Options

That is not [bad food] which does eternal lie, and in strange youtubes, even food may die

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    AAAAHHHHHHH

The thread! You maniacs, you’ll destroy us all!!!

https://youtu.be/pmw07nzRA3I

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    First thread on Vanilla to hit 200 pages go go go!

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    No problem, let me tell you about this cubano recipe, but I change one of the ingredients...

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    No problem, let me tell you about this cubano recipe, but I change one of the ingredients...

https://youtu.be/I73sP93-0xA

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Have you tried swapping out the ham with these dumplings?

totinos-pizza-rolls.jpg

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I cant imagine a sandwhich with pizza rolls. The mess would be unmanageable. Also the scalding

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It would be less messy than a meatball sub

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    You could line them up in a pan and glue them together with a nice crispy cheese skirt. That would make for a pretty stable sandwich component. Scalding would still be a serious issue.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

Ah, a cubano emigrant.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    For some reason, I have been building up a craving for the most basic Old El Paso-ass beef and cheese tacos recently. Today, I finally did the damn thing.

qdn1vtix7dsh.png

God, that was satisfying. I put about eight more spices in the meat than my mom did when I was a kid, but otherwise this was just the most primal comfort food imaginable.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    So I tried a local Thai food truck down the street for the first time

...is this what Americanized Thai food tastes like? There was no heat, and the sauce was of all things sweet. What the fuck, food truck!

At least the potstickers were crispy and tasty, but pad thai was an unpleasant surprise.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    pad thai should not be sweet, even I know that

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Orca wrote: »

...is this what Americanized Thai food tastes like? There was no heat, and the sauce was of all things sweet. What the fuck, food truck!

At least the potstickers were crispy and tasty, but pad thai was an unpleasant surprise.

Yes and worse depending on the region. I'd like to apologise in behalf of the Midwest in particular for bad ethic food.

On the plus side you got a great food truck name. Maybe hipster it up and call it WTF²

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Thai food is supposed to have sweet elements but it should definitely not taste sweet.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

Yes and worse depending on the region. I'd like to apologise in behalf of the Midwest in particular for bad ethic food.

On the plus side you got a great food truck name. Maybe hipster it up and call it WTF²

Hey now, Minneapolis has fantastic Ethiopian food

• Options

What weirds me out is that there are several decent Thai restaurants within walking distance of the food truck. Who is frequenting this place enough to keep it open other than idiots who don't know better like myself?

• Options
    notyanotya Registered User regular
    The greatest frozen pizza from my childhood was Tony's Mexican Style Pizza (now discontinued). Red Baron made a mexican style pizza but it just wasn't the same.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »

Hey now, Minneapolis has fantastic Ethiopian food

Oh yeah I'm sure you can find some great Shiro be Kibbe hotdish... :)

I mean I was just doing a thing, but i think the dropoff outside metro areas is a lot sharper around here than the coasts.

• Options
    In the midwest's defense, this was on the coast. You can get shit ethnic food here too.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Ethnic food!?
    You know, from ethnics!

E: Orca i reread my post and just wanted to make sure you understand I’m not having a crack at you

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »
    Ethnic food!?
    You know, from ethnics!

E: Orca i reread my post and just wanted to make sure you understand I’m not having a crack at you

As an ethnic,

• Options
    SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Thai food is supposed to have sweet elements but it should definitely not taste sweet.

Ummm. Thai food is often pretty sweet imo. But this could go 'no true Scotsman' pretty quickly.

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    Solvent wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

Ummm. Thai food is often pretty sweet imo. But this could go 'no true Scotsman' pretty quickly.

I'm confused

Thai food tastes nothing like Scottish food

• Options
    I don't know. If you first encountered larb as a Scottish salad, it would seem pretty on-brand.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    But what if the larb came n a sheep’s stomach!?

Haaaaaaaaaaa!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    There should be sweet notes to Thai food ("salty, sweet, sour, spicy" is the classic moniker for Thai cuisine), but if when you eat Thai food it overwhelmingly tastes sweet to you then that's not great Thai food.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I would assume that Thai cuisine probably includes some sweet dishes as well as some less sweet dishes. Would be pretty weird if it was the only nation where all the food tastes the same.

• Options
    I would assume that Thai cuisine probably includes some sweet dishes as well as some less sweet dishes. Would be pretty weird if it was the only nation where all the food tastes the same.

Other than English food?

got 'em

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Said the country that souses everything in sugar and then adds sugar on top with a sugary side.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Said the country that souses everything in sugar and then adds sugar on top with a sugary side.

Hey that's just our breakfast cereal for kids. We also eat cheeseburgers and chili fries.

• Options

whq1ur98k89w.png

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Hey that's just our breakfast cereal for kids. We also eat cheeseburgers and chili fries.

With gobs of sugary stuff

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

With gobs of sugary stuff

I mean, we put sugar in all our drinks, our bread, our...

• Options
    In between your toes?

• Options
    In between your toes?

Is there something weird about that?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Hey we oversalt everything too

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Sea salted caramel, mmmmmmm!

• Options
    In between your toes?

Is there something weird about that?

It's the best part!

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    But that's how you get diabetoes

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    But that's how you get diabetoes

chico...

This discussion has been closed.