As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 2020 Vice Presidential Debate

QuidQuid Definitely not a bananaRegistered User regular
Here's a link to CSPAN's stream: https://www.c-span.org/debates/

Talk about the debate here.

Do not post solely reactionary posts like "Holy shit" or "I can't believe that!". People often follow these threads for updates and those provide no information.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    We can now confirm that those partitions are, indeed, a fucking joke.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    The stage itself is way too small. There's a decorative circle on the carpet they clearly cared more about fitting everyone in to than they did their health.

Edit:

udf2k4yfcs35.png

Quid on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dear *deity* please give context to posts. Catching up on these threads later when half the posts are “oh fuuuuck” isn’t ideal.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Pence will bring a black prop on stage? That has no place in a debate.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    "It is my honor to moderate this debate."

Liar. No one should feel honored right now.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    They are 12' 3" away from each other. Still would always be wearing a mask. N-95.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Pence does not look excited to be there.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Pence apparently does not smile with his teeth.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Did Pence test negative before the debate? None of the pre-show I watched commented on it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    No mask on Harris or Pence. Starting right off with the COVID info.

Edit: 9 sections, 2 minute relpies, sections are about 10 minutes and have 6 minutes of discussion. Forced moving on.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I watched Pence walk in like a poorly maintained robot and now I can't get the Dresden Dolls' "Coin Operated Boy" out of my head.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I know they've sized the plexiglass shields to be useless already, but, like, why isn't their a protective shield between the candidates and the moderator as well, like, this isn't how anything works

• Options
    Question 1: Coronavirus. What will the Biden admin do in January February that the Trump administration wouldn't do?

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    He looked like a prototype Terminator

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

I do not do this either.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Did Pence test negative before the debate? None of the pre-show I watched commented on it.

He did. Heard it on NPR.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

I do not do this either.

He doesn't use his eyes either.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    But did he test at the debate or did the campaign “test” him?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Harris starting right in with calling this the greatest failure of any presidency, and into the specifics of the losses and deaths, and that the administration knew about it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Man, super shitty opening response from Harris.

Basically, question was "What would the Biden admin do different from the Trump admin in tackling Covid?"

Her response is just talking about how shitty Trump is with like one fucking generic sentence that "We'll track and trace."

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Pence has some goddamn red eyes

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    Harris in attack mode out the gate.

• Options
    VP Pence: Covid is killing everybody, why are we such a failure?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I do not do this either.

He doesn't use his eyes either.

I assume I do.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Basically, question was "What would the Biden admin do different from the Trump admin in tackling Covid?"

Her response is just talking about how shitty Trump is with like one fucking generic sentence that "We'll track and trace."

She touches on it in the end and it's the basic stuff we should have been doing. I'm fine with that.

• Options
    Pence is bringing out the greatest hits: "Trump banned travel from China, Biden opposed it, we treated it seriously."

Harris is looking at him like a cat looks at a mouse.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    First question - What would Biden admin do differently than Trump admin re COVID

Kamala - Long winded answer of Trump admin failures. Wish she would have given a better answer on strategy :/

Roz on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Tim Kaine fucked up the VP debate 4 years ago, because he spent months building up a reputation as 'America's Cool Dad' after getting picked, then pretty much immediately started acting like a dick during the debate. Harris has a reputation as a prosecutor though, so I'm hoping she won't have the same problem.

• Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    Pence is good at this format. I would not be able to defend Trump’s handling of COVID that eloquently.

• Options

His teeth are designed only for unhinging and devouring his prey.

• Options
    "Why is the U.S. coronavirus death toll higher than almost every other wealthy country?"

Pence: "Biden's a plagiarist who's copying us."

• Options
    Pence is lying constantly. Harris is amused at the gall.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Got to love that straight-up lie of a "complete travel ban".

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahaha, Pence just literally offered thoughts and prayers to all the covid victims.

• Options
    Question to Pence - Other countries don't have our death rates. What happened?

Pence - "Trump cares about the American people and put their health first" lol

Lost of blustering about how well they handled it

• Options
    Solid hit from Harris. "Trump didn't tell the American people because he wanted to stay calm. How calm were you when you didn't know where you'd get toilet paper, when your children could go back to school, whether they could kill their grandparents?"

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    These are brutal questions.

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Pence hasn't answered a single question.
    Just Republican talking points with no tether to anything.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Political debates aren't a college exam where you're graded objectively for how well you stuck to the question.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Pence is trying to smother us with Mid-Western charm about how much he loves us and grieves for us. FOR REAL?

Roz on
This discussion has been closed.