) will. It's been a whiles since I last played charge blade, but I thought I remembered getting roar-stunned while blocking with it.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Savage Jho alpha armor looks amazing.

I'm gonna craft the shit out of that once I find him in M rank.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    fyi they datamined that AT Velkhana is going to have an aura mechanic that requires elderseal to break. The aura boosts its damage while reduces damage it takes from all sources by varying amounts (basically neuters elemental and I'd guess sticky). also at max aura it gains a new nova attack (that will lower the aura after it uses it, but only one level).

so I guess they want us to have to run fatalis or other dragon weapons against it for the gimmick

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    tfw i run elderseal boost

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

I really wouldn't mind elderseal as a mechanic if it actually consistently worked across elders in some way instead of being basically useless

• Options
    Not a fan of Alatreon blocking access to Fatalis, both seem kinda nuts to fight though.

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Not a fan of Alatreon blocking access to Fatalis, both seem kinda nuts to fight though.

The Alatreon you have to fight has way less HP, at least.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

I really wouldn't mind elderseal as a mechanic if it actually consistently worked across elders in some way instead of being basically useless

Honestly, it's a terrible mechanic. If it matters, then it invalidates any weapons other than Dragon. If it doesn't matter, then what's the point?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »

Honestly, it's a terrible mechanic. If it matters, then it invalidates any weapons other than Dragon. If it doesn't matter, then what's the point?

Might work better as an augment (especially in iceborne's system where you can reuse augments from one weapon to another easily), I guess

• Options
    edited October 2020
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterMeta/comments/j3vj28/all_fatty_weapon_true_raw/

list of fatalis weapons true raw values

mostly hovering around the 350/-30% marks but with some standouts in either direction

lol at the lance and gunlance (370/-20, 390/-20)
    hammer/hh good!

LBG apparently sucks, GS got mildly shafted, CB gets a small raw cut, but at least gets the -20 affinity

Elendil on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterMeta/comments/j3vj28/all_fatty_weapon_true_raw/

list of fatalis weapons true raw values

mostly hovering around the 350/-30% marks but with some standouts in either direction

lol at the lance and gunlance (370/-20, 390/-20)
    hammer/hh good!

LBG apparently sucks, GS got mildly shafted, CB gets a small raw cut, but at least gets the -20 affinity

Lance dmg is fucking nuts

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    My friend I duo'd most stuff with and I haven't played in a bit but we're getting back in.

I figure I should try to bumble through Raging Brachy (Brachy is probably my worst fight) for Lightbreak Axe (I'm still using Gold Rathian) and then work on augments before other stuff.

He's IG so I got no clue what we should be doing for him, he's still using the Royal March Banner. I guess Raging Brachy works for him too? Convenient.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I bounced so hard off the “end game” of world. Kulve was ok before iceborn came out. I didnt mind iceborn in general, but AT elders and big bosses are just kind of a chore. I so prefer the fighting different levels of things like the special glavenous, lagombi, and stuff from Generations.

• Options
    I went deep into the configurations/loadouts and completely negating blastblight with Brachy nearly trivializes the fight.

I'm currently working on augments (I skipped the endgame of MHW and went right into Iceborne) because Life Regen on a lance is broken as hell, and the two AT Nergigante fights I've done were lost because 1 person got KO'd 3 times both matches.

The first one kept trying to use their SnS shield to block Nerg's divebomb.

I don't even know wtf happened with the 2nd.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Yeah the endgame was definitely improved on Iceborne.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Wonder if the next MH will make multiplayer with a friend through story a bit less annoying.

It's really jarring now after playing God Eater 3, where you can join a friend's game and proceed through the entire story, with (skippable if you both choose to) cutscenes popping up before or after or in the middle of fights as appropriate, and if you're doing content that's new for you both you both progress.

Kamar on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    2020 why do you insist on being such a shit year?

https://youtu.be/naqZx5oF9Yg

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    If there are palicos in it, I don't care...I'll watch it.

• Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    If there are palicos in it, I don't care...I'll watch it.

Would probably be voiced by Gilbert Gottfried.

Actually, I would still watch that.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Are they going to tape some legiana parts to that gun mount?

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Ugh. I'd almost connived myself that awful thing didn't exist. Whatever. Less go back to ignoring it, it's going to have basically nothing to do with why MonHun is good

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    That movie looks like a shit load of fuck.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I would personally risk my life to go see this if the stinger was just Funky Felyne strutting down a side walk in the real world while Staying Alive by The Bee Gees plays.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I'll give it credit, the 'Soldiers go to another world' thing is kind of a novel hook. If they ditch the guns early on and concentrate on the classic Monster Hunter elements, this might be alright. But I'm not putting much hope on Paul 'Couldn't make vampire/werewolf hybrids interesting' Anderson to deliver.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    I'll give it credit, the 'Soldiers go to another world' thing is kind of a novel hook. If they ditch the guns early on and concentrate on the classic Monster Hunter elements, this might be alright. But I'm not putting much hope on Paul 'Couldn't make vampire/werewolf hybrids interesting' Anderson to deliver.

I'm guessing they lose the guns shortly after Diablos shrugs them off and charges them so hard they zone out.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I love cheesy movies, so I'm eagerly awaiting this.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    T-Danger wrote: »

I'm guessing they lose the guns shortly after Diablos shrugs them off and charges them so hard they zone out.

I mean I feel like bullets should totally work. Especially since a handful of the weapon types in MH fall in to the "primitive gun" category. Hopefully it is more of a case of them just running out of bullets because the alternative is just stupid.

But hey at least these costumes look thoroughly Monster Huntery

o7N5pXw.jpg

Not holding my breath for anything good however.

• Options
    The prices on this last round of Layered Armor is absurd.

• Options
    The prices on this last round of Layered Armor is absurd.

At least we get the nergi great spiritvein gem farming event back soon... not going to even bother with any of the layered that need those to buy them until then. Maybe not even after.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Dude should whiff his first TCS on sleeping blos and have everyone razz him.

I will settle for a shoulder tackle head-on into a blos charge as well.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    The pitch for this sounds so bad.

"Aww yeah! US Army fighting elder dragons and Rathalos in New York!"

Needs a plot point where Milla's character's ten year old son gets transported over and he teaches them how to defeat the monsters becuase he's the best MH player in real life.
    I mean, hell, I'll watch it though, I'm sure it won't be the worst video game adaption but Anderson has a really bad track record these days.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    What are considered the overall best Dual Blades these days? I’m still on Safi Blades. (Fire, Water and Dragon versions)

Havent played for a while, mostly hunting Crowns now.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    What are considered the overall best Dual Blades these days? I’m still on Safi Blades. (Fire, Water and Dragon versions)

Havent played for a while, mostly hunting Crowns now.
    kjarr for most elements probably

maybe alatreon for dragon

fatalis is best raw which maybe???