As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]Thread: Have you guys seen this new show, Lost? It’s an Anime

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    iguanacus wrote: »
    Fucking heartbreaker dude.

Do you just get the vague topic of the subject matter to review, or particular questions/answers?

hahaha they don’t give you SHIT, all that was watching the show and my own dumb trivia brain

Looks like Mr. Live Action Ghost In The Shell Continuity Guy(I think you missed a couple small facts about the anime, chief) was doing his homework.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I have started watching Cobra Kai and this is shockingly good

i told you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I hear in the third season they open up a nice little tea shop called Cobra Chai

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I came to the end of the first season of Evil

I won’t say finished, because there are way too many loose threads for it to feel like any kind fo an ending. More like they got to episode 13 and just kind of stopped.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    LOST - S4 E10 but also the whole show
    I don't know how the hell I didn't notice this before, but the smoke detector is beeping right before Jack's dad shows up

I'm still not convinced that they'd fully decided what the smoke monster is at this point, but I think it's pretty neat

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I don't know how the hell I didn't notice this before, but the smoke detector is beeping right before Jack's dad shows up

I'm still not convinced that they'd fully decided what the smoke monster is at this point, but I think it's pretty neat
    I would bet good money they knew the smoke monsters deal by that point. Honestly I think they pretty much had the smoke monster as responsible for the visions planned pretty early on. And if not earlier definitely by the point it kills Eko in season 3. They might not have had the details of the Man in Black and Jacob filled in before s3. Or even known that the monster WAS a person at a point. But I think at least they knew it was all of the ghosts fairly early.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

I would bet good money they knew the smoke monsters deal by that point. Honestly I think they pretty much had the smoke monster as responsible for the visions planned pretty early on. And if not earlier definitely by the point it kills Eko in season 3. They might not have had the details of the Man in Black and Jacob filled in before s3. Or even known that the monster WAS a person at a point. But I think at least they knew it was all of the ghosts fairly early.
    Mr. Eko follows the vision of his brother to the plane, and then immediately the smoke monster shows up and murders him. At that point pretty much everybody watching the show agreed all the dead-people ghosts on the island were the smoke monster.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

Mr. Eko follows the vision of his brother to the plane, and then immediately the smoke monster shows up and murders him. At that point pretty much everybody watching the show agreed all the dead-people ghosts on the island were the smoke monster.
    "You talk to me like I'm your brother" was a big oh shit moment in our watch party

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    god lost rules

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    god lost rules

See I was reading those spoilers and thinking, boy, Lost is dumb.

Not that it can't be both for some people.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Last night during our web-watch group of Lost with @Rorshach Kringle, @Cello, @Grey Ghost, & @Devlin_Dragonus:

SEASON TWO -- EPISODE 13 -- "THE LONG CON"
    "I can't overstate this but... Charlie, if Jin ever finds out what you did, he will kill you."

"There is no hyperbole. Charlie, Jin will beat you to death."

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I am disappointed that the rescheduled foosball last night prevented me from watching @YaYa on jeopardy.

• Options
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    wouldn’t have mattered, second place would still be second place, and I didn’t have it in me to do the math at the time

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I've been watching old Animaniacs and I think one of the parts I liked the best was when they interact with historical people like Einstein and Michelangelo with no explanation whatsoever for how they got there.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I did not expect Haley Joel Osment to show up on WWDITS

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Is there a way to watch Jeopardy online?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've been watching old Animaniacs and I think one of the parts I liked the best was when they interact with historical people like Einstein and Michelangelo with no explanation whatsoever for how they got there.

The Animaniacs seem to exist in a plane outside time and space and as a kid I think I found this extremely plausible/normal.

Like the camel in Dr Snuggles.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I also did not expect a scatting necromancer

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Is there a way to watch Jeopardy online?

Not recent episodes. Unless you have a cable subscriber.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    You think Haley Joel Osment might be the best guest star on that episode.

Then Benedict Wong shows up to work.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    The Nandor citizenship episode is low key one of the best reveals.
    His love of the Dream Team.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Nandor is waiting for me!

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Are the Lost Points archived anywhere? They were one of my favourite things about watching Lost when it aired.

I've found one post of them by searching but if someone has already done this, that'd be better because I don't know if I can stomach searching through 13 year old threads containing posts from me.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Colin trying to get Updog to work is killing me

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Are the Lost Points archived anywhere? They were one of my favourite things about watching Lost when it aired.

I've found one post of them by searching but if someone has already done this, that'd be better because I don't know if I can stomach searching through 13 year old threads containing posts from me.

There was a site for them, but it's down now sadly

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I did not expect Haley Joel Osment to show up on WWDITS

He seems to have a bit of a resurgence, lately, maybe? There, on the Boys, Future Man...

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Ooh I had Nandor for dinner last night. I got it extra hot with spicy rice

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it's wild that in 2020 one of the things I can look forward to in a sitcom is a Haley Joel Osmont guest star appearance

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    @YaYa sorry I can't watch your episode right away, and also sorry that your now, I assume flat broke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ompdp20bsI8

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Last night during our web-watch group of Lost with @Rorshach Kringle, @Cello, @Grey Ghost, & @Devlin_Dragonus:

"I can't overstate this but... Charlie, if Jin ever finds out what you did, he will kill you."

You need to do this for LotGH, I'd be down.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    @YaYa sorry I can't watch your episode right away, and also sorry that your now, I assume flat broke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ompdp20bsI8

I ain’t gettin’ the home version

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Last night during our web-watch group of Lost with Rorshach Kringle, Cello, Grey Ghost, & Devlin_Dragonus:

You need to do this for LotGH, I'd be down.

If I wasn't 60 episodes in, I'd happily do so!

• Options
    Did you ever wind up doing the Riverdale one? I never saw a second post about it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I gasped at your Final Jeopardy question. It was like when Cliff got to go on Cheers.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Did you ever wind up doing the Riverdale one? I never saw a second post about it.

We did! We finished up Riverdale's last season and then decided to start Lost.

• Options
    Oh no, guess I have to wait for Lost to finish to try to jump in on the next one.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Deadline wrote:
    Dexter is back to his blood-splattering ways after Showtime ordered a new limited series reboot of the long-running serial killer drama.

Michael C. Hall, who played Dexter in the series, which ran between 2006 and 2013, is back with showrunner Clyde Phillips.

The network has handed the series a ten-part run that is set to go into production in early 2021 with a tentative premiere date of fall 2021.

• Options
    Deadline wrote:
    Dexter is back to his blood-splattering ways after Showtime ordered a new limited series reboot of the long-running serial killer drama.

Michael C. Hall, who played Dexter in the series, which ran between 2006 and 2013, is back with showrunner Clyde Phillips.

The network has handed the series a ten-part run that is set to go into production in early 2021 with a tentative premiere date of fall 2021.

But...why?

• Options
    Oh man...a chain email on WWDITS

This discussion has been closed.